West Caldwell, NJ October 2013 - Present LTS Corp. is a leading manufacturer of transdermal delivery systems for active pharmaceutical ingredients. LTS is headquartered in Andernach, Germany. EHS Manager
• Responsible for all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety compliance.
• Conduct hazard assessments on new active pharmaceutical ingredients for development.
• Conduct EHS training for new employees, manufacturing, R&D, QC and QA functions.
• Develop and maintain EHS compliance programs and procedures for production, warehouse and laboratory operations.
• Integrate EHS compliance programs into GMP and DEA environment.
• Coordinate EHS priorities into corporate managements systems (including budgeting, management reporting and regulatory agency reporting).
• Implemented comprehensive RCRA compliance program, including subordinate development.
- EHS Manager at LTS LOHMANN THERAPY SYSTEMS CORP
- Regulatory Data Specialist at RHODIA-SOLVAY
- President and Owner at DINGMANS CAMPGROUND
- REGULATORY CONSULTANT at Self-employed
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts - Physics
PresentPresent As the EHS manager I was responsible for creatingcreating and implementing the full EHS program for Hanwha. As the safety manager I conducted accident and incident investigations, and determined root cause. I created a safety committee to encourage employee involvement in safety. I ran active accident prevention and fire safety programs. I performed all safety training for employees as well as facility audits for all the plants within the company. I also have experience dealing with OSHA and worker comp. I set up a full recycling program and started the process for getting ISO certification.
- EHS Manager at Hanwha Q-Cells
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist at International Automotive Components
- Safety Manager at M&M Industries
- Production Coordinator/Shipping Scheduler at Koch Foods
5 months at this Job
• EHS manager - implementing and maintaining a EHS program following all company, OSHA, State & local government, DEQ standards, 93% Recycle, reuse, reduce program.
• Manage contractors- safety, budgets, quotes, orders, overseeing/reviewing work.
• Inform/Train fellow employees on new or updated standards/policies.
- EHS Manager at Harsco Rail
- Design Engineer at Harsco Rail
at this Job
- Associates in Drafting - Drafting
Multi site EHS Manager. Reports to Senior Safety Director. Responsible for Fostering a safety culture. Managed safety and compliance initiatives to assure, prevention of injury, illness, property and environmental damage. Assuring compliance with company, OSHA, EPA, State or any other regulatory agency. To prevent citations or penalties. Managed and trained over 200 Employees in the established safety program by conducting monthly safety meetings( in both English and Spanish), monthly audits, new hire safety orientation and certification on PITs by given, lecture, writer examination and evaluation. Assured all OSHA 300 logs were correct and posted during the require time. Conduct incident investigations with GMs and supervisors. Assured proper training for Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures, Confined Space, Fall prevention, PPE, Machine guarding, Traffic control, Rail car movement, Hot work, Ergonomics and monitored the Emergency action plan was understood by all Employees, even when it was 10 or less for site specific.
- BILINGUAL REGIONAL EHS MANAGER at SA Recycling
- BILINGUAL SALES SPECIALIST at The Home Depot
6 years at this Job
- - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
EHS Manager Duties
• Maintain Environmental, OSHA, Health, & Safety Record and Reports
• Assist in the development and implementation of safety controls
• Assist with development of company's QRIT (Quick Response Investigation Team) Policies and Procedures
• Ensure Safety compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
• Coordinate, conduct, and track monthly safety training and events
• Preform New Hire and Contractor orientation and training
• Safety alert distribution and preparation
• Daily, weekly, monthly corporate reporting duties
• Perform safety audits and walk throughs and communicate the results
• Policy and Program maintenance and reviews
• Audit all safety and environmental activities during scheduled and unscheduled outages
• Maintain SDS via online and hard copy format
• Safety process improvement project management
• Monitor environmental effluent discharge daily to ensure compliance
• On-Call Rotation
• JSA, LOTO, SOP, and Risk Assessment development and revisions
• Incident investigation, review, and follow-up
• Coordinate and moderate monthly JEHS meeting
• Purchase and maintain all safety equipment
• Liaison with all security and emergency services
• Manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste program
• Manage and perform all weekly, monthly, and annual inspections Operation Specialist Duties
• Promote Zero Incident Safety Culture
• Assist with maintaining ISO 9001 Certification
• Supervise a team of 30-40 employees (Operators, EMO, Utility, Maintenance, and Shipping & Receiving Personnel)
• Optimize paper mill production, and reduce machine variance
• Monitor and track and look for ways to improve KPIs on daily basis.
• Issue corrective and disciplinary actions to subordinates
• Manage and optimize chemical pump flows and Manufacturing Intelligence (Mi) link
• Setup and utilize the tools of Mi, Historian, DCS, and Quality Control Systems to achieve maximum efficiency on the paper machines
• Perform Safety incident investigations
• Completed OSHA 30 Training
• Conduct weekly safety audits
• Trend and work to minimize paper machine setup times
• Participated in monthly safety trainings
• Work to resolve papermaking problems, formulate and configure immediate and long-term solutions
• Act as a technical resource to operations and provide technical training
• Profile trending and optimization
• Work with an array of vendors and sources to maintain awareness of newest applicable products and applications as they pertain to mill operations
• Conduct monthly chemical inventory
• Assist with the optimization of the paper machine winders and re-winders including trim set and roll structure
• Develop programs and work with vendors to optimize wet end chemistry and machine fabrics
• Provide technical assistance and counsel to the Mill Manager regarding daily operations
• Provide leadership during shut downs, outages and rebuilds
• Develop grade optimization run on machine to obtain best machine efficiency
- EHS Manager/Operations Specialist at Twin Rivers Paper Company/Burrows Paper Corporation
- Wastewater Manager at Tyson Foods
- District Sales Representative II at Nalco Chemical Company
- Chemical Sales Account Manager I/Process Engineer at Georgia Pacific
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of General Engineering - General Engineering
• Develop and implement EHS program
• Develop Monthly Safety Training to all employees
• Oversee Safety Committee
• Safety walk throughs
• Ensure all employees are in compliance with safety regulations
• Perform all new hire orientations
• Retain all documentation
• Monthly Stormwater checks and reports
• Monitor all Environmental Waste
• Perform monthly Fire Extinguisher, Emergency Light and eyewash station Checks
• Develop JSA's for assigned job related task
• Develop all safe work plans and ensure that all employees adhere to them
• Report directly to Corporate Safety Manager
• Respirator Fit Test
- EHS Manager at Resco Products
- EHS Manager at Utility Maintenance Contractors
- EHS Safety Specialist II at Thermal Ceramics
- EHS Safety Specialist at Columbia Farms
8 months at this Job
General Industry Safety Management Professional:
• Corporate EHS Manager with Shaw Industries, providing leadership and technical support to various manufacturing and distributions throughout the company.
• Corporate EHS Manager leading a team of nine EHS managers in the field, and 15 carpet, and yarn manufacturing plants, three solid hard wood plants, and over ten local distribution locations.
• EHS Manager at Shaw Indus. Plant 15x in Cartersville GA; responsible for the safety and health for the Initial Manufacturing operations, totaling over 1400 personnel, for a three shift operations carpet tile manufacturing operations.
• Lead Safety and Health Trainer for the North Georgia Safety Training Institute, LLC.
• Lead post-accident investigation teams to determine "Root Cause" & Contributing Factors.
• Train plant managers and supervisors in safety/health hazard anticipation, recognition, analysis, elimination, and control, via effective risk assessment to loss prevention techniques.
• Conduct regular scheduled plant walk-throughs with line-supervisors; facilitating their efforts in conducting comprehensive hazard analysis within their processes.
• Authorized OSHA General Industry Outreach Safety Trainer: Develop curriculums and deliver the OSHA's General Industry 10 & 30 hour safety courses.
• Conduct on-site safety consultation surveys for both MSHA and OSHA safety and health related matters. Provide immediate feedback to operations managers on areas requiring abatement of unsafe conditions in violation of known standards to include unsafe human behaviors.
• Conduct the following program reviews: Lockout/Tagout, Forklift Training, Accident/Incident Reporting, Confined Space Entry, and Personal Protection Equipment, Noise Energy Monitoring for Hearing Conservation, Working at Heights, and Hazardous Materials (HAZCOM); all in accordance with the 29 CFR 1910. & 1960, and 30 CFR (metal and non-metal surface mining operations)
• Conduct "Qualitative" respirator fit-testing.
• Conduct Noise Energy monitoring and analysis; using the NoisePro DLX dosimeters.
• Conduct Air Quality monitoring for dust exposure, measuring for both total and respirable particulates, using the AirCheck 52 pumps.
• Working knowledge of; NFPA's 10, 30, 45, 58, 79, 101, 505 / 70 & 70E.
• Working knowledge of; ANSI PPE Standards, and ASME B30 Series. Mine/Quarry and Cement Plant Operations / Construction Sites Safety Management;
• Safety Manager for Imerys "Surface and Underground" for Carbonates North America.
• Sole on-site Safety Supervisor for a 5.6 million dollar Kaolin Mill construction in Aiken SC. Provided oversight and regular risk assessments and analysis during all phases of the project.
• Conduct bi-monthly hazard assessments for a major dimension stone quarry.
• Facilitate all phases of Inexperienced & Experienced New Miner Safety Training as required by MSHA, to include mandated Annual Refresher course both in classroom and on-site settings.
• Assist Mine Operators & Contractors in all aspects in maintaining MSHA compliance through review and development of their site specific formal Training Plans, and Emergency Response Plans. To include recommendations regarding required training record keeping and required reporting procedures to MSHA.
• Teach NFPA 70E "Arc Flash" Awareness and Safety Training. Training & Adult Learning:
• Certified by the Crane Institute of American as a "Train the Trainer" for overhead bridge cranes, rigging and signal person.
• Regularly assess and train on the NFPA-70E and all matters regarding Arc Flash Hazards and Protection.
• Personally conducted over 300 formal MSHA / OSHA Occupational Safety classes in the past 36 months totaling over 3300 students, receiving numerous written acolytes.
• Developed a highly successful alcohol awareness "Pilot Course" designed to promote and teach responsible alcohol consumption among young navy service members. Alcohol related incident (ARI) rate was reduced from 3.7/qtr. to zero, which greatly enhanced host Nation relationships. Later adopted by U.S. Navy across Europe, thus was summoned to Washington DC to brief an Executive Steering Committee on best practices.
• Primary contract Mine Safety & OSHA General Industry instructor for Chattahoochee Technical College, Appalachian campus located in Jasper, GA. Medic First Aid International Emergency Basic Life Support Instructor & Trainer:
• Certified via Medic First Aid International Group as both an Instructor and Trainer, thus provide the required training to first aid providers and those wishing to become instructors, i.e. Train the Trainers.
• Established my company as a licensed and insured registered emergency medical first aid responders training center in the state of Georgia.
• Certified to provide the following training: CPR and AED for adult, children and infant patients; Emergency First Aid Responders Basic Life Support Techniques; OSHA approved Bloodborne Pathogens, and Emergency First Aid Oxygen.
• Teach the hazards and dangers of respirable and inhalable dust particles to include how and why dust samples are taken and the importance of proper personal respiratory programs in avoidance of contracting Silicosis.
• Teach the hazards and dangers of high noise energy environments to include how noise samples are taken and the importance of maintaining a proper hearing conservation program and personal protection equipment compliance. Technical Software and Presentational Skills:
• Completely rewrote and revised all Mine Safety Training materials for Chattahoochee Technical College, Appalachian campus using Microsoft PowerPoint and other video presentational media.
• Developed a grass-roots approach using Microsoft PowerPoint to present an otherwise complex manpower determination process briefing. Completely rewriting the course curriculum, and radically improving the presentation methods to such extremes it became a "model" of which was professionally filmed and produced as a US Navy training film.
• Conducted comprehensive Operation Risk Management (ORM) briefings and training prior to major at sea underway re-supply evolutions, which raised safety awareness to new levels and ensured no mishaps during underway operations and deployments.
• Extremely comfortable in classroom settings, public speaking, and group dynamics facilitating.
• Developed a computer based method of tracking all safety hazards reported by employees via assigned tracking numbers so as to capture all manpower associated with collecting, contractor costs, materials, and abatement. Leading Change:
• Assist plant managers in instituting the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) process at their operations. Basically introducing a new BBS approach to achieving higher success rates within the safety arena.
• Assist plant managers in conducting formal Job Safety Analysis'(JSA) via the job hazard analysis(JHA) process enabling all workers to develop the competence of skillfully indentifying hazards, and applying the proper levels of control achieving measurable acceptable levels of risk.
• Developed and implemented a dynamically new approach on "out-briefs" process while working as a Volumetric Survey Technician. A process which proved in short time of great value, thus shortened team out-brief times, and gave greater credibility of data analysis and imaging accuracy.
• Three consecutive years as a Classroom Instructor and Evaluator, where I was selected as Instructor of the Quarter, and promoted to the Director of In-flight Ordnance Training.
• Private Pilot, single engine land
• Logged over 2000 crewman flight hours in the P-3 aircraft.
• Over six years of experience working extensive Aircraft Carrier flight-deck operations.
• "Volunteer Partner" with Cherokee and Pickens County High Schools Voc-Tech Departments.
• Professionally trained in Group Pace Instructions and Course Development.
• Competent and efficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
• Graduated number two of sixty at the U.S. Navy Senior Enlisted Academy in Newport RI.
• Advanced from E1 to E9 achieving the highest senior enlisted rank obtainable. Selected into the Navy's Command Master Chief program where I served over seven years as the senior enlisted advisor to the Commanding Officer, providing counsel and guidance on all matters related to training, personnel development, safety, operations, moral, welfare and discipline in order to ensure the achieved balance of mission accomplishment and human capital.
- Corporate Divisional EHS Manager at Shaw Industries Inc.
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate in General Industry Safety and Health
- Certificate of completion - Leadership Bootcamp
My current job responsibilities include:
• Ensuring site compliance with all applicable OSHA, DOT, and DOH regulations by managing safety and health programs, creating and providing safety and health training programs as required, performing oversight of site incident management and reporting, and closing audit findings generated as a result of various internal audits
• Implementation of the Materion EHS Management System, working with site management to develop personnel and systems capable of effecting a safety culture change for sustainable improvement of safety metrics
• Development of written policies/programs and training programs necessary for the implementation and continual improvement of the EHS management system
• Development and reporting of EHS metrics to senior management and the corporate office
• REACH and RoHS product safety determinations and communications
• All aspects of Environmental compliance - Air, Hazardous Waste, Wastewater, Non-Contact Cooling Water, and Stormwater regulations. Specifically, manage the site hazardous waste programs, including manifest management, storage area requirements, training, and biennial reporting; the site wastewater pretreatment system, including permit requirements, monthly sampling and reporting, and permit renewal; and the site RIPDES (RI Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permit requirements, including sampling and reporting and permit renewal. Responsible for all site reporting requirements, including preparation and submittal of SARA 311/312, SARA 313 Reporting and RI Air Emissions Inventory.
• Developing and providing environmental training as required
• Management and maintenance of the Site Environmental Management System Certification Accomplishments include:
• Implemented EHS Management System, including standard meetings and metrics for EHS improvement activities and metrics reporting and management system tools such as the EHS Training Matrix and the EHS Compliance Calendar
• Increased operators involvement in safety program: implemented standard EHS communications for manufacturing Toolbox Talks, significantly improved reporting of near miss and first aid incidents as part of hazard identification initiative, implemented safety requirements for bonus compensation
• Increased supervisor involvement in EHS program management: implemented training and role responsibility revisions to improve EHS understanding and ownership at the supervisor level
- EHS Manager at Materion Technical Materials
- EHS Manager at Ardagh Glass
- Sr. Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer at Clariant Corporation
- Process Engineer at Clariant Corporation
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive EHS program. Deliver professional forward-thinking environmental, health, and safety initiatives, including developing 25 safety and health programs. Proactively assess and develop engineering controls for physical and chemicals hazards. Conducted and reviewed accident investigations, including root cause analysis. Proficiently track and reported worker compensation claims. Conducted comprehensive Job Hazard Analysis.
- EHS Manager at AAR LANDING GEAR SERVICES
- Associate Director of EHS at REPUBLIC METALS CORPORATION
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at LANGAN ENGINEERING & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at URS CORPORATION
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Science
Manage site EHS programs in a 2m square ft operation with greater than 1600FTE and contractors results are world class with <.5 TRIR and continued improvements also a qualifier project manager, department manager and safety manager for P&G for 28 years
- Site EHS Manager at Kellogg Company
- EHS Manager at
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Advance
- Some college