Angelica was established in 1878 and is the leading provider of outsourced linen-management services to the healthcare industry.
Job Summary: The Dock Coordinator is responsible for preparing carts for shipment to customer locations. Dock Coordinator staff work as a team, with each member taking roles such as ensuring all orders are filled, weighing carts and entering data into the computer, and manually loading carts onto delivery trucks.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: This position will work within a team of people performing similar duties. Along with one or more team members, an Angelica Dock Coordinator may perform some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Pushing or pulling loading carts to and from the weighing station
- Checking packing orders
- Weighing carts and entering weight into a computer
- Operating forklifts, pallet movers, and other material handling equipment.
- Removing and swapping out carts at the dump station.
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- Able to continuously push/pull carts over 250 lbs
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Prior experience working for Angelica
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical Requirements: The position requires constant standing, walking and the ability to lift and handle material, and move objects with weight in excess of 50 pounds. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights over 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs.
Work Environment: This position exists primarily within the plant environment. The service center environment is typically warm with noise, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards. Safety toe shoes are required and other personal protective equipment may be required depending on work assignments.
Angelica, established in 1878, with revenue of $300 million is a leading provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace IL, we deliver a complete array of laundry services, linen and apparel rental, and onsite linen management services to meet the needs of healthcare providers and their patients. Delightful service, which combines our relentless focus on maximizing both customer service and efficiency with an unparalleled multiple-service-center system, is a key element of our strategic advantage. Angelica operates a total of 27 service centers throughout the United States.