Drilling Engineer for Furie Operating Alaska: Plan drilling programs and order equipment for remote operations. Design casing, mud, bit programs, and directional plans for the drilling of wells in Cook Inlet. Forecast cost estimates on proposed wells. Coordinate preliminary well plans and cost with geologists. Create and file regulatory permits and sundry's with AOGCC and monitor permits until approved. Interview, hire, and supervise personnel for the daily operations of jackups, CTU and workovers.
- Drilling Engineer at Furie Operating Alaska, LLC
- Gulf Coast Drilling Manager/Drilling Superintendent/Drilling Engineer at PetroQuest Energy, LLC
- Project Engineer at Chalmers, Collins and Alwell, Inc
- CONSULTANT at President D. E. McCraine Consulting, Inc
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- B. S. in Petroleum Engineering - Petroleum Engineering
Drilling Engineer II · June 2017-July 2017: Suriname World Wide Drilling o Concluded Suriname drilling operations with a detailed End of Well report which documented operational lessons, issues, and analysis of well specifications. Drilling Engineer I · October 2016 to June 2017: Suriname World Wide Drilling Region: Rig Engineer on drillship for international deepwater exploration well assisting in daily drilling activities for the installation of well. At sea for a total of 32 days on drillship. o Worked with Suriname drilling team on preplanning well operations and well design including writing detailed POA’s (Plan of Action). o Offshore training: Subsea 101, Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET), Noble Supervisory Well Control · June 2015 – October 2016: Houston Super Region- worked in the field on drilling rigs, assisted in daily drilling operations, and operation tracking. Analyzed the specifications and fabrication of multiple wellheads to determine the most cost effective and beneficial one for the department. · June 2014 - June 2015: Attended numerous drilling engineering courses as well as extended time spent in the field working on drilling optimization projects. Analyzed pipe, casing, cement, and mud specifications and data for well designs.
- Drilling Engineer at Apache Corporation
- Engineering Intern at Honeywell Defense and Aerospace
- Science Leader at TTU Super Saturdays
- Student Research Assistant at TTU Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Drilling Engineer for two rig lines in multiple asset areas, targeting Leonard, Bone Spring, and Wolfcamp formations, led
teams through design and execution of 31 horizontal wells accounting for $76.3MM in total expenditure with a total
variance between cost estimates and actuals of 7.1%
• Lead engineer in project to fully automate drilling rig process that reduced EHS exposure and improved consistency in operations
• Adjusted Devon's standard casing and drilling mud design on three well 3rd Bone project that saved $1.1MM in casing and drilling fluid cost
• Lead asset drilling engineer responsible for optimized drilling pad size and placement saving $1.8MM in rig move and location cost
- Drilling engineer at Permian Basin
- Drilling & Asset Engineer III at Devon Energy
- Drilling Engineer at Anadarko Basin
- Drilling Engineer I/Rig Manager at Chesapeake Energy
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
One year as field-focused drilling engineer, followed by office assignment. Collaborated with Senior Engineer, Land, Development, Geology, and Production teams to develop well designs and drilling procedures. Assessed offset data, provided T&D modeling, set drilling roadmap standards, evaluated pre-drill expectations and post-drill performance. Reviewed vendors' bidding, KPI expectations, and performance.
• Worked with Eagle Ford Drilling team to meet budget per well capital, drilling wells on schedule or earlier by closely monitoring fluctuations in costs, introducing various projects for efficiency, and overall reducing spud-to-rig release times.
• Initiated use of drilling roadmaps to outline expectations, enabling quantified performance review and forward predictions, ultimately providing framework for newly implemented FlexDrill software.
• Reviewed alternative drilling methods, fluid properties, and reservoir characteristics, leading to reservoir-specific BHA design, reducing risk of failure or possibility of stuck pipe, increasing foot / day and decreasing downtime.
• Investigated casing and wellhead design specifically pertaining to areas of sour service. Combined findings with required NACE Standards and suggested new designs specific to region, potentially saving on capital spend while still meeting industry standards and risk tolerances.
- Drilling Engineer at ENCANA OIL & GAS (USA) INC
- Field Operations Engineer at
- Production Engineer at ENCANA OIL & GAS (USA) INC
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Petroleum Engineering
Working as a Turbine Runner Consultant with DT&R (Drilling Tools & Remedial) Schlumberger.
Performed many Turbine jobs for Bapetco, Petrobel & Agiba Companies.
Many of these jobs where for directional purpose and others where for performance.
➢ Hired with Apache Corp Egypt as a Drilling Engineer Consultant & Assistant Company Man during their Drilling Project for 2016/2017. The Project included drilling 6 wells in Western Desert & Gulf of Suez. Worked on a Rotation basis on the rigs a Drilling Engineer & Assistant Company Man.
- Drilling Engineer Consultant at Apache Corp. Egypt & Schlumberger
- DIRECTIONAL DRILLING ENGINEER at Schlumberger
- Drilling Engineer at Apache Corp Egypt
- Production Engineer at Wastani Gas Company
3 years at this Job
- B.sc - project
- High school - Math & Science
Generated field-based projects (statistical analysis of surface pump failures, rig modifications, etc.) Generated office-based projects (drilling parameter optimization, time/cost reduction, competitor analysis, etc.) Assisted senior engineers with day-to-day operations and managed the rig when they were absent
- Drilling Engineer at EnCana Oil & Gas
- Production Engineer at EnCana Oil & Gas
- Facilities Engineer at EnCana Oil & Gas
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Petroleum Engineering
• Maintain daily communication with all Rig Managers on all relevant activities regarding the rig operations and needs.
• Monitor operations codes and cost and update the daily surveillance.
• Review, verify and process clients and contractors invoices.
• Prepare, review and update NUS standard drilling activities and procedures for all operations.
• Review services & materials requisitions, confirm the specifications, respond to vendor clarifications and follow on the processing till the delivery of the service and/or material to the concerned rigs.
• Prepare annual work program, material plan, and budget estimates.
• Represent the company in the clients' meetings.
• Ensure sufficient supplies and spares are on-hand to reduce the risk of non-productive time.
• Track and prioritize the deployment of company assets to support field operations in the most cost efficient manner.
• Develop plans to enhance rigs equipment specifications so as to profitably deliver improved services to client.
• Participate in tenders and contracts preparation, review the ITB, prepare bids, and respond to the related clarifications.
• Identify hazards relevant to rig activities and equipment and implement sufficient controls to prevent incidents.
• Keep updated records of rig reports including daily reports, equipment specifications and failure reports.
• Liaise with other departments to coordinate their activities in supporting the operations, and in particular for the supply of materials, services and qualified crew members.
• Conduct short visits to rig sites on regular basis to observe the ongoing operations.
• Any other tasks assigned by direct supervisor and deemed necessary to fulfill the drilling section objectives.
- Drilling Engineer at National Upstream Solutions Co. Ltd
- Intern at SUDAPET Co.
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Petroleum Engineering
- High School Diploma
• Manage drilling operations and personnel while maintaining active HSE in daily operations
• Top tier drilling performance in Mid-Con STACK region. Drilling Miss Lime wells in as few as 8 days.
• Efficiently deliver 2+ wells per rig each month in a fast paced, constantly changing scheduling environment
• Maintain constant communication with drilling superintendent to avoid non-productive time
• Assign duties and procedures to superintendents and well-site supervisors.
• Collaborate with directional coordinator and directional driller on optimal BHA designs
• Design directional plans and perform anti-collision planning using COMPASS™ Landmark software
• Developed authorization for expenditures for exploratory wells in newly acquired acreage using offset data
• Designed pre-spud spreadsheet, used by entire drilling department, to assist in offset analysis
- Drilling Engineer at Alta Mesa Resources
- Floor Hand at Latshaw Drilling
- Petroleum Engineering Field Intern at Memorial Resources Development
- Research Assistant/Technician at Turf Grass Field Lab
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering - Petroleum Engineering
part of the Drilling team in different projects, Onshore and Offshore with all assets targeting gas formations and a diverse type of wells, with vertical and deviated wells onshore and highly deviated and long horizontal sections offshore wells. Overview of the field/wells: Well prognosis- PP in the order of 12.5 - 14.5ppg and three to four sections of casing ending up with a cemented production liner, horizontal wells with lateral lengths from 500 to 1600ft. Low permeability and porosity reservoirs and depth targets of around 7000 to 8000ft. Main Duties: ✓ Feasibility studies for new wells (4 unconventional tight gas wells-Land) and (6 offshore gas wells). ✓ Design of trajectories for unconventional developments (wellbore trajectories ranging from 2D to 3D trajectories), anti-collision analysis, casing & tubing selection, mud and bit programs, according to Shell standards. ✓ Creation of roadmaps and sensitivity analysis to simulate hook load, hydraulics and hole cleaning for various drilling operations and hole sections using Decision space well planning (DSWP) and the Shell Wells Workbench software tool. ✓ Design and optimization of BHA for deviated and horizontal wells (localized effect of slides, critical angle for WOB, vibration and torque and drag analysis in deviated sections, casing wear modelling, bending stress analysis to evaluate the effect of contact forces, cementing program and casing centralization modelling and contingency plans. ✓ Hands on the implementation of Shell recommended best practices for Unconventional wells with the goal of reducing directional drilling related non-productive time (NPT) and increase the rate of penetration (ROP). ✓ Prepared workover program and amendments, detailed well cost/time estimate. ✓ Preparation of Roadmaps, monitoring the daily progress of well operations and KPI's as well as daily costs and AAR's and end of well reports (EoWR). ✓ Supported rig selection process for an Offshore Well intervention campaign (Jack up rig vs Lift boat), technical and commercial evaluation of proposals, technical inspections of preferred vessels, risk analysis, rig positioning studies, AFE preparation & time estimates, contract management and rig equipment certification.
- Drilling engineer at SHELL
- Drilling engineer at SHELL
- Drilling engineer at Shell US
- Drilling Engineer at Tecpetrol Operating LLC
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- MSc. of Petroleum Engineering - Offshore oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Engineering
§ Responsible for drilling operations § Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to safety § Maintenance of Rig machinery and duties § Responsible for BOMs to include all piping, BHA, and other drilling operations § Reaching milestones and executing projects within budgets
- Drilling Engineer at Patterson UTI –
- Pressure Control Field Engineer at Oil States
- Wireline Field Engineer at Allied Horizontal
- Sr. Welding/Maintenance Engineer at Harley Davidson
7 months at this Job
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering-Design - Mechanical Engineering-Design
- Associates in Engineering Science - Engineering Science