board startup, trouble shooting and design verification testing of two boards that are used as 200W modular power supply(15, -15, 5.0 & 3.3 Volts rails) and the gate drive boards. These two main functions are incorporated in a 120kW three phase active rectifier, bi-directional converter and inverter for a military vehicle. Also produce two documents that described issues, corrective action, obsolete parts and updating margin analysis.
- Power Electronics Design Engineer at BAE Hybrid Systems Division-Electronics Systems
- Power Electronics Design Engineer at ROCKWELL AUTOMATION
- Power Electronics Design Engineer at ASTRONICS
- POWER ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER at INFINIA TECHNOLOGIES
10 months at this Job
- - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Developing, building and testing advanced electro-optical devices - prototypes of IR gas sensors.
• Designing, routing and evaluating electronic circuits which includes high complex electronics components like Transitions, amplifiers, diodes, RLC components using PAD's routing and Layouts, Mentor Graphics development tools and SPICE simulation.
• Review component specifications and creating bill of material (BOM).
• Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of failed engineering prototypes of electronic circuits
• Developing test methods, electronic equipment and test procedures for executing DV/PV test plans for multiple electronic level testing.
• Advanced level of use of engineering test equipment like Equity chambers, environmental chambers, Vibration, Vacuum, NI Devices, EMC (0-3 GHZ) test equipment.
• Creating technical documentation for related activities for internal and external (customer) use.
• Analyze validation test data to ensure the data meets validation criteria.
• Knowledge on IATF 16949, ISO 13485, ISO 9001
• Knowledge on I2C, RS232 communication. Skills Used: P-Spice, PAD's Layout and Logics, NI Devices, Test Chambers, Relay Boards, Embedded Work Bench, M.S.Excel.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Amphenol Advance Sensors, CA
- Electronic Hardware Design Engineer at Johnson controls, CA
- Graduate Teaching Assistant/Grader at California State University
- Electrical Engineer Internship at Prayog Labs Private Ltd
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electronics and Computer Engineering - Electronics and Computer Engineering
Supervisor: Matthew Dykes * Reversed Engineered and Redesigned USAF Electronic Warfare Avionics Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) that were facing DMSMS issues under a mission partnership with USAF Electronic Warfare System program office. * Served as the Lead Design Engineer on 3 projects: B-52 Radar Warning Receiver (ALR-20), B-52 Chaff Dispense Programmer (ALE-24P), and the B-52 Chaff Dispense Selector (ALE-24S). Tasks included circuit design (ADC, high speed differential pairs, FPGA, etc.), and PCB design (Layout, BOM generation), testing and qualifying CCAs and LRUs to USAF requirements (ITA design, EMI/EMC testing, Environmental testing), Mechanical Design (Autodesk Inventor design/3D print/CNC) of chassis parts, integrating electronics into various weapon systems. * With little or no legacy technical data I was able to lead various teams in the full characterization, concept development, design, manufacture, and implementation of Electronic Warfare systems used on aging weapon systems (i.e. B-52 Bomber). * Performed Project Management duties for these various projects. This included working with management to ensure proper quoting of incoming projects, Building detailed Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for projects, and utilize the IMS to properly track Earned Value. * Worked with other projects and teams to provide my expertise in Analog and Digital design (i.e. Circuit design/troubleshoot assistance and a constant member on design review boards). * Served as the USAF Technical POC for Additive Manufacturing. This included attending 3D design/3D printing training as well as working with companies to develop state of the art Additive Manufacturing tools for PCBs and Semiconductors.
- Electronics Design Engineer (NH-03 Tier 2) at Air Force
- Aerospace/Electronics Engineer (GS-12) at Air Force
- Engineering Consultant at Southwest Research Institute
- Undergraduate /Graduate Research-Teaching Assistant at University of Texas at San Antonio
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Micro/Nano-device Fabrication/RF MEMS/Computer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Digital IC/MEMS Design and Fabrication
• Designed electronics with switch mode and linear power supplies to drive the rear combination lighting for automotive applications.
• Managed and supported external suppliers to deliver design work per specification and on time.
• Delivered cost and time sensitive design work that was used to do quoting activities to win business with new or existing customers.
• Produced and presented design architectures to the clients in order to win business.
- Electronics Design Engineer at Flex N Gate Corporation
- Electrical Engineer II for electronics design and execution at Whirlpool Corporation
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
- Develop High Power Density Combined Inverter and DC/DC Converter for HEV and EV a. Collaborated on interpretation of customer requirements and standards, design of system architecture and circuit block diagrams, and implementation of new functional safety features in micro-controllers. b. Designed the inverter gate drive board including IGBT driver and protections (short circuit, overvoltage, overcurrent, and overtemperature), 3ph inverter input filter, half-bridge and Flyback power supplies, DC-link voltage and AC current sensing, active discharge, and redundant motor speed measurement circuits. c. Performed circuit simulations and statistical and worst-case analysis; created schematics and worked with CAD on PCB layout; conducted DFMEA, EE bench tests, and created product validation document. d. Performed power stage two pulse test, inverter power loss measurement, and product thermal map test; developed much improved loss model considering parasitics and stray losses in application. e. Support inverter and motor control models development, HiL simulations, and motor dynamometer tests. - Work on Base Technologies Improve Inverter Power Density, Performance, and Diagnostics a. Conducted reliability test for next generation high energy density solid-state DC-link capacitor. b. Build detailed component models in Saber and optimize gate drive circuit for IGBTs and SiC MOSFETs. c. Lead evaluation and redesign/design of product protection, diagnostics, and functional safety at hardware, firmware, and system level for high power all-electric drive vehicles. - Resolve Product EMC Problems, Test Failures, and Component Reliability Issues a. Resolved a 3-phase current zero-sequence fault caused by high dv/dt of IGBTs, and an inverter high current harmonics distortion issue caused by EMI from the DC/DC converter in the same product. b. Reduced lab tester and motor test stand system's susceptibility to EMI by proper grounding and shielding. c. Resolved several validation failures including a battery reset issue had been opened for more than 6 months: took over ownership, identified and corrected a mistake in circuit, and closed the issues in 40 days. d. Worked with component engineer, failure analysis lab, and supplier and resolved IGBT and diode failures.
- Power Electronics Design Engineer at Delphi Technologies
- Graduate Research Assistant (PhD) at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- R&D Intern at GE Global Research
- Power Electronics Intern at Plexim, Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering - Power Electronics and Applications
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering - Electric Machines and Power Electronics
- Senior Power Electronics Design engineer at Casco Product Novi MI
- Senior Power conversion engineer at Vanner
- reviewer for conference papers at Vanner
1 year at this Job
- master degree - Electrical Engineering
• Create simulation in SPICE and conduct measurement in the lab
• Select and quote for DC-DC power converters for the new projects
• Perform power management, LED luminous calculation for design projects
• Perform EMC & temperature testing, WCCA, DFMEA based on the SPECs from OEMs
• Improve power & signal integration and reliability for PCB layout
• Conduct technical audit and support for capacity and logistic issues at the supplier sites
• Translate technical documents within Chinese, Japanese and English
- Electronics Design Engineer at North American Lighting, Inc
- Supply Quality Engineer for Electronics at North American Lighting, Inc
- Quality Engineering / Electrical Engineering Intern at North American Lighting, Inc.
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MS - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
July. 2018 to Till Date
Designation: Working for DND -SSG, IHQ (Delhi) as an Electrical & Electronics (Design Engineer), through ANI Services Limited, Thane (Mumbai).
About Company: DIRECTORATE NAVAL DESIGN (SHIP DESIGN GROUP), is a primer organization of Indian Navy and only one on the country for design of ASW Ships, Destroyer Ships, and ADS. The organization has acquired capabilities to undertake platforms design of all types of Ship functional group such as hull structure, Engineering / Electrical System, Weapons & Sensors, propulsion systems, configuration control, materials etc
• Extensive knowledge of Electrical System Such as Weapons & Sensors, Communication System, PGD System and Computer-Aided Design technology.
• Works on layout and wiring schematics as well as work on its cost estimates.
• Develop and maintain relations with other departments while different phases of product development
• Evaluate Engineering Design and project engineering design specific to electrical disciple.
• Suggest modification to develop and design to enhance quality.
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering principles and concepts as well as established analytical tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Extensive application experience with electrical system design and IEEE, BIS, IEC Designation codes.
- Design Engineer at DIRECTORATE NAVAL DESIGN
- Service & Commissioning Engineer at LARSEN & TOUBRO LTD
- Sr. Electrical & Electronics (Design & Commissioning Engineer) at STATIC TRANSFORMERS (P) LTD
- Electrical & Electronics (Testing & Commissioning Engineer) at M AND B SWITCHGEARS LIMITED
6 months at this Job
a boutique high-end speaker manufacturer in St. Louis. Responsible for both aesthetic and electrical design, along with test, and production of the end components. This involves evaluation of large numbers of components and transducers, testing and evaluation of performance, and matching the best performing components into a complete system. 2010 to present. Other areas of experience include Access database application design. Created method for electronic scanning of I.T. infrastructure equipment for use by financial managers, to track and retire computer equipment for thousands of bank and brokerage branches across the country. Also responsible for network and computer specification and troubleshooting for the home office as a LAN analyst. 2000 - 2012 Created graphic user interface applications using Wonderware® to track and control automated manufacturing facilities in the food and beverage industry. This incorporated the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for dynamic data exchange with various PLC controllers. Late 1990s Companies with whom I have consulted/worked include. Vapor Audio Arte Forma Audio Industrial Control Concepts Emerson Electric Electronics and Space Division McDonnell Douglas Martin Marietta Wells Fargo Bank A.G. Edwards and Sons Wachovia Bank
- Design engineer at Vapor Audio
- Electronics Design Engineer at Various
9 years at this Job
Responsibilities include lead in several design of power supplies projects, technical documentation. * Design of 1500 watt interleaved PFC AC DC converter; * Design of 1500 watt phase shifted full bridge DC DC converter; * Design of of Extended Hold-Up time couple inductor boost sub-unit; * Redesign of double switch DC DC forward converter; * Schematic design; * Design of power transformers and chokes; * Lab work - tuning of prototype boards
- Design Engineer Power Electronics at Good Company
- senior design engineer at GLOBTEK
- Hardware design engineer at TECHNOLOGY DYNAMICS, Inc
- Project engineer at FAIVELEY TRANSPORT NORTH AMERICA
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Science and Engineering