domestic violence advocate
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Safe Homes of Orange County
- at Member services- Hudson river healthcare
- Member at Kelseycare Advantage
- Visitation supervisor at
1 month at this Job
- Bachelors in Criminal Justice - policing
As a domestic violence advocate I am a liaison between our clients and the many resources we have available. I provide outreach dv support, victim counseling, paperwork assistance. I also maintain file integrity, perform general office duties and maintain a professional, compassionate, knowledgeable demeanor for the continued comfort and support of our clients, both in shelter and outreach.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Lake Family Resource Center
- ASSISTANT at WAL-MART
- OFFICE MANAGER at Coach Craft
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR at STUDENT FINANCIAL AID SERVICES
8 months at this Job
- Some college
2016-current ◦ Co-location on College Campuses as the Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Advocate ◦ Supervised a team of volunteers in their 24 hour response to all Emergency Departments in Erie County for instances of sexual assault, domestic/family violence, and elder abuse ◦ Direct service provision with survivors including short-term supportive and options counseling, case management, accompaniment to seek medical services, criminal justice advocacy and accompaniment, etc. ◦ Coordinated sexual violence prevention efforts on campus such as guest lectures, new student orientation presentations, tablings, trainings for faculty, staff, and students, etc. ◦ Participated in campus Sexual Violence Prevention Committees
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Advocate at Suicide Prevention and Crisis Services, Advocate Department
3 years at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
Responsibilities Answer phones, file reports, copy pamphlets, general front desk tasks, and take and organize donations. Accomplishments Successfully completed classes to become a certified domestic violence advocate. Skills Used Good people skills along with empathy and an open mind.
- Certified Domestic Violence Advocate at Alliance Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
3 months at this Job
- AS - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
I was a Hotline Advocate from 10/02/17 until 11/04/18, when I accepted a promotion as a Domestic Violence Advocate from 11/04/18 until present. Job responsibilities include keeping a calm demeanor while answering the 24 hour crisis line and deciding who may benefit from our services and come into shelter and/or providing resources that better suit their needs in a timely manner. I have some training in the Order of Protection process. I work directly with the clients and twice a week instruct a domestic violence class for them. I have worked along side between 1 and 22 other staff members. Other job responsibilities include maintain a clean facility, outreach services, and office administration duties
- Domestic Violence Advocate at White River Woman's Shelter
- Kitchen Staff at T&C's The Cookie Basket
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school diploma
Assist victim's of crime through the judicial process. Execute safety plans and ensure victim's voices are heard . Accompany and assist during court proceedings. Serve as a liaison between detectives and prosecutors to assure the best possible outcome for victims. Justice System Domestic Violence Advocate Cuyahoga County Public Safety - 4/20/ 2003 to 6/ 20/ 2018
- Justice System Domestic Violence Advocate at Cuyahoga County Public Safety
- Domestic Violence Shelter Advocate at Templum House
15 years, 9 months at this Job
- - general
- In persuit of bachelors of arts degree - Sociology
Volunteer Coordinator- Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Supervisor over Freedom House Volunteers. Responsibilities include; Scheduling Quarterly In service training, creating and scheduling volunteer and community orientations, scheduling hospital on call monthly calendar for volunteers. Creating and attending community events regarding DV/SV awareness, campaigning, mentoring local college student groups in the Human Services classes. Domestic Violence Advocate Responsibilities include; Facilitating continued client contact; Crisis intervention to victims of domestic and sexual violence; Documentation of direct client services in case files; maintaining confidentiality requirements, answering hotline crisis calls, Direct support assisting clients throughout their daily shelter living. Employment: 5 years collectively at Freedom House
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE at Freedom House
- Sales Clerk/Cashier at LLC - LaSalle, IL
- CUSTOMER SERVICE-Payroll Support / Financial Services at Office Max
- BUSINESS OWNER/MANAGER-Scheduling at Video Plus
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Operate crisis lines for domestic violence, operated in house clients and advocate agencies to help in various situations. Weekend shift in house, monitored house clients in all functions for 19 yrs.
- Retired domestic Violence Advocate at Urban Ministries
- Tax Auditor 3 at State of Tennessee
18 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Business
• Assess and triage crisis situations, conduct safety planning, and individual and group counseling in both English and Spanish to survivors.
• Complete intake assessments to ensure that survivors meet entry criteria.
• Possession of the Spanish hotline on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
• Referred survivors to court and legal advocates for legal assistance. Assisted with civil legal matters such as divorce, custody, child support, housing and immigration.
• Referred to community resources such as medical care, financial assistance, mental health services, drug and alcohol services. Follow-up after providing referrals to verify standards are being met.
• Residential management to ensure survivors are following safehouse procedures and guidelines.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Case Manager at Lincoln Hall Boys
- Production Coordinator at Electronic Card Technologies Enterprises, LLC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Criminology
Performs various office administrative support duties. Create agenda for weekly group. Providing victims with support, information and assistance Recruit participants and work with program staff to facilitate weekly support group sessions. Maintain confidentiality of client information and office location.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Still Standing Against Domestic Violence
- Regional Site Representative at Office Services
- Administrative Assistant/Dispatch at Great Lakes Recycling
- Administrative Assistant at ReCommunity Detroit
1 year at this Job
- - Medical