Recruited by Chief Diversity Officer as subject matter expert in reviewing and analyzing trends, data and developing
recommendations and initiatives supporting inclusion efforts, including recruiting, retention and engagement of diverse talent.
• Created a global learning curriculum supporting inclusion awareness. This program is being globally translated and will be offered to 60,000+ employees worldwide and covers inclusive leadership and other topics supporting inclusivity in the workplace.
• Meet regularly with HR and Regional HR Managers to ensure integration of inclusion based business solutions, including compensation, performance review, succession planning and leadership programs.
• Co-led a global cross-functional team that created a global dashboard supporting metrics and reporting for US and global talent.
• Created and co-facilitated the first diversity and inclusion workshop for company leaders. Attendees included Sr. Level Leaders from global regions including Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America and the US.
• Co-manage company compliance and workforce analysis initiatives and programs.
• Develop recommendations supporting recruiting and retention efforts, including initiatives supporting HBCUs, HSIs, Emerging Talent/Interns, Leadership Development, campus focus, and disability talent awareness. Currently developing mentoring and sponsorship initiatives supporting recruitment and retention opportunities.
• Created New Hire Orientation and Onboarding engagement component.
• Created and oversaw first Business Resource Group Awareness Week supporting 3,000+ employee Corporate Campus. o 98% percent approval rating o 60% engagement rate
• Oversee 1,000+ Business Resource Group members in three North America locations (including one manufacturing facility) and two global locations.
• Co-created and co-facilitated first Business Resource Group Leadership Development Workshop. Attendees rated the workshop with a 100% approval rating and a 100% recommendation to make an annual event.
• Created first Business Resource Group and Diversity Council Governance Guide and ROI reporting functions. These reports provide real-time reporting and measurement of company-wide engagement and inclusion initiatives.
- Global Diversity Manager at Global Diversity & Inclusion, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Sr. Diversity Manager at Diversity & Inclusion, Cabela's
- Sr. Diversity Analyst at Diversity & Inclusion, Nissan North America
- Sr. Paralegal at Legal Department, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing Management - Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Management - Business Administration and Management
• Manage and organize large-scale education programs, including research experiences for 8 high school students, 12 undergraduates, and 20 teachers from underserved communities. Manage a total budget of $515,323 (2014-5) and $373,669 (2015-6) supplemented with additional external grants from the National Science Foundation. Received $54,560 in external foundational funding.
• Manage 6 diversity and inclusion efforts including the Synberc Scholars program that supports underrepresented undergraduates in STEM. Fundraised $58,000 for the Expanding Potential program that serves over 200 STEM professionals.
• Evaluate and assess existing programs to measure impact and improve quality.
• Build education, outreach, and diversity partnerships with academia, non-profits, and industry.
• Grow 12 partnerships consisting of science museums, international industry leaders, research centers, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations.
• Represent the education, outreach and diversity team at national meetings and governmental agencies.
• Lead and organize team meetings, seminars, and workshops ranging from 4 to 473 individuals.
• Work collaboratively with the Multisite Public Engagement in Science (MSPES) Building with Biology project that will bring science museum activities to 200 sites in 2016.
• Co-founded and co-direct STEM Dance-ology, a creative movement effort to engage students and the public about STEM research.
• Create and manage social media and external public engagement efforts to educate and generate a two-way dialogue with the public on the research directions of synthetic biology.
- Education, Outreach, and Diversity Manager at Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center
- Science Policy Fellow at American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Outreach Officer at Women in Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Genetics and Development
- B.S. - Cell and Structural Biology
Develop and execute multi-level strategies for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Regional Center System,
Service Provider/ Vendor Community, and Individuals served
• Introduce new methods of communication within the organization and vendor community, through person centered thinking and planning, that are culturally and linguistically sensitive and reflective of people of color with developmental disabilities
• Hold focus groups and public stakeholder meetings in the community to gather feedback, data, and locate gaps/ areas of need
• Collect data and analyze strategies, programs, and feedback for effectiveness and guidance for organizational change
• Innovative grant writing, multi-project management, and people supervision - currently managing one internal and four external grants totaling over $800,000
• Plan and execute sustainable and relevant events, workshops, and conferences focused on educating and supporting individuals and families who are underserved
• Identify, build, and maintain partnerships with local county and community agencies, vendors, and stakeholders
- Culture and Diversity Manager at Golden Gate Regional Center
- Recruiter / Candidate Advocate at Premier Staffing Inc
- Registered Behavioral Technician at Autism Spectrum Consultants
- Clinical Research Coordinator at Veteran Affairs Medical Center
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Health
- Bachelor's - Public Health
Implements a national program of work to improve the organizational cultural sensitivity/diversity awareness and skill development workforce; conducts Management Directives 715, and works with senior leadership to identify and eliminate barriers to positive work environment; designs strategic plans to increase active participation rates in Federal Public Programs and the Civil Rights Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO-Title VII) with specialized experiences utilizing advanced workforce management principles, concepts and practices. Leads a wide range of advanced staffing concepts and practices that provide technical guidance on implementing and administering external recruitment programs; designing and planning policy for a future workforce that is responsive to changes in mission and business practices; identifying and proposing solutions to workforce shaping problems and issues that are broad, important and severe and for which previous studies and established techniques are frequently inadequate; advising staff and leadership on the accepted principles and rules of judgment in analyzing contentious and complex affirmative employment, recruitment and workforce shaping changes. Conducts briefings, participates in conferences and meetings, and presenting information to employees, managers, and executives regarding EEO organizational design topics.
- National Diversity Manager at U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Associate Chief Diversity Officer at U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Alternate Dispute Manager at U.S. Department of Defense
- Associate Director Diversity & Inclusion at U.S. Department of Defense
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Public Policy
- Bachelor of Arts - project management, financial management
- Supplier Diversity Manager at Suntrust Bank
at this Job
- Master's - Business Management
• Program Management Lead for Supplier Diversity PG&E Prime Contractor Program, Lead outreach liaison to the Diversity Business community and primary interface to the Customer Care Line of Business.
• Lead training efforts for internal / external stakeholders in the area of Supplier Diversity and the integration of Supplier Diversity within the supply chain.
• Assist Estimators and Project Managers to meet and exceed a baseline of 40% diverse job cost spending. Community Outreach
• Identify and partner with a number of diversified vendors and small business i.e. DVBE's, WBE's, SDB's etc. to build optimized, evolving business solutions
• Leverage vast vendor network to enhance supply chain and sustainability.
• Guide new vendors through increasingly complex market with a focus on solidified presence and subcontract procurement
• Maintain a company supply chain database consisting of over 400 vendors.
• Closely monitor job cost reports and identify monthly and YTD diverse spending figures
• Monthly DBE Spending Reports - prepare and publish internal monthly and YTD DBE Reports
• Monthly DEB spending reports to customers. Work within our customers' operating systems to up load information.
• Prepare documents to support over $90 MM in diversity spending per customer's annual audit.
• Utilize robust understanding of contractual agreements to effectively manage vendor compliance.
• Extend contract agreements to subcontractor and suppliers.
• Review and verify subcontractor insurance certificate to meet all requirements within the contractual agreement.
• Track insurance certificates expiration dates maintaining a current insurance certificate for all subcontractors
• Maintain electronic and manual contract filing.
- Supplier Diversity Manager at ARB, Inc., - Nor Cal Division
- Contract Administrator/Executive Administrative Assistant at William Lyon Homes, Inc
- Contract Administrator/Project Management Coordinator at Discovery Builders, Inc
- Contract Administrator at D.R. Horton America's Builder
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Responsible for developing and implementing a value-adding strategy for Indirect Procurement focusing on Strategic Sourcing, new vendor acquisition and continued vendor engagement. Responsible for over $200MM in spend and over 1000 vendors. RESULTS
• Delivered savings of over $18.7MM across 4.5 years
• Executed 30 major marketing and technology sourcing events
• Created Indirect processes & policies driving change management and compliance
• Developed an “Engagement Matrix” to increasing stakeholder participation and compliance
• Implemented a self-service process for stakeholders to execute small spend quickly within policy
• Defined key metrics for vendor business reviews and vendor score carding
• Built supplier diversity platform increasing diverse spend by 300%
- Indirect Procurement and Supplier Diversity Manager at Valvoline
- Pricing Manager at Valvoline
- Corporate Pricing and Licensing Manager at Blackbaud, Inc
- Strategic Pricing Manager at Army Air Force Exchange Service
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Public Policy and Administration - Public Policy and Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- Supplier Diversity Manager/SBLO at Peraton Inc
- Supplier Diversity Manager/SBLO at Peraton Inc
- Senior SBLO Commercial & Federal (Subcontracts Administrator) at Supplier Diversity
- Subcontracts Administrator at Supplier Diversity
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - International Commerce and Policy
- Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business & Management
Assisting clients with establishing Supplier Diversity infrastructure, policy and practices in building an initiative.
- Supplier Diversity Consultant at Diversity Sourcing Solutions
- Director, Supplier Diversity at OfficeMax
- Supplier Diversity Manager at Snap-on Tools
- Director, Supplier Diversity & Community Affairs at The Missouri Lottery
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management - Management
10. Sourcing Buyer, Senior Manager Supplier Diversity, Manager, Human Resources Business Partner Resume
- Sourcing Buyer, Senior Manager Supplier Diversity, Manager, Human Resources Business Partner at MACY'S INC
- PROFESSIONAL BUYER II at CH2M HILL
- PURCHASING MANAGER at PRIMETECH COMMUNICATIONS
- Divisional Buyer, Regional Buyer at TIME WARNER CABLE
3 years at this Job
- BS - SOCIOLOGY
- - LEADERSHIP