Working under an Alaskan Forest ecologist and professor at the University of Alaska Southeast I did mostly data entry in office software (sheets)
- Forest Ecologist Student Assistant at UAS, Juneau
- Social Media Student Assistant at UAS, Juneau
- Writer/Editor at Cre8SHARE Magazine
2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - OTHER INFO
▪ Evaluating wildlife and monitoring Endangered, Threatened, and Rare (ETR) species and their natural resources. ▪ Conducting Wetland Delineations, Environmental Assessments, and Ecological Evaluations. ▪ Preparation of NEPA documents (including Waters of the U.S. Reports, Ecological Evaluations, Environmental Assessments, and various environmental permits) while coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Ecologist at ASC Group, Inc
- Environmental Scientist at Kelly Services
- Ecological Research Associate at Indiana University Bloomington
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Management
Conducted over 600 inspections of cooling tower systems in accordance with New York City Chapter 8 regulations by reviewing required documents provided by building operators in a timely manner, examining onsite water treatment systems, and recording all findings in an online program. Delivered excellent customer service by informing building operators on how to comply with new regulations, providing recommendations for corrective actions, clarifying the risk of Legionella disease to tenants during building investigations, and diffusing situations during confrontations with angry building operators.
• Increased knowledge of water monitoring protocols by performing routine water quality testing twice daily using a Hachmeter to test cooling tower water for pH, free chlorine, total chlorine, and turbidity. Also sampled potable water from faucets and shower heads during building evaluations which entailed taking temperature, time to temperature, pH and free chlorine readings. Routinely collected water samples and sent them using proper chain of custody protocols, to CDC-ELITE laboratories to be cultured for Legionella bacteria.
• Continuously educated various groups such as the public during building evaluations by explaining the risk of Legionnaire's Disease, onsite building operators during daily inspections on the new regulations requirements, other city agencies to inform them of their non-compliance statuses, as well as fellow inspectors during their initial field training.
• Became a valuable asset to the Building Water Supply Oversight team and was asked to assist the Assistant Director of the program in creating Summary of Events reports following Legionnaire's Disease outbreaks, which were later used as a basis for FOIA request answers. Was recently also asked to assist the Acting Assistant Commissioner of the Bureau of Environmental Sciences and Engineering in reviewing a short term remediation report from a building with levels of Legionella bacteria in their potable water system.
• Exceeded expectations of routine Water Ecologist Trainee tasks by providing assistance to other areas of BWSO work as needed, which resulted in a rapid promotion to Water Ecologist I. Supported the Compliance Team with responding to violation communication logs using an online tool, utilized Microsoft Access to send building owners emails in response to positive Legionella test results in their system, and delivered summons. Contributed to the Data Team efforts by data cleaning of resolved field inspection issues in an Access database, using Microsoft Excel to create datasets with building affiliations (used by supervisors to manage weekly field logistics) and created reports to help fellow NYC agencies comply with the regulations.
• Continuously showed desire for improvement by participating in computer trainings such as Excel Advanced and Access Essentials, as well as HVAC training which resulted in the obtention of a Universal EPA Section 608 Technician Certification.
- Water Ecologist at New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Marine Science Intern at Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association
- Fish Data Intern at Marine Science Institute
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Science and Biology
a. Wetland mitigation monitoring: i. Identify tree and plant species and measure percent cover in jurisdictional wetland. ii. Compare overall composition of wetland to evaluate if wetland meets predetermined success criteria. iii. Write reports to Army Core of Engineers and Florida Department of Environmental Protection regarding status of wetland. b. Listed species surveys: i. Identify specific land uses suitable for endangered species and survey areas to relocate species prior to land clearing/mining. ii. Write reports on status of threatened and endangered species and submit to Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Ecologist at Kleinfelder Inc
- Assistant Curator & Field Botanist at University of South Florida Herbarium
- Field Botanist at University of South Florida Herbarium
- Math/Science Tutor at Polk State College
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Environmental Biology
- A.A. - Biology
- Ecologist at US EPA
- Visiting Scientist at Department of Ecology
- Guest Lecturer at Rutgers University
- Research Project Supervisor at Rutgers University
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - research
- Ph.D. in Ecology & Evolution - Ecology & Evolution
- B.S. in Natural Resource Management - Other Particulars
Performed field work protocols including instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting, small
mammal trapping, soil collection beetle trapping, plant identification, tick sampling, mosquito trapping,
electrofishing surveys, and water chemistry.
• Performed laboratory work including plant identification and pressing, beetle identification, sorting and pinning, mosquito identification, and data entry.
• Lead for other field ecologists on some of the protocols listed above.
- Field Ecologist at National Ecological Observatory Network
- GIS Technician at ATMOS
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BS in Ecology - Ecology
• Collect stream and wetland baseline data on prospective sites and collect monitoring data on post-restoration mitigation sites/banks that include wetland/riparian vegetation assessments, water quality tests, fish and benthic macroinvertebrate surveys, and bank erosion index measurements
• Delineate existing wetlands and constructed wetlands, and classify streams by flow and restoration types
• Install and monitor stream and wetland gauges to prove hydrology
• Conduct surveys including invasive species surveys and bat habitat/population surveys
• Utilize GPS/GIS systems to map project attributes
• Coordinate with Project Managers and Construction Managers for site specific needs and communicate findings
• Assist with report writing and completion
- Ecologist I at Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Ecological Operations Coordinator at Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Ecological Restoration Crew Member/Leader at Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Wildlife Technician, Shop Assistant at Bat Conservation and Management, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Science
- - QDMA Deer Steward Course
Restore and monitor local wetland habitats, maintain greenhouse plants and supplies, identify and collect plants and seeds, test water quality and research hydroponics modules.
- Restoration ecologist at Jane Echenique, Coastal Conservation & Research
- at Habitat restoration, Coastal Conservation & Research
- at Dive Master, Aqua Safaris Scuba Center
- Sales associate at Dive Master, Aqua Safaris Scuba Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Ocean Sciences
- B.S. - Integrative Biology
Assisted in the design and implementation of studies relating to water quality impacts on freshwater species. Comprehensive knowledge of freshwater sampling (biological and water) including identification of benthic invertebrates. Extensive knowledge and experience with data including collection, QA/QC, analysis, and interpretation
- AQUATIC ECOLOGIST at GEI CONSTULTANTS INC
- GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
- RESIDENT SCIENTIST at UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
- RESEARCHER at UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.S. - ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- B.S. - ENVIRONMENTAL SCIECNE
• Achieves monthly production goals
• Conducts ecological surveys within the Trans-Pecos Region
• Conducts occasional ecological surveys throughout Texas
• Generates landowner reports
• Performs appraisal work
• Provides management recommendations
• Supervisor role
• Works directly with landowners
• Works with local community, State and National Parks, and non-profit organizations
- Woodland Ecologist at Texas A&M Forest Service
- Biologist II at Tetra Tech, Inc
- Media Chair at Sul Ross State University - Borderlands Research Institute
- Soil Conservationist Intern at USDA-NRCS
8 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Natural Resource Management
- - Conservation Biology