Certified elementary educator with over 4 years' experience teaching students of many cultures and backgrounds in various programs, schools, and countries.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE ABROAD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SENDAI Sendai, Japan
Lead Teacher March 2017 - December 2018
● Full-time lead teacher to Japanese and international students ages 4-6.
● Created, implemented, and supplemented curricula and lesson plans for literacy, math, music, art, science, and physical education.
● Created and administered assessments facilitating evaluation of students' progress and provided feedback.
● Conferred with parents, teachers, and administrators in order to resolve students' social, developmental, and academic issues.
● Coordinated multiple school-wide events.
● Taught after-school language classes to elementary students of various capabilities.
- Certified elementary educator at ABROAD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SENDAI
- Premier School Teacher at MEYSEN ACADEMY SCHOOLS
- Kennedy Space Center Educator at DELAWARE NORTH
- Teaching Assistant at DUKE UNIVERSITY TIP
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Elementary Education
City, KS. 2017-present Special Education Educator, White Church Elementary, Kansas City,
- Elementary Educator, Frances Willard Elementary, Kansas at State of Kansas Elementary Education K
- Elementary Educator at St. Jeanne De Lestonnac School
- Elementary Educator at Anneliese's School
- Elementary Educator at Riviera Hall Lutheran School
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor - education
Public elementary school serving 680 students, 18 languages, 54% English learners, 93% Free or reduced lunch. Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging instructional activities that facilitate learning while identifying and selecting different resources and methods to meet students' varying needs. Implement reading, writing, and math workshop for a class of over 50% English language learners. Integrate technology with curriculum to support differentiated instruction in all subject areas. Observe and evaluate students' performance and development.
● Plan and facilitate professional development for a staff of 40, supporting their understanding of the intersection of SEL and academics.
● Collaborate with colleagues, review data, and engage in meaningful conversations around student success on the Culture and Climate Committee and Instructional Leadership Team.
- Elementary Educator at Oakland Unified School District
- Mills Teacher Leader and Scholar at Mills College
- English Language and Culture Assistant at Council on International Educational Exchange
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - ENGLISH
TEACHER FOR LEARNING DISABLED STUDENTS (K-5) INCLUSIVE GENERAL EDUCATION TEACHER (2-3) Innovative Educator on yearly observations. Engage and instruct students in all subject areas aligned with the Standards with increasing demand and rigor. Plan and instruct daily, weekly, and long-term goals to move students toward proficiency. Implement and modify behavior modification techniques. Identify student strengths and weaknesses to best meet the individual learning needs.
- ELEMENTARY EDUCATOR at SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
24 years, 9 months at this Job
• Primary teacher for second grade, co-teacher for first grade 2014-2015
• Spanish and art teacher grades first through sixth 2015-2017
• Construct lesson plans, maintain productive classroom atmosphere, communicate information on a variety of levels, assist/substitute for fellow teachers as needed
- Elementary Educator at Leesburg Christian School
- Independent Contractor/Freelance Writer at Roanoke Electric Cooperative and subsidiaries
- Secretary/Treasurer at International English Honors Society Sigma Tau Delta - Alpha Zeta Rho Chapter
- Regional Marketing Coordinator at Roanoke Economic Development Inc
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Religion - Religion
- - Biblical Studies and Missions
- A.A. - Liberal Arts Humanities and Social Science
• Integrated the use of technology into weekly lesson plans
• Communicated with parents and colleagues through emails, phone calls, and letters
• Planned daily instruction incorporating learning strategies and problem solving
• Gave full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Elementary Educator at Oshkosh Area School District
- Elementary Educator at St. John Sacred Heart
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Software Engineer
- B.S. - Elementary Education
Thirteen years of teaching experience in the upper elementary levels.
• Developed and implemented standards based lessons according to Common Core Curriculum Standards
• Building Ambassador for Seesaw Student Learning Portfolio iPad App
• Data Leadership Team Member
• Successfully taught content area using curriculum and programs including the Lucy Calkins Reading and Writing Workshop Model, Guided Reading Groups, Everyday Math, EnVision Math and Big Ideas Math programs
• Communicated with parents and caretakers through e-mail, telephone, newsletters; encouragement of parent participation in classroom and at-home learning activities
• Continued masters credits towards Wisconsin State Reading Licensure.
- Elementary Educator at School District of New Berlin
- Special Education Paraprofessional at School District of Kettle Moraine
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelor's - Communications & Public Speaking
* Collect, Analyze, and Run Data reports and effectively communicate for student success * Responsible for student Education * Problem Resoluton for struggling students
- Elementary Educator at Beaumont ISD
- Payroll/ Accounts Payable/ Insurance Benefits Administrator at Trinity Industrial
- Administrative Assistant at Trinity Industrial/DME Industrial
- Job Cost/Accounts Payable/Payroll at Conex International Corporation
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Fundamentals - Primavera Project Management
- Bachelor - Applied Arts & Sciences
Developing curriculum, organizing materials, leading a cross—functional team, teaching students
- Elementary educator at Agustin public schools, Austin, mn
8 years, 1 month at this Job
• Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that are aligned with the school's overall vision
• Develop and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
• Thoughtfully plan daily lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students, providing extra support, enrichment
• Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and diagnose areas of student misunderstanding
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
• Be accountable for students' academic growth and increase each individual student's achievement
• Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment
• Reflect on successes and areas of growth as a teacher, seek to improve performance, and respond to feedback
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
• Invest parents and families in their children's academic success through regular communication
- Elementary Educator First Grade at Patterson Elementary
- Coach RTI at Patterson Elementary
- at Orchard View School District
- Department Supervisor Associate Support at Home Depot
7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Educational Leadership and Human Development
- Bachelor of Science