As Director of Special Events I manage all rental activities at the college as well as special projects as assigned by the President of the College. The historic and beautiful Dane Estate along with the Ellsworth Theater are our main revenue drivers with the balance of the campus available as we grow the business, drive revenue, and support the mission of the school. Key Contributions
● Sales Growth. Focus sales and marketing efforts to maximize revenue generating activities at the Dane Estate and the Ellsworth Theater.
● Expand Usage. Establish sales and usage guidelines for new event spaces on campus.
● Revamp vendor relationships. New agreements provide more fiscal stability and predictability for Pine Manor College as well as our closest partners.
● Simplify. Upgrade internal and external communications systems with the goal of making it easier for all stakeholders to communicate.
- Director of Special Events at Pine Manor College
- Functions Manager at
- Coordinator of Operations, Special Events at Boston Red Sox
- Coordinator of Sales, Special Events at Boston Red Sox
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Senior Director and Department Head overseeing all organizational events for the region's
leading academic medical center. Responsible for $2.6M annual event revenue. Work
directly with the Vice President of Development as a key member of the Department's senior
leadership team. Supervise four direct reports, with dotted line oversight for five additional
• Directed highest earning Annual Black Tie Gala in twenty-four year event history, with revenue exceeding $1,042,000.
• Directed highest earning Golf Tournament in twenty-nine year event history, with revenue exceeding $645,000.
• Integral member of team responsible for $25M Capital Campaign, funding construction of new $100M research and academic facility. Manage major donor stewardship portfolio and prospect acquisition. Cultivate, maintain and strengthen deep long-lasting beneficial relationships with donors, volunteer leaders, medical staff, corporate partners and community stakeholders. Intermediary facilitator for donors and volunteer leadership in accessing Patient Relations, External Affairs and Public Relations support. Serve as the Development Liaison to the Hospital Auxiliary. Initiated organization-wide consolidation of special events and established best practice guidelines providing active oversight, consistency and accountability for all hospital activities. Responsible for production of Annual Board Meetings, receptions and special events required by Senior Administration. Conceptualize and produce all stewardship and cultivation gatherings. Preparation of audit reports, fiscal projections and budgeting for events division. Direct event acknowledgment fulfillment and financial data processing. Implemented and administer an organization-wide scheduling system for meetings and events.
- DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS at NYU WINTHROP HOSPITAL
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT at WINTHROP-UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR at ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION, LONG ISLAND CHAPTER
- SPECIAL EVENTS DIRECTOR at ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION, LONG ISLAND CHAPTER
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- AAS - Legal Management
- BA - Sociology
Raised more than $9,200,000 from 2009 to October, 2017 by planning, organizing and managing all aspects of successful fundraising events including marketing and public relations. Effectively established and maintained positive working relationships with staff, board, sponsors, donors, volunteers, vendors, media and the community to achieve the income necessary to attain the organization's mission. Established event revenue goals with Regional Director and COO. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and provides stewardship for major donors and sponsors ($10,000+). Established sponsorship levels and created solicitation and thank you letters for all events. Managed Special Events Coordinator and administrative staff. Recruited, trained and supervised volunteers in implementing the work plan for each event. Managed Raiser's Edge and created query criteria for email communications. Wrote press releases and communicated with local media. Created and managed region webpage's, including online registration, sponsorships and donations. Monitored and met budgeted goals.
- Director of Special Events at Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
- Marketing Manager at St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
- Interim Director at Marketing and Public Affairs, St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
- Marketing and Public Affairs Associate at St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, NY
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Graduate Studies, Art History
- BA - Art History
• Sell, book and plan non-profit, corporate, social and celebrity events for 10-15,000 guests while providing exceptional customer service
• Build and maintain relationships with new clients and further develop opportunities with existing clients to exceed annual catering goals
• Communicate with General Manger, Executive Chefs and Event Managers regarding upcoming events and maintain close working relationships
• Work closely with clients to plan all aspects of events with a high level of detail
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors and planners
• Attend weekly manager meetings to review details of upcoming events
• Complete all paperwork for events including event orders, contracts, invoices, etc.
- DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS at LONG CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS/ STERLING EVENTS
- DIRECTOR OF CATERING & SPECIAL EVENTS at THE CLUB AT BOCA POINTE
- EVENT MANAGER - PART TIME at LINZI ETZION EVENTS
- SOCIAL COORDINATOR at THE CLUB AT BOCA POINTE
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Exercise Physiology
• Led team of Directors and department managers through seasonal holiday activities of delivering more than 7,000 meals through 13 distributions locations across all boroughs of NYC and Hudson country New Jersey while coordinating the activities of over 14,000 volunteers annual while also managing and projected 11% growth.
• Served as lead member of the agency's move committee that analyzed risk, project change, develop plans and defined communication to successfully move the agency to the newly renovated space. Achieved an 11% operational growth in the 7 months post move.
• Project managed significant operational change to scale, while supporting agency's day-to-day traditional growth. Led a sourced team of copywriter, photo studio and designer to produce the current community partner collateral.
• Oversaw and approved marketing material related to events including all invitations, print ads, social media messaging and strategies, e-blast, interviews and radio spots.
• Directed the Special Events Department with $6 million dollars in revenue and production of high-profile signature events with leading members of the fashion and design community.
• Identified a new revenue source and a created department to support it, Event Space Rental that generates over $200 thousand dollars a year and I hired a full time staff to support the increase.
• Managed events budgets and worked with vendors on contracts negotiations and venue selection. Cultivated in-kind donations and sponsorships for events and volunteers.
• Currently direct a team of seven in Volunteer Services and Events department with the placement and recruitment of 10,000 annual volunteers.
• Grew team of four to a team of seven and see 14,000 annual volunteers, 3,500 annual projects and worked with 735 corporations . Forecasted growth to anticipate determine and changes needed.
- Director of Special Events at God's Love We Deliver
- Director of Marketing at Whole Foods Market New York City
5 years, 7 months at this Job
• Procreated special event program into 6 locations
• Helped execute owners' vision of comprehensive farm to fork concept, including opening 3 new restaurants and doubling farm operations
• Demonstrated overall sales increase of 400%
• Created a bounteous following, including driving online presence and brand awareness for a concept new to the region
• Honed team's skills in the art of service and sales
• Originally managed 32 employees, with 200 at exit
• Recognized as "Best Banquet Facility" and "Best Catering" in The Pantagraph Reader's Choice Awards
- Director of Special Events at Epiphany Farms Hospitality Group
- Sales Representative at Inspire Providers Inc
- Director at Private Dining, Baxter's Grill
- Director at Biaggi's Ristorante
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Design
Oversee and manage a full-time event coordination team. Hire, train, and coordinate part-time service and bar staff, and organize cross-training with various departments. Track and regulate revenue and expense accounts, maintain inventory of goods sold and event equipment, and create budgets for the next fiscal year. Organize and execute internal events, both small meetings and large fundraisers. HIGHLIGHTS: Implementation of CRM and booking software, orchestration and management of operational transition in cafe and internal catering. Co-organized the museum's largest fundraiser (1600+ guests) and exceeded fundraising goals by $50,000.
- Director of Special Events Operations at COLUMBUS MUSEUM OF ART
- Banquet Manager at COLUMBUS MUSEUM OF ART
- Event Coordinator at Taste Hospitality Group
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Development Communications
- Bachelor's - Public Relations
• Book weddings, corporate events, luncheons and private parties for the restaurant
• Generate a Banquet Event Order, contracting the event specifications.
• Communicate all event details to all departments of the restaurant via the weekly and daily BEO's, Reports, and Managers Meeting.
• Prior to the event, meet with the Manager on Duty handling the event to ensure a successful function and to ensure all requirements of a particular group are met.
• Maintains an active trace/follow-up system
• Conducts tours of the wedding venues with wedding planners and potential
• Prepares sales proposals; negotiates contracts with customers within established pricing parameters
• Seeks public relations, networking and marketing opportunities
- Director of Special Events at Appalachian Brewing Company
- Communications Consultant at
- Event Planner and Manager at C&J Catering
- Marketing Manager at Shlemmer Algaze Associates
1 month at this Job
- Certificate - Building Analysis, Energy Auditing, and Building Envelope Technology
- Master of Arts - Media Studies & Video Production
- Bachelor of Humanities
* Meet with clients to discuss details of their upcoming events * Discuss details of contracts with clients to ensure their understanding * Setting up and breaking down of special events * Designing and decorating events * Bartending events that include alcohol - ranging from beer and wine to mixing signature cocktails * Maintain inventory and keep reports of what was used at each event * Compile end-of-event reports and end-of-month reports
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS at Casual Class Catering
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at
- CREW TRAINER at McDonald's / Lincoln
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - HUMAN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES / RESTAURANT & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Responsible to sell and execute all private dining and special event sales for Zim, Zim,
LLC. DBA Boucherie, and Rockets Inc. DBA Bourree'
● Developed the off-site catering department, created and implemented all department policies and procedures including accounting, staff management and training.
● Increased sales with brand development, marketing including digital, print and outside sales
● Experienced with corporate meetings and social events such as wedding events, anniversary events and other social private dining events
- Director of Special Events at Boucherie
- Director of Special Events and General Manager at Tip's Development, LLC
- Sales and Operations Manager at USA Hosts
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Hospitality and Tourism