• Execute sourcing strategies and activities for major service/product spend categories including real estate, corporate/commercial, contingent labor (legal, professional, technology and temporary).
• Optimize total value/cost ratio of supplier relationships; drive savings and ensure supplier selections to fulfill business needs, mitigate/manage risk, improve processes, and performance matching established quality standards.
• Assist in design and reporting of vendor management tool, tracking spend, reporting savings, and monitor vendor performance.
• Collaborate with contract managers to assure suppliers' performance meets business objectives, costs and schedules, and sound contract structures within appropriate risk allocation provisions and mechanisms.
• Manage $800M in source-able spend, co-branding, gain sharing, contingent fee structures, or atypical spend commitment or purchase arrangements, competitive bidding, and supplier selection process. Supplier Diversity Manager
• Manage department, develop processes, track new diverse supplier on-boarding, and community outreach.
• Track and report spending, Tier 1 and II, new diverse awards. Initiate strategic planning for meeting corporate supplier diversity goals and manage supplier diversity database.
- Vice President, Sourcing Principal, Supplier Diversity Manager at BB&T BANK
- Manager, Supplier Diversity at CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY STORES
- IT Subcontract Manager Contractor Consultant at GENERAL DYNAMICS Armament Technology Products Inc
- Strategic Sourcing Manager, Contract Development and Negotiations at PREMIER INC
7 years at this Job
- Executive MBA
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Manage and organize large-scale education programs, including research experiences for 8 high school students, 12 undergraduates, and 20 teachers from underserved communities. Manage a total budget of $515,323 (2014-5) and $373,669 (2015-6) supplemented with additional external grants from the National Science Foundation. Received $54,560 in external foundational funding.
• Manage 6 diversity and inclusion efforts including the Synberc Scholars program that supports underrepresented undergraduates in STEM. Fundraised $58,000 for the Expanding Potential program that serves over 200 STEM professionals.
• Evaluate and assess existing programs to measure impact and improve quality.
• Build education, outreach, and diversity partnerships with academia, non-profits, and industry.
• Grow 12 partnerships consisting of science museums, international industry leaders, research centers, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations.
• Represent the education, outreach and diversity team at national meetings and governmental agencies.
• Lead and organize team meetings, seminars, and workshops ranging from 4 to 473 individuals.
• Work collaboratively with the Multisite Public Engagement in Science (MSPES) Building with Biology project that will bring science museum activities to 200 sites in 2016.
• Co-founded and co-direct STEM Dance-ology, a creative movement effort to engage students and the public about STEM research.
• Create and manage social media and external public engagement efforts to educate and generate a two-way dialogue with the public on the research directions of synthetic biology.
- Education, Outreach, and Diversity Manager at Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center
- Science Policy Fellow at American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Outreach Officer at Women in Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Genetics and Development
- B.S. - Cell and Structural Biology
• Authored policies and procedures for Buy America and Supplier Diversity programs;
• Created matrices and spreadsheets to track SBE/DBE spend calculation, recording and reporting;
• Founded and currently serving as Executive Director for Alstom NAM Supplier Diversity Committee;
• Created five year calendar for outreach events and activities (national, regional and local) ;
• Negotiated a series of PPPs ( Public Private Partnerships) to provide strategic planning and resource sharing develop, grow and sustain a diverse supplier base in North American Market.
- Project Buy America and Supplier Diversity Manager at Alstom Transportation Inc
- EEO-DBE Analyst at Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Project Manager, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority at Armand Resource Group, Inc
- DBE/Civil Rights Compliance Project Manager at Armand Resource Group, Inc
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Africana Studies & Finance
- Certificate of Completion - Project Management
Lead the Supplier Diversity initiative throughout American's supply chain and built relationships within the diverse and small business community to find business opportunities within American.
• Grew annual Supplier Diversity Certified Program spend by 37% ($145M).
• Implemented requirements for inclusion of small business in the procurement process per the SBA guidelines.
• Redesigned online supplier diversity portal to enhance interaction between suppliers and buyers.
• Mentored suppliers in developing business marketing tools, presentations and provided a purchasing perspective.
• Oversaw production of supplier videos, promotional articles to improve internal and external awareness of initiatives.
• Nominated and received awards for support of the supplier diversity community.
- SUPPLIER DIVERSITY MANAGER at American Airlines
- SR. COMMODITY MANAGER at
- SCHEDULES MANAGER at J.C. Penney Media L.P
- TRAFFIC COORDINATOR at Brann Worldwide
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design - Advertising Design
Global Relocation, Global Corporate Credit Card Program, Travel Expense Tool. Event Engagement Leader for Cincinnati Music Festival Site Wide Events; Friday Flow at Washington Park and the P&G Business Expo and Summit in Collaboration with Greater Cincinnati Urban League
- Senior Purchasing & Supplier Diversity Manager at The Procter and Gamble Company
- Senior purchasinG & Supplier Diversity manager at The Procter and Gamble Company
- Senior purchasing manager at The Procter and Gamble Company
- Purchasing Associate/Manager at The Procter and Gamble Company
30 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- Certification - Real Estate
CHICAGO, IL October 2005 - July 2017
Leo Burnett is a full-service Advertising agency that uses the power of data and creativity to help client's brands get chosen by consumers.
Diversity and Small Business Manager
Reporting to Director of Strategic Vendor Management and responsible for the management of the agency's Supplier Diversity/Small Business process for Leo Burnett and affiliates Arc Worldwide, LAPIZ, and Rokkan which yielded an average of 5 percent annual diversity spend.
Selected accomplishments include:
• Developed industry award-winning data analytics initiative and Supplier education project which increased the integrity of the Supplier Diversity process, tripled the number of reportable suppliers and increased reportable spend by 40% while engaging with Small Businesses and diverse suppliers, educating them on certification and its value. Assured compliance to client's diversity certification requirements.
• Maintained agency's DCMA audit protocol for Small Business Contracting. Last agency DCMA audit received a Highly Successful rating. Managed data collection and facilitated submission of Small Business Sub-contracting plan reports (previously SF294 & SF295 now ISRs & SSRs)
• Facilitated Supplier Diversity support in contracts administration, diverse supplier identification, and validation, client status presentations, 2nd Tier Reporting compliance, and Supplier Diversity training. Provided mentoring, best practices training, and reporting assistance on Supplier Diversity to several affiliated agencies.
• Delivered the agency's internal Supplier Diversity showcase/tradeshow and 2 external tradeshows per year. Presented 17, mostly new diverse suppliers to the agency in a day of networking and engagement resulting in 3 participants received call backs or RFPs from the agency. * Managed the Supplier Diversity database which included certification for over 230 M/WBE and Small Business suppliers.
- Diversity and Small Business Manager at LEO BURNETT
- Supplier Diversity Analyst at Grainger Industrial Supply
- Supplier Diversity Specialist at Grainger Industrial Supply
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Bachelors of Science - B.S. Industrial Technology
Managing a staff of five (5) Diversity Specialists, responsibilities include the oversight of D&I regional activities in an assigned region as well as the headquarters office. D&I Focal for Boeing Commercial Airplanes business, including the management of Business Resource Groups and Diversity Councils and consultation to business leadership. Also lead an enterprise-wide cross-functional team to address disability issues and serve on an enterprise-wide veteran affairs team. Lead a team that is responsible for the creation of an enterprise-wide diversity recruitment strategy, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure systemic processes are in place. Serve as key contact to Executive Leaders who have assumed Executive Champion roles for Business Resource Groups. Leading a small team to revamp the BRG governance model, including selection processes, budgeting, and training for BRG leaders and champions.
- Senior Manager, Global Talent, Diversity & Inclusion at THE BOEING COMPANY
- Senior Manager, Diversity & Inclusion at DISCOVER FINANCIALSERVICES
- Director - Diversity & Inclusion at ASSURANT, INC
- Manager/Director - Diversity at McDONALD'S CORPORATION
1 month at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- MS - Human Resources Development
Supervised managers and clerical staff in customer service and logistics in moving product from order receipt to delivery. Involved with designing and implementing best practice procedures nationally. Facility manager and organizational Diversity Manager for part of my career.
- Section Manager at Procter & Gamble
- Section Manager at
35 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Zoology
As an EEO and Diversity Manager for the Internal Revenue Service I am responsible for the Western half of the United States in the administration of laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity pursuant to Federal mandates (CFR 1614 and Management Directive110) including and not limited to those established by the Equal Emploment Opportunity Commission. I am a Certified Federal Mediator specializing in employment and discriminatory disputes.
- Western US Territory Civil Rights Manager at Internal Revenue Service
30 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
- High school
- Manager - Supplier Inclusion and Diversity at Allstate Insurance
- Partner at Fifteen Ventures
- Supplier Diversity and Start-up Innovation Manager at Conagra Brands
- Supplier Diversity Manager at Ameren Corporation
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Management
- BSBA - Management and Entrepreneurship
- Certificate - Certificate in Project Management
- Other - Specialized training and coursework in supplier relationship management, private equity, venture capital, negotiations, sourcing, supplier management, supply chain, finance, communications, audit, and other business and technical disciplines