F/T Dosimetrist for 5 clinical sites, creating an average of 28 plans monthly. 4 clinical sites are remote planning locations 3D, IMRT, VMAT, SBRT Pinnacle 9.10 TPS with Mosaic R&V
- Dosimetrist at Tacoma Valley Radiation Oncology Centers
- Radiation Therapist at Hyde Park Cancer Center
- Radiation Therapist at Advanced Prostate Cancer Institute
- General Manager at Cobb Theaters Lakeside
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Medical Dosimetry
- A.S. - Radiation Therapy
Responsibilities Lead pinnacle trainer. Speaker Educator Remote treatment planner. Accomplishments Had a global impact on the quality of radiation treatment plans and increased the efficiency of the dosimetrist. Published in several journals. Skills Used Communication. Teaching. Helping people understand the process. Improved plan evaluation understanding.
- Medical dosimetrist at Radiation oncology resources
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Medical dosimetry
231-832-8724 2-D, 3-D Conformal, Irreg, IMRT, VMAT ( Prostate, Head &Neck, Breast, Pelvis, Pancreas, Lung, etc ) forward and reverse, SBRT Radiotherapy Treatment Planning, Title: Senior Certified Medical Dosimetrist Date: May 2013 to Present
- Senior Certified Medical Dosimetrist at Susan P. Wheatlake Regional Cancer Center
- Senior Certified Medical Dosimetrist at Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, and Spectrum Health Reed City
- Senior Certified Medical Dosimetrist at Baton Rouge General medical Center
- Staff Medical Dosimetrist at Twenty First Century Oncology
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science - Radiologic Technology
Medical Dosimetrist 1. Design a treatment plan by means of computer (Varian Eclipse) and/or manual computation that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field placement technique in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription to a defined tumor volume. 2. Consider dose-limiting structures in the design of treatment plans and document dose in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription. 3. Coordinate treatment simulations and tumor localization on dedicated devices, including CT, MRI, and PET when indicated, for radiation oncology treatment planning. 4. Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices. 5. Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning of the production of moulds, casts, and other immobilization devices. 6. Supervise the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables. 7. Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the Radiation Oncologist's prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations using a system established by the Medical Physicist. 8. Provide physics and technical support to the Medical Physicist, in radiation protection, qualitative machine calibrations, and quality assurance of the radiation oncology equipments. 9. Supervise, perform, or assist in the application of specific methods of dosimetry including ion chamber, TLD, or film measurement as directed by the Medical Physicist.
- Medical Dosimetrist at Advocate Health Care
- Senior Radiation Therapist at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- CT Tech / Rad Tech at St.Alexius Medical Center
- Radiation Therapist at American Cancer Center
4 years, 2 months at this Job
Extremely knowledgeable in a wide variety of planning techniques including IMRT (static beam and VMAT delivery), SBRT, and some SRS planning experience. Highly skilled in diagnostic image fusion and familiar with many software systems such as MIM Maesto, Pinnacle, RayStation and VariSeed. Board certified dosimetrist since 2016 and board certified radiation therapist since 2007.
- Senior Medical Dosimetrist at Chesapeake Potomac Regional Cancer Center
- radiation therapist at Chesapeake Potomac Regional Cancer Center
- PRN radiation therapist at Holy Cross Radiation Therapy Center
- staff therapist and clinical dosimetrist at Flagler Cancer Center
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy - Gwynedd
- Certification - Clinical
Assigned office Venice, FL
Additional offices include Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Lehigh, and Cape Coral, FL offices
1/2007-present CERTIFIED MEDICAL DOSIMETRIST/RADIATION THERAPIST
• Create clinical treatment plans for numerous doctors on site and remotely
• Create clinical treatment plans for patient delivery using Eclipse TPS and Oncentra HDR TPS
• Create clinical treatment plans utilizing 2d/3d, IMRT, Tomotherapy, and Rapid Arc technology
• Import/Export treatment plans into RadCalc hand calculation system
• Utilize ARIA and OWAN record and verify systems
• Routinely plan, run, and analyze QA procedures
• Utilize Nucletron's HDR equipment for HDR brachytherapy treatments
• Perform CT, PET and MRI fusions using Eclipse, PACS, and Focal systems
• Experience in high volume center, treating 70+ patients/day, 40+ imrt plans/month, and 15+ HDR patients/month
• Plan and Perform HDR procedures including, Prostate, Tandem and Ring, and Mammosites
- CERTIFIED MEDICAL DOSIMETRIST/RADIATION THERAPIST at CENTURY ONCOLOGY
- Radiologic Technologist at FOREST GENERAL HOSPITAL
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- CERTIFICATE - MEDICAL DOSIMETRY
- CERTIFICATE - RADIATION THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST
- MS - RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST TRAINING
- PRN Dosimetrist at Slidell Memorial Cancer Center
- Dosimetrist at Mississippi Cancer Institute
- Instructor of Clinical Radiology/ Junior Physicist at Charity of New Orleans /Tulane School of Medicine
- Manager/ Dosimetrist at Memorial Medical Center Uptown and Midcity Campus
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Health Arts
• Responsible for designing a treatment plan and carrying out the calculation with mathematical accuracy for isodose radiation treatment plans.
• Work to construct IMRT, Rapid Arc, 3D, FIF, and SBRT treatment plans that will meet the prescription written by the oncologist, ensuring that the patient will not lose important healthy organ function.
• TPS Eclipse 13.7 and RV system Aria.
- Medical Dosimetrist at Christus Health Highland
- Medical Dosimetrist at Advanced Radiation Physics
- Clinical Program Manager at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist at California Cancer Associates
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Medical Dosimetry
- Master of Science - Public Health
I have 39 years experience in the field of radiation therapy, of which 10 years were as a Radiation Therapist and the remainder of my career as a Medical Dosimetrist for the past 29 years. I have extensive experience in clinical dosimetry both at the technical as well as managerial level. I am looking to continue my career as a Medical Dosimetrist on a part-time basis working either on-site or work remotely on treatment planning systems.
- LOCUM DOSIMETRIST at EDEN MEDICAL CENTER
- CHIEF DOSIMETRIST at UC DAVIS MEDICAL CENTER
- SR. DOSIMETRIST at RADIOLOGICAL ASSOCIATES
- STAFF MEDICAL DOSIMETRIST at
9 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - RADIATION THERAPY TECHNOLOGY
- - BIOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - CHEMISTRY
Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam
geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
● Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets. Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
● Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
● Provide assistance and technical support to the Medical Physicist, in radiation safety and protection, qualitative machine calibrations, quality assurance of treatment plans and radiation oncology equipment.
- Dosimetrist PRN at Petrone Associates - New York Radiation Oncology
- Dosimetry Intern at Petrone Associates - New York Radiation Oncology
- Designated School Official - DSO at Kaplan Test Prep
- at Scribe America
4 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Medical Physics & Dosimetry
- Bachelors of Science - Biomedical/Life Sciences & Physical Sciences