Sr. eLearning Developer
Oversaw all aspects of the development process for SCORM conformant courseware production. This includes developing, consulting and programming advanced eLearning/Web based training materials to implement working solutions for new functionality in eLearning.
• Acted as lead developer for 67 learning opportunities in 2018, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, quality assurance review and implementation, including multimedia for eLearning and classroom.
• Programmed and deployed complex, interactive, and engaging eLearning programs, on web sites or the LMS, adhering to corporate programming, user interfaces (UI/UX), and visual design standards for internal and external users.
• Used Lectora and Adobe CC to create content every day.
• Worked with a remote team, including members in Connecticut, Washington, Florida and Iowa
• Researched new LMS, tools, design and development trends, content management concepts, and purchased software and equipment to facilitate development of curriculums and programs that equip employees to be efficient in production.
• Coordinated efforts to work with IT, Corporate Relations, Marketing and other areas on issues that affect the eLearning community's efforts and abilities to develop and deliver eLearning to the organization.
• Served as a primary resource for graphics, multimedia development and web programming to allow Training and Education to provide top-tier deliverables.
• Used project management skills to oversee a team effort through all phases of producing eLearning courseware, ensuring accuracy and quality of data gathering, including Alpha and Beta testing.
• Acted as LMS administrator, uploading course files, content management, and connecting the SCORM content to the LMS so the employees can access the training and receive credit on their permanent record.
• Resolved other developer's programming difficulties, company-wide, including troubleshooting the issue, explaining the solution, and training the employee; saving time and money.
- Sr. eLearning Developer at Principal Financial Group
- Director of Online Instruction and Internet Resources at Northeast Community College
14 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- Associate of Science in Computer Programming - Computer Programming
Present Developed eLearning assets for their Customer Service new product blended training program.
- eLearning Developer at The CARA Group, Inc
- Learning Consultant at NICB (National Insurance Crime Bureau)
- at RGA Reinsurance Company
- Learning Consultant at The CARA Group, Inc
2 months at this Job
- Master's degree in Curriculum Development and Instructional Design - Curriculum Development and Instructional Design
- Bachelor's degree in History - History
Alexandria, VA Present I have coupled my combination of a multimedia degree and depth of experience in graphic design with LinkedIn Learning to broaden my skills to include eLearning Development. Beyond just creating PowerPoint slideshows by using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere to create graphics and video for them, I build upon their impact using the Articulate Storyline 360 suite, through storyboarding learning modules, and applying best practices. I am also furthering my skills in web development with training on HTML, Wordpress and other content management systems.
- eLearning Developer at Multimedia Graphic Designer
- Marine Canvas Fabrication Specialist at Aureus Custom Canvas
- Graphic Designer at Addx Corporation
- Graphic Designer at Long and Foster Real Estate
3 months at this Job
- Associate in Multimedia Design - Multimedia Design
- B.A. - History
- Associate in Arts
- eLearning Developer at MGM Resorts International
- Elearning Designer at MGM Resorts International
- Reservation Agent at MGM Resorts International
- Lead Brand Ambassador at 5-Hour Sample, LLC
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Psychology - Theatre
- Certification - Phi Theta Kappa
Outline and implement processes to save time in content and course creation
● Create interactive learning objects using Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Camtasia that can be leveraged across multiple university partners
● Deliver ADA compliant documentation, presentations, and LMS development while developing ADA protocols to follow for future development
● Develop and create training materials for SMEs, instructors, and educators over LMS use, objective alignment, creating presentations, and accessibility
● Create, manage, and maintain online courses in various LMS (Canvas, Bb, Sakai, D2L, etc.)
● Partner with SMEs and instructors to revise and revamp online course offerings
- eLearning Developer at Orbis Education
- Freelance Standards Alignment and Item Writer at A Pass Education
- Curriculum Developer at ELA, SS, Science, Math
- Marketing Communications Associate at Software Engineering Professionals
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
A MAJOR BANK (November 2018 – Present). Currently remediating 3 Adobe Captivate 9 system modules by updating with new system screens as well as content. A MAJOR FREIGHT RAILROAD NETWORK (June 2018 – Present). Developed an elearning template utilizing Articulate Storyline 360. Currently developing 4 – 20-minute elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 360 for a major railroad. A MAJOR SCHOOL BOARD ASSOCIATION (February 2018 – Present). Developed an elearning template utilizing Articulate Storyline 360. Developed 2 – 20-minute elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 360. Was invited back to create an additional 5 modules (currently in development) and assist with their Docebo LMS implementation. A GOVERNMENT AGENCY (February 2016 – Present). Currently developing 5 elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 for this children’s services agency. Previously designed an elearning template; developed 5 elearning modules to showcase this agency’s capabilities; developed a new elearning module for a new division within this agency; redesigned 7 PowerPoint presentations; and consolidated 7 Microsoft Word training manuals into 2 training manuals. A MAJOR COURT SYSTEM (July 2018 – February 2019). Developed 3 – 1 hour Continuing Education courses to be utilized by individuals seeking divorce. AN INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN AGENCY (April 2018 – February 2019). In process of upgrading 300 Articulate Storyline 2 files to Articulate Storyline 360 as well as remediating and updating courses/lessons. A MAJOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION (September 2018 – December 2018). Developed 3 elearning modules utilizing Adobe Captivate 2017 for bank systems training. A DRYCLEANING CHEMICAL COMPANY (February 2018 – June 2018). Designed an elearning template utilizing Articulate Storyline 360. Developed a spot removing elearning module which is being used in the dry-cleaning industry. Assisted with LMS selection of Digital Chalk. Setup and managed Digital Chalk LMS. A DRUG SAFETY COMPANY (June 2016 – December 2017). Designed an elearning template utilizing Articulate Storyline 2. In 2016, developed 7 elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 2. In 2017, developed 5 elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 360. These modules are used by doctors who need to obtain certification and they receive CEU credits. A NON-PROFIT AGENCY (January 2016 – December 2017). Remediated several Articulate Storyline 2 modules to improve performance and functionality. Developed an additional 4 new elearning modules for this agency and then created a new coaching elearning module at the end of 2017. A MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY (November 2017 – December 2017). Transcribed 10 existing videos, added videos to existing Articulate Storyline 360 template, created learning objectives, and added closed captioning. AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE BROKER AND RISK MANAGEMENT COMPANY (August 2017 – November 2017). Designed an elearning template utilizing Adobe Captivate 9. Then developed 4 micro-elearning modules about this company’s culture. A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY (April 2017 – October 2017). Developed 2 elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 360 on the use of Salesforce.com. Also created 4 instructor-led training courses due to their recent system upgrade. A WASTE CLEANUP AND REMOVAL COMPANY (August 2017 – September 2017). Designed an elearning template utilizing Adobe Captivate 8. This template is being used by their development team to create new elearning modules. A FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY (January 2017 – September 2017). Designed an elearning template in Adobe Captivate 9. Also developed 3 elearning modules - an introduction to their company, an introduction about their product offerings, and an introduction to investments. A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY (May 2016 – July 2017). Developed an elearning module utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 to showcase a customized communications training program for a major energy company. Developed a decision-making tree tool for a major Fortune 500 company utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 which is currently being used by their sales and customer service representatives to handle consumer complaints. Developed another elearning module utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 which articulates the value a major property and casualty insurer brings to their clients. A MAJOR DATA ANALYTICS COMPANY (March 2016 - June 2017). Created an innovative cartoon elearning module utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 and PowToon to demonstrate information security. This module is being used to train all both new and existing employees. Recently updated this module in June 2017 based on client requested edits. A MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION (April 2017 – June 2017). Designed an elearning template and then created 50 Articulate Storyline 360 modules to house existing videos. A MAJOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY (February 2017 – May 2017). Redesigned multiple PowerPoint presentations. A CONSUMER-CENTERED BUSINESS STRATEGY AND CUSTOM RESEARCH COMPANY (March 2016 – May 2017). Developed 21 elearning modules utilizing Articulate Storyline 2 and Articulate Storyline 360 to educate those working in the television production industry. AN ASSET MANAGEMENT FIRM (February 2017 – March 2017). Captured Salesforce.com screens utilizing Adobe Captivate 9 and then developed an elearning module. A MAJOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY (March 2014 – March 2017). Project manager for Q MINDshare training rollout for over 15,000 employees. Remediated instructor-led training materials to include FG's, PG's, appendices, handouts, and job aids. Added closed captioning to over 50 videos using Camtasia Studio. Worked on corporate-wide safety initiative to revamp existing course materials to meet new OSHA criteria/standards. Also revamped existing 3 ½ week Line Construction course to include FG’s, PG’s, PowerPoint’s, and various exercises.
- Elearning Developer / Instructional Designer at Contractor
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Articulate Storyline 2 Basic & Advanced Training
- B.A.S.E. - Sales
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Various Business & Writing
- Associate in Business Management - Various Business & Writing
Design curriculum models, assessment strategies, online tutorials, and educational materials for classroom-based and e-learning products; implement technologies for online courses as well as virtual and webinar offerings Selected Accomplishment: Developed and implemented effective eLearning instruction curriculum, led professional development training, creating climate that promotes positive learning conditions and outcomes
- eLearning Developer & Instructor at CCSD HomeBound Services
- Academic Advisor / Secondary Teacher at Chaparral High School
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Development & Instructional Design
- Master of Arts - Education
• Wrote and edited course content
• Designed a variety of graphics for online and print purposes
• Wrote, filmed and edited animated and talking head videos
• Built interactive game s that emphasized learning objectives
• Created visually appealing, interactive and engaging ecourses
• Conceptualized ideas and developed training strategies
- Elearning Developer at LES SCHWAB
- Sr. Instructional Designer at LES SCHWAB
- Account Manager at CAWOOD
- UNIVERSITY OF OREGON Employer Relations Assistant at Resources Institute Facebook
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism and Public Relations
Constructs eLearning training using current computer authoring software (primarily Captivate, Photoshop, Flash, Camtasia) for independent student use. Performs or coordinates design activities for eLearning products according to the approved plan. Designs the instructional project and test plan according to research and analysis findings eLearning characteristics, and customer business systems. Determines learning objectives according to competency-based task relationships and as solutions to learning problems identified in analysis. Organizes instructional content using professional standards of applying adult learning theory and instructional content strategies. Designs products using linear or non-linear approaches. Plans and tests interactive features and concepts. Develops measures to document effectiveness of design approach, training transfer, and metrics. Conducts testing of prototype products to ensure quality. Verifies technical compatibility of elements and products to ensure completed products will not fail or be subject to disruptions in the IT network, closed circuit or wireless distribution, end-user applications, distance learning solutions, webinar software, official learning management systems, computer learning labs and other systems used to conduct or deploy approved training. Performs evaluation of eLearning including: development and installation. Independently evaluates technical efficacy and end-user quality of eLearning products (i.e. bandwidth usage, file or system stability, design effectiveness, maintainability, life cycle, platform integration issues, product testing and acceptance strengths and weaknesses, etc.). Analyzes evaluation results to make improvements to eLearning design, development processes and effectiveness as a function of improved learner proficiency.
- Training Specialist- eLearning Developer at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vice President at AFGE L1117
- Civilian Payroll Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Voucher Examiner at Department of Veterans Affairs
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Strategy and Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business
• Worked collaboratively with Vendor Support Team and Subject Matter Experts to identify business processes for product setup in the company's web-based data management system called Product Data Master (PDM)
• Identified learning gaps amongst vendors and initiated a more effective training style that addressed and closed those gaps
• Identified best practices for design, development and implementation for learning content while demonstrating creativity, flexibility, and innovation in course design
• Developed script and storyboard outlining business process for Stakeholder's review and approval
• Edited audio scripts, record audio, and sync audio to eLearning course files
• Develop eLearning Modules that simulated the Vendor's experience for Item Setup in the company's web-based data management system
• Responsible for implementation and deployment of learning solutions, packaging, and publishing
• Initiated Google Analytics in order to monitor the web traffic on the company's Vendor Portal for PDM and to determine what training resources (instructional guides and eLearning modules) were in demand
- eLearning Developer, (Contractor) at Hyatt Leader, Ltd
- Training Consultant/Instructional Designer at
- Instructional Designer (Contractor/Telework) at Clarity Consultants
- Training Consultant at
10 months at this Job
- High school