• Coordinate, communicate and handle transportation concerns with all staff throughout the company and its centers.
• Communicate with the Director of Transportation, ensuring that all patient pickups and drop-offs were completed and documented.
• Set transportation routes for staff that worked within my department.
- Deputy Director of Transportation at US Addictions
- Withdrawal Support Staff at Serenity Point Recovery
- Delivery Coordinator at Ciocca Subaru
- Grounds Maintenance, House Keeper, Server at Wydnor Hall Bed and Breakfast
9 months at this Job
- None - Sports Management
- High school
The director of Transportation has overall responsibility for day-to-day school bus operations in the City of Portland, Maine. Direction of all operational matters pertaining to school bus transportation for: to and from school transportation, athletic and field trips, special needs, and transitional students. Duties include: budget development, labor relations, safety, all department personnel issues, policy development, vehicle maintenance, school committee liaison, parent liaison, matters pertaining to student disciplinary issues, and demographic analysis. Management responsibility for: one supervisor, twenty-six drivers, and five bus assistants. Ridership is approximately 1.25 million boarding per year. Current budget exceeds $2.5 million.
- Director of Transportation at Portland Public Schools
- Director of Operations and Maintenance at Regional Transportation Program, Inc
- Facility Manager at American Freight Systems, Inc
- Director of Over the Road Operations at Sanborn's Motor Express, Inc
18 years at this Job
Worked with a team of dispatchers throughout my career from bad to good, learning all aspects of the logistics dispatching & freight forwarding industry. Maintained impeccable customer communication skills such as dispatching and routing drivers through all 48 states along with negotiating skills generating higher company profits being awarded top performance award in 2011 followed by an MVP award in 2013. I have become the director of transportation in my current position with also owning a truck that systematically generates annual profit. My goals, ambition fast paced quick minded hard work ethic along positive outlook on my successes embracing new ventures and new success.
- Director of Transportation at Lionheart Expedited Inc.
- Branch Operations Manager at Allstate Association Inc
- Logistics Coordinator at VW Transportation Inc
- Director of Transportation at
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
2014-Current Director of Transportation Northern Area Multi Service Center Duties: Write on-line educational safety courses for transportation drivers; teach safety sensitive classroom courses: (Defensive Driving, Substance Abuse, Drug and Alcohol Awareness and Safety Securement of Wheelchair Recipients). Oversee the maintenance of 70 fleet vehicles (lift vans and sedans). Supervise 120 employees including drivers, dispatchers, call takers, mechanics and office staff. Complete all aspects of the annual budget of $6 million.
- Director of Transportation at Northern Area Multi-Service Center
- Director of Student Services at York County School of Technology
5 years at this Job
- Master's - Administration Education
- Master's - Administration Education
Maitland, FL October 2017 - Present
Mauser Packaging Solutions (MPS), formed by BWAY, Mauser Group, NCG and ICS, brings unparalleled packaging performance and innovation to redefine sustainability for customers. From new packaging made from recycled content, to reconditioning, reuse, recycling and professional disposal, we provide customized solutions that have a positive impact on businesses and the planet, bringing true sustainability at scale to companies all over the world. Together we have over 300 years of combined experience, over 1,000 global patents, more than 180 sites around the world, and over 11,000 employees committed to helping companies like yours operate more sustainably and effectively. Director of Transportation
Provides direction and oversight of all Logistics and Private Fleet operations for the Reconditioning Business Unit, including transportation of finished and raw product, vendor selection and negotiation, DOT / FMCSA compliance, as well as federal, state and local filings. Development of reverse logistics plans and procedures to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met at the lowest possible cost. Create long term strategy and drive financial results to the organization.
• Established transportation cost standards and economical shipping practices for the Private Fleet and common carriers.
• Reduced operating expenses by 30% for the Private Fleet through operational efficiencies in return logistics and equipment modernization.
• Negotiated fuel purchasing program for all of the Private Fleet and Sales that generated $500k in savings in 2018.
• Evaluated operational records and made lane adjustments to maximize fleet efficiency and reduce in efficient materials movement between plants.
• Negotiated contracts with third-party equipment providers to minimize costs, reduce down time and maximize efficiency.
• Responsibility for 60 common carrier relationships and 30 Fleet terminals encompassing more than 200 direct and indirect reports with budgets totaling more than $120 million.
• Created and executed a full RFP for all common carrier lanes that resulted in $1.2MM in savings in 2018
• Creation of independent P&L for the Logistics department.
• Managed a full rollout of ELD program from program selection to full utilization.
• Established logistics KPI's for fleet and common carrier operations
• Implemented a third-party freight pay and audit program that generated savings of $600k.
- Director of Transportation at Mauser Packaging Solutions
- Director of Logistics at Simmons Feed Ingredients
- Private Fleet Manager at KRAFT FOODS
- Fleet Manager at O&S TRUCKING, INC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Responsible for transporting the member from one place to another as needed, in a safe manner.
• Responsible for taking the vehicle to mechanics and auto care centers for routine maintenance and needed repairs.
• Coordinate weekly transportation schedule for the members to and from any event outside the facility.
• Reports any vehicle issues or problems that may arise to the Director of the facility.
• Performs other duties as directed.
- Director of transportation at The Regency Memory Care Club
- Handyman (Part-time) at Self
- Car transporter at PTS Car Haulers
- Transport Driver at Best Transportation
5 years, 2 months at this Job
Directed the overall operation of the Transportation Department responsible for transporting clients with developmental disabilities via 28 daily routes covering Orange County, NY. Responsible for on time vehicle maintenance as well as vehicle procurement and retirement. Managed cdl and non cdl drivers along with 2 coordinators that were responsible for daily operations. Maintained a working relationship with the New York State Department of Transportation, with regard to audits, 5310 grant vehicles and maintenance records.
- Director of Transportation at Arc of Sullivan, Orange Counties
- Transportation Coordinator at ARC of Rockland
- Safety & Training Manager, Para Transit Division at American Transit, Inc
- Safety and Compliance Manager at Saddle River Tours
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
Originally hired as a school bus driver. Throughout the year I transported high school students to and from home as well as sporting events and field trips. Collected cash payments for each ride to be given to Director of Transportation. Successfully met all time schedules and ensured safety of vehicle through routine inspection reports. Promoted to Director of Transportation following one year as school bus driver. Coordinate and arrange all transport operations for daily bus routes, sporting events and field trips, contract bus service for customers, regularly communicate with staff and faculty to arrange transport, supervise all driving staff, perform payroll, schedule all driving staff assignments, follow through with preventative maintenance of buses, develop forms and design bus routes each year.
- Director of Transportation at De La Salle Institute
- School Bus Driver at De La Salle Institute
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History/Secondary Education
Responsibilities: - Assist City Manager manage and supervise Directors from the Bridge, Airport, Fleet and City Transit System to efficiently operate the different departments accordingly. - Review and approve departmental operating and capital improvement budgets. - Present operating and capital budgets to Mayor and City Council for approval. - Determine the operational and capital improvement needs for the different City Transportation Departments. - Review and approve city council agenda items for the Transportation Departments. - Ensure the efficient flow of all vehicular and commercial traffic within the Transportation Departments, owned and operated by the City of Laredo. - Ensure the different Transportation Departments continue to be current with transportation technology in order to address all current and future traffic growth in the number one inland Port of Laredo. - Ensure all international bridges operate efficiently and serve as the safest crossing points for all patrons, including the import / export trade industry from the U.S. and Mexico. - Coordinate capital improvement projects with federal agencies such as; Customs & Border Protection, General Services Administration, and all Mexican governmental agencies. - Conduct and approve employee performance evaluations and approve merit increases. - Ensure accountability for approximately $100 million in revenues a year and implement multi-million dollar budgets for the Transportation Departments. - Approve and monitor all expenditures including capital improvement projects. - Recommend and approve all hires and salary ranges. - Provide developmental training to supervisors and prepare them for future managerial and directorship positions. - Provide continuous training to employees in order to excel in customer service. - Oversee the performance of approximately 500 employees within the Transportation Department. - Promote Port Laredo (in U.S., Mexico and Canada) as the number one inland port to attract additional commercial traffic. - Coordinate all bridge traffic with U.S. and Mexican government officials. - Make public and private presentations and promote the City's best interest.
- Executive Director of Transportation at City of Laredo
- Interim Airport Director at City of Laredo
- Bridge Manager for the Laredo Bridge System at City of Laredo
- Assistant Bridge Manager for the Laredo Bridge System at City of Laredo
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration In International Trade - Business Administration
- Bachelor's in Business Administration - Business Administration
Director of all inbound and outbound transportation for Save-A-Lot Food Stores.
- Director of Transportation Strategy at Save-A-Lot
- Senior Manager, Sourcing, Transportation, Logistics, and Warehousing at Save-a-Lot Food Stores
- Transportation Procurement Manager at Anheuser-Busch
- Strategic Sourcing Manager at Anheuser-Busch
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Supply Chain Management and Finance
- Bachelor of Science - History