EDI Documents: 850, 810, 856 and 997
Communication: AS2, FTP, SFTP , VAN
Format: X12, XML, Flat file. Project ASCENA EDI Delivery Support
• Representing IT as the EDI key point of contact for the business.
• Manage daily EDI activities such as transmission verification, compliance assurance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, exception handling and re-processing of necessary to ensure successful operations.
• Works closely with internal and external clients to define, plan and deliver EDI solutions.
• Make sure all EDI transactions are integrated into different applications via middleware to PKMS, RMS, Oracle EBS and Bamboo Rose.
• Define EDI specifications for various documents such as 850, 810, 856 as per business requirement.
• Defines and documents requirements and technical solutions
• Ensures effective change management and quality delivery of all B2B changes, including proper communication, testing and deployment.
• Consult with our Managed Services clients to gather business requirements to deliver B2B solution
• Built and changed maps according to the business requirement.
• Established AS2, FTP, SFTP and VAN communication. Work with network team in opening Firewall.
• Translate X12, XML, Flat file to SQL DB.
• Onsite-Offshore project team coordination.
• Review the list of open enhancement requests.
• Present/Submit the change request for the change of priorities and accordingly change the project schedule and scope
• Estimate the effort for the various project activities as per the time and scope management plan
• Prepare Project Plan and onboard resources to start working per the plan.
• Prepare component estimation and send it to Director for final review and submission to Management.
• Track delivery progress and report to overall status and risks or issues to Ascena Director.
• Prepare weekly status report and send to Business Relationship Manager. Hardware Window XP Operating System Window XP Special Software Bizmanager BizLink Project Location Etna, OH
- EDI Consultant at ASCENA Retail Group , Inc
- Project Management at Tata Consultancy Services
- EDI Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services
- Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing and HR
- - Computer Programming
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
• Created trading partner profiles and data maps and setup communication protocols
• Performed functional and integration testing with trading partners
• Worked closely with business and IT teams to design the EDI specifications.
• Provided primary system administration and day-to-day operation support for application analyzes business and user needs, documents requirement
• Experience developing and implementing EDI ANSI X12, XML, Sterling Integrator, Sterling's Gentran Server, Gentran Integration Suite GIS XML/XSLT applications
• Developed data translation map and business processes to integrate the data
• Worked with EDI ANSI X12 documents including 850, 860, 855, 846, 856, 810, 812, 820, 824, 864, 852, 894, 870, 832, 753, 754 and 997
• Developed and modified maps for new and existing customer using an EDI translation application of IBM Sterling map editor
• Delivered new solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements
• Worked on IBM Sterling File Gateway
• Used protocols such as FTP, OFTP, OFTP2, SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, AS2 and VAN in file transfers using IBM Sterling File Gateway
• Created the BPMLs
• Used BPML to create Business Process for different transactions and functionalities
• Ran BPs using BPMLs for process data specific to requirements
• Creating maps and trading partners in laying standard specifications for various transactions for both Inbound Outbound Mapping using EDI ANSI X12 standards
• Developed and modified EDI maps using Gentran Integration Suite and Sterling Integrator Map editor
• Created BP for both inbound and outbound transactions to SAP Order to Cash (OTC) and other around 250 internal applications as per business needs using Graphical Process Modeler GPM and BPML in Gentran Integration Suite/Sterling Integrator
• Configured adapters, services, service configurations and protocol setups as per business needs
• Set up Trading Partner Identities, Document exchange, Packaging and Envelopes for both inbound and outbound partners
• Set up various communications using Protocols HTTP and AS2 for the trading partners
• Participated in troubleshooting of production issues with testers and automation engineers to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
• Provided technical support of the EDI application, mappings, and interfaces, and testing
• Translated data from ANSI Positional to IDOC for the SAP inbound process using the translator
• Setup new EDI trading partnerships and created Trading Partner profiles and Management of Communities in GIS 4.3/SI 5.2
• Created Shell scripts and database scripts to automate document tracking functionality
• Coordinated AS2 and VAN mailbox set ups as AS2/VAN monitoring
• Performed as Gap analysis and gather business requirement.
• Closely monitoring the Batch Jobs and make sure there will be no issues.
• Support 24X7 and make sure the Job abends are fixed on time and avoid delay in order processing.
• Handles Incidents/tickets created by business users and resolve on time.
• Identified and fixed the root cause of many issues and avoided repeating tickets for the issues.
• Installed and upgraded Sterling Integrator for fix packs. Environment: IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, HP Service Managers, TPPs, Sterling Integrator Map Editor 5.2.4, Operational Reports, SAP, ANSI X12, SAP, UNIX, XML, Warehouse management system, Quality Center, MS Outlook, GXS, MS-Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft office, Visual Basic, TLE, Mapping Workbench, TLI
- Senior EDI Consultant/Analyst at PepsiCo
- Senior EDI Developer/Analyst at XPO Logistics
- Senior EDI Consultant; EDI Developer at T-Mobile
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Moved to a team lead position splitting time supporting both junior consultants and offshore analysts, managing
own client book, as well as owning primary carrier relationships. Played a critical role in the fifty percent reduction
of total case backlog. Responsibilities included:
● Organized and led business relationship calls with largest carrier partners reviewing book of work, setting SLA expectations, establishing escalation point, and building knowledge base documentation.
● Took carrier partners' feedback to improve team-wide processes and behaviors resulting in a more than twenty-five percent decrease in average case duration and improvement in overall partner relationships
● Created User Stories and prioritised Development team's backlog for tool enhancements
● Performed QA and UAT testing on Dev releases
● Led training sessions up to three times a week for offshore team to work through both subject matter and technical issues
● Project managed client Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) projects while being the main point of contact between offshore analyst team and clients
● SME for both business knowledge and technical knowledge
- Senior EDI Consultant at Namely Inc
- Technical Analyst at Namely Inc
- Technical Analyst, Jr at
- Index Operations Analyst at UBS
10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Physics
New business opportunity resulted in a enhanced logistics process using SAP WM, TM, MM & SD. Upgrading EDI middleware and implementing new 3PL warehouses. EDI maps & AS2 connectivity upgrading from TLE to Open text. Support connectivity and data flow requirements between legacy and open text systems. Rapidly pickup data business flow, track & create data and compare mapping outputs between legacy & new EDI software. Transaction sets: 940C Warehouse shipping order confirmation 940D Warehouse Delivery delete request 204SLP Shipment Load plan 870 Delivery Delete Authorization 945 Warehouse shipping advice 214TM Transportation shipment status 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice (ASN) 944 Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice 846 Batch Inventory Inquiry Advice 947BR Batch Reclassification 947IA Inventory Adjustment 947 Hole in the Wall Transfer Adjustment
- EDI Consultant at Denken Solutions
- SD Senior Analyst at Molex LLC
- EDI Project Leader - America's Region at Molex LLC
- EDI Systems Analyst - America's Region at Molex LLC
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
- Associate in Science
Trading Partner Onboarding, EDI Mapping, Communication Set up
Trading Partner Onboarding, EDI Mapping, Communication Set up
- EDI Consultant at Johnson Controls, Inc
- Senior EDI Consultant at CVS
- Senior EDI Analyst at USG Corporation
- EDI Consultant at Brunswick Corporation
9 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
EDI Consultant and lead for data exchange between Siemens and respective business partners. Analysis of business/technical requirements are coordinated and deployed. Effectively managed all phases of implementation: requirements, connectivity, end-to-end testing, analysis, consultation, production deployed, and post deployment support.
• Delivery and support of EDI services/processes
• Maintain relationships between stakeholders and clients
• Data integration/testing for e-Suppliers/e-Carriers
• Technical guide for map configurations
- EDI Consultant at Atos
- Liaison Technologies at EDI Implementations
- First Level Customer Support at
- Liaison between program developers and clients/customers at McKesson Corporation
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- BA - Science/Psychology
SAP Procure to Pay (PTP) Team member responsible for Accounts Payable Configuration and Testing including: Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV), Unplanned Delivery costs, Invoice Blocks, Tolerance Limits for multiple Purchase Order document types, both manual and automated (EDI and OCR) Invoices:
• First Phase implementation included Back Office/Indirect material purchases using SRM and ECC
• Second Phase implementation included Supply Chain Management (SCM) with ECC
• During the 2nd phase implementation the Abbott Labs company split and creation of the new company (Abbvie) was completed; an entire new SAP environment with all new company codes, master data, interfaces, testing and documentation was created and placed into production.
• Configured Auto-Payment Programs, including the development of the JPM Chase IDOC to XML ACH payment file and the Positive Pay file (daily check file details sent to bank to help prevent check fraud)
• Responsible for mapping the EDI 810 Invoice to SAP INVOIC02 IDOC type including unique invoice scenarios for 2-Way Service Purchase Orders (Manpower and Staples) and custom A/P functionality.
• Developed Functional Design Specifications (FDS) documenting A/P custom enhancements including special processing for unplanned delivery costs received on the automated invoices (inbound EDI 810 and imaged (OCR) invoices); with functionality for taxes and special tolerance levels for unplanned freight and miscellaneous charges and down payments made.
• Developed Configuration Design Documents (CDD) recording system design decisions.
• Worked closely with onshore and offshore development resources communicating client design and testing of custom WRICEPF objects.
• Supported A/P users of ECC and SRM for Invoices that reference Purchase Orders for Direct and Indirect material purchases including support for unique customization.
• Provided Production Support for the Accounts Payable Department including analysis and corrective action for change requests; test and manage progress of change into the production environment.
• Responsible for User Acceptance training and conducted Knowledge Transfer sessions to the Hypercare (post go-live) Production Support team for all A/P custom development objects.
• Provided assistance with tasks to complete Company split (Abbott vs. Abbvie) to ensure interfaced A/P WRICEPFs flow through the central communication system (HUB) and routed to the correct ECC server.
• Assigned to post production special project to assist the Purchasing and Accounts Payable departments identify ECC and SRM system and process improvements. Provided training with documented steps, general end-user support and report analysis of progress.
- Sr. SAP FI A/P and EDI Consultant at Abbott Laboratories
- Sr. SAP FI A/P and EDI Consultant at AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- Sr. SAP Consultant (Contractor) at Lockheed Martin
- Sr. SAP Consultant (Contractor) at Lockheed Martin (Aircraft Logistics Center)
2 years, 10 months at this Job
• Production Support and Issue Resolution
• Account / Vendor Management
• Business Requirements: Info Gathering and Writing
• Research and Root Cause Analysis
• Process Improvement Initiatives
• User Acceptance Testing (lead and contributor)
• Project Management
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to interview various business clients, decision makers, system owners, end users to understand the process and business requirements
• A+ Certified
• End User UAT testing
• WEDI member
- Self Employed EDI Consultant 4/2014- current at Marlene's
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Independent Consulting for clients looking for well-rounded EDI/GENTRAN/GIS/SI experience. My duties include project management, technical development, and implementation for the Supply Chain Management document cycle. This also encompasses initial contact with Customers and Vendors, as well as production support. The entire EDI cycle of initial design, coordination with ERP resources and quality assurance of final product is another of my normal duties. GIS specific duties have included the installation as well as initial design and development of Business Processes, Communications methodology, Maps, and Trading Partner contact and testing. Knowledge transfer and training has also regularly been part of my duties.
Clients have included:
• Ocean Spray - Senior Developer/Mapper ◦ Boston, MA - SI Design & Development - November 2015 thru April 2016
• New Balance Shoes - Senior Developer/Mapper ◦ Boston, MA - SI Design & Development - September 2015 thru December 2015
• GameStop - Senior Developer/Mapper ◦ Dallas, TX - SI Design & Development - June 2015 thru November 2015
• OHL Logistics - Senior Developer/Mapper ◦ Nashville, TN - SI Design & Development - March 2015 thru June 2015
- President / Senior EDI Consultant at Lake Consulting
- Senior SI Developer at eBay Enterprise
- President / Senior EDI Consultant at Lake Consulting
- Senior EDI/EC UNIX ERP Consultant at Sterling Commerce Inc
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Mass Communications
• Currently supporting base business operations for USROTC systems
• Acted as liaison for internal and external teams including EDI, Customer Service, Contracting, and Finance
• Participated as primary point of contact for EDI/GFAX outages and coordinated resolution to issues in various time periods.
• Researched and resolved incorrect account setups in SAP using t-codes such as VA03, XD03, VF03 and ZSE16N
• Showed stellar Excel data analysis to various internal users when researching unpaid invoices using charts and VLookups
• Participated in various cross team trainings including Consumer EDI invoice remittances
• Constantly receiving new responsibilities according to new issues.
- EDI Business Analyst Consultant at JOHNSON & JOHNSON'S
- Edi Consultant / Project Coordinator at THE SINGER GROUP
- EDI Consultant at QUICKIE MANUFACTURING
- Application Analyst at BURLINGTON STORES INC
10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information systems