Mr. Harnett has over 25 years of relevant experience in the field of industrial hygiene and occupational health and safety. He is an accomplished EHS professional, trainer and presenter with specific expertise in chemical, biological, laboratory safety; workplace inspections; and has a strong background in risk assessments, chemical safety programs, audit and project management. As the SERAS EHS Manager, Health and Safety Officer, Chemical Hygiene Officer, and Biosafety Officer, Mr. Harnett has managed the EHS and Facilities program for more than 4 years in support of EPA’s Environmental Response Team (ERT). He provides EHS support to geologists, engineers, laboratory scientists, scientific divers, and environmental scientists that includes the development of EHS SOPs, OSHA Recordkeeping, Worker’s Compensation tracking, chemical inventory, Hazard Communication/GHS, and approval of new chemicals.
- EHS Manager at Leidos Inc.
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Chemical Agent Awareness
- Ph.D. in Environmental Health. - Course work included
- MPH - Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene
- MS - Envtl Sci/Toxicology
- BA - Biology
Oversee and Responsible for all elements of the EHS Management System for a chemical manufacturing facility.
• Administer NPDES and Industrial Pretreatment permit requirements
• Maintain spreadsheets/database of monitoring results for reference and interpretation for regulator reports submission such as annual Tier II and SARA 313 reports
• Prepare reports and regulatory correspondence as necessary
• Prepare applications for permit renewal and modifications/new construction as necessary
• Manage approved capital and corrective action projects
• Calibrate and maintain in good operating condition all equipment pertaining to storm water, ground water, waste water, air monitoring
• Develop and lead effective programs for the proper collection, storage and disposal/recycle of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
• Conduct or coordinate routine inspections and training to ensure facility remain effective and compliant for multiple sites
• Administer Air permit requirements
• Prepare and coordinate submission of annual Tier II and SARA 313 reports
• Review new product and chemicals for approval and use
• Respond as requested to customer and other solicited inquiries
• Lead programs and maintain written plans to ensure the safe and effective response to fires, spills, accidental releases, and other potential emergencies
• Assemble, maintain and routinely inspect appropriate emergency, rescue and spill response equipment
• Maintain and develop (where needed) effective programs, policies and procedures that promote a safe workplace and reduce potential for occupational injury and illness
• Develop and lead processes for timely and effective reporting, investigation, corrective action and tracking of workplace injuries, illnesses and accidents
• Perform or coordinate routine personal and area monitoring to assess program effectiveness; including but not limited to noise studies, hearing testing and chemical exposure
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure prescribed objectives and targets are met
• Coordinate implement internal communication system, PHA, PSM, Tank integrity inspections and LDAR
• Physical Chemical Class D Waste Water License
- EHS Manager at Royal Adhesives and Sealants
- EHS Manager at REXAM PC/KubeTech Custom Molding
- Owner and Program Designer at Safety By Design
- Safety and Training Manager at Norbord OSB
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
Currently head over two departments, as EHS Manager and lead Engineer for developing a testing facility for pumps and hoses. In regards to the EHS Manager position, I am responsible for four inspectors that perform inspections onboard a variety of ships and boats within the maritime industry, along with maintaing ALL facility safety standards through Cal & Fed OSHA. Perform audits on our inspection reports and address and correct any discrepancies or hazards. Complete monthly Risk Assessments of our 5 acre facility with senoir execs to identify exposures and corrections to be made. Developed and implemented training requirements for all pieces of equipment. Maintained a 95% reduction of first aid injuries and 100% reduction of lost time injuries.
- EHS Manager at Bay City Marine
- Owner/Operator at Summit Fencing LLC
- Division Manager at Alcorn Fence Company
- Director of Operations at Meat Market Refectory
10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
➢ Developed the EHS Management System
➢ Perpetuate the goal to strive for EHS excellence and a culture where Safety is a Core Value
➢ Established a Corporate EHS Shared Folder of EHS resources made available for use by all facilities
➢ Developed and conducted a Corporate EHS Compliance Audit Program that was new to the company
➢ Served as the EHS subject-matter expert providing support to Corporate Legal and EHS professionals
➢ Created a systematic approach and processes to complying with safety, health, and environmental regulations
➢ Incorporated Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Management of Change (MOC), and Operational Readiness processes new construction, renovations, and project reviews
➢ Developed EHS training programs Specific areas of responsibility:
➢ Maintaining expertise in Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) regulatory compliance standards and codes;
➢ Interpreting regulatory standards and codes to help ensure EHS compliance;
➢ Having the overall functional authority for EHS companywide with facilities' EHS professionals (i.e. EHS Managers, Safety and Training Managers, and Environmental Managers) having a dotted line to the Corporate EHS Manager for the East and West facilities, respectively;
➢ Developing and maintaining Corporate EHS procedures and work processes to minimize non-compliance, incidents, and exposure to GSF;
➢ Providing standardization in applying regulatory requirements;
➢ Providing direction and support pertaining to EHS-related matters, e.g., facility safety, health, and environmental compliance; regulatory reporting, incident investigation, etc.;
➢ Reviewing and signing off on CER or AR for major projects or equipment purchases
➢ Scheduling, coordinating, and/or conducting GSF's Corporate EHS Compliance Audits and finalize audit reports through consultation with Corporate Legal;
➢ Ensuring proper incident investigations are conducted for serious facility incidents that could involve OSHA or the EPA;
➢ Collecting and compiling Total Recordable Case Rate statistics;
➢ Coordinating and setting up the GSF Safety Summit;
➢ Coordinating and leading agency interactions and following up on the agency's investigations and inspections while working in conjunction with Corporate Legal and outside legal counsel;
➢ Providing follow up on the tracking and closure verification of the Corporate EHS Compliance Audit action plan, findings, and recommendations;
➢ Coordinating OSHA or EPA agency interactions and inspections, as necessary, under the direction of Corporate Legal;
➢ Collaborating with facilities to prepare formal agency communications under the direction, review, and approval of Corporate Legal
➢ Following up with a facility leader regarding TRC metrics for the site that continues to exceed the facility's target goal;
➢ Providing guidance and support to a distribution center or manufacturing plant's EHS Manager, Safety and Training Manager, and/or Environmental Manager;
➢ Facilitating and leading the monthly Safety Steering Committee meeting; and
➢ Developing and presenting topics for the Safety Webinars.
- Corporate EHS Manager at GOLDEN STATE FOODS
- Corporate EHS Engineer/Plant EHS Engineer at SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
- Regional Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager at ELEMENTIS SPECIALTIES, INC
- Safety Supervisor and Environmental, Safety & Health Engineer at MALLINCKRODT, INC
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Industrial Safety
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Safety and Safety Management
EHS/Railcar Cleaning Manager which includes overseeing all cleaning function at each tank car location, (1) Oelwein Ia., (2) Sioux City Ia., (3) contracted cleaning company in Miles City Mt., responsible for the review/advising of ways to improve processes.
• Manage/implement safety activities to comply and minimize incidents, including confined space entry, PPE, respirators, fall protection, railcar movement, hazcom, hearing conservation, hot work, flammable materials, forklifts, medical and drug testing, etc
• Manage/implement environmental activities to comply and minimize incidents for air emissions, waste disposal, waste water, etc., including measuring/tracking/reporting discharges, inspecting/maintaining controls, collecting samples, shipping wastes and reporting
• Coach, mentor, motivate, influence and lead management and operating employees at all levels in EHS compliance, hazard reduction, injury reduction and loss control
• Ensure safe work conditions through routine and unscheduled inspections for safe tools, structures, equipment, materials, labeling, signage, wastes, etc., (maintain documentation and manage corrective action)
• Develop/implement railcar cleaning processes, procedures and manage railcar cleaning operation
• Develop and manage safe job observation and emergency response programs
• Investigate, report and manage corrective action for incidents (i.e., injuries, illness, environment releases, fires, vehicles, rail equipment, etc.
• Develop EHS/Railcar cleaning training materials and train new and existing employees (document and track)
• Monitor regulations, perform hazard assessments, job safety analyses, ect., to improve compliance and risk reduction
• Cost-effectively identify, purchase and manage inventories of EHS/Railcar Cleaning equipment/services.
• Participate in routine and unannounced internal/external EHS audits and develop/implement corrective measures
• Interact directly with EHS regulators (includes EHS and loss control related management systems, structures, equipment, tools and procedures)
• Lead Safety Committee and other processes to get employee participation in EHS matters
• Support the Quality Assurance Department and railcar repair operations by assisting in compliance with AAR, FRA, TRPI and customer requirements as required
- EHS Manager at Railcar Cleaning
- Valve Shop Supervisor at Railcar Cleaning
- Chemical Technician at Optima Chemical
- Railcar Cleaning Supervisor at Mississippi Rail
4 years at this Job
- General Education Development Diploma - Technical Education
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Houston, Texas Aug. 2016 to Present Operates access platforms, perform complex fiberglass repairs to rotor blades, nacelles, and nose cones on various wind turbine generators and support rigging and platform operations. Perform daily inspections on rigging and access platforms. Perform unsupervised turbine maintenances, trouble shooting, major components changed energy in tiout and OEM Specifics. Lock Out /Tag Out, parameters upgrades, vibration testing upgrades and gen alignments. I work in the field at all times, except during times of safety training and other scheduled training assignments. Diagnosis and repair WTGs as directed by the site supervisor and prepare and maintain proper documentation to support the repairs and maintenance functions. Complete work orders, timecards and any other required paperwork for the project on a daily basis. Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines, very detailed orientated and flexible and open to extra hours as necessary. Assist the site supervisor in effectively maintaining parts inventory, including spare parts and defective parts control. Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which you are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safety Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to the Site Supervisor, EHS Coordinator and EHS Manager. Participate in proactive team efforts and trainings to achieve departmental and company goals. Analyze and react courteously and respectfully to people and able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks. able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/ external customers or co-workers. Assist in assembly of wind turbine generators or construction of wind farms and collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis. Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services. Wind Tower wiring, utilize hand, electric and hydraulic torque wrenches. Retrofit and upgrade hydro-electric turbines and related wind turbines, etc. I used measuring instruments such as hand and power tools. Blade remediation and installation of wind turbine generators. Gearbox and field assembly operation using electrical test equipment to verify resistance, amperage and voltage reading. Operates bolt torque equipment including manual operated torque wrenches as well as hydraulic and electric torque machines and much more Operation and Preventive Maintenance, turbine cleaning, torque and tension, inspection of rolling elements and components. General conditions of all major turbine components, oil sampling of gear box and hydraulic systems. Hydraulic oil and coolant system change-out. Change oil filters, offline filters, troubleshooting and up tower repair. Perform O&M on wind turbine generators, grease blades, hubs, main shaft and main bearings. Replace oil and air filters and torque all bolts. Change slip ring brushers and hydraulic oil. Gearbox inspection and generators replacement, mechanical punch list completion. Inspect wind turbine composite components utilizing visual, nondestructive, and photographic equipment as directed with minimal supervision. I was responsible for repair and finishing of wind turbine blades as well as other composite components in the field at heights, on the ground, at the plant or lay-down yard. Perform complex fiberglass repairs to rotor blades, nacelles, and nose cones on various wind turbine generators. Perform maintenance work on wind turbine generators including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and modifications, and generally support rigging and platform operation teams. Perform daily inspections on rigging and access platforms, hoisting, machinery and equipment.
- EHS Coordinator and EHS Manager at System One
- operations as directed by manager at Cook Electric Inc
- machine operator at roto rooter building plumbing equipment drainage at WIND COMPOSITE
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• EHS manager for multi-site injection-molded manufacturing and packaging company with oversite of 780 employees serving the consumer packaging, dairy, personal care, chemical, and medical industries.
• Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and regulatory oversight to maintenance, engineering and continuous improvement teams.
• Administer new employee onboarding programs to ensure timely training of all safety policies and procedures decrease work place injuries and maximize employee retention.
• Interfaced and negotiated with environmental officials and auditors, in-house chemists, and third party inspectors with respect to environmental issues.
- EHS Manager at Berry Global
- EHS&S Manager General and Construction Industry at Cryovac/Sealed Air Corporation
- Health, Safety & Environmental Manager at Polymer Additives, Inc
- Health, Safety & Environmental Lead / Assistant Site Manager at SAIC/URS Corporation
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.A. in Management and Computer Resources - Management and Computer Resources
- B.S. in Workforce Education and Development - Workforce Education and Development
- A.A.S. in Ecological Controls - Ecological Controls
Regional EHS support for over 100 locations.
- EHS Manager at Bridgestone Americas
- HR / Safety Manager at Martin Marietta - Rocky Mountain
- Health Safety Environmental Manager at Cummins Inc.
- Senior HSE Specialist at Cummins Rocky Mountain
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Safety science (aoc accident investigation)
• Develop, implement and manage EHS, policies, programs and procedures.
• Ensure that the plant remains in compliance with all local and federal laws and legislations.
• Conduct inspections in accordance with compliance to ensure that working conditions are safe and fall within given standards.
• Provide support to management for issues of abatement of any identified hazards while consistently working to improve the knowledge and awareness of the safety measures.
• Conduct quarterly manager/group leader safety reviews and annual manager safety review.
• Maintain constant contact with all other EHS managers within my region, to ensure the efforts that are made within my plant are advocated throughout the organization.
• Provide the appropriate level of safety, health, accident prevention and investigation training for all managers, supervisors and employees within the organization.
• Manage and support maintenance of SMIS by logging/recording all accidents.
• Manage workers compensation claims.
• Management of safety capital expenditure items and budget.
- EHS Manager at Berry Global
- Site Safety & Risk Control Manager at Green Wood, Inc
- Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator at AW North Carolina
- Sr. Bio-Process Technician at AW North Carolina
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Masters of Science in Regulatory Science - Regulatory Science
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Science
Responsibilities: -Provide OSHA / NJDEP SOP, train facilities upon documentation -Establish New construction site protocols for EHS -Provide & train upon use of JHA, CHA to Supervisory staff -Establish new & Reduce vendor costs
- EHS Manager at EOS Energy Storage
- Regional EHS Manager at II-VI Advanced Materials
- EHS Specialist at SCAPA Tapes North America Inc
- Safety Environmental Quality Specialist at TOYOTA TSUSHO AMERICA INC
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Biology - Biology / Environmental Science