Manage a caseload of 45 patients in an integrated methadone drug program of detection, admission, monitoring and counseling. - Provided education and information on MAT and methadone. - Provided individual drug and mental health counseling; including the use of mindfulness, CBT, relapse prevention, anger management, suicide screens and risk management strategies. - Completed phone screenings and pre-admission interviews for drug abusers seeking admission to the program as well as termination hearings and discharge plans. - Conceptualized individual treatment plans with patient’s and assisted them in establishing short and long term goals. - Connected patients with casework services, job training and placement, and advised them of social and community services; referring them to other agencies. - Communicated and coordinated care with DSS, CPS, and probation. - Maintained records, progress notes and files on patients. - Supervised urine collections of patients. - Participated in weekly staff meetings and weekly individual and group supervision. - Received training in and utilized the LOCADTR assessment tool as well as the ANASAZI system. - Connected patients in need of higher level of care to inpatients, detoxes, and long term residential facilities.
- Drug Counselor at Suffolk County Department of Health/Division of Mental Hygiene (East End Clinic)
- Drug Counselor (provisional) at Suffolk County Department of Health Services/Division of Mental Hygiene (Hauppauge Methadone Clinic)
- Nanny at Siderow Family
- Mental Health Counseling Extern at Timothy Hill Children's Ranch
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- CASAC-T (pending NYS approval) - Substance Abuse Counseling
- Master of Arts - Forensic Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Forensic Psychology
Ensure clients were maintained within a safe and secure environment by doing daily house rounds. Ensure that clients were prepared for their daily group counseling sessions. Hold weekly house meetings with clients to discuss issues and progress. Call and verified clients whereabouts when they were out on a daily pass. Manage the household's schedules and calendars. Plans, organizes and coordinates events. Oversees daily operations of the Recovery Residence. Conduct inspections and make arrangements for random drug testing. Arrange appointments for personal and professional needs. Work directly with women in early recovery, providing structure and support to women seeking to establish stable long-term recovery from a substance use disorder.
- Drug Counselor at Misha House
- Youth Counselor at Baltimore City Recreation & Parks
- Warehouse Worker at Giant Food
1 year at this Job
Provide alcohol and drug counseling /education to clients referred by the Department of Probation. I am capable of providing counseling services in English and Spanish and with experience working with minority ethnic groups.
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor III at Alcohol and Drug Services County of Napa
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor at Cultural Consultants / Oregon State Correctional Institution (OSCI)
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Duties including but not limited to:
• Worked with inpatient; DCFS, probation and parole; Screening, Intake, Orientation, and Assessment; Bio-psycho-social; Treatment planning, one-on-one counseling, crisis intervention, conflict resolution; Facilitated Co-Ed adult process and educational groups; Drug Education & Awareness, Self-Esteem & Feelings, Relapse Prevention; Case management, consultation, referrals; Urine Analysis,notes, report and record keeping.
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor at Little House Inc
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor at Now and Forever Foundation
3 months at this Job
- - Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies
- - Psychology
- High School Diploma
Responsible for creating PowerPoint presentation for drug, alcohol dependency, and anger management classes; duties included but were not limited to researching, writing, and facilitating classes for 1st time offenders and prevention cases
• Processed intakes for potential clients over the phone or face to face; prioritized client's needs based on current situation, issued assessments, completed chemical dependency evaluations (standard ASI)
• Completed extensive documentation and detailed case notes upon completion of individual, group, or facilitated class
• Actively and accurately managed case load by updating/maintaining individualized treatment plans, performing follow up, and completing discharge summaries
- Provisional Alcohol & Drug Counselor at Bailey Counseling Services
- Counselor at A1 Health Services
- Practicum Student at Bellevue University
- Private Home Caregiver at Pamela Brown
10 months at this Job
- MS - Clinical Counseling
- BS - Behavioral Science
Health Care Assistant On-Call Registry Lake County I. H. S. S. 16170 D. Main St., Lower Lake, CA Job Duties: Health Care Provider. Assist with various issues. Case by case basis. 24 hr. monitoring and logging. Assist. w/ hygiene, bathing, sanitizing, cleansing, Applying care where it is needed. Providing transportation. Assisting w/ appts, scheduling organizing, filing, completing projects. Alcohol and Drug Counselor Hilltop Recovery Services PO Box 366, Clearlake Oaks, CA Screening, Intake, Assessment, crisis, referrals, treatment planning, documentation, record keeping, office duties, setting appointments, and supervising 30+ clients at facility.
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor at Hilltop Recovery Services
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate's of Science Degree - Human Services Para-Professional
- Alcohol and Drug Studies Associate of Science - Alcohol and Drug Studies
- Associate of Science Degree Transfer - Social Work
- Vocational School Certificate - Peer Support
- Associates - General Education
Contracted with Pike Juvenile Drug Court to provide drug testing, counseling for individuals, groups and family; teach drug education classes using evidence based materials, attending staffing and drug court; and perform intake assessments including SASSI evaluations on those juveniles being consider for the Drug Court program.
- Juvenile Drug Counselor at Because We Care Ministry
- Self-employed Counselor at Because We Care Ministry
- Senior Pastor at Bala Chitto Baptist Church
- School Therapist at Because We Care Ministry
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Christian Counseling Psychology - Christian Counseling Psychology
- Masters of Behavioral Studies - Behavioral Studies
- Doctorate in Ministry - Ministry
- Masters in Divinity - Divinity
- Bachelor of Arts in General Business Administration - EDUCATION TRAINING
Counselled and advised individuals with alcohol, tobacco, drug, or other problems, such as gambling and eating disorders. Also, counsel individuals, families, or groups or engage in prevention programs.
• Completed and kept accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
• Counselled clients / patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life or making changes.
• Interviewed clients, review records, and conferred with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to decide their suitability for participation in a specific program.
• Developed client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
• Reviewed and evaluated clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Alcohol & Drug Counselor at SDSU Research Foundation DUI Program
- Alcohol & Drug Counselor at Riverside Recovery Resources
- Personal Service Coordinator II. Case Manager at Telecare Corporation
6 months at this Job
Worked individually and as a group with men 21 years and older who had been effected by the abuse of drugs and alcohol.
- Drug Counselor at John 3:16
- Drug Counselor at
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Forestry
- High school
I completed a two semester internship as an assistant to Beth Northup, the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Corrections Counselor at Mid-Orange Correctional Facility in Warwick New York. Throughout this internship I learned how to conduct initial interviews, quarterly reviews, individual as well as group counseling sessions, to act in a leadership role in a support group, as well as countless other practical counseling strategies and techniques.
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor Intern at Mid-Orange Correctional Facility
- High School Counselor at Dutchess BOCES Alternative High School
1 year at this Job
- Master of the Arts - Psychology with a Concentration in Counseling
- Bachelor of the Arts - Psychology Minor: Criminal Justice