Major fundraising events and accomplishments over the past five years include:
• Annual Tribute Dinner Gala: managed the venue transition from the closing of the Waldorf=Astoria to the American Museum of Natural History; was quoted in the New York Times, March 22, 2017 article, “Social Circuit Crisis: With the Waldorf Closed, Where to Hold That Gala?; secured Jon Bon Jovi and Friends to perform; have consistently increased fundraising to over $4 million while holding the event in a smaller venue accommodating up to 900 guests
• Annual Autumn Benefit: modified the format to maximize funds raised from this event, an increase of over half a million dollars for medical education; currently the event raises over $1.1 million with nearly 500 guests
• Pediatric Benefit: developed the children’s event into one of the largest sources of pediatric funding reaching over $1.3 million in 2017; in 2018, we reinvented the event with a partnership at National Geographic’s Encounter: Ocean Odyssey and have surpassed our net goal making this the largest amount of money raised with a children’s event in our history
• HSS in Florida: grew attendance of our signature HSS at The Breakers event which includes a presentation, reception, and private dinner by nearly 40% in a two-year period; as HSS expands into the Florida market, in 2019, we will be hosting seven events in the first quarter
• Lerner Children’s Pavilion Adaptive Surfing Day: created the Pavilion’s adaptive surfing day for the youngest HSS patients in a partnership with Skudin Surf in Long Island, NY; the events have garnered the attention of several local news stations and papers
• Work directly with Hospital leadership (including Senior Vice President/Chief Development Officer, CEO, physicians and trustees) in creating and managing fundraising and cultivation events for various aspects of development and awareness
• Designed a more strategic approach to guest list compilation yielding higher financial and interest results
• Manage the Associate Director of Special Events, Assistant Director of Special Events, the Events Associate, event consultants, and volunteers in all programmatic aspects of events, including entertainment, seating, staffing, volunteers, set-up, and materials
• Develop and manage budgets ranging from $500 for small lunches to $750,000 for the Annual Tribute Dinner gala
• Conduct contract negotiations and establish relationships with consultants, venues, caterers, designers, printers, and other vendors
• Cultivate committees and their participation to maximize fundraising potential
• Broadened the technology of events by implementing the use of iPads for check-in, utilizing social media and creating web-pages
• Prepare briefing statements and draft remarks for speakers
• Create progress reports for Hospital leadership and key participants, including de-briefing meetings to discuss improvements and successes
- Senior Director of Special Events at Hospital for Special Surgery
- Events Associate at Linda Kaye’s Birthdaybakers, Partymakers
- Freelance Event Associate at Weiss Creative Group
- Event Coordinator at The Washington Ballet
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Speech Communication
present Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art InDesign; Newsletters; Dreamweaver;
Responsibilities: Graphic Design; Microsoft Office;
• Manage, promote & produce all Special Events at the museum. Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop;
• Manage, create & oversee budgets in all 3 departments. Illustrator; Sales Management; Adobe
• Manage, hire & oversee all Front Desk employees, Bar tenders & Ground Design Programs; Quick Books; Keepers. Outlook; Branding; Social Networking;
• Main leader & responsible for all Fundraisers, Fundraising & successful Social Media Marketing; Public production of Fundraisers. Relations; Agile Methodology;
• Maintain existing relationships with patrons and consistently seeking new Salesforce.com for Non Profit relationships to develop. Functionality; Chatter; Budgets;
• Museum liaison for the exclusive Chef & Kitchen Team (Luna's Fine Bloomerang; Google Docs; Microsoft Dinning). Office- Very proficient in word, excel &
• Seek out new Fellows & Business Council Memberships. power point. CPR & First Aid
• Create contracts and act as the liaison between the museum and clients. Certified.
• Order and oversee the gift shop, as well as working with consignment sales and building the vendor relationships.
• Scheduling & marketing of Educational Workshops; art classes for children and adults. Achievements:
• I personally have increased Special Event revenue more than half since I took over the position.
• I've hit the highest numbers achieved with our two major fundraisers each year.
- Director of Special Events at Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
- Strategic Marketing and Communication Manager at Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
- Information Technology/Telephone Service Operator at Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
- Assistant Manager/ Sales Manager at Fun Tan Tanning Salon
8 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies - Interdisciplinary Studies
As Director of Special Events I manage all rental activities at the college as well as special projects as assigned by the President of the College. The historic and beautiful Dane Estate along with the Ellsworth Theater are our main revenue drivers with the balance of the campus available as we grow the business, drive revenue, and support the mission of the school.
● Sales Growth. Focus sales and marketing efforts to maximize revenue generating activities at the Dane Estate and the Ellsworth Theater.
● Expand Usage. Establish sales and usage guidelines for new event spaces on campus.
● Revamp vendor relationships. New agreements provide more fiscal stability and predictability for Pine Manor College as well as our closest partners.
● Simplify. Upgrade internal and external communications systems with the goal of making it easier for all stakeholders to communicate.
- Director of Special Events at Pine Manor College
- Functions Manager at
- Coordinator of Operations, Special Events at Boston Red Sox
- Coordinator of Sales, Special Events at Boston Red Sox
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Head of event production for intimate on-campus concerts featuring USC talent, whom my co-director and I identify and book (in addition to helping the rest of the executive board execute our 3 major shows in the year, hosting thousands of students)
• Coordinated the first annual Battle of the Bands, two panels featuring music industry executives like Jason Flom and Bob Lefsetz, and numerous "Noontime Shows"
• Contact and partner with popular external brands, such as Brownies & Lemonade and Illegal Civ, to develop engaging events for students
- Director of Special Events at USC Concerts Committee
- College Representative at Goldenvoice
- Soundstage, Executive Producer at USC Trojan Vision
- Artist Management Intern at Lionfish Entertainment
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Relations Global Business
- - Music Industry
• Plan, manage and execute all aspects of special events including event creation, leader-board management, collateral material creation, donor correspondence, event website mgmt., donor info on Maestro system, program book creation, volunteers, oversee silent and live auction, budget revenue and expenses related to events
• Develop and maintain working relationships with corporate partners, organizations and external vendors.
• Evaluate, select and manage outside vendor contracts and service providers.
• Manage event costs, maintain event budget, and provide detailed budget analysis and post event reports.
• Work with the Vice President of Development to initiate innovative fundraising opportunities, especially as it relates to third party events.
• Responsible for developing promotional items in conjunction with events.
• Oversee on campus events such as graduation and corporate events.
- Director of Special Events at CAMILLUS HOUSE
- Executive Director at MDGLCC Foundation, Inc
- Assistant Director at Spa - Viceroy Miami
- Director of Spa at Trump International Beach Resort
11 months at this Job
- Some college
Strategically develop, plan and execute large-scale special events (including concerts, 5k runs, tradeshows, food and beer festivals and charitable golf tournaments). Actively market ballpark and event space. Foster relationships with business and community partners, charities and sponsors. Effectively market all non-game day events to meet annual sales goal.
● Achieved gross annual sales of $500,000 in 2018, an increase of 10% over previous year.
● Increased corporate sponsorship revenue by 15% in 2018.
● Deliver experiences to customers that consistently promote the organization's 'Make Fun' brand. In 2018, touched approximately 300,000 attendees through 15 Riverdogs' special events.
- Director of Special Events at Charleston Riverdogs
- at Alcoa Foundation
- Global Corporate Events Manager at Alcoa, Inc
- at Alcoa, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Travel Management
• Spearhead department overhaul including premier fundraisers, annual gala, private donor events, seasonal event execution, event calendar, personnel and staffing structure
• Create/manage/execute all organizational events including fundraisers, seasonal events, weddings, catered parties, and corporate events
• Manage entire company event calendar of 100+ events and develop overall department business plan
• Responsible for special events P&L of $1.2MM+ annually and successfully enhanced event quality while balancing budget resulting in increased revenues (6%+) and zoo attendance (15%)
• Manage special events team of 5 and all seasonal support staff of 30
• Oversee all Social Sales and Sales Coordinator. Develop and execute Sales plan in order to meet or exceed Sales Revenue goals Coordinate and communicate all event briefs to senior leadership and company-wide
• Coordinate all event contractors, production teams, and vendors
• Collaborate with marketing team to create and execute external marketing plans, event collateral, and sales kits
- DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS at Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
- SPECIAL EVENTS SENIOR MANAGER at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Mass Communication
• Composed proposals and contracts for various events at the venue while arranging event elements
• Planned special events of up to 1,100 guests including award show and movie premiere after parties
• Coordinated logistics with vendors, catering, bar staff and security to oversee and ensure successful events
• Participated in bi-weekly meetings with Hollywood & Highland Mall Executive Management to determine mall logistics of multiple businesses in the complex, Dolby Theater, Chinese Theater, and Hollywood Boulevard
- Director of Special Events at Ohm Nightclub
- VIP Services Manager at House of Blues Entertainment / Live Nation Entertainment
- Inside Sales Executive at L.A. Clippers, Staples Center
- Music Department Assistant at William Morris Endeavor
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Communications - Media Management
Responsible for all aspects of special events at Callaway Resort and Gardens.
• Develop event concepts and themes to increase guest programming and entertainment for each season
• Formulate budgets for each special event while maintaining an annual budget of approximately $1.2 million.
• Execute all aspects of planning and implementing event operations and logistics by creating tasks lists, event layouts, event detail sheets, and timelines
• Responsible for documenting and securing all permits, purchases orders, invoices, W9s and vendor contracts, in accordance to RHA standards.
• Regularly conducts meetings with executive team to plan and develop new events, analyze marketing data and expenses, and evaluate guests’ social media comments.
• Responsible for all aspects of Callaway Gardens’ largest revenue driver, Fantasy in Lights, with approximate ticket sales of $3.25 million and 175,000 guests while managing a seasonal staff of approximately 155 employees.
- Director of Special Events at Callaway Resort & Gardens
- Interim Director of Recreation at Callaway Resort & Gardens
- Director of Marketing and Events at Chattahoochee Harley-Davidson and Big Swamp Harley-Davidson
- Development and Events Intern at National Infantry Foundation
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communication
* Directly conceptualized and executed 50 fashion, food, community, and staff events annually, in addition to supporting a team that implements 400+ events per year. * Maintained relationships with all store teams, sponsors, and internal client in addition to overseeing the Regional Special Events team to ensure the proper execution of all events. * Served as a liaison between advertising, print, social, and broadcast media departments to pitch and secure event coverage. * Liaison between all functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Creative, Promotional Purchasing & Vendors depts.) while executing specific programs from concept to production. * Obtained visuals for event advertising * Created and maintained monthly event tracking system to determine ROI * Coordinated cross-functionally with photo studios, producers, design teams, marketing and PR depts.. * Managed & monitored projects workflow, scheduling, progress, records and approvals
- Regional Director of Special Events at Macy's
- Special Events Manager at Macy's
- Assistant Buyer at Macy's
- Marketing Representative at Samantha Juice
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing Communications and Advertising
- Associate in Applied Science - Fashion Marketing Management