4 From: October 27, 2010 To: Till to date
Name of the Organization: Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of Education
Position: Upazila Secondary Education Officer
Description of Duties:
Major Tasks performed:
Overall responsibility to implement and monitor Government decisions, plans, projects' activities, which included students' stipend, teachers' training, 'management support for students' achievement and GO and NGO's facilities to the institutions.
Specific tasks are being performed:
• Involved in recruiting teachers in the secondary schools and madrashas.
• To visit secondary schools and madrashas.
• To implement Government orders and circulars.
• To provide all necessary supports to improve the quality of secondary level education.
- Upazila Secondary Education Officer at EMLOYER
- Education Officer ( Quality Education) at Name of the Organization
- Education Officer ( Field Administration at Name of the Organization
- Education Officer (Quality Education) at EMLOYER
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Engineering(Irrigation & Water Management)
- Master's - accounting
- - Agricultural Engineering
As Education Officer, provide technical lead in the planning, implementation, review and reporting of UNICEF supported Education Program in the two administrative cities/urban locations of Ethiopia: Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa and one regional state: Harari. I play a dual technical role as well as a coordinator of Education Program in Addis Ababa, Harari and Dire Dawa. I am also responsible for Somali National Regional State that is a pastoralist and emergency prone region.
One of my key responsibilities is to manage grants/donor funds for the Education Section for Federal level and all regional level programs of UNICEF Ethiopia for effective, efficient and timely disbursement and utilization, and quality donor reporting as well as fund raising.
Program and Sectoral Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation:
• Management of UNICEF supported Education Programs in one pastoralist and emergency prone region, two administrative cities (urban) and one regional state:
• Led effective program and sectoral planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of UNICEF supported Education Program in the four regions - participated in strategic program discussion on the planning of education programs, formulated, designed and prepared annual work plans of UNICEF supported Education Program ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF's Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence with UNDAF, regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies, and established specific goals, objectives and implementation plans for the regions using results-based planning (RBM) terminology and methodology,
• Ensured that monitoring mechanism are in place to track progress towards disparities reduction linked to the goals and targets in education through introduction of a system in the four Bureaus that UNICEF supported program is one of the agendas of the Senior Management Team Meeting to ensure quality and timely implementation,
• Prepared analytical/result based report (quarterly, bi-annually and annually) on the implementation of the annual work plan activities particularly in terms of educational access and quality of learning with a regional focus to Program Monitoring Unit and Senior Management in UNICEF to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and utilize best practices for development planning and timely intervention to achieve planned results,
• Closely monitored programs/projects through field visits and Risk Assurance Activities (Spot Checks and Program Monitoring) to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution,
• Monitored and verify the appropriate use of sectoral program resources released by UNICEF (financial, supply and administrative) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources. Technical Support to the Program Implementation:
• Learning - Led piloting of Assessment for Learning program (Formative Assessment) to promote rights-based, child centered and gender sensitive learning starting from minimum learning competency (MLC) based item development to item analysis in Addis Ababa and Harari in collaboration with American Institute of Research and Education Bureaus,
• ECCE - Advocated & initiated establishment of free access to preschools (ECE) in state-owned schools and non-formal school readiness program (CtC) in the three regional states,
• EiE - Led Emergency Response for Health Emergencies for AWD and Scabies affected regions and areas: developed IEC materials and key AWD messages on exercise books with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and Regional Education and Health Bureaus and provision of educational and hygiene items,
• Climate Change - Coordinated and ensured the integration of Climate Change Education in the education system, i.e. under African Adaptation Program in partnership with UNDP initiated by the government of Ethiopia. Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
• Introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results, such as: ✓ Initiated and supported establishment of forums (NGO, in Addis Ababa for efficient and effective utilization of scarce resources in the City Administration and to ultimately meet the SDGs, ✓ Introduced a system in the four Regional Education Bureaus that UNICEF supported program are monitored from the top management up to woreda/district level. ✓ Provided technical lead in the development/study of the followings to design strategy, assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned: ✓ Urban Education Strategy to address the Deprivations and Right to Education for Out-of-School/ Vulnerable Children in Addis Ababa City Administration, ✓ Human and Institutional Capacity Gap Analysis in the Education Sector of Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa, ✓ School Guidance and Counseling Toolkit Communication Protocol to Prevent, Control and Manage Violence Against Students and Substance Abuse, Addis Ababa, ✓ Gender Analysis in Addis Ababa Primary and Secondary Schools on the Challenges and Gaps in Access and Participation for enhanced Learning & Achievement and Reduced Attrition, School-Related Gender-Based Violence & Substance Abuse, ✓ Adaptation and contextualization of Post Primary Girls' Education Strategy in Dire Dawa and Harari. Networking and Partnership Building
• Built/sustained effective and close partnerships with higher officials of each Regional Education Bureaus and made UNICEF supported programs to be one of the agenda points of senior management meeting in the respective Education Bureaus. Management of funds/grants/contributions:
• Under Learning and Development (Education) programs in terms of planning, allocating/reallocating, monitoring utilization/ implementation with donor compliance and prepare analytical report on budget utilization for donor reporting,
• Prepared narrative and financial reports after compilation of results achieved by all target regions in coordination with PMU in UNICEF Ethiopia CO,
• In collaboration with Communication Section, facilitated donor's visit to UNICEF project sites.
- Education Officer, UNICEF Ethiopia at United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Ethiopia Country Office
- Education Specialist at UNICEF Libya CO
- Assistant at Sales Representatives, Consumer Sales and Retail Sales Dept
- Assistant for Projects and Hardware Department at Gift Trading Company Pvt. Ltd
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Dynamic Leadership Certificate
- Master's - Developmental Psychology
- Certificate in Evidence Based Policy Analysis
- Certificate in Business + General English
- Bachelor's - Business Education
- Associate - Commerce (Secretarial Sciences and Office Management)
Working with a Professional Development Officer to develop my Aerospace Education Officer profile as a 2nd Lieutenant,
working with Cadets and new members of the Wing, along with the Kentucky Air National Guard, and local school systems in STEM programs K-12.
• Certified in emergency services as part of the aircrew in search and rescue missions, including, but not limited to: ground operations, aircraft preflight inspection, crew resource management, search operations, communications, personnel assistant,
- Airman and Aerospace Education Officer at United States Airforce Auxiliary
- Cyber Security Chair, Assistant Professor at Ivy Tech Community College
- Cyber Security, Faculty Fellow at National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA)
- Adjunct Faculty at Ivy Tech Community College
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Cyber Security
- Master of Science - Aeronautics
- Bachelor of Science - Business Information Systems
- Education Officer at Ministry of education and sports in Ugandan
- Data Entry Specialist at Energy Resources
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - International business
- Bachelor's - Education (economics n history)
Administration and Planning, Procurement & Contracts
Finance Procurement Director, Higher Education Officer (February 2017-Present)
• Responsible for the overall management of the colleges Procurement function and strategic direction to ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
• Provide oversight, career counseling, goal setting and mentoring to the team of Procurement professionals which include Deputy Director, Managers, Buyer's and Support Staff.
• Participate in numerous cross-functional team projects with other internal firm departments such as Finance, Accounts Payable, Technology, Marketing, Real Estate Leases, Policy Administration, Risk Compliance, Building and Grounds, Construction, Maintenance, Internal and External Audits and Legal.
• Oversee the administration of all elements of contractual terms and conditions from the proposal stage through contract closeout and audit.
• Utilization of various procurement methods including IFB, RFP, RFQ and Negotiated Change Orders
• Coordinate Fiscal Year end close out to ensure expenditures and revenues have been recorded to the appropriate budget.
• Coordinate with user departments to forecast usage/needs and resolve any issues prior to procurement.
• Prepare various Board of Trustees resolutions, contract expenditure reports, negotiation memos and amendments. MTA Long Island Rail Road
- Finance Procurement Director, Higher Education Officer at City University of New York, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Manager - East Side Access Procurements, Procurement Manager at Procurement & Logistics Department, East Side Access
- Procurement Manager, Administrative Manager at MTA New York City Transit
- Procurement Manager, Administrative Staff Analyst at Queens Library
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BBA - Finance
• Securing and coordinating chapter meeting, seminar, and review class education.
• Submitting online requests for continuing education unit (CEU) approval, issuing CEUs to attendees, and attesting to all information contained on the CEU form.
• Ensuring topics and speakers are relevant to AAPC and members.
• Providing lost CEU certificate(s) upon request from members, after validating attendance at the event.
• Encouraging members to speak at a meeting and offer topic suggestions.
• Communicating with other chapter officers to ensure the chapter is moving forward in a positive and professional manner.
• Proctoring certification exams.
• Monitoring and responding to the local chapter forum.
- Education Officer/Proctor at American Academy of Professional Coders, AAPC
- AutoCAD Drafter - Engineering Department at Parker Hannifin Corporation
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Physician Based Medical Coding ICD-10-CM
- Credential - CPC-A
- Certification - Medical Billing and Coding
- Certificate - Drafting and Design Program
• Provided background research for the production of quality resources for the programs department – Global Concerns Classroom.
• Created content for in-department blog, and social media accounts in collaboration with education; pertaining to climate change.
• Managed and ordered office supplies within the budget guidelines of the organization.
• Processed weekly donations, paid monthly office bills, created purchase orders, handled travel arrangements and reconciled credit card statements, all under Finance procedures and guidelines.
• Collected donor information on organizations and businesses to strengthen donor relations to double the impact of contributions.
• Organized and compiled professional development materials for in-department events.
• Maintained records of students and teachers surveys for participating schools.
• Assisted in establishing relations with prospective philanthropic donors in founding ties with the organization. Accomplishments
• Recruited a record number of schools from New York, Boston and Chicago for an educational program titled Global Concerns Classroom.
• Wrote and published a series of country profiles using the latest data on the impact of climate change.
• Contributed to the annual Seeds of Hope newsletter. Skills Used Data entry, research, social media management, donation processing, prospect research, team collaboration.
- Administrative Assistant & Education Officer at Concern Worldwide U S Inc
- City Year AmeriCorps Member / Literacy Coordinator at AmeriCorps
- Customer Service Specialist at CVS Pharmacy
- Front Desk Associate at The YMCA
5 months at this Job
Duration: From Aug15 to Jul'18
• Engage with individuals and community groups, such as residents' associations, parents' groups and young people.
• Identify local interests and needs and ways to meet them. 1|Page 2
• Arranging the 'Ak Takar Ahar' project & assuring proper food for under privileged children.
• Help potential learners to overcome existing barriers to learning.
• Work with individuals to create learning plans.
• Formulate service plans and priorities in cooperation with other providers.
• Encourage and influence the development of new learning opportunities through formal and informal classes as well as individual tutoring and mentoring.
• Support the development of community or local voluntary groups.
• Identify the training needs of local volunteers and provide for them.
- Education Officer at Bidyanondo Foundation
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Sc in ETE - ETE
- HSC in Science
- SSC in Science
Aug 2012 - Aug 2018 Contract Education Assistant/ Assistant Education Officer/ Discovery & Education Officer/ Senior Discovery & Education Officer Ocean Park Corporation - Development of new teaching materials and education programmes - Evaluation of in-Park education programmes for schools and the public - Organisation of Preview Visits for locsl principals and teachers - Coordination of large-scale school activities for the max. of 1700 pax. - Coordination of Ocean Park Academy's booth at the Learning & Teaching Expo - Regular meetings with principals and teachers - Guiding in-Park education programmes for schools and the public - Conducting outreach talks at schools - Managing the Ocean Park Academy's website
- Discovery & Education Officer/ Senior Discovery & Education Officer at Ocean Park Corporation
- Project Assistant at Education Department
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Science - Sociology
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Develops Continuing Education Units opportunities for the San Jose-Sunnyvale local AAPC chapter. Consults with other Medical Coding and Medical Auditing professionals to determine the educational and training needs of the chapter. Coordinates and consults with Health Information Management leaders, subject matter experts, and physicians in order to conduct educational presentations.
- Chapter Education Officer at American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Medical Biller and Coder at School Health Clinics of Santa Clara County
- Paraeducator Severely Handicapped at Mt. Eden High School
- Remote Contract Medical Coding Associate at Synchronized Systems, Inc.
3 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Health Information Technology
- Certificate - Outpatient Coding
- BA - Latino and Latin American Studies