2, Warsaw Indiana (moved to Fort Wayne) . Supervised children in classroom . Write and Implement Developmentally Appropriate lessons . Education Specialist
- Education Specialist at Rainbow Childcare Center
- at New Beginnings Preschool and Childcare, Inc
- Teacher in the Four Year at Rainbow Childcare Center
- Teacher at Wee Care Daycare and Preschool
1 year at this Job
- Associate in Arts - Early Childhood/ Childhood Development
- Bachelors in Human Development and Family Studies - was a Senior
Regional Senior Education Specialist for the US Army Recruiting Command. Provided program support to 8 recruiting battalion education specialists in the Northeast, mid-Altantic, and middle state regions that consisted of 11 states, Washington DC, and Europe. Coordinated community relationships with state and local education agencies, professional organizations, high schools and colleges.
- Education Specialist at Department of Defense, US Army
27 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters plus 30 hours - Adult Education
- Master's - Vocational and Technical Administration
- Bachelor's - Industrial Arts Education
- Associate - General Studies
- High school - General
Provide support and coaching to assigned staff to improve quality teacher-child interactions and to ensure developmentally appropriate practices in Head Start classrooms by observing, giving feedback and by providing trainings. The Education Specialist will provide a supportive environment in which they and their assigned staff examine and reflect on current practices, solve problems, and develop new skills and competencies to promote on-going professional development.
- Education Specialist at Community Action
- Head Start Teacher at Community Action
- Lead Preschool Teacher at The Goddard School
- Peer Youth Specialist at Operation SafeHouse Cup of Happy
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BA - Human Development and Family Studies
- High School Diploma
Army Community Service United States Army Fort Drum Garrison 10th Mountain Division (light Infantry) Supervisor: Mr. Derrick Ellis; 1 (315) 772-6929 Okay to contact Supervisor: Yes Contact by phone or e-mail: [email protected] Work hours per week: 40 Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: FAP EDUCATION SPECIALIST- Brief commanders, installation leadership and the community about suicide awareness, Family Advocacy Programs, and issues related to specific trends and targeted demographics. Conduct workshops and seminars on specific life skills designed for all levels of command from Brigade Commanders to new service members, community agencies, and community members. Develop course curricula and prepare accompanying resource materials for service members and civilians in anger management, stress reduction, relationship skill building, and Child and Youth Services professionals. Develop and publish written materials to promote the effectiveness of the Family Advocacy Program. Deliver group and one-to-one presentations to all levels of command. Brief installation command on unit compliance with established training objectives related to Child abuse, domestic violence, and suicide prevention. Ensures all Fort Drum staff is trained and follow risk management procedures. Experience in planning and conducting training for Child and Youth staff in an array of course materials. Assists in development and implementation of parent education program through briefings and individual assessments and delivery. Ensure that installation child abuse, domestic violence, and suicide prevention efforts involve post wide and community education/awareness for all active duty, family members and civilian work force. Defends and articulates appropriate child/youth practices with parents, staff, and installation officials. Develop local networks of guest speakers, subject matter experts, etc. to enhance Family Advocacy Program delivery. Evaluates conducted trainings and training materials. Conducts assessments and gathers statistics regarding child abuse and domestic violence occurrences among military and civilian family members and reports information for use at the installation. Assess program needs to accomplish goals and objectives, evaluate program status, recommend, and/or implement solutions for improvement. Ensures proper management of program to budget. Screen victims of spouse abuse and their families, assessing needs and providing them with information about assistance and safe, confidential avenues to seek the assistance relevant to their needs. Maintain current information on resources and services available. Develop and implement a follow-up system to identify, interpret and track spouse long term care and safety. Evaluates staff/provider competence and conducts and documents quarterly training. Serve as a direct liaison with Battalion/ Company Commanders, Command Sergeants Major, and other key leadership in Risk and Resiliency/ Command Briefs and Brigade Resiliency Team for the purpose of providing command responsive programs and maximum unit level participation in conjunction with the Installation Community Health Promotion Council (CHPC). Update training completion in the CTS tracking program to ensure proper reporting and accountability of all mandatory training. Coordinate with the Risk Reduction Program subject matter experts (SME) to ensure identification of high risk behaviors and suicidal ideation within affected populations. Significant Contributions: Facilitated the implementation of a Battalion Annual Troop Training Tracking system allowing FAP to accurately track troop training and predict Family Violence trends providing another tool in prevention of incidents throughout the Division and increasing Unit readiness. Developed a new Dad's group for Family Advocacy Program incorporating the use of honeybees as mentors for fathers showing the responsibility and care involved in a successful and functioning family and home. Trained over 10,000 service members, families, and staff, in FY17, in child abuse/domestic violence awareness, and suicide awareness/prevention, which increases family health and well-being as well as overall health of the FT Drum Military Community.
- EDUCATION SPECIALIST at FAMILY ADVOCACY PROGRAM
- TEACHING ASSISTANT / SUBSTITUTE TEACHER at Carthage Central School District
- LEAD RECREATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT at Carthage Central School District
- MILITARY YOUTH AND COMMUNITY READINESS EDUCATOR at Carthage Central School District
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - SPANISH
- BACHELOR DEGREE - FRENCH
- MASTERS OF ARTS - PEDAGOGICAL THEORY OF ADULT EDUCATION
As the Education Specialist for the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF), which focuses on education, workforce, leadership and public awareness, I helped lead the 30-year-old nonprofit that for 16 years has developed an ecosystem of over 150,000 vetted students and young professionals (ages 15-35) ready to lead America forward in various fields. I oversaw The LOFT (Latinos On Fast Track) Leadership initiative and workforce development program which is divided into 10 "Tracks," or industries, which are priorities for the American workforce, including Innovation & Technology, Science & Healthcare, Engineering, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Education, Public Service, Law, Media & Entertainment. Through this initiative tens of thousands of students and young professionals are connected to each other and to mentors and resources; over 50 trainings, workshops, and informal Charlas are hosted across the country; creative initiatives are executed; and hundreds of minorities are placed into internships, mentorships, fellowships and full-time positions with Fortune 500 companies and government agencies. I also helped facilitate the execution, alongside the executive producer of, the star-studded Hispanic Heritage Awards, which are considered among the highest honors for Latinos, and of TV broadcast, currently broadcast on PBS. I was in charge of maintaining and fostering HHF's current partnerships in regards to their education and workforce development initiatives, as well as developing new partnerships. In my time at HHF we were in the midst of finalizing partnership with Amazon, Apple, Google and Southern New Hampshire University. All partnerships revolved around workforce development and the creation of new educational curriculum and Badge programs. Responsibilities included being tasked to help shape the development of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs, and to liaise with congressional and Senate offices, education professionals, including school staff, board members, speakers and presenters, and internal HHF staff to facilitate innovative conferences and learning experiences. Reporting to the CEO, my role involved supporting the development and delivery of engaging and industry-specific learning opportunities experienced by thousands of students per year. I support the foundations programs, activities, and projects, and assist with the organizing, implementation and facilitation of HHF's Coder Summits, STEM Symposiums,Youth Awards Program, competitive events, and professional development portfolio.
- Education Specialist at Hispanic Heritage Foundation
- Senior Associate, Strategic Communications & National Partnerships, Station Services at Public Broadcasting Services
- Co-Director of Mentorship and Leadership Development Services, Contractor at National Council for Community and Education Partnerships
- Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) Project Manager-Arizona at Northern Arizona University
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science, Business Administration, Spanish
- Associate - Political Science
• Provide excellent customer service to those considering furthering education.
• Discuss career goals to determine best school and program options.
• Determine possible alternate career paths.
• Overcome obstacles to education.
• Following school and company guidelines, transfer the student to the school or schools with programs matching the student's goal.
- Education Specialist at Liquid Education
- Customer Service Representative at
- Teaching Counselor at Concerned Care Inc. N.K.C., MO
10 years at this Job
- BA - Journalism/Public Relations
• Design and implement IEP goals and objectives including behavior intervention and/or support plans as appropriate and participate in Individualized Education Program meetings.
• Deliver instruction to student(s) according to company policy and procedures.
• Managing individual student goal progress and modifying the curriculum, based upon a variety of instructional techniques.
• Communicate with the parents of assigned students and with other professionals serving the students.
• Train and oversee the training of assistants to perform their job duties, which shall be allocated in order to maximize the achievement of student goals.
• Provide training and coaching to staff members in one-to-one, small group, and large group formats.
• Participate in professional growth opportunities that promote the understanding and practice of research-validated instructional methods.
- Education Specialist at The Institute for Effective Education
- Direct Service Paraprofessional at The Institute for Effective Education
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies
FEDERAL BUREAU OF PRISONS EDUCATION SPECIALIST/ACTING SUPERVISOR OF EDUCATION/VOCATIONAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR 150 Park Row New York, NY 10007 United States 08/2001 - Present Fifteen years’ (10-40 hrs/wk) experience in Reentry: Evaluate, monitor, and coordinate skill development, effective multi-disciplinary reentry initiatives and volunteer program activities. Act as liaison for BOP with community organizations and agencies to foster partnerships and secure internal/external volunteers. Develop resources to enhance existing and roll out new programs. Actively participate in Community Relations Board and other institution meetings. Participate in decision making process of the institution as it relates to reentry initiatives, offender workforce development, and volunteer and citizen participation needs/concerns by providing information, suggestions, and alternatives. Actively involved in the institution’s accreditation process. Co-envisioned and rolled out, first-of-it’s-kind, Parenting and Animal Assisted Therapy program for female offenders—a two-year research program in partnership with MCC New York, PACE University, the Good Dog Foundation, and Westchester Department of Corrections. Organize a comprehensive education program for the institution's diverse inmate population, accommodating all educational levels and abilities, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Used female offender training skills to initiate several programs to engage the population, enlist tutors, enroll students in GED and ACE programs, and motivate participation in family reunification initiatives. Involved with Connections Focus Group and bringing REFOUNDRY reentry program to MCC NY (July 2016). Conceptualized and built an ongoing pool of inmate tutors/ACE instructors and outside Petey Greene volunteers to roll out 96 new, marketable, unit-based reentry courses in line with BOP inmate program guidelines and newly-developed unit-based GED Pretrial classes. Engage inmate population and staff in programming goals. Increased GED participation by 700% (10-40 hrs/wk/12 mos). Co-developed program with PACE University and The Good Dog Foundation and implemented it at MCC New York: "Parenting, Prison, & Pups" therapy/family reunification initiative Chief GED Examiner (March 2015-Present); GED Examiner (2005 - Present)—properly administer, supervise, and maintain integrity of GED exam. Responsible for MCC New York's computerized GED 2014 activation ahead of deadline and consistently exceeding GED completion goals. Interpret and ensure compliance with federal laws/OPM regulations/DOJ and BOP policies. Experience with REENTRY, EEO programs/procedures, disciplinary and adverse actions, and employee development. Teach IF/ICT to new staff. Completed Reentry/Education/HR/Case Manager Cross Development Training (40 hours), Veterans Employment, and Affirmative Action Training. Work closely with SOE on program review preparation; received a Superior Program Review. Selected by Executive Staff to act as Recorder for ACA, toured with Central Office PREA and Pre-IRP, recorded all observations, attended meetings, followed up with staff and department heads on remedying concerns noted by auditors. Reviewed Program Review Reports and evaluated to ensure compliance with national policy. Recommended procedural changes based upon these reviews. VOCATIONAL INSTRUCTOR 13 years of experience, 20-40 hrs/wk, teaching computer certification, computing fundamentals, Microsoft Office, and WordPerfect in reentry initiative, qualifying over 500 inmates in office automation. Expert user in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Proficient in database management. Certified Authorized Instructor in Certiport Computer Certification and Microsoft Office. Received consistent outstanding performance evaluations and never had a security breach in my department. Assisted with ServSafe Culinary Arts Program classroom coordination (12 months.) Successfully completed ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Dual Role (Certified Instructor and Registered Proctor) Certificate #11865795, Expiration 12/23/2019. Researched and launched the first successful thin client computer program lab for Northeast region (5-10 hrs/wk/12 mos) and developed popular re-entry programs to reduce recidivism, i.e., interview skills, resume writing, Employ-ability program--now used by Central Office--and interpersonal relationships. Developed and implemented first Spanish Computer Re-entry Program at institution. Developed/implemented popular VT/ACE/REENTRY pilot courses in Soft Skills, Interpersonal Relationships, Employ-Ability. Involved in supervising, guiding, and fostering goal setting of inmates in former ROPE—Reaching Out to Provide Enlightenment Program--for at-risk community youth. Assisted in tutorial/remedial training during transition from paper to electronic law library. Proficient in Inmate Skills Development Screening and data entry, utilizing knowledge of policy, programs, and procedures. Managed the Combined Federal Campaign for Northeast Region (Fundraising) – Acted as steward to one of the nation’s leading giving campaigns, providing every eligible Federal worker with an opportunity to participate. Responsible for CFC at every Federal work site within North Central PA, to include FCC Allenwood (USP, FCI, LSCI), Department of Homeland Security/ICE, United States Postal Service, FCI Schuylkill, and USP Lewisburg. Maintained a good understanding of all the Federal workplaces encompassed by the campaign and a professional relationship with the campaign leaders of those agencies. Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Bureau’s Affirmative Employment and Diversity Management Program, specifically the Federal Women's Progam at FCC Allenwood, LSCI. From 2002 through present I have held collateral duty positions as Alternate Public Information Officer, Federal Women’s Program Manager , Combined Federal Campaign LFCC Organizer, Hostage Negotiator, and Recruiter. I assist in preparation of Affirmative Action and FEORP plans, recruitment activities, the review of quarterly relevant workforce and personnel program statistics; contact with different constituencies, and input on the development of the AAC strategic plan to include assessment of training needs, recruitment strategies, and commemorative month activities. I also attend national conferences and represent the BOP as a guest speaker for functions in the community and at nearby institutions.
- Education Specialist at Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Executive Assistant / Assistant Vice President, Training and Development, Information Technology at Credit Suisse Asset Management
- Office Manager/Executive Assistant at Carlson Travel Network
17 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Adult Education and Training
- Associate - Management Information Systems
• Review and approve applications accurately within designated timelines so that all federal guidelines are met and applicants receive funding as evidenced by electronic Grant Application Process (eGAP), other tracking systems, and supervisor observations, as applicable.
• Conduct desk audits, pre-monitoring, and monitoring in local education agencies (LEAs) designated for reviews so that LEAs are in compliance with federal and state guidelines in accordance with established criteria as evidenced by feedback and observation of supervisors, as applicable.
• Provide technical assistance and make presentations related to federal regulations.
• Compose letters, memos, proposals, applications, contracts ,and formal reports
• Compose and review documents, formal reports, and processes, so that accurate information is provided in accordance with federal and state policies in a timely manner as evidenced by completed documents, feedback, and observation of supervisors.
• Plan, coordinate and conduct professional growth opportunities so that guidance and information is accurate, current, timely, and comprehensive as evidenced by evaluations, notes, feedback, and observations of supervisors.
• Utilize software programs in order to increase efficiency in correspondence, communication, and meeting deadlines so that section goals are met as observed by the supervisor.
- Education Specialist at Alabama State Department of Education
- Adjunct Instructor at Alabama State University
- Online Adjunct Instructor at Concordia University-Portland
- Assistant Principal at Montgomery Public Schools
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- PhD - Curriculum Supervision
- Education Specialist degree - Education
- Master's of Education - Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education
Rx Education Specialist | Convergys JANUARY - CURRENT Work with Medicare Humana clientele, enrolling members into the 90-day mail order program. Ensure the best customer experience by educating clients about what the pharmacy and mail order program offers. Work inbound and outbound calls making sure the customer is fully informed about their prescription needs. Customer Service representative | General Dynamics NOVEMBER 2016 - SEPTEMBER 2017 Served hundreds of clients to secure affordable health care coverage for them and their families. Worked with clients from multiple backgrounds and means. The application included the customer's personal information and their family's information. Connected with many insurance companies to find the best fit for that family situation through the ACA. Also answered questions about how the insurance would affect their taxes
- Rx Education Specialist | Convergys at General Dynamics
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration in Accounting - Business Administration
- Associate in General Studies - General Studies