Responsible for the safe and reliable mechanical performance of school board buses, vehicles and equipment. Scheduled, planned and supervised daily activities of fleet department employees. Ordering of all buses, vehicles and equipment for the school board after determining needs, based on fleet statistical tracking. Ordering was based on product research, up to an including warranty options, and service contracts. Responsible for maintaining budget, based on school board allotment. Appointed as interim Director of Transportation, managing both departments, and supervising 150 employees. In this dual role, I was tasked with overseeing the safe transportation of 6,500 students daily.
- Director of Transportation/Fleet Manager at Flagler County Schools
- Terminal Operations Manager at South C&C
- Project Manager/Fleet Manager at Truant Construction
- Sales Manager at NationsRent, Inc.
1 year at this Job
- BA - Organizational Leadership
Matron (Part time) September 2018 to November 2018 * Escorts individuals between program and homes. * Assists individuals in walking to prevent accidents by falling, or transports no ambulatory patient with wheelchair. * Delivers messages, mail, medical records, and other items, as needed. Ensures safety of all individuals and staff during transport. * Reports to the assigned van and route on time. Remains alert throughout entire transport. * Assist the Transporter throughout run. * Follows all OPWDD and GCC Vehicle and Transportation Protocols. Reports any incidents that occur during transport. * Any other duties and assignments as deemed necessary by the Transportation Supervisor and/or Director of Transportation.
- and/or Director of Transportation at Gateway Counseling Center
- Mental Health Counselor Intern at Bronx Addiction Treatment Center
- Project Coordinator at SGF
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling - Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Social Sciences - Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Associates Degree in Tourism - Tourism
- Certificate of Completion - Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor
- Certificate of Japanese Language Instructor
• Coordinate, communicate and handle transportation concerns with all staff throughout the company and its centers.
• Communicate with the Director of Transportation, ensuring that all patient pickups and drop-offs were completed and documented.
• Set transportation routes for staff that worked within my department.
- Deputy Director of Transportation at US Addictions
- Withdrawal Support Staff at Serenity Point Recovery
- Delivery Coordinator at Ciocca Subaru
- Grounds Maintenance, House Keeper, Server at Wydnor Hall Bed and Breakfast
7 months at this Job
- - Sports Management
• Responsible for all aspects of transportation for over 90 adult daycare centers and a fleet of 300 vehicles.
• Research and implement new technology for vehicle repairs, preventive maintenance, and routing.
• Responsible for an annual budget of over $10,000,000.00 including, fuel, new vehicle and equipment procurement, vehicle repairs, claims, and labor.
• Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information and develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits or improving services. Reduce vehicle maintenance cost by $1,000,000 on an annual basis.
• Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
• Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
• Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
• Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment and property to increase efficiency and services of operations department while reducing overhead.
• Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies, DOT, FMSCA, and OSHA, to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Director of Transportation at Senior Care Centers of America
- President at IRON FLEET DELIVERY SERVICE INC
- Project Manager at PRESTIGE DELIVERY SYSTEMS INC
6 years, 2 months at this Job
Directorship responsibility for transit, parking, bike/ped/scooter and multimodal operations for the City of Wichita, the largest city in Kansas with an urbanized area population of 500k citizens and an expansive geographical footprint. Negotiated successful contracts with both the Wichita School District to provide funded transportation for three of the largest high schools and two large elementary schools as well as a funded transportation program for all students at Wichita State University which has a total enrollment of 14K. Working with local entities and transit dependent area to improve mobility and transit usage. Direct result of these initiatives is an increase in ridership of 26% month to previous year month. Successfully applied and awarded two large FTA grants to purchase 11 new electric buses to begin the conversion from diesel to electric in a fleet of 54 full size coaches. Enhancements made to the downtown circulator, named The Q, to increase both the local financial contribution from stakeholders and increase ridership by 10%. Paratransit service for the entire city of Wichita to better serve the needs of the ADA dependent riders. Reduced an overstaffed administration to better use limited funds available for service, total reduction of staff was 22% with wages totaling over 230K dollars. In the first quarter of 2019 a partnership agreement with Transloc software to begin a micro transit pilot to identify potential areas of service improvements. Also beginning talks with Uber to form an alliance to better serve first and last mile struggles within Wichita. Negotiating pilot programs for the introduction of electric scooters to the city as well.
- Director of Transportation/Transit at City of Wichita
- Executive Director at Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Dir. of Operations at Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority
- at Domestic Logistics & Traffic Management
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business/Political Science
• Built solid relationships with companies and served as a 3rd party vendor for hiring managers of Fortune 500 to small-mid size Transportation Companies.
• Conducted onsite and offsite client meetings with clients that resulted in a personalized approach for solving their business needs.
• Courted, won, and negotiated fee agreement contracts with new clients
• Managed 8 people in the administrative staffing team, including coaching, and development.
• Increased traditional placement rate of 5% by achieving placement rate of 8%.
• Exceeded annual revenue goal of $100,000 by 20%.
• Specialized in placing transportation professionals from Director to Driver.
- DIRECTOR of TRANSPORTATION at Wayne-Technologies Inc
- CO-FOUNDER/PRESIDENT at AFC Designs
- LEAD DRIVER/OPERATIONS ASSISTANT at Penske Logistics
- FIREFIGHTER/EMT-BASIC at Houston Fire Dept
3 months at this Job
- AAS - Fire Science Technology
- AAS - Military Science
23 years School Transportation Director experience managing $1.7M budget with 28 employees including bus drivers, mechanics, dispatcher and substitutes
• Comprehensive supervision of pupil transportation operation including hiring and evaluation, training, dispatch and scheduling, vehicle maintenance oversight, and departmental budgeting for both school transportation and district support fleets.
• Additional responsibilities also included school safety and security, emergency response team, safety committee chairperson, and local emergency planning committee liaison.
• Certified Director of Pupil Transportation through National Association for Pupil Transportation with Special Needs Transporter endorsement.
- Director of Transportation and Safety at Blaine County School District
23 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication
Oversee the operation of a transportation organization including ensuring objectives for efficiency, economy, quality, and productivity are met or exceeded. Provide leadership and support in the areas of training and development, human resources, corporate finance and risk management. Organize, plan, prioritize, problem solve, and make recommendations.
- Director of Transportation at Bridgeline Transportation
- District Sales Manager at Primerica Financial Services
- Training Manager at Riverside Transit Agency
- Training Instructor at Orange County Transportation Authority
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications - Public Relations and French
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
Plans, directs, and coordinates transportation and warehousing activities for Railex operations in Burbank, WA, Delano, CA and Rotterdam, NY. Responsible for managing transportation operations in each location, including: procurement of reefer TL services, strategic capacity planning, cost optimization programs, and operational performance. Negotiates contracts and rates with carriers. Manage transportation teams in Delano, CA, Burbank, WA and Rotterdam, NY to attain operational performance targets (cost, quality, and on time performance).
- Director of Transportation at RAILEX, LLC
- General Manager at SEKO WORLDWIDE
- NW Region Operations Manager at DYNAMEX, INC
- Senior Operations Manager at MATHESON POSTAL SERVICES
4 years at this Job
Orchestrated all logistical planning, preparation, and disposition of large-scale operation, to include personnel
movement and material, equipment and supplies distribution; ensured long-term sustainment capability throughout Georgia, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan
• Enabled air and land lines of communication regarding distribution of materiel to multi-organizational team to and throughout 5 countries
• Provided expert technical interpretation, guidance, and advice to senior leadership on all elements of transportation requirements involving several complex agencies
- Assistant Director of Transportation at UNITED STATES ARMY
- Logistics Manager / Advisor at
- Transportation Manger at
- Transportation Coordinator at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Organizational Management
- Associate of Arts - General Studies