· Provided ongoing assistance to after-school programs to increase student literacy skills including developing hands on activities, sourcing and leveling reading materials, and providing one-on-one literacy coaching support for 12 staff members and 120 children · Assisted with staff development including delivering training and providing follow-up training and support · Assisted sites in implementing multimodal/multilingual Project Based Learning activities through on-site coaching demonstrations and materials · Created a continual system of quality improvement feedback with Library Foundation staff, after-school site staff and site directors Education Consultant
- Education Consultant at The Free Library of Philadelphia
- Professional Consultant at Masjidullah Early Child Care Academy
- Director at Philadelphia OIC
- Program Director at Drexel University
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Literacy
- Master's - Reading/Curriculum Development
- Bachelor's - African/African-American Studies
Amplify Education Education Consultant and Sales Support * Use knowledge of products and computer applications to assist sales reps and clients with all aspects of products * Provide appropriate and viable options for clients through strong working knowledge of state standards throughout the nation * Demonstrate fluency with using digital tools and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders Pearson Education Curriculum Specialist - Provided outstanding customer service through in-person support and coaching for teachers and leaders - Provided exemplary product training and professional development with focus on special needs populations - Responsible for support and training throughout the United States United Way of Central Indiana Reading Specialist - Trained volunteer tutors to provide struggling elementary students with literacy skills - Provided expertise and resources to maximize chances for academic and social success - Worked with volunteer tutors and community outreach leaders to create responsive, vibrant, successful experience in urban schools and community centers Indianapolis Public Schools Educator/Teacher Trainer - Successfully developed and instructed student centered integrated curriculum in an urban setting - Delivered training to educators, K-12 in special education best practices Indiana Department of Correction Educator/Administrator/Policy Author - Played key role in creating strategic plan to shape vision of correctional education at the state level - Authored Special Education and Library Services policy for the Dept of Correction - Initiated, managed and achieved national education and correctional accreditation
- Education Consultant and Sales Support at Amplify Education, Inc.
at this Job
- MA - Elementary Education
- BS - Elementary Education/Special Education/Library Science
- BA - Special Education
Work as a contractor through various consulting groups as an education consultant and motivational speaker
- Education Consultant and Motivational Speaker at Self-Employed
- Adult Basic Educator and GED Instructor at Greater Columbus Learning Center
- Alcohol and Drug Education Graduate Assistant at Mississippi State University
- Minister at Church of Christ at Hwy 69 South
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Philosophy
- Master of Science - Health Education
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education
Lansing (MI) 2012 - present
Urban Education Consultant / Mathematics Education Consultant
Initially hired for the singular role of Urban Education Consultant; in record time, personally
approached by Supervisor for the added Mathematics Education Consultant portfolio to guarantee
optimum representation across the State of Michigan.
• Created, launched, and delivered a 30-hour training program aimed at teachers employed at the State of Michigan's lowest-performing school (out of about 3,500 schools state-wide). Outcomes: (1) Played a pivotal role in broadening teacher viewpoints so they can now deliver customized instruction to students (and their families) based on individual learning abilities and (2) expanded this program to include 2 locations for comprehensive state-wide delivery to lower-area Michigan educators so that "locals" can more conveniently access this training. ~~~~~~~
• [email protected] PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & KEY CONTRIBUTIONS ~~~~~~~) State of Michigan ~~~~~~~)
• Introduced training materials to support cultural competency / proficiency training programs. Outcome: Equipped teachers, teacher leaders, and educational staff members to better reflect practices that allow students (and their families) to have greater access to learning opportunities that embrace culture, identity, values, and beliefs.Designed, originated, rolled out, and delivered a comprehensive dialogue and conversation series that focuses on race, power, and privilege. Outcome: Fortified Michigan's educators and state-level leaders with a deeper understanding of the importance that race, power, and privilege hold within the educational setting.
• Designed, originated, rolled out, and delivered a comprehensive dialogue and conversation series that focuses on race, power, and privilege in collaboration with the Michigan College Access Programs & Personnel (MICAPP). Outcome: Fortified Michigan's Upward Bound, TRIO, and Student Success Coach leaders with a deeper understanding of the importance that race, power, and privilege hold within access to post-secondary educational scholarships, opportunities, and careers.
• Designed, originated, rolled out, and delivered a comprehensive dialogue and conversation series that focuses on race, power, and privilege in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) representatives, local city managers, and municipal leaders. Outcome: Fortified Michigan's municipal leaders with a deeper understanding of the importance that race, power, and privilege hold within the inter-institutional and community setting.
• Teamed up with multi-state partners to establish professional learning resources for Common Core State Standards - Mathematics. Outcome: Collectively laid the foundation for across-the-board operational congruency with the vast majority of American states, thereby replacing the formerly scattershot individual state-by-state approach.
• Sought after by an NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) research council member to serve on their panel for Common Core State Standards - Mathematics research project and identify how much of the NAEP test aligns with common core standards.
• Chosen by State Coordinator as a reviewer on the State Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics & Science Teaching (PAEMST). Educational Administration & Teaching - Earlier Roles
- Urban Education Consultant / Mathematics Education Consultant at State of Michigan
- District Improvement Committee Member at
- Instructional Coach at Frisco Independent School District
- at Frisco Independent School District
7 years at this Job
- - Director of Education
- Master of Education - Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Inside sales consultant managing $750,000 in sales with an expected growth rate of 30% to colleges and universities in Massachusetts, Eastern Canada, and Puerto Rico. Products include Sapling Learning online homework support, Late Nite Labs virtual laboratories and Hayden McNeil Custom publishing.
- Education Consultant at Macmillan Science and Education
- Sales Manager, Rite-Away Pharmacies at HIV
- Energy Auditor/Business Developer at Atlas Efficiency Solutions
- Sales Consultant at DUN AND BRADSTREET
2 years at this Job
- - Biology
Executive management consultant focused on supporting non-profit organizations with building infrastructure and process improvement. Provide hands on technical assistance and training to non-profits, education institutions and small business in the areas of academic enrichment, diversity training, community empowerment and social justice advocacy. Practice includes a strong emphasis on creating internal/external alignment with mission statements, values and activities. ¨ Manage and facilitate training related to racial equity, including planning, evaluation, and implementation ¨ Act as liaison among organizations in support of inclusive practice implementation with and across community, academic, and public/private partnerships ¨ Supervise learning experiences and development of cultural competencies for pre-professional graduate interns Consult with university professors on creating inclusive curriculum and activities for course design
- Education Consultant at Private Practice Consulting
- Graduate/Research Assistant at Michigan State University
- Adjunct English Professor at City Colleges of Chicago
- Director of Program Development at State of Illinois
5 years at this Job
- Doctorate - Curriculum, Instruction & Teacher Education
- B.A. - English
* Allscripts, Sunrise, TouchWorks Education Consultant for classroom training and GoLive support as well as Instructional Design - PPT, Job Aids, Workbooks, Agendas, Assessments, eLearning. * Oracle Cloud - Taleo - Instructional Design and classroom Training
- Education Consultant at Instructional Design
- Care Director at Patient Care Medical Health
- Education Consultant at Abreon
- Software Consultant/Classroom Instructor at CSC Computer Science Corporation
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Microsoft Certified
• Responsible for individualized educational plans for academic success.
• Develop strategies for family implementation of resources and academic support system.
• Advise low-income students and families of resources to assist in goal attainment
• Establish community resources to offset the cost of educational support.
• Generate cognitive learning processes for students.
- Education Consultant at The EDGE Education Group
- Legislative Aide at Hickman Elementary School
- Program Coordinator at The Life Skills Center Inc
- Adjunct Professor at Morris Brown College
7 years at this Job
- Doctorate Degree - Education
- Education Specialist - Educational Administration & Supervision
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelors of Arts - Political Science
- High School Diploma
Leads the OhioMeansJobs-Readiness Seal initiative by providing professional development and technical assistance to districts, educators, workforce and community partners; plans and directs workshops, seminars and institutes; Develops and maintains model implementation of the K-12 career connections framework, career advising, and resources for local adaptation and implementation of state initiatives; Advises external stakeholders of an array of state-level frameworks, models, and initiatives; Supports the implementation and use of career connection learning strategies in classrooms; Provides recommendations for professional development for practitioners and pre-service programs; Coordinates with workforce partners to cultivate relationships between education and business; Collaborates with stakeholders across secondary and post-secondary educational sectors; Provides leadership and advisement to state-level organizations; Partners with professional associations and education agencies: promotes career advising programs through public awareness activities; Communicates with constituents regarding educational issues.
- Education Consultant - Career Connections at Ohio Department of Education
- Clinical Examiner at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Assessment Coordinator/Substitute Teacher at The Haugland Learning Center
3 years at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Developmental Psychology
- Masters of Science - Educational Psychology
- Bachelor's - Psychology - Applied Behavioral Analysis
• Completing KPI monthly
• Responsible for doing cold call, selling products, establishing and maintaining clients relation Coordinating events and is responsible for designing flyers, creating social media posts, planning catering, location and doing reception
• Attended conferences relating to the courses we provide, such as World Blockchain Forum
- Education Consultant at Alpha Education Consulting
- Consulting Assistant at Sunny Psychiatry Clinic
- Academic Conference Coordinator Intern at International Conference On East Asian Culture & Religion - Wutai, Shanxi Province
- Journalist at Zhongshan Broadcast & Television
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Public Relation & Corporative Communication
- Bachelor of Science - International Finance & Trade