As the Assistant Director of Technology, I am responsible for supervision and optimal performance of all IT operations at Grace Church School. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer. Grace Church School has two campuses and I oversee the IT operations of both campuses, including all networks, phone systems, video security, classroom displays, help desk and all other technology-related systems. Directly managing a full-time Network Engineer and five-person IT staff who share instruction, training and other Technology Department duties.
- Assistant Director of Technology at Grace Church School
- IT Manager at
- Technology Manager at Wipro Technologies @Harman
- Senior Technology Administrator at Meredith Corporation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S - Technical Management
- - Electronic Systems
• Director of Technology and Chief Information Security Officer
• Leads and manages the Technology Department for a nationally recognized private K-12 school.
• 20+ years of experience successfully leading and building rock solid technology teams and infrastructure.
• Has built and managed the Technology Departments from the ground up.
• Serves as the primary system administrator for a large, diverse organization.
• Well versed in C- Level reporting, guidance, budgeting and public speaking.
• Advises leadership and writes all technology and data security policies and procedures.
• Designs, monitors, and manages all technology and communication assets.
• Has led teams from as small as 2 to as large as 28.
• Ensures all systems are future proof and plans them accordingly.
• Manages all technology vendor relationships.
• Prepares technology budgets and ensures technology projects are completed both on time and within budget.
• Trains and provides professional development to staff and leadership.
• Provides and conducts annual summation presentations for the Board of Trustees.
• Certified Information Security Professional.
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY at KEYSTONE SCHOOL
14 years, 9 months at this Job
- BBA - INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- BA - POLITICAL SCIENCE
Director of Technology
• Implemented and maintained network security operating procedures to include network penetration testing and evidence control.
• Continuing Cyber security analysis and operational governance processes and practices associated with client use, vendor processes and risk mitigation due to continued cyber-attack risk.
• Continues to improve and expand communication with stakeholders so as to monitor and measure stakeholders’ requirements while maintaining current efficiency of legacy systems.
• Provided hardware and software maintenance policy and procedures to include evaluation for continuation of use.
• Leads and participates in contract negotiations as it pertains to labor agreements, equipment bidding processes and maintenance agreements with specified vendors.
• My duties provided research, budgeting, ROI, consultation, and recommendations for future technology requirements to include processes for procurement and implementation planning.
• My task Provided leadership for services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure maximum access to company services.
• Department duties require responsibilities for the research, procurement, installation and maintenance of server systems, to include cloud systems and associated attachable network hardware, computer hardware, software, licensees and Wi-Fi systems, including VOIP communication systems.
- Director of Technology at United States Sports Academy
- Network Analyst at Pensacola State College
- Adjunct Instructor at Pensacola State College
- IT Director / CISO at DNA Telecom
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- PhD - Business Management / Data Network Systems / Database Security
- M.S. - Network and Communications Management
- B.S. - Network and Communications Management
Director of Technology - Managed company infrastructure and technical teams with an emphasis on strategic planning, service delivery and business development for a technology solutions provider with many technology and telecom verticals, including IT, managed services, datacenter and Internet access. Position interfaced regularly with vendors, investors, developers and executive/C-Suite. o Directed development activities and strategic projects for new products and technologies o Managed fiber to the home (FTTX) development and design/build of a new datacenter. o Developed a new VoIP server offering, increasing revenue by as much as 1500% per deployment. o Monitored and managed a 2000+ node network of infrastructure and end-user devices. o Positioned the company for a transition from rural, wireless Internet to a more city-wide approach that included CLEC status, fiber Internet and a fiber ring for transport/redundancy. During this period, the company garnered 11 civic and professional awards for growth, increasing annual revenue by 250% and recurring monthly revenue by over 400%.
- Director of Technology at CEO Technologies
- Director of Technology at UK Advertising
- Owner at Argent
- Manager at Fabulous Fare
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Computer Science Engineering
Managed a team of 12-15 on-shore and off-shore .Net, Java, and database developers to build Java Web services to support e-commerce, maintain and enhance platform infrastructure, and perform business data analytics, employing technologies such as SQL Server, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Aurora, and MongoDB. Developed full stack, Cloud-based applications for the Lodging business in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Built a full-stack solution (Price Display Management System) to manage complex price display strategies to make the business more competitive.
• Aligned transaction processing with financial reporting by creating a point of sale service managed by Finance and Treasury and used by various lines of business.
• Increased agent-assisted bookings and improved customer experience with a suite of jurisdiction services.
• Reduced operating costs for delivering data changes to production systems.
• Established strategic direction for migrating critical OLTP databases to the Cloud.
• Promoted from Development Manager to Director of Technology.
- Director of Technology at Expedia Group
- Development Manager at Expedia Group
- Software Development Engineer, Lead, Engineering Manager at Microsoft
5 years at this Job
- BACHELORS - Computer Science
• SaaS Management: Salesforce, Office Cloud 365, G Suite CRISTO REY NEW YORK, NEW YORK, NY July 2015 TO PRESENT (Private College Prep High School with integrated Temp Agency & Non-Profit Organization) DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY Direct the strategy and vision for the on premises and cloud infrastructure. Manage the IT Capital budget and directly supervise the IT staff and consultants for projects and day to day operations. Design plan and deploy all aspects of technology integration and services for all academic and administrative departments. Ensure the coordination, security, efficiency, and effectiveness of all technology and communication assets and resources. (1,400 users)
• Directs the development of the organization's proprietary database including DevOps management to ensure staff and consultants are efficiently completing tasks and projects.
• Works with MSP to setup periodic external and internal penetration tests.
• Designed, deployed and implemented the upgrade of a legacy phone system to a full IP Telephony solution that better meets our growing communications needs.
• Produce and present quarterly department report to our Board of Trustees.
• Engages with all departments especially academia to ensure that the best use of technology is being implemented to keep the organization in line with its mission.
• Manage IT Capital budget.
• Design, deployed and monitors the backup and disaster recovery plan including offsite recovery.
• Transitioned IT from a reactive response desk into a proactive business partner.
• Managed all purchasing and vendor relationships.
• Overhauled and consolidated various copier contracts to one streamlined solution.
• Lead all projects involving our enterprise storage solutions.
• Managed the upgrade of the entire network (both wired & wireless) including replacing equipment inline and developing a layered approach to security without any downtime.
• Worked with Private Cloud provider with managing secure communications and hosting projects
• Developed procedures for data governance for the entire organization to adhere with GDPR compliance standards
• Created a paperless office environment by digitizing documents and automating online forms into a process workflow. www.linkedin.com/in/abasia 646-246-8100 [email protected]
• Continuously tested new security products and services to thwart against any and all threats to the infrastructure.
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY at AWS, Azure, Google
- MANAGER OF TECHNOLOGY at NEW YORK CARES, INC
- MANAGER OF INFORMATION SERVICES at ZEICHNER ELLMAN & KRAUSE, LLP
- IT Project Manager at Hahn & Hessen, LLP
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Telecommunications Management
● Build and manage the ERP, Smart City, and Business Application Support and Development teams
● Define the strategic roadmap for the City in regards to technology and enterprise software
● Provide support and direction to various departments in regards to IT strategy, vendor and product evaluation, and integration with existing systems
● Provide technical evaluations of various ERP and specialized cloud software products needed across the City in various departments
● Define and refine IT Policies and establish IT governance processes
● Negotiate SLAs with service providers, negotiate with third-party software vendors
● Identify IT and technology related needs at the City level and propose solutions to the stakeholders
● Identify, define and project budget needs for the department
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY at Technology @City of Gainesville
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, IT at IT @Division of Student Affairs, University of Florida
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - LEAD at LifeSouth Community Blood Centers
- TEACHING/RESEARCH ASSISTANT at University of Florida, Gainesville
6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering - Computer Science and Engineering
- B.S. - Computer Engineering
• Director of Technology/Head of Information Technology for 20 distribution centers and corporate office
• Led the organization through a dramatic restructuring of a network infrastructure upgrade initiative reducing daily outages costing the organization over $10,000 a day
• Established a long-term IT strategy by collaborating with the executive team and senior management to provide a scalable IT environment that would contribute to profitability
• As part of a 3-year plan, engaged an impartial vendor that could bring in objectivity and transparency with comparing Tier I and Tier II ERP solutions to replace the current ERP and disparate systems
• Effectively migrated 12 acquired distribution centers worth $15MM into the corporate ERP systems
• Increased the performance by 20 % of the aging ERP system by upgrading it from 32-bit to 64-bit version
• Saved over $100k a year by converting the Cisco Unified phone system from PRI to SIP
• Increased communication, productivity and helped the IT team become more efficient with daily stand-up meetings
• Led the application team transformation decreasing downtime and increasing quantity and quality of projects delivered by establishing change management processes and procedures
• Reduced the IT budget by over $150,000 by consolidating responsibilities of external resources with internal employees
• Improved system uptime and reduced IT spending by $171, 000 by implementing weekly calls with 3rd party vendors to provide transparency to our internal goals and to clearly define and decreasing their roles and responsibilities
• Implemented additional features to our Magento B2B eCommerce platform that resulted in 15% growth of overall revenue
• Implemented Service Desk SLA's that assisted in monitoring and evaluating IT performance against KPI's which in return decreased fully resolved median time to 2.4 hours
• Increased performance and decreased IT expenses ($20,000 +) by migrating databases and applications from Azure into the data center with other core systems
• Led the efforts to reduce hardware failure risks by replacing aging blade servers and SAN with new Dell hardware and successfully migrated all VM's to the new systems
• Increased data confidentiality, integrity and availability by implementing a new secure backup process utilizing internal hardware and secure Azure transfers
• Increased system security by implementing and enforcing new device and use policies
• Set strategic direction, goals and objectives for the Service Delivery team based on overall IT and company goals
• Ensured that all application development met the Company's information security standards to maintain PCI compliance
- SR. Director of Technology at National Oak Distributors
- Director of Information Technology at Allied Home
- Director of Information Technology at ZUUS Country
- Director of Information Technology at Hollander Home Fashions
11 months at this Job
- - Communication Skills for IT Professionals
Technology Director St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Toledo, OH & Teacher Media Center Director St. Mary's Central Catholic High School Monroe, MI & Trainer Technology Trainer Central Catholic High School Toledo, OH & Teacher Technology Facilitator Catholic Schools of East Toledo Toledo, OH & Trainer Fitness Instructor YMCA/JCC of Greater Toledo Toledo, OH
- Director of Technology at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish/School
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Education - Education
- - Computer Science and Marketing
A private school that provide excellence in education to 480+ students in grades 6 through 12 . School
employs 60+ personnel with 52 highly rated teachers.
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
Provide system administration for 3 school servers, 50+ computers, Chromebooks, Chromeboxes, wireless
access points, 33 projectors, and Smartboards. Manage a $46K operating budget.
• Oversee installation, configuration, and maintenance of the Primary and Secondary domain controller servers, including file, print, and share server along with primary and secondary domain controller and DHCP/DNS server both using Server 2012 R2.
• Provide tier 2 to 52 end-users, providing both hardware and software support.
• Plan and manage the school's $46K IT budget for hardware and software procurement.
• Manage the school's computer lab and 530+ user accounts for all teachers and students.
• Researched, configured, and brought on-line domain controllers and new primary domain for the school.
• Saved the school $3K by using a Wire Access Point (AP) system.
• Set up Active Directory with user log-in scripts and folder redirection.
• Configured and maintained printer server, DNS, DHCP, and the latter with Superscope subnet; also, configured mobile devices (smartphones, tables, and Chromebooks) for network domain connectivity, along with configuring VoIP phones.
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE at CHARLESTON CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at CECIL I. WALKER MACHINERY COMPANY & WHAYNE SUPPLY CO
- INFORMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST at CECIL I. WALKER MACHINERY COMPANY
2 years at this Job
- BS - Computer Management & Data Processing