Transition to Elementary School to facilitate curriculum review and synchronization of PA Common Core with district curriculum to
improve instruction and assessment.
• District team member and SAS workshop participant: Leading For Excellence and Equity Consortium
• Partner with the local community members of Susquehanna Service Dogs to bring service dogs into classrooms for the academic and social benefit of our students.
• District Technology Working Committee: Evaluate current technology offerings and recommend revisions for hardware and software programs
- Assistant Elementary School Principal at Elementary School
- Assistant Middle School Principal at
- Coordinator, Master of Science Education Program at Olweus Planning Committee
- Middle School Science Teacher at Central Dauphin School District
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. Biology - Science
- Certificate - Secindary Education - Secondary Education
- ME.D - Educational Leadership and Management
- Ed.D - Educational Leadership and Management
Prior to working as a Principal I taught for eighteen years In Elementary School both in E.S.E. and General Education. I recently retired from the School District after serving thirty-six years.
- Elementary School Principal at Palm Beach County School District
17 years, 11 months at this Job
• Middle School Assistant Principal
• 5th Grade Teacher Ascension Parish Schools; Donaldsonville, LA
• 5th Grade Math & Science Mentor Teacher St. James Parish Schools; Paulina, LA
• 6th Grade Science Teacher
• 5th Grade Science Teacher Wilkinson County Schools; Centreville, MS
• 1st Grade Teacher
• 4th Grade Teacher McComb Schools; McComb, MS 5th Grade Teacher
- Elementary School Principal at Laurel School District
13 years, 10 months at this Job
- Educational Specialist - Leadership
- Masters of Education - Education
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education
• Created and Implemented Literacy Across All Levels Professional Development Plan with focus areas including: The Danielson Framework, School Performance Profile, Depth of Knowledge Questioning, Novel Based Approach to ELA, analyzing PVAAS, Creating Common Assessments using EdInsight Assessment Builder, Designing Student Learning Outcomes, ELA Curriculum Development and Implementation.
• Created new master schedule which includes 8 intervention/enrichment periods per week (34 minutes per period).
• Collaborated with ELA team in writing new ELA curriculum that is standards-based and follows a novel-based approach in grades 4 - 6.
• Collaborated with ELA teachers and The Institute for Learning (University of Pittsburgh) to implement best practices in ELA classrooms.
• Created an online professional development system and document repository for teachers using Google Sites.
• Worked collaboratively with district administrators on developing the Peters Township School District Comprehensive Plan.
• Collaborated with Reading Specialists and core subject teachers on the development of a "Tiered Decision Tree" that prescribes interventions or enrichment for students.
• Led school through 6.2-million-dollar interior renovation resulting in additional roles including being an active participant in the project with the main focus of assuring student and building safety. Collaborated with contractors, central office, and custodial staff regarding the scope and completion of the renovation while developing a timeline and trainings for teachers regarding room clean up and preparedness for summer work.
- McMurray Elementary School (Principal) at Peters Township School District - McMurray Elementary School
- Neil Armstrong Middle School (Principal) at Bethel Park School District - Neil Armstrong Middle School
- Assistant Principal at Bethel Park School District - Neil Armstrong Middle School
- Assistant Principal at Pittsburgh Public Schools
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Administrative Program for Principals
Conduct operational tasks at a Title 1 school. Hire and evaluate teachers. Write and implement strategic plans. Develop professional development to support school-wide priorities. Observe and coach teachers in implementing high-leverage instructional strategies. Analyze and monitor student achievement data. Conduct parent meetings and workshops. Collaborate with district and community partners. Support Professional Learning Communities and teacher collaboration. Maintain safety at school site. Monitor student attendance. Create and implement school site budget.
- Elementary School Principal at Oakland Unified School District
- Summer Learning Principal at Oakland Unified School District
- Literacy Coach at La Escuelita TK-8 Oakland Unified School District
- SB472 Trainer at Open Court Reading/Foro Abierto
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's in Education-Instructional Leadership - Education
- Master's of Science in Education
- Bachelor's of Arts in Spanish - Spanish
• Develop and oversee a master schedule for the building
• Supervise and evaluate teachers
• Supervise AmeriCorps members
• Coordinate the budget for academics and student activities
• Implement and enforce student discipline and code of conduct
• Communicate and coordinate with the Transportation Director and Buildings and Grounds Director
• Participate in IEP meetings
• Coordinate and oversee student 504 Plans
• Coordinate Title/Federal Programs
• Oversee the Title/Federal Programs Audit
• Write and manage consolidated grants in the egrant system
• Design and deliver professional development related to district goals
• Organize student assemblies
• Participate on the IST team
• Participate on the Core team for SWPBS
• Conduct both formal and informal walkthroughs
• Conduct formal observations through the PA-ETEP system
• Coordinate PSSA exams
• Manage KtO Grant data
• Communicate with parents/guardians regarding their concerns
• Safety Mechanics training
• Coordinate the Spartan Bread Basket Program
- Elementary School Principal at Laurel Elementary School
- Secondary School Principal at Laurel Junior/Senior High School
- Secondary School Counselor at Laurel School District
- Secondary Principal Internship at Laurel School District
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Educational Leadership Degree - Administration
- Master of Education Degree - School Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Mathematics/Secondary
- Retired Elementary School Principal at Wayne Highlands School District
- Elementary School Principal at Wayne Highlands School District
- Instructional Services Coordinator at Wayne Highlands School District
- Assistant Principal at Wayne Highlands School District
at this Job
- Master's - Educational Administration Elementary/Secondary
- Bachelor's - Biology
- Letter of Eligibility School Superintendent - Educational Administration
Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems. Enforce discipline and attendance rules. Collaborate with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives. Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed. Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff. Evaluate curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and utilization, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations. Set educational standards and goals, and help establish policies and procedures to carry them out. Plan and lead professional development activities for teachers, administrators, and support staff. Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment, and authorize purchases. Review and approve new programs, or recommend modifications to existing programs, submitting program proposals for school board approval as necessary. Participate in special education-related activities such as attending meetings and providing support to special educators throughout the district. Develop partnerships with businesses, communities, and other organizations to help meet identified educational needs and to provide school-to-work programs. Collect and analyze survey data, regulatory information, and data on demographic and employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and curriculum change needs.
- Elementary School Principal at Blue Ridge Unified School District
- Assistant Principal/ Dean of Students at Blue Ridge High School
- Assistant Principal/ Athletic Director at Blue Ridge High School
- Alternative Education Director at Blue Ridge Unified School District
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Educational Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Health Related Professions
• Provide instructional leadership to instructional personnel to embrace instructional strategies which supports the implementation of exemplary strategies and performance focused on student growth as evidenced by Collaborative Planning, Formal and Informal Observations, and differentiated Professional Development opportunities
• Supporting staff and student learning around the College and Career Readiness Standards to demonstrate growth as evidenced by PARCC-like tasks and rigorous instructional protocols
• Use of Val-Ed and Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) to support and demonstrate foundational principles of leadership to guide the learning, achievement, and development of student learners, as well as adult learners in the overall school community
• Utilize and analyze multiple data sources to determine the planning, implementation, and monitoring of instruction through the use of various models: Framework for Teaching, Collaborative Analysis of Student Learning, and the Data Wise School Improvement Process
• Embed the District's Coherence Framework into the mission, vision, and daily operation of the organization
• Maintain an educational philosophy and school climate which encourages a cooperative culture for staff and students
• Maintain a standard of student behavior designed to encourage respect, minimize school and classroom interruptions, and foster a safe and orderly environment through the PBIS model (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
• Provide pathways for college and career awareness through focused activities designed to teach, encourage, and support future planning of students and families
• Counseling and providing growth opportunities for professional staff centered on continued education, membership in professional organizations, professional opportunities within the District
• Fostering Community and Business Partnerships by representing the organization in community forums to support the academic, social, and economic needs of the school community
• Supporting home-school partnerships through frequent communication pathways, parent academies to increase understanding around curriculum expectations, open house events, and volunteer opportunities
• Maintain oversight of various funding sources to ensure appropriate use, allocation, and record keeping protocols
- Elementary School Principal at Robert R. Gray ES
- Assistant Principal at Robert R. Gray ES
- Classroom Teacher at Prince George's County Public Schools
- Reading Resource Teacher at Robert R. Gray ES
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Ed.D - Instructional Leadership
- MS - Administration and Supervision
- BS - Elementary Education
• Created expectations regarding the use of Professional Learning Community time including agendas, minutes and focus, using Learning By Doing as a guide.
• Developed systematic "Intervention Process" for school wide common language and clarity with meeting the needs of struggling students.
• Formalized data meeting process where discussions, deep analysis, honest dialogue and hard work resulted in instructional changes/improvement/sharing of effective practices.
• Connected achievement data with instructional practices and celebrated progress.
• Developed a schedule and process for regular classroom walk-throughs as a foundation for professional conversations, feedback, Professional Development guidance and showcasing of our work.
• Created opportunities for teachers to observe each other and extend their learning and reflection beyond their own classroom.
• Established teacher leadership in identifying and engaging in best practices around academic and social emotional strategies/interventions for children.
• Fostered a comprehensive "Growth Mindset" philosophy.
• Created a collective vision for our school that connected to the District Mission and promoted a culture of continuous improvement.
• Fostered an environment where we celebrated progress, effort and success.
• Collaborated with all stakeholders, including parents, in the best interest of students.
- Elementary School Principal at Arlington Central School District
- Elementary School Principal at Wayland-Cohocton School District
- Administrative Professional Development Specialist, SETRC/NYSED at Dutchess BOCES
- First Grade Teacher, Arthur S. May School at Arlington Central School District
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Leadership and Administration
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology - Educational Psychology
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology - Psychology