• Developing, building and testing advanced electro-optical devices - prototypes of IR gas sensors.
• Designing, routing and evaluating electronic circuits, which includes high complex electronics components like Transitions, amplifiers, diodes, RLC components using PAD's routing and Layouts, Mentor Graphics development tools and SPICE simulation.
• Testing and evaluating advanced microcontrollers and microprocessor level devices
• Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of failed engineering prototypes of electronic circuits
• Microscopic soldering and de-soldering on multi-layer Electronic circuit boards
• Review component specifications and creating bill of material (BOM).
• Developing test methods, electronic equipment and test procedures for executing DV/PV test plans for multiple electronic level testing.
• Advanced level of use of engineering test equipment like Equity chambers, environmental chambers, Vibration, Vacuum, NI Devices, EMC (0-3 GHZ) test equipment.
• Creating technical documentation for related activities for internal and external (customer) use.
• Creating 3D design modeling and mechanical drawings using Solid works and 3D printing.
• Analyze validation test data to ensure the data meets validation criteria.
• Knowledge on IATF 16949, ISO 13485, ISO 9001
• Knowledge on I2C, RS232 communication. Skills Used: P-Spice, PAD's Layout and Logics, NI Devices, Test Chambers, Relay Boards, Embedded Work Bench, M.S.Excel.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Amphenol Advance Sensors, CA
- Electronic Hardware Design Engineer at Johnson controls, CA
- Graduate Teaching Assistant/Grader at California State University
- Electrical Engineer Internship at Prayog Labs Private Ltd
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master - Electronics
• Design PCB schematics and layout in ALTIUM and generate components for ALTIUM component library
• Circuit design, debug, test and integration for embedded microprocessor (ATMEL and ST), including power subsystems, ADC and sensor applications.
• Design products with Wi-Fi technologies.
- Electronics Design Engineer Intern at Imagine-it-Tech
- Experiential Learning Program Assistant at Illinois Institute of Technology
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - RF Integrated Circuits Design
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics - engineering
• Responsible for designing and developing of board level analog and digital circuits.
• Use Multisim 13.0 for schematic capture and Ultiboard 13.0 for PCB layout.
• Create and maintain BOM and manufacturing procedures for medical devices as a part of Device Master Record
• Design and implement embedded software algorithm and flowcharts as a part of embedded software architecture
• Participate in preparation of test protocols of verification and validation of the medical devices.
• Investigate, debug and troubleshoot software and hardware bugs and anomalies and determine root cause in accordance to company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Responsible for performing DFMEA according to single fault mode analysis.
• Use communication protocols such as SPI, I2C available in microcontroller to communicate with external DAC and EEPROM.
• Use ADC pins available in microcontroller to get ADC data.
• Use Bitbucket and SourceTree for version control for software web repository.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Soterix Medical Inc
- Engineering Intern at Soterix Medical Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - M.E. Electrical Engineering
- B.E. - Electrical Engineering
- Develop High Power Density Motor Drive Inverters (Using Double-Sided Cooling) for Electric Vehicles a. Collaborated on interpretation of customer requirements and standards, design of system architecture and circuit block diagrams, and implementation of new functional safety features in micro-controllers. b. Designed the inverter gate drive board including IGBT driver and protections (short circuit, overvoltage, overcurrent, and overtemperature), 3ph inverter input filter, half-bridge and Flyback power supplies, DC-link voltage and AC current sensing, active discharge, and redundant motor speed measurement circuits. c. Performed power stage two pulse test, inverter power loss measurement, and product thermal map test. d. Performed circuit simulations and statistical and worst-case analysis; created schematics and worked with CAD on PCB layout; conducted DFMEA, EE bench tests, and created product validation document. e. Support inverter and motor control models development, HiL simulations, and motor dynamometer tests. - Develop Base Technologies Improve Inverter Power Density, Performance, and Diagnostics a. Conducted reliability test for next generation high energy density solid-state DC-link capacitor. b. Build detailed component models in Saber and optimize gate drive circuit for IGBTs and SiC MOSFETs. c. Develop more accurate power loss model considering parasitic elements and stray losses in application. d. Lead evaluation and redesign/design of product protection, diagnostics, and functional safety at hardware, firmware, and system level for high power all-electric drive vehicles. - Resolve Product EMC Problems, Validation Failures, and Semiconductor Reliability Issues a. Resolved a 3-phase current zero-sequence fault caused by high dv/dt of IGBTs, and an inverter high current harmonics distortion issue caused by EMI from the DC/DC converter in the same product. b. Reduced lab tester and motor test stand system’s susceptibility to EMI by proper grounding and shielding. c. Resolved several validation failures including a battery reset issue had been opened for more than 6 months: took over ownership, identified and corrected a mistake in circuit, and closed the issues in 40 days. d. Resolved unexpected IGBT test failures and a diode reliability issue in collaboration with component expert, failure analysis lab, validation lab, and supplier.
- Power Electronics Design Engineer at Delphi Technologies
- R&D Intern at GE Global Research
- Power Electronics Intern at Plexim, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering - Power Electronics and Applications
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering - Electric Machines and Power Electronics
· Designed preamp and fixed input match for RSA6120B 20GHz spectrum analyzer. · Designed PCB RF and analog filters with up to 30GHz stopband. · Enhanced qualification testing and specifications of MDO4000 and MDO3000 mixed-domain oscilloscopes by creating automated test procedures and analysis using Matlab. · Designed wideband spectrum analyzer front-end for an undisclosed project. · Designed AFG system and qualified other systems of the MSO 5-series oscilloscope using test procedures I created using Python. · Helped design 8+GHz BNCs, designed PCB interface for the BNC inputs, and modelled and streamlined high-speed paths on the MSO 6-series oscilloscope. · Wrote and verified specifications for the above projects. · Coordinated design efforts with multiple disciplines (mechanical, software, manufacturing, marketing). Problem-solved occasional post-production instrument system issues.
- Electronics Design Engineer II/I at Tektronix
- Lab Researcher at Northwest Electromagnetics and Acoustics Research Lab (NEAR-Lab) at Portland State University
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
• Designing custom control systems for fountain equipment incorporating various levels of automation as required by the project and customer.
• Created and adjusted animation and lighting programs for fountains and related architectural features using both PLC and DMX based sequencing including Schneider Electric PLCs, VFDs, and HMIs, Siemens PLCs, Other makes of VFDs and controllers, and third party chemical controllers, UV sterilizers, and other water treatment equipment
• Developed custom HMI based customer interface to allow customers to easily edit and adjust animation programs.
• Supported construction, installation/commissioning, and field service of fountain equipment as needed.
• Responsible for facility network management and computer support (quasi-IT).
• UL 508A panel shop supervisor/lead. Primary liason with UL.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Wesco Fountains/Roman Fountains
- Contractor at Self-Employed
- Electronics Design Engineer at Crane Environmental
- Controls Engineer/Programmer at Inline Filling Systems, Inc
4 years at this Job
I researched, designed and tested new electronic products for use in the rail transport industry. I also, researched and implemented modifications to existing products to maintain shape and form with advanced functionality beyond the original design.
• Worked under limited to no supervision to complete engineering projects.
• As project manager: created, maintained and reported project schedules and project task lists.
• Collaborated in a team environment or at minimum provided peer review of engineering tasks.
• Created or interpreted product specifications.
• Updated or created schematics at the PCB or system level using Altium design software.
• Selected and provided sourcing for components or materials that fit project specifications.
• Updated or created PCB layouts using Altium design software.
• Created and updated test procedures for multiple levels of the design process.
• Traveled to clients' sites to report project details and conduct prototype testing in the field.
• Provided supervision of 3rd party EMI/EMC and environmental testing of prototypes.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Ultra-Tech Enterprises, Inc.
- Security Guard Officer at Securitas Security Services
- Aviation Electronics Tech at World Class Accessories
- Corporal/Advanced Aircraft Electronics Countermeasures Technician at US Marine Corps
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering Technology
• Design New Microcontroller Based Alarm Systems
• Create Schematics and PCB Layouts using Altium
• Build, Test and Debug Prototype Circuits
• Resolve Production issues as needed
• Design Metal and Plastic Housing as needed in Autocad Inventor
• Locate Production Parts as needed
• Supervise Technicians and Electrical Engineers
• Assist Mechanical Department with new designs
- Senior Electronics Design Engineer at Se-Kure Controls Inc
- Espo Engineering - Contractor at Se-Kure Controls Inc
- Vice President at Bluetek Digital Printing Inc
- Contractor for GFI Genfare at Superior Technical Solutions
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree - Electronics Engineering Technology
• Design/schematic capture/layout of PCBs using Altium.
• Aiding in design for manufacturability (DFM) by creating Pick & Place programs for the in-house SMT line, as well trouble shooting issues on the line.
• Architected test station HW/SW for in-house SMT PCB builds to improve product quality and yield.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Crystal Group
- Electronics Design Engineer at Trapeze Software Group
- Test Equipment Engineer at Rockwell Collins
- Contract Embedded Software Engineer at Technisource
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Program using C++ or Python Programing languages. For interpretation or updating programs.
• Work with cross-functional teams to assess customer needs, design analog/digital hardware, schematic capture and
• Review update technical documentation for firmware functionality, Troubleshoot/debug new and existing hardware/firmware, test, verify and validate Designs
• Outline the system's design, functionality and compatibility with system equipment for electrical PCB boards.
• Review PCB designs and architecture layout with current existing schematics.
• Worse Case Analysis PCB board evaluations.
• Manage software update tracking to PCB as it relates to functionality
• Working with power delivery systems (via vehicles) (batteries, transformers, power supplies, ac to dc converters etc. to ensure system functionality.
• Mentors less experienced electrical and software engineers in APQP process life-cycle for electronics component development.
• Provide on-going support to Production and design changes as needed.
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation and create failure analysis reports.
• Knowledge of PCB layout placement strategy, plane definition and EMC optimization
• EMC, EMS and EMI testing and reporting.
• Experience with automotive industry reliability and safety standards.
• Prepares component and sub system level DFMEA documents
• Provides status updates on project activities and progress
• Completes electrical studies and documents RFQ activities
• Equipment design and development
• Process study, research investigations
• APQP Project Schedule building and tracking
• APQP Program Book generation
• Operation of basic lab equipment for component testing
• Knowledge of variable switching frequency controls using-IGBT’s.
- Sr. Electronics Design Engineer at Diamond Electric
- TX Product Manager/Electrical Engineer at Gulf States Toyota Houston
- TX Sr. Electrical Engineer at Stewart & Stevenson Houston
- TX Sr. Electrical Engineering at Goodman Manufacturing Houston
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- PHD - Systems Engineering
- Masters in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
- - Electrical Engineering