I currently work as an educational consultant providing services to school districts, agencies ,colleges and community .
- Educational Consultant at Independent Contractor Services
- Director, Special Education at Woodland Hills School District
- Principal at Shaffer Elementary School, Woodland Hills School District
- Assistant Principal at Woodland Hills School District
at this Job
- Master's - course credits
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary and Special Education
- Bachelor of General Studies - General Studies
Cincinnati, Ohio 05/2015 to Present
• Research Based/Evidence Based Instructional Strategies and Practices
• K-5 Literacy
• Learning Walks
• Positive Behavior Incentive Supports Educational Consultant
• Ohio Improvement Process
• District and Building Level Improvement Plans
- Educational Consultant at Education Innovations LLC
- State Reviewer at Ohio Department of Education, Academic Distress Commission and Education Reform
- Principal at PreK
- 5th Grade Principal at Fairfield City Schools
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education
· Serve as an expert consultant for the College’s Educational Talent Search Program, an initiative that identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education · Lead an ongoing assessment of the program’s effectiveness by identifying areas of opportunity; provide feedback and recommendations, and establishing new processes/procedures for the program · Developed a supplemental curriculum for the program as well as completed revisions to the ETS Employee Manual
- Educational Consultant at Cuyahoga Community College Metropolitan Campus
- Building Level Administrator at Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township
- Principal at Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Assistant Principal at DeSoto Independent School District
3 months at this Job
- Master's - Educational Administration
- Bachelor's - Arts and Sciences
I am a small business owner having begun Steppingstones Educational Intervention, LLC. after I retired from 35 years as school teacher/administrator. I am hired by individual parents to collaborate between the parents, teachers, and administrators to privately intervene in bringing about improvement in any subject areas that are academically challenging for the student. As a teacher I was the recipient of Portsmouth,VA’s 1995 “Citywide Teacher of the Year” selected from preschool through 12th grade. Additionally, I served as an elementary principal for 10 years in a Virginia Beach school.
- Educational Consultant at Steppingstones Educational Intervention, LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - School Administration
Educational consultant for leading hair and skin product line. Educate Salons and Spas on Vegan line of hair care Responsible for creating company accounts and maintaining professional relationships.
- Educational Consultant at Surface
- Owner/ Operator at Studio823
- Salon Manager at Ulta
- Cosmetology Instructor at Tricoci University
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied science - Applied science
Charleston, MS Discovery Education Professional Development Specialist (Independent Contractor), June 2011 - Present
- Educational Consultant at TMH Educational Enhancement
- Advisor (Independent Contractor) at Agile Mind, Inc
- Special Education Strategy Specialist, Building Level IEP Professional Development Specialist at Norfolk Public Schools - Norview High School
- Special Education Teacher, Inclusion Strategy Specialist/Teacher, Building Level Lead Teacher at Franklin City Public Schools - Franklin High School
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- M.Ed. in Education - Education
- B.S - Education - Intervention Specialist Mild/ Moderate
- High school - General Studies
• Organized various committees, workshops, and conferences to promote the social and intellectual welfare of the students.
• Ensured tutors were working efficiently and recommended certain changes that could strengthen their teaching abilities.
• Created ESL classes to adults to promote cultural knowledge and exchange.
- Educational Consultant at Seamless Educational Assoc., LLC
- Retail Sales Consultant at Carmax Inc
- Sales Representative at Empire Today LLC
- Retail Manager at Sodexo Dining At Vidant Medical Center
8 months at this Job
- MBA - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Agricultural Economics
EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT - ADVOCATE Connecticut Junior Republic CYFSC (Child, Youth, and Family Support Center) MIDDLETOWN /MERIDEN, CT May 2013 - Dec. 2018
• Consulted with schools and advocate for clients ages 11-17 and their families regarding their educational rights as well as the overall educational process.
• Intake with clients and their families to determine educational needs and options. Part of team to create clients individual plan. Case management to achieve clients individual goals and objectives.
• Requested and reviewed clients' educational records.
• Worked closely with school staff and administration to clarify clients' needs through various school meetings such as PPTs and 504s.
• Reached out to community partners and created successful summer programming for the youth at the FSC (Family Support Center) and CYFSC.
- EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT - ADVOCATE at CONNECTICUT JUNIOR REPUBLIC
- CENTER DIRECTOR at SYLVAN LEARNING CENTER
- SITE DIRECTOR SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR at YMCA
- DIRECTOR OWNER at OVER THE RAINBOW INC
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelor's - Education
• Professional development for in-service teachers, including workshops, observations, and individual coaching with feedback
• Curriculum planning and classroom routines implementation
• Differentiated Instruction, Inquiry-based instruction, mathematical discussions
- Educational Consultant at Holly Pope Educational Consulting, Inc.
- Assistant Professor, Elementary Mathematics Education at University of Hawaii at Mānoa
- Co-Instructor at Stanford University
- Online Course Assistant, Jo Boaler's "How to Learn Math" at EDUC 115N
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education
- Master of Education - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education
• Provide parental seminars targeting academic and social success practices and techniques.
• Implement and facilitate teacher and school staff development workshops
• Create and facilitate group and one-on one educational counseling sessions and workshops targeting the following areas:
• College preparation
• Career Counseling
• Academic success techniques
• Adult Literacy
• GED preparation
• Life Skills and life transition techniques
- Educational Consultant/ Educational Writer at ABJ Educational Consulting, LLC
- Principal/Campus Administrator at ABJ Educational Consulting, LLC
- Program Supervisor at ABJ Educational Consulting, LLC
- Program Assistant (part-time) at Marketed company services to high schools
18 years at this Job
- Master Degree - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science