Tried Over 10 trials in Kings County Supreme and Criminal Court as Lead or Senior Attorney, including: class B violent
felony and class C violent felony jury trials.
• Conducted all aspects of trial practice including: jury selection, opening statements, direct examination of witnesses, cross- examination of defendants/defense witnesses, and closing arguments.
• Litigated Over 20 pre-trial hearings assessing the legality of police conduct in effectuating arrests, searches and interrogations of detained individuals.
• Helped to draft new office-wide policy mandating electronic discovery for all cases within the Kings County District Attorney's Office.
• Indicted over 100 felony cases in the Kings County Grand Jury, including violent felonies, financial crimes, arsons and sex crimes cases.
• Served as lead counsel for numerous press cases, worked with federal and state agencies to prosecute offenders with criminal exposure in multiple jurisdictions and commenced extradition procedures for suspects detained out of state.
• Drafted hundreds of pre-trial motions, responses to defense motions, search warrants, sentencing letters, internal office memoranda, accusatory instruments, and legal letters directed to Justices of the Kings County Supreme Court.
• Managed a revolving caseload starting from over 200 misdemeanor cases and presently managing over 40 felony cases in all stages of litigation.
• Successfully negotiated over 1000 plea agreements resulting in equitable outcomes factoring in case severity, community safety, and other mitigating and aggravating factors.
• Subpoenaed bank records, coordinated information from the Secret Service, investigated fraud, and identity theft cases including: fraudulent credit cards, checks, currency and federal postal money orders.
• Placed hundreds of individuals facing potential jail time in alternative to incarceration programs, including: drug/alcohol treatment, anger management, career counseling, and mental health treatment facilities.
- Senior Assistant District Attorney at KINGS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
- Legal Intern at EXONERATION INITIATIVE CLINIC
- Legal Intern at KATZ & ASSOCIATES
- Legal Intern at OFFICE OF THE SPECIAL COMMISSION OF INVESTIGATIONS
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Communication - Communication
Senior Deputy District Attorney (Deputy District Attorney 2010-2014) · From September 2018 to the present: Gang Violence Prosecutor - Major Crime Division. Responsible for prosecutions related to crimes committed by gang members in Tulare County · From September 2017 to September 2018: Special Crimes Prosecutor for Real Estate Fraud. Also responsible for prosecutions related to Public Integrity and White Collar Crime matters. · From May 2016 to September 2017: Special Crimes Prosecutor for Welfare Fraud. Prosecuted over one-million dollars in Welfare Fraud cases. Attended Administrative Fair Hearings, provided monthly Welfare Fraud training to Health and Human Services employees. · From September 2015 to April 2016: assigned to a felony department to handle all matters including motions, preliminary hearings and trials. · From April 2014 to September 2015: Special Crimes Prosecutor for Rural Crimes and responsible for prosecuting all agricultural based crimes which include all crimes taking place, or having a nexus with agricultural production in the nation's largest agricultural and dairy county. · From 2011 to April 2014: Special Crimes Prosecutor responsible for consumer prosecutions which included the evaluation and making the determination on whether each matter would be pursued civilly or criminally for violations of Business and Professions Code, the Penal Code or another State Code section. I was then responsible for handling each of these matters through final judgment. · From 2011 to February 2015: Special Crimes Prosecutor responsible for environmental and Cal-OHSA prosecutions including determining whether each matter would be pursued civilly or criminally and handling each matter through final judgment. · Obtained Civil Gang Injunction in local community against a criminal street gang. · Attended Lifer Parole Hearings arguing against early release of the defendants. · Board of Directors, California Welfare Fraud Investigators Association, 2017. · Engaged in active civil litigation that resulted in judgments ranging from $500.00 to $16 million. · Instructor, Tulare County Health and Human Services for both introductory and advanced trainings on welfare fraud agency best practices and testifying in preliminary hearings and trials. · Instructor, California District Attorneys Association’s Consumer Protection Conference 2014, Introduction to Consumer Protection for Attorneys and Investigators. · Instructor, US-EPA Federal Law Enforcement Training Center 2013, Adv. Environmental Crimes. · Instructor, California Rural Crime Prevention Task Force’s Rural Crimes School 2013, Introduction to Consumer and Environmental Crimes; 2014 and 2015, Agricultural Case filing. · Instructor, CA Department of Toxic Substances Control Basic Inspector Academy 2012 - 2014, 2018. · Instructor, College of the Sequoias, Standards and Training for Corrections - Basic Criminal Investigator Course 2014 and 2015, Case Filing and Courtroom Testimony. · Developed relationships with County and State Agencies in support of prosecutions of Consumer and Environmental matters, multi-agency prosecutions and support of enforcement throughout the County. · Founded and chaired the Tulare County Environmental Protection Task Force. · Founded and chaired the Tulare County Consumer Protection Task Force. · Chaired the Public Relations committee developing public outreach materials and identifying outreach opportunities for the Office and served as the Office’s initial Social Media Coordinator and helped to develop, create and implement the Office's initial social media strategy. · Secretary and website committee chair for the California Rural Crimes Prevention Task Force, 2015. · Completed Cal-EPA Basic Inspectors Academy.
- Senior Deputy District Attorney at Tulare County District Attorney's Office
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Criminal Justice and College of Business at UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
- Associate Attorney at BRICKWOOD LAW OFFICE
- Associate Attorney at HARR, ARTHOFER & AYRES
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Intellectual Property Law
- Master's - Intellectual Property
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- None - Electrical Engineering - Incomplete
- - Summer Service and Learning Program
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY 18TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT Prosecuted thousands of cases ranging from careless driving to homicide. Two years in the Special Victims Unit. Conducted 125 jury trials. Two years in the intake unit filing felony complaints according to facts and statutes. Extensive mastery of Criminal and Civil Rules of Procedure, and courtroom methods and practice. Taught police academy search and seizure and other constitutional principles. Great attention to detail. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- SENIOR DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY at Offfice of the District Attorney 18th Judicial
- HEAD CLERK at Safeway
13 years, 9 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTORATE - Law
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER INFORMATION AND MANAGEMENT
I am an intern at the District Attorney's Office as the Restitution Assistant. I work in the Victim Witness Unit of the office.
- District Attorney's Restitution Assistant at District Attorney's Office
- Bookseller/Cashier at Colorado State University
- Basketball Coach at JORDAN KENT SKILLS CAMP
- Store Clerk at Young Life Camp
at this Job
- - Political Science, Legal Studies, Criminology
- High school
415 Spruce St. Scranton, PA 18503 Deputy District Attorney in charge of prosecuting all juvenile matters.
- Deputy District Attorney in charge of prosecuting all juvenile matters at Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office
- Criminal Justice Lecturer at Marywood University
- Guest Lecturer on Environment and Business at University of Scranton, School Of Management
- Licensed title insurance agent at The Mulligan Law Firm
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Executive Certificate
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Deputy District Attorney- I began my career assigned to misdemeanor trial unit from May 2017 to January 2018. I conducted eight jury trials to verdict, including indecent exposure, arson, and DUI’s to name a few. Trial preparation began after the arraignment court stage. I engaged each case with a constant and consistent level of thoroughness from investigation to closing argument. Deputy District Attorney II -In January 2018, I was rotated to a felony rotation as a preliminary hearing deputy. My case load consisted of consistent average of 45 to 50 cases. I received cases post-arraignment and prepared to conduct the preliminary hearings by ordering appropriate investigation, subpoenaing witness, discovering and presenting relevant evidence. I managed a calendar of multiple court appearances every day of the week. I have conducted hearings with both law enforcement and civilian witnesses. I have conducted well over 150 evidentiary hearings, including countless hours of legal research, motion drafting, and plea bargain negations.
- Deputy District Attorney at Sacramento County District Attorney's Office
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
5th Judicial District Attorney. Supervisor - Matthew Stone o Managed a caseload of between 150-200 cases o Conducted 15 jury trials, 8 bench trials, 8 hearings on substantive motions. o During this time working with Jeff Myers of Peacock Myers P.C. to gain real world experience with a patent law firm.
- Assistant District Attorney at 5th Judicial District Attorney
- Law Clerk at Rose Little Brand & Associates P.C
- Supervisor - Major Kohtaro Terahira at Marine Corps Embassy Security Group
- Artillery Officer, Captain at United States Marine Corps
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Promoted to General Felony team within five months of working at the office; Assumed role as the sole Assistant District Attorney responsible for the Criminal Chief Judge's daily criminal docket as well as the specific alternative-court Women in Recovery docket Tried to jury over a dozen felony trials including: murder, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, driving under influence of alcohol/drugs, and possession of controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute Wrote and argued in District Court motions to suppress and quash search warrants and preliminary hearing probable-cause findings Within two years, put on in excess of 80 preliminary hearingsbefore a magistrate
- Assistant District Attorney, Felony Division at TULSA COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Literature
- Juris Doctorate
Manage all phases of the criminal prosecution of misdemeanor and felony offenses from pre-trial practice through trial, post-trial motions, and sentencing. Conduct felony trials in New York State Supreme Court. Served as a "DANY Educator" conducting presentations on behalf of the District Attorney's Office and high schools and colleges in New York County.
- Assistant District Attorney at New York County District Attorney's Office
- Judicial Intern at Southern District of New York - Magistrate Judge Ronald Ellis
- Coach of Mock Trial Team (Non-Teaching Adjunct Lecturer) at New York City College of Technology-CUNY
- Legal Intern in Appeals Division at New York City Law Department
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Assistant Studies, cum laude - Legal Studies
Assistant District Attorney General Felonies Department: September 2018- present - Sole Attorney responsible for the prosecution of a voluminous adult felony caseload consisting of attempted murder, violent assaults, robberies, thefts and drug trafficking; litigate adversarial witness hearings and dispositive motions in Court daily; responsible for the development of effective case-specific trial strategies; successfully negotiate favorable settlement with opposition counsel routinely; communicate directly with victims of crime to apprise them of case status; access and obtain critical evidence from myriad public and private agency sources to bolster cases and enhance the likelihood of favorable results; complete preliminary aspects of felony criminal cases adhering to compulsory discovery deadlines; lead counsel in felony sentencing proceedings
- Assistant District Attorney at San Francisco District Attorney's Office
- Assistant Attorney General at ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE
- Deputy Prosecutor / Special Assistant United States Attorney at SALT RIVER PIMA-MARICOPA INDIAN COMMUNITY, PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE
- Deputy County Attorney at MARICOPA COUNTY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- None - International Law and Comparative Law
- Bachelor's - Political Science