● Oversee Home Base, Early Head Start and Head Start/ UPK programs
● Monitoring of staff and ensure credentials are within DOE and DOH departmental guidelines
● Conduct staff evaluations and create professional goals in conjunction with performance improvement plans
● Observe classrooms and lessons using CLASS and ECERS-R monitoring tools
● Oversee CDA training and preparation of candidates
● Preform CDA verification visits throughout agency
● Authorize purchase of supplies in conjunction with Federal and UPK budget guidelines
● Provide trainings and workshops for staff and families
● Maintain quality standards of education for children and families by ensuring developmentally appropriate practice across the program
● Prepare staff and site for DOH and Head Start reviews and inspections
● Mentor Teachers and Caregivers providing constructive feedback based on evaluations
- Yeled v' Yalda Silver Lake Head at Education Director
- Yalda Silver Lake Head at Yeled
- Yalda Silver Lake Head at Yeled
- Yalda Silver Lake Head at Yeled
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- M.S. in Early Childhood - Early Childhood/Elementary Education
- B.S. in Communications - Communications/Sociology
Currently employed as the Education Director in a private school setting, which includes running the Pre-K For All program, supervising, providing instructional leadership and guidance for a staff of eight teachers. Responsible for ensuring that the Department of Education Units of Study are followed and the High Scope Curriculum integrated, while maintaining Pre-K Quality Standards. In charge of guaranteeing the site remains compliant to Department of Education (DOE), Department of Health (DOH), ECERS and CLASS standards. Tasked with overseeing and supporting related service providers, such as Special Education Itinerant Teachers (SEITS) and Speech and Language Pathologists (SLPs). Recommending and overseeing the referrals process of students to the Committee for Preschool Special Education (CPSE) for Related Services, as well as helping families to find providers of services for students and coordinating evaluations. Highlights include:
• Maintaining an on-going physical presence on site and in classrooms, to identify the strengths and weaknesses of administration and staff, and to monitor the progress of strategies and redesigns
• Coordinating with the Instructional Coach and Social Worker to assist teachers in best supporting students and their families
• Contributing to and overseeing the submission of lesson plans and the monthly newsletter
• Sustaining and monitoring the Work Sampling system for teachers to track students progress
• Engaging families and organizing family engagement and school events
• Designing a new format for and completing formal and informal observations, to further develop teaching practices
• Attending and participating in Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) meetings
• Participating in professional education development workshops, as well as Operational Workshops
• Selecting the educational track to be followed by the school for the following year
- Education Director at Stillwell Prep School
- Private Tutor at Early Childhood and Special Education
- Manager of Operations at Edex Corporation
- Manager of Office and Operations at Cupid Construction Corporation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Early Childhood and Special Education - Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts and Science - Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts and Science
- Associate of Science - Early Childhood Education
Special Education and Behavioral Support k-12 school at the Brattleboro Retreat. September 15, 2015- October, 2018.
- Education Director at The Meadows Education Center
- Principal at Henry Snyder High School, Jersey City School District
- Principal at Windsor High School
- Assistant Principal/District School Safety Coordinator/Athletic Director/Activities Coordinator at Springfield Township High School
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Counseling
- BA - History
Coordinate statewide safety education program funded by New York State
Governor's Traffic Safety Committee.
● Development of curriculum and related material targeting youth, adults, law enforcement, and others.
● Facilitate training and certification of instructors around NY State.
● Create and identify related education content for social media distribution.
● Develop and continuously review/upgrade education related content on the NYBC website.
● Develop, document and monitor performance measures, both quantitative and qualitative, relating to all educational programming.
● Identify funding sources, including partnerships, for supporting and expanding NYBC education efforts, and assist Executive Director and other staff with proposal development.
● Oversee the activities of 7 field Education Coordinators and "Safety Ambassadors" throughout the state.
- Education Director at New York Bicycling Coalition
- Project Manager/Trainer/Sales at Enable Labs
- Production Supervisor at FujiColor Processing
3 years at this Job
I am currently the Special Education Director for grades 6-12. I am responsible to meet all legal requirements and stay in compliance regarding all students on an individualized education plan. I developed and write all IEPs for students in secondary education at Walden. Currently I am over 60+ students and oversee all special education requirements. I also write transition plans, behavior plans, and teach a class on Executive Fuctioning. I strive on making sure my students and their families are involved with the IEP process and keep exemplary data on all of my students. It is vital for my job to understand where my students stand in relation to their acedemic successs.
- Special education director at Walden School of Liberal Arts
- Teacher at 5th Grade, Canyon Crest Elementary
- Intern Training Specialist at
- Head Literacy Coordinator at 6th Grade, Canyon Crest Elementary
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Special Education
- Bachelors of Education - Education
Reviewed all monitoring tools (CLASS, ACUSCREEN, DECA, GALILEO, etc.) for effectiveness and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations, and recommended necessary modifications. Personally assisted the Director in the decision making process of new hires and reviewed the job performance of teachers. Assigned employees to positions based on qualifications. Informed businesses and community groups about educational needs, available programs, and program policies. Updated policies and procedure standards for optimization of the organization. Created Annual Reports and Ongoing Monitoring Plan and Tools. Curriculum Manager Collaborated with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, NAEYC Accreditation, and set performance goals and objectives. Evaluated progress in the following areas: ACUSCREEN, DECA, Galileo, and Approach to High Scope Curriculum. Provided instructional support, training and technical assistance, and coaching to teachers to enhance the quality of early care and education within the program. Conducted visits to providers and centers to ensure curriculum fidelity.
- Education Director at St. Alban's Child Enrichment Center
- Classroom Teacher at Le Jardin Community Center
- Spanish Teacher at Carlos Delgado Chalbaud - High School
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- MPA - Profit Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Education
- Certification - Spanish Teacher K
As an education director I have the opportunity to be a part of the growth and development of all children in the center. I help teachers set and achieve educational goals for students and themselves. I encourage student centered teaching practices and desire that all preschoolers are equipped for what is to come in the rest of their educational journey.
- Education Director at Brightside Academy
- Education Director at Brightside Academy
- Lead Teacher at Brightside Academy
- Museum Docent at Bronx Children's Museum
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Middle Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics
- - Teaching
• Represents WALA's vision and mission to the public by attending a wide array of arts events in the DC Metropolitan area;
• Promotes and develops WALA membership through outreach and networking;
• Promotes WALA programs online through social media networks i.e Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn;
• Identifies and develops partnership opportunities with arts organizations;
• Identifies and develops media opportunities to expand WALA's organizational reach;
• Develops and organizes fundraising and outreach activities to support the growth and development of WALA
• Education Director:
• Organize and Project Manage WALA's Yearlong/Monthly Educational Programming;
• Schedule and Negotiate with law firms to host and facilitate WALA "Basics" monthly workshops;
• Schedule and negotiate with DC Commission on the Arts "Arts Partners" to host WALA Creative Entrepreneur Series (6 weeks) for Spring and Fall Sessions;
• Promote WALA programming to the general Washington, DC Metropolitan area Arts and Creative Entrepreneur communities;
• Create and manage registration for all WALA education programming;
• Attend and Register attendees to all WALA Educational programming activities;
• Answer phone calls and emails about WALA educational programming and membership;
• Organize and facilitate monthly conference meeting of WALA's Education Committee;
• Vet incoming requests/inquiries from new law firms, attorneys, and organizations interested in working with WALA;
• Provide detailed reports and recommendations to WALA Board
- EDUCATION DIRECTOR & ARTS AMBASSADOR (Contractor) at Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts
- ARTS EDUCATOR (Contractor) at Contractor
- COLUMNIST & RADIO HOST at Huffington Post
- On-Air Personality at Radio CPR 97.5 FM
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- 60 credit Hours completed - Civil Engineering
• Supervised and motivated part-time staff and volunteers to engage with youth.
• Created and implemented weekly lesson plans for children in grades K-8, following DE Starts requirements.
• Reviewed homework assignments, provided study groups, and promoted self-directed learning.
• Successful communication with school community, parents, and youth.
• Proficient in administrative paperwork such as staff & student files, enrollment packets, lesson plans, and tracking sheets. Reviewed weekly to assure accuracy.
• Conducted weekly, program supply inventory to submit Check Requests.
• Purchased all program supplies as needed conducted from inventory.
• Created and provided weekly newsletters for parents.
• Developed and organized special events such as Back to School Night, Open House, and Junior Youth of the Year.
• Answered phone calls from parents and recorded messages as needed for Site Director.
- Education Director at BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS- SCHOOL SITES
- Youth Counselor at BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF DELAWARE
- Lead Assistant/After School Program at SANFORD SCHOOL INC
- Lead Cashier at NINO'S PIZZA
2 years at this Job
- BS - Organizational Dynamics
Responsible for the development of the Education Department, Inservice Training and Continuing Education management. Also in charge of coordinating nursing students practices in the Home Health field.
- Education Director at Visiting Nurse Association
- Planning and Development Director at Visiting Nurses Association
- Nursing Director at Hospital De Diego and Hospital Matilde Brenes
21 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - NURSING
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- High school - GENERAL