10/08/2018- current (Felony Liaison Advocate): Serving as the liaison between the county prosecutor's office and the city prosecutor's office for the purpose of cases which were filed as misdemeanors but could be enhanced to a felony. Communicating with victims regarding the case and eligibility for felony enhancement. Providing linkage to resources and safety planning for victims. Reviewing cases in daily felony review meeting. Setting cases for grand jury sessions and ensuring that all of the needed paperwork is sent over. Following the case to see if it has been indicted and notifying the appropriate parties of the case case status and ensuring that our case is dismissed in municipal court if it was in fact indicted as a felony. 03/08/2018- 10/08/2018 (Arraignment Court Advocate- Records): Performing nationwide criminal record checks and interpreting them for arraignment court. Preparing the arraignment court docket for each day. Notifying victims of the defendants arrest and of their rights as a victim on the case. Preparing legal documents such as protection orders for court and ensuring that the appropriate paperwork is submitted. 03/27/2017- 03/08/2018 (Courtroom Advocate): Acting as a liaison between prosecutor's and victims of domestic violence. Providing linkage to resources. Interviewing victims and making sure their voices are heard. Assisting victims of crime with creating safety plans. Accompanying victims in court and providing support. Informing crime victims of upcoming court dates and their rights and roles with the criminal case. Closely communicating with other law enforcement agencies to gather evidence for domestic violence cases.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Columbus City Attorney's Office- Domestic Violence Unit
- Victim Assistant at Franklin County Municipal Court, Probation Department
- Case Manager at Amethyst Inc.
- Student Intern at House of Hope
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Social Work
- Associate of Applied Science - Social and Human Services
Part time Domestic Violence Advocate which includes intake with clients and going over services available to clients. Computer input, answering help line calls and accompanying clients to appointments as needed.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at SPARCC
- Owner/Operator at J's Green Services and Three Little Birds Hemp Co.
- Professional Driver at Uber & Lyft
- Front End Cashier at Whole Foods Market
3 months at this Job
- - Education
- Bachelors of General Studies in Elementary and Exceptional Child Education
- - General
• Case Management
• Leading domestic violence support groups
• Leading individual support sessions
• Coordination of services for Domestic Violence Shelter clients
• Assisting in filling out Protective Orders
• Advocating for clients in court proceedings
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Osage Nation Family Violence Prevention
- Substitute Teacher at Tulsa Public Schools
- Second Grade Teacher at Maranatha Baptist Academy
- Administrative Assistant at Osage Nation
10 months at this Job
- Master's - Counseling
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- High School Diploma - College Prep
• Worked directly in residential shelters that house survivors of domestic violence. Providing support, connecting them with resources & opportunities as they move towards their goals.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Raphael House - Domestic Violence Shelter
- Relief Coordinator at Janus Youth Programs, Inc.
- Communications Intern at Vital Voices Global Partnership
- Internship at Health Integrated Multi Services NGO
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate - Labor + Postpartum Doula
- Bachelor's - International Relations + Women / Gender Studies
- None - Community Development
Operate crisis lines for domestic violence, operated in house clients and advocate agencies to help in various situations. Weekend shift in house, monitored house clients in all functions for 19 yrs.
- Retired domestic Violence Advocate at Urban Ministries
- Tax Auditor 3 at State of Tennessee
18 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Business
Worked for a Non- Profit Emergency Shelter assisting Domestic Violence Victims whom are from fleeing from intimate partner violence. Was responsible for answering hotline calls, completing intakes and provide ongoing lethality assessments, safety planning, goal setting, and service planning with survivors on a case-by-case basis. Advocating for each survivor to retrieve resources, conducting referrals, and helping them to obtain basic needs while in shelter. Assisted in job searches and the search for housing opportunities. Worked hand in hand with the children of survivors as well overseeing recreational and learning activities. Was responsible for entering service notes in data entry database. Etc. Accomplishments: Helped Women and Children from all different backgrounds to get on the road to gaining their power back and independence to transition to the next phase of their life. Skills Used: Physical ability was used to contribute to the upkeep of shelter. Leadership skills were used to run shelter effectively, quick thinking and being proactive when issues would arise. Mediation and deescalation tactics were also used.
- Domestic Violence Advocate at The Beacon Center (Domestic Abuse Council)
- Patient Care Assistant (PCA) at Visting Angels Senior Home Care
- Resident Assistant at Princeton Village Assisted Living
- Preschool Teacher at Flagler Headstart
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Patient Care Assistant Certificate - nursing
- High School Graduate - Diploma
• Conducted service needs assessments of survivors/victims of domestic violence
• Provided rudimentary counseling to survivors/victims of domestic violence
• provided culturally relevant services to clients
• referred clients out to culturally relevant services
• Provide accurate resources for services in the community
• Facilitated a weekly, culturally relevant, curriculum based support and education group
• Other duties as assigned
- Domestic Violence Advocate at Our Sisters' House
- Volunteer at Rod's House
- Counseling Assistant-Temporary at DSHS
- Contract Employee at Corporate Job Bank
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
-Conduct safety planning with clients for current and future well being. - Arrange relocation for those that required immediate repositioning. -Serve as a mandatory reporter to the Children's Service Board. -Provide crisis management . -Facilitate women's support groups. -Facilitate groups at local High Schools, Middle Schools and Adult Learning centers, educating on Healthy relationships and Domestic Violence.
- Multilingual Domestic Violence Advocate at Family and Community Resources
- Pharmacy technician at Eaton Apothecary
- Customer Assistant at Salvation Army
- Receptionist at Royal Decameron
1 year at this Job
- Associates - Social Science
Domestic Violence Court Advocate - case worker - worked with community partners in Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman, and Fulton Counties - Transported Clients - Documentation w/all services - safety planning w/clients and informing them of the effects of D.V. - Assisting & accompanying clients in domestic violence court cases - Connecting clients with local resources - coverage of 8 different western Ky county courts when needed - conducting counseling & D.V. education sessions w/ clients - work alongside D.C.F.S. & D.C.B.S. in the River Counties - Traveled for training - alone carry case load from 8 up to around 30 clients, (or more) & assisted w/ a case load around 85 clients - complete intakes and exiting files - input date into "Osnium" computer system - Complete minor computer repairs - trained new staff - Conducted groups - conducted child care for clients - worked independently and as a team with other advocates - multitasking & problems solving sometimes in high stress situations
- Non-Residential Domestic Violence Advocate Specialist (River Counties) at Cornerstone of Hope (Merryman House Domestic Violence Outreach)
- CRISIS CLIENT CARE SPECIALIST at Cornerstone of Hope (Merryman House Domestic Violence Shelter)
- BREAKFAST AMBASSADOR at Fairfield Inn & Suites
- COFFEE SHOP CLERK WESTERN BAPTIST HOSPITAL at MORRISONS FOOD SERVICE
9 months at this Job
- Some College
Worked directly with Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Legal Counselors,
Case Managers and other Advocates for the good of protecting and empowering survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and there families.
• Attended several specialized trainings for advocating domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. Received certificates of completion.
• Applied active listening and emotional support to analyze the needs of survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault.
• Built trusting report relationships with survivors for stronger counseling effects.
• Counseling survivors on emergency hotline.
• Verified and conveyed data from personal conferences to analyze the immediate needs and documented the client intakes.
• Directed and monitored survivors in appropriate needs.
• Executed various administrative duties for survivors' files and ensured data input within advocate system correctly.
• Attended target community functions representing our own organization for optimal exposure to the cause worked for. SUPERVISING LEAD/CLERK 06/2000 - 06/2011 Walmart | Clinton, Iowa
• Trained associates as needed building strong report and enhanced integrity.
• Supported various department managers as lead to delegate and complete department tasks with other department associates.
• Executed design mods for various product in timely manner.
• Demonstrated showcase marketing strategies for enhanced sales volume to reach regional and above goals
• Utilized handheld computer register and needed machinery for all data entry and varied tasks in departments daily.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE FLOAT (temp) at YWCA
- SUPERVISOR CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES at The Colony/Swiss Colony
10 months at this Job
- MA - Human Services
- AAS - Business Administration & BAS Healthcare Administration