Team Manager and Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Engineer / Team Manager at Davidson Racing
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Some college
311 San Carlos rd Pensacola, FL 32508 United States 11/2016 - 11/5/2018 Hours per week: 40 Series: 0855 Pay Plan: NH Grade: 03 Electronics Engineer (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Perform professional electronics engineering work supporting acquisition of weapon systems and support equipment. Develop system performance requirements, objectives and integration, and the estimation of time and resources for system design, development, and support. Support the flight simulators with software consultation and analysis. Responsible for SECT Automation smooth performance and support.. Work with the client to support feedback recommendations and quality control input. Provide technical leadership in specific technical area(s) when requested Actively train other coworkers on obtained knowledge regarding existing processes and future technologies as a result of both leadership and team working situations. Develop technical documents for existing and new electronic equipment regarding SECT. Responsible for software changes using tortoise svn. Implemented and maintained disaster plan system (e.g. hurricane damage mitigation and prevention) DAWIA certified Implementing and improving software changes for the SECT system. The code is based on C++. Setting up and configuring network Configuring GPO's to allow, monitor, block types of network traffic across operating system while utilizing gaming software Kept record of inventory and budget as GPC card holder Attended weekly progress meetings for status on various projects Knowledgeable on linux using Fedora 20 Knowledgeable on diagnosing and correcting issues regarding T25 SECT system for flight training Monitored for vulnerabilities involving existing system. IT solutions (setting up network) supporting FalconView, MetaVr, DTD, alienware, etc. Network Sdc 5.x setup and configuration Hardware analysis, problem diagnostic, and maintenance Managed the software enhancement platform as well as implementation packages necessary for the upgrade and sustainment. Instrumental in directing the virtualization of the Radar Servers used for T25 SECT. Proficient in IT troubleshooting and related acts. Has had GPC training at Eglin AFB. I would work with the contractors, product instructors (for new products we were using), and liasons to gain comfortableness with trusting their products with our team. We had to appease different liaisons to keep the funding fluid. e.g.: getting licenses for products I was a GPC (government purchase cardholder) cardholder. Contact Person (Civilian Personnel Office): Robert Amundson (405) 739-3401 Okay to contact this Supervisor: yes
- Electronics Engineer at NAS Pensacola
- electronics engineer at Robins AFB
- Professor at Albany Technical College
- SASET Engineer/Lab Technician at Albany Technical College
2 years at this Job
- Master's Degree - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree - Electrical Engineering
* Electronics Engineer: NH-0855-03 (GS-12 Equivalent) 07/25/2016 to Present ** 402nd SMXG Software Maintenance Group | 578th Software Maintenance Squadron (Current Position) - Currently working as part of the Centralized Software Support Activity (CSSA). - Currently serving as a software developer for the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) Team. - Currently utilizing C# and C++ for all development work. - Currently serving as a program manager overseeing a classified enclave research, test, development and evaluation (RTD&E) enclave network, its maintenance, and its compliance to all federal regulations regarding secure information systems. - Regularly building, testing, and releasing software for integrated builds for next generation link16 aircraft radios. - Regularly collaborating and serving as the point of contact for the code team between ourselves and our Navy counterparts.
- Electronics Engineer at U.S. Department of Defense
- Pathways Engineering Intern at U.S. Department of Defense
- Integral Tank Sealer at North American Aircraft Services (aquired by Triumph Group Inc. August 2014)
- Integral Tank Sealer at North American Aircraft Services (aquired by Triumph Group Inc. August 2014)
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor's - Aerospace Engineering
Northrop Grumman Corporation | Electronics Digital Technology August 2016 to Present
• ASIC Physical Design & Physical Verification | BWI ◦ 8x9mm Global Foundries 14LPP-XL technology ASIC ◦ Designed & deployed MiMCAP leveraging Cadence Virtuoso custom layout editor. ◦ Executed DRC and LVS for IP and block verification, including scripting and optimization
• PDP CCA TEST Engineer | BWI ◦ Preparing a DVT and ATP for the prototype TRVS board ◦ Learned how to configure and program the FPGA using the Xilinx Tool ◦ Developed an IBERT verification for the TRVS SERDES ◦ Collaborated with Fellow engineers and Vendor (VECTRON) to work through a discrepancy in the design implementation
• Systems Engineer I&T | San Diego ◦ Verified performance specifications by conducting system and sub-system Acceptance Test Procedures. ◦ Resolved numerous software and hardware issues using system documentation and basic troubleshooting.
- Electronics Engineer at Northrop Grumman Corporation
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Digital Systems
Summery A fully experienced electronics engineer with years of experience in maintenance, installation and servicing functions; in-depth knowledge in managing operations of machines in order to reduce downtime and providing effectively necessary upgrades to the system; an organized and systematized engineer have great ability to troubleshoot and handle multiple tasks especially on tight schedules and deadlines
- A fully experienced electronics engineer at Burroughs Inc
- Field Engineer III at Burroughs Inc
- Slot technician at Soboba casino
- Customer Service Associate at Lowe's Home Improvement Store
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Computer programming language, Visual basic 6
- High School Diploma - General Science
Over 28 years of progressive experience as an Electrical and Fire Control Technician and Logistician. Excellent technical and mechanical abilities. Organized and analyzed factual information. Expertly troubleshot and repaired (both manually and electronically) aircraft systems, ie: turret, fire control and communications systems and RF jammers using schematics, technical manuals, test sets and multimeters and schematics. Used cause and effect and good powers of deductive reasoning. Enjoy a great deal of interaction with the public or groups of people. Posses a current secret security clearance. Computer literate: able to use Microsoft word, Excel and Works. Proficient at Quality Control, Production Control, Logistics and Aviation Management. Familiar with ULLS-A and AMDS during maintenance and quality control functions. Performed troubleshooting and repair of the Warlock Duke System while working overseas. Enjoy a great deal working with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and signal generators to test the fault index. Have used Borescopes to boresight turret systems on AH-1 Cobras and OH-58D 50 cal machine guns. Troubleshot and replaced hydraulic actuators and lines on Cobras, Apaches. Able to use micrometer to measure circumference of aircraft parts. ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN EXPERIENCE Senior Electronics Engineer Dec 12-Jul 2017 Computer Science Corporation, Falls Church, VA Performed testing and troubleshooting of the Warlock Duke system. Used Automatic test equipment to ascertain fault index. Combined the use of oscilloscope, multi-meter, spectrum analyzer and signal generator as well as schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and fix systems. Coordinated with SRCTEK to make changes to manuals, Installed new firmware and configuration files on laptops to test systems and prepare systems for deployment. Perfomed vehicle installs and tested installed systems with the UTS test set for CREW systems. Served as Site Lead while stationed in Kuwait. Prepared and filed reports for Theater Lead. Held Classes and meetings with shop personnel. Ordered supplies. Loaded new firmware onto systems. Ensured customer satisfactions stayed at 100%. Ensured OR rating stayed at 95% or better at all times. Performed duties as assistant shop safety officer.
- Senior Electronics Engineer at Computer Science Corporation
- Electronic Warfare: Computer Engineer/Analyst at JB Management
- Aircraft Electrician at DynCorp
- Production Control Supervisor at U.S. Army
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Continuing Education
Sole electronics resource in the Advanced Development Group responsible for creating innovative concepts and prototypes that also support risk assessment and mitigation before being passed on to NPI Group. Complete product prototypes by collaborating with team members. * Acquired and demonstrated valuable practical experience with multiple 8/16 bit microcontrollers, capacitive touch and proximity sensors, low frequency RF, Bluetooth, solenoid valves, accelerometers, rectifiers, instrumentation amplifiers, and other technologies. * Met with electronics and technology vendors to stay current with new and emerging technologies; improved embedded C skills by utilizing and modifying production firmware to create basic programs for testing and prototypes. * Worked with patent attorney to file patents to protect intellectual property; write patent disclosures and examine prior art patents for IP infringement. * Support current products through Zwave, Zigbee, and home automation system testing with two of the top three major alarm companies. Gained significant experience with both protocols through network packet analyzers and development kits. * Provide hardware support to senior software engineers to implement product revisions, garnering immeasurable hands-on experience with SPI, I2C, USART, Hall Effect Sensors, low dropout regulators, h-bridge, battery discharge characteristics, multiplexing, and PWM motor control. * Accomplished component certification for serial eprom replacement to meet high manufacturing demands, and in the process achieved proficiency with Dx Designer schematic capture tools and PADs PCB layout tools. Transformed design files into working PCBA and 3D CAD files. * Troubleshoot PCBs using oscilloscope, logic analyzers, and IDE tools. Developed substantial skills with PTC/Creo to place electronic 3D PCBAs and connector models into project assembly, thereby increasing production, accuracy, and alleviating the work load from the mechanical engineering team.
- Electronics Engineer at SPECTRUM BRANDS
- Research Officer at REGENCY GENERAL CONTRACTORS
- Fire Systems Inspector at TYCO FIRE PROTECTION
- Store Manager/Online Sales at PACIFIC COAST HOBBIES
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Communications Electronics Research Development & Engineering Command (CERDEC) – Product Realization Directorate (PRD)
• Operated as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and lead systems engineer providing technical, acquisition, and sustainment support for the Family of Electronic Shop Vans (ESVs), AN/ASM-146,147, 189,190 and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) MEP-903A and MEP-952B in the Operations & Support (O&S) phase of the defense acquisition life cycle for the US Army.
• Led a team in performing a Physical Configuration Audit on the ESVs in verifying the configuration baseline for production.
• Led market research efforts on APU parts acquisition program and identified new sources of supply for engine and starter for MEP-952B.
• Served on a Source Selection Evaluation Board as a Technical Evaluator. Evaluated contractor proposals and conferred with evaluation team to determine how well a proposal met the government’s requirements.
• Mentored entry-level engineers by training them to perform the acquisition and sustainment support for their assigned weapon systems
• Prepared Acquisition Requirements Packages to include Market Research, Statement of Work (SOW), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), review and approval of technical documentation, Justification and Approvals (J&A) for other than full and open competition, Acquisition Plans (AP), and other associated documentation for weapon system and spare parts procurements.
• Investigated Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDRs) to determine root causes of supply chain failure and implemented corrective actions.
• Responded to Defense Logistics Agency’s Requests for Engineering Support (DLA 339) on various National Stock Numbers (NSNs) by providing complete Technical Data, additional sources of supply, and/or concurrence with NSN cancellation.
• Maintained configuration control over product technical baselines on assigned weapon systems. Drafted or reviewed Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) on assigned weapon systems to document changes to hardware configuration. Reviewed and approved/disapproved Request for Waiver/Deviations (RFW/RFD) for assigned weapon systems under production.
• Reviewed and commented on army Technical Manuals (TMs) in support of TM revision projects. Developed Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC) for army TMs.
• Reviewed DEMIL challenges on NSNs associated with assigned weapons system. Reviewed United States Munitions List (USML) and Commerce Control List (CCL) to determine proper coding for NSN in accordance with ITAR.
• Performed Independent Government Testing and Desert Cycle Testing on Military Batteries to include loading and unloading test samples into test chambers, installing and ensuring proper connections between test samples and Arbin load banks, creating and running testing programs for batteries in connected to Arbin load banks, provide analysis of test results, and write reports on the test results.
- Electronics Engineer at Communications Electronics Research Development & Engineering Command (CERDEC) – Product Realization Directorate (PRD)
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
PROJECT: AUTOMATIC TEST SET FOR TELEMETRY SYSTEM
PROBLEM(S): 1. The existing testing unit was unreliable and fragile with multiple instruments.
2. It took 45 minutes per system testing and required extensive test equipment and manual control and logging.
TASK: Redesign the test set, ASAP.
SOLUTION: Portable suitcase sized automatic solution.
• Worked with Hardware/Firmware Engineer to design and define the system architecture.
• Worked with Systems Engineer to design/Document the multiple tests, each test sequence, all pass/fail parameters and automatic logging files. SPECIFICS OF SOLUTION:
• DOCUMENTATION: o Existing documentation had errors. o Reviewed all requirements, created a new Design Specification Document. Authored User Manual.
• USER INTERFACE: Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) Amulet Touchscreen Development Kit. o Performed rapid development written in GEMstudios Pro and GEMscript. o Serial interface to the embedded computer.
• EMBEDDED COMPUTER/FIRMWARE: o Utilized COTS evaluation board with an SoC FPGA and board support package (BSP) as the starting point. * Developed all the device drivers to interface with the firmware for the Custom daughter card: 1) Analog-to-digital (ADC) converters; 2) Digital-to-analog (DAC) converters; 3) Mechanical switches; 4) Temperature sensors; 5) Mechanical relays; and 6) Power amplifiers. * Defined/Designed/Coded all the embedded software to handle serial input from USER INTERFACE and the mechanism to control/monitor/evaluate the telemetry system under test. * Designed/coded - Webpage code written in .html and CGI to display test results and manage test files. * UDP and TCP/IP Ethernet interface to additional embedded display computer.
• DISPLAY COMPUTER: o Defined/Designed the requirements for this computer. * Managed the efforts of an additional software engineer to implement this feature. ACCOMPLISHMENT:
• Self-monitoring, self-calibrating test set that generates all the power, analog and digital signals for full unit testing.
• Final system test time reduced to 10 minutes increasing production rates, saving money. 1129 W. Tamarisk Ave. Ridgecrest, CA 93555 US Citizen - Secret Clearance (760)371-5378 [email protected] PROJECT(S): FLIGHT DATA RECORDERS TASK: Design recorder specifically for each unique system. SOLUTION:
• Worked with Hardware/Firmware Engineer to design and define a solution.
• Design/code/test custom OS, device drivers and embedded software.
• Utilized COTS Evaluation boards and custom daughter cards with custom firmware and simulated data rates to confirm embedded OS, device drivers, and multi-threaded C/C++ code. Evaluate operating system loading and refine firmware and software to ensure performance before final data recorder is manufactured.
• Verification/Validation of final printed circuit board design. ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Multiple data recorders using different CPU's such as x86, ARM, SoC FPGA, micro-controllers and DSP chips. Unencrypted and encrypted solutions. PROJECT: WEAPONS SIMULATOR SOFTWARE PROBLEM: Availability of actual weapon system for integration testing with aircraft is limited. TASK: Develop the weapon simulator software that fits the chosen hardware solution. SOLUTION:
• Simulated message traffic of the weapon (1553 and serial) data traffic designed with real-time uC-OS and coded in C/C++ in a soft-core processor in the FPGA.
• Operator inputs/feedback to simulator handled via Ethernet TCP/IP server in the simulator. ACCOMPLISHMENT:
• Final embedded software housed in a portable suitcase size solution. Used in various Naval facilities and DoD contractor facilities. PROJECT: ELECTRONIC SAFE and ARM (ESAD) TEST SET - FIX PROBLEM(S): 1. Tasked with fixing a failing test set because the CLPD became corrupted. TASK: Get the test set fixed ASAP. SOLUTION:
• Original Firmware file was outdated graphical firmware and final version was missing. Only had a BETA version. 1. Converted the firmware to Verilog. 2. Went over the specifications and fixed original timing issues in the firmware. 3. Simulated the solution in ModelSim to ensure accuracy. 4. Documented the firmware and performed proper configuration management steps. ACCOMPLISHMENT:
• Got testing up and running again keeping the production line moving. PROJECT: ESAD TEST SET - REDESIGN PROBLEM(S): 1. The fixed ESAD test set DID NOT perform environmental testing (shock and vibration and profiles) as was required. 2. The testing required manual test sheet entry by the tester, make the test set generate/save test sheets for later printing. TASK: Design/Build a new ESAD tester to test ten ESAD modules at once (previously only one unit was tested). SOLUTION:
• Worked with Hardware Engineer and Systems Engineer to design and define a solution.
• Passed the firmware onto the Hardware Engineer. SPECIFICS OF SOLUTION:
• Utilized a COTS evaluation board with an SoC FPGA.
• Utilized the BSP and golden design as a starting point for the firmware. The hardware engineer designed a custom daughter card with the necessary ADC, temperature sensor and custom intellectual property (IP) for ESAD testing control and results.
• Utilized GIT to obtain, configure and compile a custom linux kernel for the SoC FPGA.
• Generated a custom device tree, designed/coded three device drivers to interface with the firmware.
• Designed/coded - Client/Server C-code to run the tests.
• Solution allowed testing of ten units simultaneously.
• Cut costs and increased production.
• Paperless documentation. 1129 W. Tamarisk Ave. Ridgecrest, CA 93555 US Citizen - Secret Clearance (760)371-5378 [email protected] PROJECT(S): SYSTEMS ENGINEER & DEPUTY PROGRAM LEAD, TARGETS GROUP. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deputy Program Lead:
• Second in command coordinating multiple projects across multiple military services and installations.
• Providing quotes for new business and following through with the customers.
• Managing priorities as they change and coordinate with customers and the targets team.
• Systems Engineer:
• Reviewing designs, coordinating technical needs within programatic budgets and schedules.
• Interfacing with customers to ensure our systems meet the testing requirements.
• Supporting the hardware engineers, software engineers and technicians on the team to obtain the resources needed to support tasking. PROJECT: SENSOR(S) PEDESTAL CONFIGURATION, CONTROL AND RECORD PROBLEM(S): 1. The previous implementation was limited because only one type of sensor could go at one of the specific stations. 2. The original system was damaged in an accident. 3. Budget did not allow for expensive commercial real-time operation system. TASK: Assigned as technical project lead/program manager and software/hardware engineer to coordinate the redesign within budget and on schedule. SOLUTION:
• Defined system architecture. Conducted program reviews.
• Choose RS485 and Ethernet for system configuration and communication. Directed technicians in wiring and configuration.
• Selected RtLinux-PRO to meet real-time needs and remain within budget.
• EIGHT PEDESTAL STATIONS: Modular so that all stations could carry any type of sensor and new sensors could be easily added. o Utilized PC104 computer in housing. Compiled custom RtLinux-PRO Operating System (OS) from source and embedded. Very small footprint (< 160Mbytes). o Designed/Coded software in C-code. Ethernet client for configuration and recording and RS485 driver and threads to handle any sensor. * Each station had the same embedded software allowing for maintainability.
• CONFIGURE/RECORD COMPUTER: Easy to configure and record sensor information (previously used strip charts). o Utilized Windows computer. Designed/Coded GUI C++ code with Visual Studios. Server software communicated with each station as needed. o Implemented real-time viewing, recording capabilities and playback data. Designed/Coded GUI software with Visual Studios and National Instruments Measurement Studios.
• SYSTEM CONTROL COMPUTER: o Utilized Linux computer with RtLinux-PRO and RS485 driver. o Implemented C-code to receive either joystick commands or sensor controlled commands and package for PEDESTAL COMPUTER via RS485 in real-time. o Control computer also had a custom PCI board to receive range information and C-code was implemented to overlay information on a monitor.
• PEDESTAL CONTROL COMPUTER: Worked with control systems engineer to characterize the pedestal and implement the control loop in RtLinux-PRO o Coded real-time software (interrupt driven) in C-code to control pedestal motors and monitor and report azimuth and elevation of the pedestal back to the CONTROL COMPUTER for display on a monitor. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Modular interchangeable operation of sensors. Modular station hardware/software for maintainability. On budget/on schedule. 1129 W. Tamarisk Ave. Ridgecrest, CA 93555 US Citizen - Secret Clearance (760)371-5378 [email protected] PROJECT: INTERFACE TO SPECIAL SENSOR PROBLEM(S): 1. Needed a User Friendly Way to Command and Monitor. 2. Customer currently utilized a rack of test equipment to manually control and monitor sensor status. It was hard to setup and very labor intensive. TASK: Design and Implement a User Friendly Solution SOLUTION:
• Designed a custom ISA Interface PCB to be housed in a Windows PC. Utilized ORCAD to design the circuitry.
• Designed/wrote the firmware (old graphical style). o Utilized JUNGO tools to write a Windows device driver. o Utilized Visual Studios GUI in C++ to design and implement the user GUI. o Implemented the code to interface with the custom device driver to command/control/report sensor status. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Very streamlined, timesaving, user friendly solution.
- ELECTRONICS ENGINEER at NAVAL AIR WEAPONS CENTER
- SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER at TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
34 years at this Job
- MSEE - Digital and Signal Processing
- BA - Mathematics
Responsible for full product development cycles from concept design till the initial mass production
• Work with program manager to control project costs and deliver project on time
• Design and test circuit using various lab equipments including oscilloscope, DMM, power supply, etc.
• Select, test and qualify electrical components
• Perform Prototype bring up, debugging and validation tests
• Design and test product to meet various standards. Work with NRTL to get product certification
• Create and maintain Electrical BOM (Bill of Materials)
• Create design documents, product specifications and test requirements
• Work closely with supply chain for electronics components
• Work with factories to improve manufacture processes and solve manufacture issue
• Work with sourcing, quality and suppliers to ensure product cost and quality
- Electronics Engineer at Phihong USA Corporation
- Software Engineer Intern at Tianjin Zhonghuan System Engineering Co.
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor - Printing Engineering