I am responsible for writing and editing product descriptions for Hayneedle.com. I work with two freelancing companies and a number of freelance writers for the website. I participated in training data entry assistants at Hayneedle about our brand voice and copy standards. I wrote and distributed a newsletter to our freelance writers. The editorial assistant team reached our goal of adding content to over 250,000 new SKUs in 2017. In 2018, we have focused on writing site copy in-house for Hayneedle.com, Jet.com, and Walmart.com brands.
- Editorial Assistant at Hayneedle
- Office Assistant II at Wayne State College, Social Sciences
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English
Assist fiction department with various administrative and clerical tasks, including record maintenance and contributor payments.
• Line Editor, Fiction: Edit manuscripts on a line-by-line basis, checking for spelling, grammar, syntax, order, clarity, character and plot consistency, brand and genre expectations, etc.
• Editorial Assistant, Creative Knitting: Assisted knitting editor with various administrative and clerical tasks, including deadline management, record maintenance, contributor payments, and process streamlining.
• Copy Editor: Accurately and efficiently copyedited all Annie's publications (including multiple magazines, pattern books, video class leaflets, marketing e-mails, ads and more) for grammar, spelling, and adherence to Associated Press or Chicago Manual of Style, as well as house style; maintained and in some cases rewrote house style guides.
- Editorial Assistant, Fiction at Annie's Publishing
- Quality Assurance Specialist at Yellow Pages Group
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
• Support Red Bull Branded events such as Red Bull Crashed Ice and Red Bull Music Presents TECHADOX EDITORIAL ASSISTANT Techadox - Jan 2019 - Present
• Confidently oversee written blog posts before publishing to company's public website
• Develop writing and edit website material to fulfill the company brand
• Drive an open and charismatic on-line presence to engage clients and potential customers through social media work
• Organize blog post timing for highest efficiency and engagement
• Examine potential blog posts and follow up with manager daily
- TECHADOX EDITORIAL ASSISTANT at Red Bull North America
- MARKETING MEMBER at Red Bull North America
- at PI BETA PHI FRATERNITY FOR WOMEN
- Homecoming Lead Event Coordinator at PI BETA PHI FRATERNITY FOR WOMEN
2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Communication Studies
• Managing MamásLatinas Instagram account, including posting original content, and reposting.
• Finding and promoting affiliate shopping conent.
• Creating, producing and scripting interviews to develop a video.
• Talent in several original content videos and Facebook lives.
• Red-carpet coverage (i.e. LatinGRAMMY, Latin Billboard) with important role in all production, brainstorming of ideas, and execution of our multi-dimensional coverage for various important (and sometimes client-sponsored) awards shows in Latin market.
• Other editorial and administrative duties, including writing and translating stories; updating and renewing older content; and promotion on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Editorial Assistant at MamásLatinas
- Marketing Coordinator at IM Studio ñ
- Freelance Copywriter at Contáctica
- Digital Content Marketer and Partner at Real People, Corp
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Media
- Bachelor's - Advertising
Worked as a member of the editorial board for the web edition of UIUC's literary magazine,
● Read and critiqued between 20 and 30 literary submissions a week, as well as participating in editorial meetings. Expanded literary knowledge as well as communication skills.
- Editorial Assistant at Ninth Letter Literary Magazine
- Barback at Billy Barooz
- Golf Course Grounds Crew at Champaign Country Club
4 months at this Job
- B.A. in Creative Writing. - Literature
• Prepared acquisitions memos, researching comp titles
• First read on pitches and submissions, preparing summaries and reports
• Maintained editorial schedules and checked in with talent on deadlines
• Wrote descriptive copy and created and maintained metadata records in Firebrand
• Took notes at meetings
• Worked with managing editor to make sure proper approvals are solicited on all OGN covers and interiors
• Research talent and helped maintain talent database
• Reviewed proofs and checked changes against previous rounds
• Review marketing material
• Brought and prepared projects to acquisitions
• Scouted new talent and kept on top of industry trends
- Editorial Assistant at Lion Forge Comics
- Owner/Operator at Project Sleeve
- Reprographics Associate at Williams Lea Tag
4 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- High School Diploma
-Assisting with editing features and news -Formatting CMS articles -Creation of Daily Editorial Cartoon newsletter -Arting online articles with photography and illustrations -Creation of content for all social media -Social media marketing & management -Research and fact checking
- Editorial Assistant at The Week
- Contributor at Billboard
- Content Creator at doNYC / Relix Magazine
- Content Writer at The Odyssey Group
1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts - Creative Publishing & Critical Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication Studies
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of journal. Provide budget management and data reporting. Support the work of the journal editor, partnering in curriculum development and supervising student interns. Coordinate workflow and communication between contributors, editor, editorial board, and publisher. Manage all aspects of the publication process including copy-editing, proof-reading, fact-checking, and copyright agreements, to ensure excellence in the quality of the publication and a high degree of professionalism in its operations.
- Editorial Assistant at Meridians: feminism, race, transnationalism
- Reader at Tin House
- Editorial Intern at Persea Books
- Graduate Instructor at University of Missouri- Columbia
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts - Creative Writing
- Bachelor of Arts - English
• Assists Executive Editor and Acquisitions Editor with signing new projects and acts as liaison between authors and publisher from the contract signing stage through the end of publication for 100+ projects.
• Regularly prepare drafts of accounts, contracts, hand-over forms, costings for approval, editorial board and publisher reports, reviews and general external communications using templates/form letters for newly signed projects. Complete marketing research for four overseeing subject areas (Classics, History, Communication & Media Studies and Education) that informs commissioning strategies of both Editors.
• Support the broader publishing teams to achieve front list targets and reduce product time to market.
• Attend conferences as needed. Meet with current and prospective authors with Editors to discuss projects.
- Editorial Assistant at Wiley Publishing
- Athletic Recruitment Assistant at Wheaton College Athletics
- Corporate Sales and Marketing Intern at Time Inc
- Editorial Intern, Good Housekeeping Magazine at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
● Work with SearchSecurity editors on editing contributor content and completing editorial templates in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Conduct research and interviews to write and produce content that follows the TechTarget style guide within editorial calendar deadlines
● Assist editors with social media activity on Twitter by writing promotional tweets and researching influencers
● Manage SearchSecurity social media accounts by crafting, scheduling, publishing, and tracking posts and optimizing content using SEO tools
● Work on all aspects of SEO reviews using best practices for optimization and reader engagement including hashtag and keyword research
● Help the content strategist team with content reviews, keyword research projects, inbound link implementation, and content planning
● Compile lists of definition and remediation suggestions for technology terms on WhatIs.com
- Editorial Assistant at TechTarget Inc.
- Marketer & Video Manager; Content Creator at Spoon University
- Audio Editor & Marketer at Stride and Saunter
- Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Media
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Verified Certificate - Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Graduate Certificate - Technological Entrepreneurship
- Master's - Journalism
- Verified Certificate - Writing for Social Media
- Bachelor's - English & Communication Studies