• Consoled, de-escalated, and resolved problems with culturally diverse disaster survivors.
• Maintained applicant confidentiality and careful data collection in deadline-driven workplace.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at U.S. Office of Disaster Assistance
- Program Support Assistant at U.S. Office of Disaster Assistance
- Dental Assistant, Family Dentistry at
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Relations
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at HORNE LLP
- Community Outreach Manager at Ride|Austin Non-Profit Rideshare
- Patient Access Representative at University of Colorado Hospital
- Mental Health Worker at HSS Inc.
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
Assist individuals and communities in recovering from the effects of natural and or human-caused disasters, assisting disaster survivors in understanding their current situation and options, promote coping strategies, providing emotional support, and encouraging linkages with other individuals and agencies who may help survivors in their recovery process (recover to their pre-disaster level of functioning).
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at Adjusters International
- FEMA Contractor at FEMA/DHS
- Reservist - Emergency Management, at FEMA
- General Contractor/Owner at Self Employed
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- All Lines Catastrophic Adjuster - Insurance
- - Building Codes, Creating code language for the Uniform Building Codes Chapter 9
- - Engineering, Commercial Construction Estimating
- - Construction Building Codes
Buffalo, NY (9/2017-7/2018) & (7/2011-10/2011)
Customer Service Representative/Disaster Recovery Specialist (Contract positions)
• Performed outreach activities advising disaster victims of available financial assistance through the SBA disaster loan program.
• Triaged storm victims and assisted with completing applications for loans according to SBA lending guidelines.
• Accepted payments for loans, notification of status for business and home loans. Advance training and telework
- Customer Service Representative/Disaster Recovery Specialist (Contract positions) at United States Small Business Administration
- Call Center Representative at Key Bank
- Call Center Representative at First Niagara Bank
- Clinical Patient Coordinator at Erie County Medical Center
10 months at this Job
- MBA - Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA) Psychology/Sociology
Supervisor: Hale Adler 225-267-2638 * Over 1 year experience in supporting disaster recovery projects * Assist in managing government disaster recovery grants for state agencies and multiple parishes in Louisiana. * Audit financial documents and contract terms and conditions submitted by applicants for accuracy and adherence to federal/state rules and regulations to ensure proper grant reimbursement. * Use customer services skills to assist applicants over the phone and in meetings. * Problem solving complex contract and/or policy issues to assist applicants in receiving grant funds.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at GOHSEP
- Pet Stylist, Promotion to Grooming Salon Leader at PETCO
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science (Concentration in Science and Technology) - Science and Technology
Respond to routine customer inquiries, providing information to the public regarding federally declared disasters and SBA's disaster loan program. -Assembles and issues Home and Business loan application packets to disaster victims. -Answers routine questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process. -Prepares written responses to email inquiries received through SBA's disaster customer service mailbox. -Use of various computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and complete necessary forms.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at THE SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
- Administrative Assistant at ELLICOTT TOWN CENTER
- Brokerage Specialist at KELLY SERVICES/M&T BANK
- Title Clerk at
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Criminal Justice
• Provide solid understanding of SBA Disaster Loan Program guidelines to disaster victims, while handling a high volume of calls.
• Interact with FEMA, Red Cross and State Agencies to explain SBA's policies and procedures and how to determine eligibility for disaster victims.
• Review documents, reports, and/or applications for omissions and inconsistencies, to ensure data clarity, completeness and accuracy.
• Track data, sensitive correspondence, and other information that require response using automated tracking system in the Disaster Credit Management System.
• Research statistical data on various Disaster Loan Programs and analyze records for accuracy and completeness to obtain information to respond to Congressional requests.
• Proofreads and edits documents such as decline and withdrawal letters to Disaster Loan Applicants to ensure compliance with agency standards, correct grammar, punctuation, style and format.
• Assists in various outreach campaigns in the office on a weekly basis or as needed.
• Received a 100% customer satisfaction rating on random customer surveys. Most current Performance Rating for my appointment with Small Business Administration resulted in "Exceeds Expectations".
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at U.S. Small Business Administration
- Senior Mortgage Specialist at First Niagara Financial Group
- Customer Service Representative at Small Business Administration
- Senior Trade Associate at Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Management
Responded to routine customer inquiries, and provided information to the public
regarding federally declared disasters and the SBA's disaster loan program.
● Assembled and issued Home and Business loan application packets along with various filling requirements and forms to disaster victims.
● Answered routine questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
● Prepared written responses to both English and Spanish email inquiries received through the SBA's disaster customer service mailbox.
● Navigated multiple systems simultaneously to perform research, record call or email activity, complete and prepare the necessary forms.
● Assisted in the training of new employees by allowing them to shadow, advising how to provide assistance to callers and by providing useful resources for job success.
● Certified to telework from home.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at SBA
- Administrative Assistant at Ellicott Town Center
- Brokerage Specialist at Kellys Services
- Title Clerk at Kellys Services
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Criminal Justice
Disaster Relief . Demolition, Roofing , Helper
Disaster Relief . Demolition, Roofing , Helper
- Disaster Recovery Specialist at UNIFY
- Team Member at Whataburger
- Housekeeper at Holiday Inn Resort
- Laborer at PACE SETTERS PERSONNEL
8 months at this Job
• Program Management level overview for large Insurance Company
• Participate and coordinate in Disaster Recovery Program Setup at the Local and Global level
• Provided process improvements and program level improvements to the Disaster Recovery Program for large Insurance Company
• Responsible for procedures and documentation at program level
• Data Center failover testing and procedures
- Global Disaster Recovery Specialist at Collabera Consulting
- Global Executive Infrastructure Manager at IBM GBS Corp
- Vice President / Infrastructure Project Manager at SunTrust Bank
- Vice President / Project Manager at SunTrust Bank
4 months at this Job
- Diploma - Computer Programming