D.C.'s correctional facility which houses pre-trial offenders, sentenced misdemeanants and convicted felons awaiting transfer to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Adult Educational Specialist
• Maintained a fully functioning school within the District of Columbia's Central Detention Facility.
• Provided inmates with the necessary academic and test-taking skills to successfully pass the GED exam.
• Program management including: conducting orientations and intake interviews, managing data and reports related to attendance, enrollment, test scores, success, and creating schedules for classes and activities.
• Administered and interpreted GED Ready Exams and CASAS Appraisal, Pre and Posttests.
• Counseled, mentored, and supported inmates in personal and academic matters.
• Connected inmates and their advocates to wrap-around services and programs that would be useful upon re-entry into society.
• Hosted tour groups consisting of stake-holders and other interested parties.
• Interacted with vendors to ensure that relevant materials were ordered and used properly.
• Provided direct instruction to students in all areas of the GED including Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Social Studies, and Science.
• Managed 50-75 inmates at any given time in class groupings of 8-14.
• Coordinated and supervised volunteers (from outside of the facility) and tutors (inmates).
• Collaborated with case managers to identify prospective program participants and troubleshoot potential challenges.
• Issued warnings and dismissals to inmates who had demonstrated that they were not behaviorally prepared to participate in the program.
• Facilitated formal and informal partnerships between the Department of Corrections' GED Program and other governmental and non-governmental programs such as The Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE), the Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, and Free Minds Book Club.
- Adult Educational Specialist at DC Department of Corrections
- Adult Literacy Instructor at
- GED/Post GED Bridge Instructor at Academy of Hope, DC
- Education Slot Developer; Education Specialist at Opportunities Industrialization Center
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - African-American Studies
I work with several different Merit School locations in northern VA. Upon first being hired at the merit school I worked heavily with the education team as an Educational Support Specialist. I worked hands on in the field with teachers assisting with classroom management, lesson planning, and providing teacher trainings. I then took on the as acting director of the merit school in Arlington, VA. My responsibilities there range from managing the school, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new staff, as well as any payroll/ scheduling needs for the staff. I also was in charge of all school finances, invoices, supply orders, enrolling new children and processing tuition payments. I was in charge of marketing to the public, conducting tours and selling the program to new families.
- Center Director / educational specialist at The Merit School
- Lead Pre-K Teacher at Pleasant Day Schools
- Student Teacher (Pre-K) at West Virginia University Nursery School
- Assistant Teacher at Apple Tree Preschool and Academy
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Child Development and Family Studies
Mentored and trained teachers and directors. Helped child care facilities' management and staff work towards NAEYC accreditation. Conducted teacher trainings and mentoring, including topics such as: classroom management, transitions, small and large group activities, health and safety, and curriculum planning.
- Educational Specialist at Educational First Steps
- Childcare Director at Unity Day School
- Childcare Specialist /Classroom Teacher at ChildCare Group
- toddler teacher and a preschool teacher at
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Promoted throughout position to take on increased leadership roles. Recognized for novel solutions to challenges. Led major educational content creation endeavors that enhanced the performance of Cisco technical teams. Selected achievements: Created visual filmed promotional campaign for Innovation Challenge team entry. Selected as winner of the innovation challenge due to campaign messaging and effectiveness. Designed, constructed, and utilized visual recording studio in RTP, NC and Richardson, TX for the capture and production of technical training. Managed cross-functional content creation projects for global TAC teams, receiving internal recognition for my contributions from several teams
- Educational Specialist at CISCO SYSTEMS, INC
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Strategist at CISCO SYSTEMS, INC
- TelePresence Support Engineer at CISCO SYSTEMS, INC
- IT Manager at SYNECOR, LLC
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Secondary Education
Provide Education for Nurses, Social Workers, Spiritual Care, Bereavement and Hospice Aides. Develop Educational programs for internal and external presentations. Collaborate with Agency Staff related to Marketing opportunities.
- Educational Specialist at AseraCare Hospice
- Clinical Educator Hospice at Community Health Systems Inc.
- Nursing Preceptor at GREAT LAKES CARING HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Educational Specialist/ Tutor at Humanitarioan Educational Freedom Foundation
- Science Educator at Grace Academy International
- Science and Math Teacher at Beacon Hill Preparatory School
- Project Coordinator at Mad Science of South Florida, Inc
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.A. - Clinical Psychology
- B.A. - Psychology
• Oversee school workshops for middle school and high school students ◦ Create curriculum for month workshops ◦ Counseling students on the keys to academic success
• Assist with tutoring students that are on academic probation
• Mentoring high school students as they prepare for post-secondary
• Organizing high school and middle school events ◦ Securing vendors for events ◦ Creating flyers and permission slips ◦ Managing budgets for trips
- Educational Specialist at The University of Akron Educational Talent Search
- State Reporting and Compliance Manager at White Hat Management
- State Reporting Manager at White Hat Management
- Office Manager and Executive Assistant at White Hat Management
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing - PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
- Educational Specialist at Kamalani Academy
- SAT Math Prep Instructor at v Punahou School
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Mathematics at University of Hawaii Community Colleges
- Member, Board of Directors at University of Hawaii Community Colleges
6 months at this Job
- M.A. - Mathematics
- Certificate in Advanced Education Leadership
- License - Highly Qualified Secondary Mathematics Teacher
- B.A - Mathematics
- Ph.D. - Political Science
• Coordinated and implemented a schoolwide Specialized Academic Instruction (SAI) program to replace the old resource model of special education for students with mild to moderate disabilities
• Developed a unique schedule for all students with IEPs that allowed them to receive the necessary amount of weekly pull-out and push-in service minutes without taking time from core academic classes
• During pull-out sessions, provided small group instruction in order to track progress on IEP goals and support students in their general education classwork
• During push-in sessions, co-taught with general education teachers in order to support and provide the best possible learning opportunities for general education and special education students
• Responsible for helping general education teachers with the design and planning of their lessons in order to provide differentiated learning opportunities for students
- Educational Specialist at Poway Unified School District
- Intensive Behavioral Intervention Teacher at La Paloma Elementary
- Special Education Teacher at Mojave River Academy
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Special Education
- B.A. - English
Planned daily curriculum for 12 children, catering to specific developmental needs. Collabrated with parents, teachers and supervisor to facilitate a positive learning experience for children. completed necessary paperwork, such as attendance, daily sheets, general reports and parent teacher conference forms.
- Educational Specialist at Child Saving Institute
- Paraprofessional at Omaha Public Schools
- After School Teacher at Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Youth Coach at Lawrence Parks and Recreation
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Early Childhood