Coppell, Texas December 2015 to Present This1.1 million square foot facility is the central distribution center for all stores and online fulfillment ordering utilizing Manhattan. Distribution Center Manager Primary responsibilities include: oversee all Inbound, Outbound, Special Processing and Replenishment activities while coaching and developing 6 salaried Supervisors and 200 hourly team members including leads for all operational areas. ο Successfully implemented automation within the facility which consisted of a full case module, less than case pick module, shipping sorter and down lanes. ο Mentored hourly team members into Lead and Supervisor positions through coaching and development. ο Successfully completed our Leadership Development Program. ο Mentor for our hourly & salary Future Leaders Programs. ο Developed picking strategy on 2nd shift to increase overall productivity. ο Presented training strategy for new hires to increase productivity that was adapted and currently being implemented.
- Distribution Center Manager at The Container Store
- at PepsiCo
- Supply Chain Associate Manager at PepsiCo
- at Walgreens Regional Distribution Center
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management - Human Resources Management
- Masters of Business Administration in Global Management - EXCELLENT REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Key Highlights: ✓ Increased and maintaining on-time deliveries and SEI at 10% above company benchmark ✓ Succeeded in accomplishing 10% growth in sales in 2017 and growth of 25% + in 2018 ✓ Created and maintaining positive Net Promoter Scores (NPS) at the top of the region 2016 - Present Tire Centers, LLC/NTW Albuquerque, NM Distribution Center Manager * Direct and coordinate overall daily operations of the center to complete current business plan and increase company profits * Ensure safety of all employees within safety guidelines and policies* Management of all financial and administrative aspects of the business, with P & L accountability, budgeting and forecasting, proper cost accounting, and reports* Ensures proper utilization, protection, and management of all company assets, including building, vehicles, equipment, and inventory * Oversees daily cycle counts, quarterly, and annual inventories of $2M+-* Manages accounts receivable and maintains less than 4% past due* Manages daily shipping and receiving, ensures efficient routing * Regulates warehouse in accordance with company protocols, standards and KPI's* Coordinates with supply chain while attaining company business plan and ATS goals Key Highlights: ✓ Achieved minimum level of 80% productivity for all vendor programs ✓ Succeeded in accomplishing 10% growth in car dealer segment for 2016 ✓ Increased medium commercial truck sale greater than 25%
- Distribution Center Manager at Tire Centers, LLC
- Dealer Development Sales Manager at Tire Centers, LLC
- National Account Manager at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, LLC
- Sales Clerk at Rio Grand Classic
3 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Management - Business Management
- - Cosmetology
• Distribution Center Manager responsible for Planning and directing all distribution activities including receiving, storing, shipping, routing, handling returned/damaged goods, and administrative tasks to ensure customer and company requirements are met.
• Supervise a team of 20-30 employees and oversee all activities for a 40,000 square foot warehouse.
• Managing a controlled substance unit in addition to DC operations while directing and overseeing job assignments and daily schedules to ensure timely and accurate receiving and shipping, all delivery service operations including scheduling drivers, ensuring timely delivery and compliance with all DOT and Company regulations providing Regulatory Affairs with all required reports and logs (as applicable).
• Ensuring a work environment which provides for team spirit, quality work, and safety while implementing lean methodologies with employees to ensure a motivated and productive work team.
• Ensuring accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of Company records and government reports.
• Ensuring appropriate sanitation and pest control of the facility; proper storage and maintenance of tools/equipment; proper salvage/disposal of approved damaged freight; and compliance with applicable government regulations.
• Ensuring all branch personnel maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and timely communication processes between branch and Company personnel.
• Ensuring high inventory accuracy through regular cycle counts, physical inventories, timely inventory adjustments and vendor returns, and active monitoring of morgue inventory. Controlling branch operating expenditures in accordance with budgetary guidelines: participate with Area and Corporate management in the development of annual operating budgets.
• Ensuring the efficient organization and layout of the warehouse by optimizing processes for receiving, picking, packing, and shipping customer orders. Compliance with all directives from Area and Corporate management concerning the Company's position and obligations to operate in accordance with applicable local, state, and Federal regulations including FDA, DEA, DOT, OSHA, EEO, and DOL.
- DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER at Henry Schein Animal Health
- WESTERN ZONE OPERATIONS MANAGER at Henry Schein Animal Health
- DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER at Henry Schein Animal Health
- OILFIELD ROUSTABOUT / WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR at Marathon Oil Co
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Studies
• Maintained distribution center activity records including lost/damaged shipments and employee incidents.
• Managed operations within budgetary constraints, analyzed costs, and implemented reduction measures.
• Supervised distribution center personnel to ensure cost effective operations within quality standards.
• Was responsible for schedules, orders, materials planning, document control, and customer relations.
• Hired, supervised, and trained support personnel in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitored performance, delegation of tasks, employee records, time sheets, vacation, and evaluations.
• Utilized and enforced the proper application of both company and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Provided time management in executing work schedules and delegating tasks within distribution center.
• Managed distribution center shipments making sure that they were delivered and in excellent condition Warehouse Manager (Hammond, LA)
• Was responsible for planning, administering, and following through on all activities in the Distribution Center. Managed training, re-training, and progress developing the careers of all warehouse associates.
• Worked on warehouse floor, connecting workers with needed resources. Served on safety committees.
• Used computer systems to verify and pull inventory, prepare invoices, and schedule freight/stocking.
• Directed warehouse employees and drivers to ensure consistency in inventory receiving and restocking.
• Determined staffing requirements. Was responsible for training/supervising newly hired employees.
• Selected and assigned as a result of high productivity. Was called upon to train the team as there was never a set trainer. Took time on the clock and off the clock to critique and guide new employees to success.
• Provided organizational leadership in operating warehouse tools: compressors, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. Warehouse Supervisor (Coxsackie, NY, Hammond, LA)
• Developed weekly schedules for warehouse employees. Applied item numbers to properly stock warehouse.
• Responsibilities included: pulling orders, routing trucks for shipment, and doubling checked orders.
• Prepared materials for following shift. Coordinated with day management regarding on-going issues.
• Instructed employees on best shipping practices: inventory control as well as shipping and receiving.
• Designed operations improvement plans to successfully increase profit by streamlining operations.
• Provided organizational leadership in operating warehouse tools: compressors, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
• Ensured complete record of stored inventories. Performed daily reviews and team performance audits. Order Selector (Coxsackie, NY)
• Was responsible for lifting and stacking cases of groceries throughout the whole distribution center.
• Managed the receiving, shipping and order filling functions within the warehouse. Pulled and prepared product for shipment. Ensured the proper number and type of product was picked and staged for shipment.
• Supported compliance programs and regulations to drive quality and safety within the distribution center.
- Assistant Distribution Center Manager at Save-A-Lot
- Assistant Manager at Stewart's Shops
- Maintenance and Special Projects / QA Assistant at DynaBil Industries, Inc
- Distribution Engineer at Stewart's Shops
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
- Associates of Arts - Liberal Arts
Oberlin, OH 2017 - 2018
The $10B collegiate retailing industry's leading resource and advocate, representing 4,000 campuses in the U.S. and internationally, and approximately 1,000 companies that supply goods and services to campus stores.
Distribution Center Manager
Managed distribution center operations. Directed daily orders and shipments to colleges throughout the United States and abroad. Managed a team of 25; warehouse supervisor, lead, receiving / shipping and fulfillment staff.
• Sourced and negotiated pricing for warehouse equipment, corrugation, and shipping supplies.
• Significantly reduced payroll costs by more than $1,800 monthly by monitoring hours worked.
- Distribution Center Manager at National Association of College Stores / Indico
- Operations Supervisor at Pilkington
- Warehouse Site Manager at GCA Services
- Warehouse Manager at Reinhart Foodservice
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Business Administration
Physical Distribution expert for Latin America. Established logistics lanes, ensured compliance with trade agreements and negotiated service contract with 3PL and contract manufacturers. Led one hundred 3PL employees in a 24K
pallet position facility. Delivered $6M savings by reducing inventory by 10% and improving vehicle fill rates from 55% to 85%.
• Start Up Leader: Directly managed the Distribution Center Start Up in the free trade zone, Colon, Panama. Made growth decisions for new materials, inventory levels, and ship-to destinations. Led cross regional team and managed a $3M start-up budget. Deployed a new warehouse management system, designed layout of warehouse space, screened and hired employees.
• Sr. Purchasing Manager: Responsible for $56M of chemicals spend across Latin America, Mexico through the South Cone. Regional advisor to leadership for specialty softener feedstock and fatty acids. Supplier Relationship Owner for key fabric softener ingredients. Delivered global supply strategies and cost forecasting that resulted in 5% cost savings across seven plants.
• Purchasing Manager: Directly managed a team of five buyers to execute multiple strategic sourcing initiatives. Responsible for the market knowledge and strategic sourcing of $40M of Maintenance, Repair and Operations spend across forty plants in North America. Delivered cost-savings of 6% year on year across consumable supplies and pallet spending in the region.
- Distribution Center Manager at Procter and Gamble
- LEAN Consultant at Dell Inc
- Department Manager at Hussmann Corporation
- Officer at US Army
6 years at this Job
Center Manager responsible for West Coast Distribution Center for Andersen Windows and Doors. Direct Reports consist of Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor and Supply Chain Analyst managing 20 warehouse and 12 private fleet truck drivers. Annual sales for the center stands at $115 million per year. Report directly to the Director of Enterprise Logistics for the Andersen Corporation.
- Distribution Center Manager at Andersen Logistics
- Warehouse/Logistics Manager at Xyratex
- Purchasing Manager at TASQ Technology
- Logistic/Materials Manager at ExpressPoint Technology Services
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Manage a large medical surgical distribution center with complete oversite and P&L responsibility. Regionally covers a five-state area with approximately 24 primary care representatives and 9 laboratory reps. Annual volume of $55 million dollars. Requested placement by executive leadership team to rebuild the team, the culture and meet financial expectations.
• Direct reports include operations manager and a transportation manager.
• Warehouse has nineteen material handlers and 2 shift supervisors. Cover all aspects of distribution including receiving, shipping, VAS, inventory, bulk case picks, LUM and refrigerated inventory on a 2 shift system.
• Transportation has 10 driving professionals. 9 local routes and 1 line haul with 2 cross docks.
• Excellent knowledge of JDE9.1, SAP, PeopleSoft, MSOffice suite and other support software.
• Instituted many new principles to create a great culture. EQI processes, Lean, 6s, ICARE and ILEAD.
• Reduced employee turnover from 44% to 7% in the first 6 months.
• Operational accuracy has improved with a 50% reduction in DPMO errors.
• Employee Opinion Surveys have improved by 40%, measured twice annually.
• Overtime has been reduced from 23% to 7% with the elimination of all temporary service employees.
• Inventory turn rates, manual backorders, DSI and fill rates have all improved by a minimum of 30%.
- Distribution Center Manager at McKesson Corporation
- Regional Operations Manager at McKesson Corporation
- Regional Manager at Benco Dental Company
- Regional Manager at Patterson Dental Company
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Police Administration
of medical supplies, equipment supplying innovative solutions to meet customers growing needs
Distribution Center Manager
• Responsible for the daily operations of the entire distribution center in King of Prussia location
• Work as head DC manager between three facilities to ensure that all operational requirements to service the customer are upheld
• valuate, escalate and resolve all standing issues that may arise on site from truck repairs to building maintenance and network infrastructure
• Line of site manager with three supervisors and twenty two staff members.
• Conduct interviews, employee reviews and all coaching's/training sessions within the facility
• Responsible for maintaining all legal requirements for operating a delivery vehicle as well as pharma compliance
• Maintain monthly monitoring programs to ensure all systems are in working order and can withstand extended times of electrical failure
• Ensure the facility maintains the clean and safe standards of excellence that has allowed us to be accident free
• Develop training programs to optimize inventory integrity and safe product handling
• Conduct monthly training sessions to ensure staff members understand their role within AMD
• Manage the execution of year - end inventory and daily cycle counts to result in less than 1% adjustment.
• Responsible for ensuring that new product is updated in the system with the correct climate controls and handling procedures
- Distribution Center Manager at A wholesale - Distributor
- Warehouse Manager at Temple-Inland
- Warehouse Supervisor at Mayer Electric Supply company
- Order Selector at Multifoods distribution center
6 years at this Job
Oversee all aspects of a 500,000 square foot distribution center, including physical assets, operating costs, safety, loss prevention, inventory integrity. Lead a team of 500+ team members. Accountable for managing all distribution center expenses, annual budgets, and financials and ensuring the DC is compliant with company operations, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for 24 million in inventory and averages 1.5 million dollars in sales daily
• Implemented inbound same day processes; resulted in the improved efficiency of stocking and inventory processes
• Develop and analyze SQL queries that identify staffing and productivity trends
• Manage status reports and critical paths for DC projects and initiatives
• Responsible for leading and developing logistics planning in preparation and response to natural disasters
• Manage inbound freight consisting of 650,000 pieces weekly, averaging a piece per hour goal of 170
• Manage product outbound consisting of 575,500 pieces weekly, averaging a PPH goal of 72
• Ensure all DOT regulations are met for 42 fleets consisting of company tractors and trailers.
• Work closely with human resources to ensure DC is in compliance to all safety and labor regulations and promote effective recruiting and hiring practices
• Establish annual distribution goals for all departments and implement plans to accomplish these goals
• Promote a safe working environment and aggressively manage all risk and risk related costs
• Forecast and project inbound and outbound volume and budget payroll accordingly
• Manage and maintain relationships with third party vendors and carriers
• Provide excellent leadership work to ensure productivity and morale are maintained at a high level
• Implement realignment structures to improve productivity across all departments
- Distribution Center Manager at O'Reilly Auto Parts - Southern Region Distribution Center (RDC)
- Regional Auditor at O'Reilly Auto Parts - Regional Distribution Center & Corporate
- Store Manager at O'Reilly Auto Parts - Southern Region Distribution Center (RDC)
- Legal Intern at Pike County Court House
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Leadership and Organizational Efficiency, Project Management
- Bachelor of Science - Homeland Security