400 Carleton Ave. Central Islip, N.Y. Junior Assistant District Attorney assigned as a line assistant before Hon. Toni Bean and Hon. James Malone on misdemeanor prosecutions. Conducted hearings and trials; prepared and responded to numerous motions.
- Junior Assistant District Attorney at Suffolk County District Attorney's Office
- Pro Bono intern at Anthony LaPinta
- at Criminal Prosecution Clinic
- Intern assigned to Forensic Psychiatric Unit of the Appeals Bureau at Suffolk County District Attorney's Office
10 months at this Job
- B.A. - Psychology
- Associates Degree - Psychology
Conducted interviews and gathered information from victims, witnesses and other clients. Conducted follow up investigations. Prepared written reports and presented those to the District Attorney or, the Assistant District Attorney. Served as a liaison between the police department and, other surrounding law enforcement offices for the District Attorney's office. Intake and, create electronic felony files through Discovery Automation System. Assist all staff with problems or, questions regarding the Discovery Automation system. Scan through felony files for possible errors and missing discovery. Create and serve subpoenas. Assist in Superior Court trial prep. Assist in publishing electronic media exhibits to the jury. Prepared routine legal correspondence and memoranda.
- District Attorney Investigator at Person County District Attorney's Office
- Legal Assistant at
- Legal Assistant / Bradsher & Perkins at
- Officer at Military Police
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Military Police Investigator - Criminal Investigations
- High School Diploma
Under direction, performed difficult and complex legal work and related tasks as required by the Office of the District Attorney. Prepared and prosecuted difficult and complex cases. Conducted investigations and supervised investigation of cases. Advised the general public and law enforcement officers on criminal proceedings. Determined which cases should be prosecuted consistent with law and office policies. Mentored less experienced attorney's as assigned. Assisted with case evaluation, case disposition, and general case advise.
- Deputy District Attorney at Kern County District Attorney's Office
- Teller Coordinator at Bank of America
- Customer Service Specialist at Bank of America
- Financial Service Officer/Investment Consultant Associate at Federal Bank
9 years at this Job
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science/Pre-Law
- Associate of Arts - Political Science
Deputy District Attorney Prepare for and conduct trials prosecuting defendants accused of criminal activity. Represent District Attorney's Office at weekly drug court pre-prelim calendar, staffing and at drug court. Represent District Attorney's Office at local high school events. File charges against accused individuals based on police reports from various law enforcement agencies. Meet with victims and witnesses regarding cases where they were involved and discuss possible issues in those cases. Prepare offers and conduct pretrial hearings. Respond to and argue motions regarding suppression of evidence, discovery issues, and speedy trial rights.
- Merced County District Attorney at Represent District Attorney's Office
- Deputy Public Defender at Merced County Public Defender
- Contract Attorney at Law Office of Mathew Martinez
- Associate Attorney at Jaramillo & Borcyckowski
12 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Human Rights Practicum
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
- - Course Work
• 76 jury trials (57 as first chair), including homicides; 5 court trials; over 200 motions hearings
• Manages felony docket of 100 to 130 cases from initial case filing through resolution
• Analyzes cases to determine strength of charges and potential for plea negotiations
• Researches statutory and case law to draft motions and other pleadings
• Leads support staff and prosecution team, delegates tasks, and manages discovery on complex cases
• Effectively prepares expert witnesses, victims, lay witnesses, and law enforcement to testify
• Utilizes technology in court to persuasively argue evidence in trials, motions, and sentencing hearings
• Maintained valuable relationships with court staff and county law enforcement agencies as lead Deputy District Attorney in Gilpin County (2016-17)
• Appointed District Court Team Leader (2019)
- Deputy District Attorney IV at First Judicial District Attorney's Office
- Special Projects Coordinator at Mixer Direct, Inc
- Prosecution Clinic Intern at Bedford County Commonwealth Attorney's Office
- Legal Intern at R.O.C.K. of Louisville
6 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- - Finance
Assisted with the prosecution of all levels of misdemeanor and felony offenses under Texas state law.
• Served as Chief of misdemeanor court, supervising 2 attorneys and running a docket of 1,000+ active cases.
• Well-versed in complex prosecution litigation involving felony checks and fraud.
• Sat first chair in 30+ jury trials and 50+ bench trials and sat second chair in 30+ jury trials.
• Proved up monetary, physical and property damages on a regular basis in court
• Reviewed warrant requests from state and local law enforcement agencies, analyzed police reports, collected input from law enforcement offices, researched the law as necessary to determine applicable statutes, and determined whether adequate grounds existed to authorize filing a case.
• Researched and prepared misdemeanor and felony cases for trial, motion, sentencing, and other proceedings. Included the research of applicable law, interviewing victims and witnesses, investigating claims, developing trial strategies, and directing law enforcement officers in further investigations.
• Authorized and/or drafted search warrants for law enforcement agencies within the County.
• Appeared in court for arraignments, motions, trials, sentencing, and more to represent the District Attorney.
• Selected jury, presented arguments, examined/cross-examined witnesses, introduced exhibits, conferred with Judge and defense counsel on points of law and procedure, and argued factual conclusions to the Judge or jury.
• Attempted to resolve and dispose of pending cases by conferring with attorneys, police agencies, and parties involved to reach an agreement on pleas and potential sentences.
• Drafted motions, briefs, and other legal documents on issues involving the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony cases.
• Initiated and responded to legal motions and evidentiary hearings
• Only lost one trial out of 30+ with personally selected jury and trained other ADA's in jury selection.
- Assistant District Attorney at DALLAS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
- Legal Intern at MENTAL HEALTH PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE
- Legal Intern at SOUTHWEST KEY PROGRAM, PC
- Legal Intern at MATHEWS & FREELAND LLP
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law Clinic
- Bachelor of Arts - Government
Served as Assistant District Attorney for Rockingham County. Tasks include preparing Court Dockets and running District Court; handling cases involving traffic citations, DWI, probation violations, various misdemeanors, and private warrants between citizens of the county. Additionally, through the Grant Program, I assisted with domestic violence cases in which I attended Forensic Interviews with victims and performed research and preparation for the head domestic violence prosecutor in the office.
- Assistant District Attorney at Rockingham County District Attorney's Office
- Associate Attorney at Hicks McDonald Noecker LLP
- Intern at Public Defender's Office
- Intern at Public Defender's Office
11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Criminal Law Society
- Bachelor of Arts - laude, Political Science
Promoted to General Felony team within five months of working at the office; Assumed role as the sole Assistant District Attorney responsible for the Criminal Chief Judge's daily criminal docket as well as the specific alternative-court Women in Recovery docket Tried to jury over a dozen felony trials including: murder, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, driving under influence of alcohol/drugs, and possession of controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute Wrote and argued in District Court motions to suppress and quash search warrants and preliminary hearing probable-cause findings Within two years, put on in excess of 80 preliminary hearingsbefore a magistrate
- Assistant District Attorney, Felony Division at TULSA COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
• Provide executive-level administrative support to the District Attorney and his Executive Team
• Manage extensive calendar management and scheduling using Outlook for calls, meetings and events.
• Perform as gatekeeper by screening visitior, calls and emails as necessary
• Assisted managers with special projects as needed
• Coordinated high level conference calls, board and management meetings, special events
• Arranged domestic and international air travel arrangements, ground transportation, hotel accommodations and restaurant reservations
• Plan and coordinate corporate luncheons
• Drafted, memos, letters, e-mails, documents and other on behalf of the District Attorney
• Researched, prioritized, and followed up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the DA, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Executive Assistant to the Brooklyn District Attorney at Brooklyn District Attorney Office
- Executive Assistant to President at Brooklyn Borough President Office
5 years at this Job
Prosecuted and investigated hundreds of felony and misdemeanor crimes in New York County. Tried more than a dozen cases to verdict, including an assault trial involving a victim with a ruptured eyeball and a bookkeeper who stole more than $66,000. Presented over 60 cases to Manhattan Grand Juries and wrote motions in limine and Molineux motions, as well as substantive omnibus and pretrial motions in Supreme Court involving penal law and criminal procedure issues. Received an "exceptional" trail rating by supervisors for trial practice, an honor reserved for the top 5% of the Manhattan District Attorney's Office.
- Assistant District Attorney at New York County District Attorney's Office
- Intern at Major Economic Crimes Bureau
- Intern, Domestic Violence Bureau at Kings County District Attorney's Office
- Intern at Hon. Marcy Friedman, New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Journal of International Law
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History