• Lead Loss Prevention team for a district of 15 stores with total volume of $242 million.
• Hire, train and develop Loss Prevention teams throughout the district.
• Manage annual district budget of $800k for Loss Prevention associates.
• Responsible for managing turn within district of Loss Prevention Associates.
• Oversee consistent applicant flow for upcoming open positions through internal and external job forums.
• Improve market shortage results, attaining $1 million improvement of shortage reduction for fiscal 2014.
• Elevate District Loss Prevention talent through coaching, training and development.
• Collaborate with business partners and leaders within district and region, improving partnerships.
• Drive District and Regional operational excellence as operations captain for the region of 73 stores.
• Educate store teams on Safety and regulatory compliance to adhere to state and national guidelines.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Kohl's Corporation
- Asset Protection Business Partner at Target Corporation
- Executive Team Leader Asset Protection at Target Corporation
- Management Trainee at Enterprise Rent-a-Car
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication, Sociology and Journalism
80126 Partners with store management in 13 units over multi-state region to identify erosion opportunities of bottom line profit, develop loss reduction strategies and provide expertise to establish consistent and effective business rhythms. Recruits, trains, develops and leads loss prevention team to resolve internal, external and organized retail theft. Delivers developmental training to detectives, management and store personnel on all loss prevention related initiatives. Responds to critical incidents ensuring thorough investigation, reporting and follow up on associate morale and potential external legal enforcement.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at TJ Maxx
- District Operations Manager at JC Penney
- District Loss Prevention Manager at JC Penney
- Area Loss Prevention Manager at JC Penney
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources and Organizational Leadership - Human Resources and Organizational Leadership
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
Hire or supervise loss-prevention staff. Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it. Advise retail managers on compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, or standards. Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety. Train loss prevention staff, retail managers, or store employees on loss control and prevention measures. Collaborate with law enforcement to investigate and solve external theft or fraud cases. Analyze retail data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud. Assess security needs across locations to ensure proper deployment of loss prevention resources, such as staff and technology. Develop and maintain partnerships with federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies or members of the retail loss prevention community. Direct loss prevention audit programs including target store audits, maintenance audits, safety and audits. Investigate or interview individuals suspected of shoplifting or internal theft. Recommend improvements in loss prevention programs, staffing, scheduling, or training. Visit stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at HomeGoods, TJX Inc
- Loss Prevention Lead Detective at HomeGoods, TJX Inc
- Loss Prevention Detective at Marshall's, TJX Inc
- Loss Prevention Detective at TJ Maxx, TJX Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- High School Diploma - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
• Responsible for the shrink and safety results of 11 big box retail stores ranging in sales volume from $5 million to $14 million in brick and mortar sales in conjunction with ecommerce revenue.
• Reduced shrink from 1% to .86% within 3 years in role. In 2016 was 1 of 2 districts within the region to make the April cycle shrink goal.
• Recruited, hired, trained 2 loss prevention leads assigned to the highest shrinking stores in the district.
• Conduct regular store visits and monthly/quarterly audits to ensure that stores are executing and maintaining operational and loss prevention standards throughout their stores.
• Partner with district Manager to assess talent and coach and develop managers, participate in district assessment to identify bench strength.
• Provide ongoing coaching and development to store leaders on company initiatives, driving sales, merchandising game plans, inventory control, and shrink awareness.
• Lead regional and district calls to educate leadership teams on loss prevention processes and internal/external theft awareness.
• Manages the training, detection, investigation and resolution of all internal investigations within the district.
• Actively works with district teams in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
• In partnership the District Manager analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement solutions to maximize the performance of the district.
• 3 perfect DOJ/ATF inspections, adhering to all federal and state firearm regulations.
• Regional fire arms expert, inventory moment specialist with focus on claim consolidations, and ORC liason' to LAORCA (Los Angeles organized Retail Crime Association)., 2 cases recovering 5K in merchandise. Skills Used Ability to use strategic thought process to minimize exposure to emerging threats and trends. Ability to form strong partnerships across reporting relationships, Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Dick's Sporting Goods
- Store Manager at Dick's Sporting Goods
- Retail Operations Manager- Portland Factory Store at Nike Retail
- Retail Operations Manager at Office Depot
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- - General Studies/Business
Central Texas District
° Interview all employees on internal theft when there is enough information and evidence of theft
° Resolve all issues related to OSHA ,Safety and Security measures
° Oversee all reports written records and evidence by conducting periodic reviews
° Investigate all criminal illegal and fraudulent activities within the company internally and externally
° Hire ,trains and recruits and supervises the loss prevention Associates
• Monitor associates, vendors, customers, sales floor, and point-of-sale activity to identify and eliminate internal and external theft.
• Provide timely and effective written and verbal communication to regional leadership on the status of all risk, shrink improvement, and recovery efforts.
• Coordinate apprehension guidelines with local law enforcement to eliminate organized crime activities and recover assets.
• Work to meet targeted loss goals for shrink, POS price reductions, cash overages and shortages, returned checks, and credit card chargebacks.
• Analyse performance data to identify trends and respond in a timely manner to areas of needed improvement.
• Audit and validate compliance regarding physical security standards.
• Conduct operational audits to ensure best practices standards (security sensors, CCTV, alarms, locks, cash security, receiving, etc.).
• Monitor and inspect equipment and systems, such as the electronic article surveillance system, closed circuit television, and locks.
• Respond to facility alarms during operational hours, as needed or requested by district retail locations.
• Maintain accurate asset protection records and complete all asset protection reports in a timely manner, properly distributing them to all appropriate parties.
• Maintain productive communications with business partners to stop large-scale organized theft.
• Serve as the subject matter expert to store teams on asset protection criteria.
• Offer loss prevention solutions to address current market trends.
• Schedule store visits for on-site audits and training.
• Interview theft suspects (internal and external) and document, through both photographs and written narratives, both personal information and statements elicited during the interviews.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Stage Corporation - Bealls, Inc. Division
- Salon Owner/Manager at Star VIP Salon
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Ross Store
- District Asset Protection Manager at Target Stores
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- License - Certified Cosmetologist
- Bachelors of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
• Successfully conducted corporate large dollar investigations, employ forensic interview techniques, do appropriate documentation following strict procedures, testify if necessary.
• Handled theft through Associate discount violations, money theft, merchandise theft, book keeping theft from Store Management to part time employees; assure all documentation is accurate by following appropriate procedures.
• Developed camera systems for existing and new stores utilizing analytical and deductive processes, choose appropriate equipment, write the scope of the work and implement the program to meet the goals and objectives for that particular store.
• Organized highly efficient Operational Auditing Team consisting of five individuals whose job it is to manage day to day auditing from all aspects following the policies and procedures developed to minimize loss through theft.
• Led Investigations team consisting of 6 exempt Investigators responsible for driving shrink through Dishonest associate Investigations.
• Worked large ORC investigations in collaboration with local, state and Federal Law Enforcement agencies.
• Demonstrated understanding of the legal aspects of interviewing through proper interview preparation and knowledge and use of appropriate questions accusatory and non-accusatory interviewing and documentation.
• Adept at behavior analysis including body language, facial expressions, speech patterns, and past and present behavior patterns.
• Investigated a wide variety of accusations or suspicions from sexual harassment, embezzlement and petty theft.
• Treated all people with respect and dignity during the investigative/interview process in a fair and just manner.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Napa
- District Loss Prevention Investigator at TJ Max
- Team Captain/Skip Tracer at CBE Group
- Loss Prevention Market Manager at Shoe Carnival
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
• Effectively lowered annual shrink 33% in first 6 months in role
• Responsible for overall operational standards for the top 3 districts in the Northeast Region
• Successful training and maintenance of staff at all levels (manager, agent, associate)
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Banana Republic
- Manager at Store Operations - Ann Inc
- Store Manager, COACH Leatherware at
- Associate Manager, COACH Leatherware at
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance - Competitive Training and Performance Sport Science
Investigate reports of asset losses, injuries, or harassment to determine proper facts and execute proper disciplinary actions. Conduct physical security checks to minimize asset loss and maintain CCTV and Alarm systems. Create and recommend ideas for increased shortage control and fewer accidents. Conduct safety inspections and follow up with correction of safety issues with stores to ensure safe work environments.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Ollies Bargain Outlet
- Loss Prevention Specialist at Amazon
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Old Navy
- Loss Prevention Supervisor at Old Navy
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Criminal Justice B.A
All loss prevention responsibilities for the Eastern U.S. at this global cash management company encompassing one of the largest cash processing centers and the largest amount of ATMs serviced in the company. * Holder of the Massachusetts Watch, Guard and Patrol Agency License for the company. * Responsible for posting all business interruption alerts in the Northeast on the company's website. * Managed 16 Area LPMs covering 25 branches on the eastern seaboard and Puerto Rico. * Conducted site risk assessments at customer locations for crew security and smart safe installations. * Mitigated loss exposure by managing cargo claims through interaction with branch operations teams to conduct thorough investigations as well as identifying inaccurate information and late filed claim. * Instructor Trainer for the company's driver safety program. * Minimized risk exposure by monitoring key performance indicators and reviewing with Branch Managers via monthly webinars. * Created an individual, behavior based incentive program to address injuries, vehicle collisions and cash-in-transit losses resulting in several branches achieving loss free years. * Reduced cash-in-transit losses an average of 9% year over year by conducting comprehensive security process audits and assisting branch teams to create and implement comprehensive action plans to address operational weaknesses. * Reduced vehicle crash frequency and cost by an average of 12% while increasing fleet size and mileage through use of on-board monitoring system, training, and surveillances. * Reduced injury frequency and cost by an average of 14% through employee training and working closely with casualty claims adjusters. * Maintained relationships with several local and federal law enforcement personnel. * Successfully integrated 19 new branches into company risk program over 3 major acquisitions. * Conducted numerous theft investigations resulting in cash recovery and criminal convictions. * Developed two Area Loss Prevention Managers for promotion to senior operations positions. * Selected to attend exclusive Cash Executive Leadership Training - A one year, international program encompassing operations and leadership training.
- District Loss Prevention Manager at Loomis Armored US, LLC
- Division Director of Loss Prevention at Marriott International, Inc
16 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school - Academic
• Manage and oversee Loss Prevention throughout 52 locations in CA, AZ, CO, KS, and OK
• Investigate incidents of fraud, theft, policy violations, and work place violence
• Review daily risk based analytics pertaining to loss.
• Reduced shrink by 19% FY within territory. Investigated, interviewed, and closed 70+ cases annually
• Complete audits of operational, safety, cash controls, and risk management
• Assisted in rewriting company Loss Prevention audit, operating standards, as well as case documents
- Multi-District Loss Prevention Manager at Bowlero Corporation
- Asset Protection Manager/Market Investigator at Wal-Mart, Baldwin Hills
- District Loss Prevention Specialist at Ralphs Grocery Company
- Internal Controls Auditor at Coca Cola Enterprises
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Administration of Justice