Eligibility Worker, Customer Service Representative, Client Interviewer, Data Entry, Documentation Verification.
- Eligibility Worker at State of Arizona
- Customer Service Representative at AAA Auto Club Group
- Clinical Service Representative at Henry Ford Healthcare System
- Manager at Saturn Super Foods
7 months at this Job
- Associate in Medical Practice Facility Business Management - Medical Practice Facility Business Management
As an Eligibilty Worker assistant I was responsible for completing case work assigned to me directly by an Eligibility Worker employed by the State of California-Los Angeles District. Duties included calling individual recepients of Calworks & GR benefits notifying them of upcoming appointments as well as informing them of what documents would be needed in order to complete the application process for approval. I also organized case files and made Medi-Cal and Mental Health packets to be prepared and kept in stock for all Eligibilty Workers.
- Eligibility Worker Assistant at SOUTHBAY WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD
- Mail Handler at UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
- Crew Leader at CA CONSERVATION CORPS
- Transporation Security Officer at TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency In this advanced Eligibility Worker position, it was my responsibility to determine initial eligibility for Calworks, Calfresh, Medi-Cal and Covered CA. I conducted face to face interviews and assessed clients' eligibility based on income, immigration status, rental/living expenses and property. It was my responsibility to thoroughly explain rights and responsibilities to my clients, grant access to EBT (Eligibility Benefit Card), referred clients to vocational services when applicable. Scenarios vary on a case by case basis. Calworks, Calfresh, Medi-Cal & Covered CA all have different eligibility requirements and timelines. It was my duty to assess the household composition and based on the program my client applied for I would then move forward with requesting all applicable documents necessary to determine benefits eligibility. In addition, I would offer further services if the client appeared potentially eligible. When necessary, I made collateral contact with various businesses to confirm information provided by my clients. If information provided by client was discrepant or if I assessed my client may not be truthful in order to appear eligible for benefits, I initiated a fraud investigation. I was independently responsible from start to finish with my cases and ensured aid codes, budget and benefits were appropriately issued. When the time came to transfer my cases, I composed a thorough case summary on the household composition and how I determined their benefits.
- Eligibility Worker III at Intake
- Eligibility Worker II at County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency
- Customer Services Technician at County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency
- Clerk Typist at County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency
8 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
2100 Washington Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22204 United States
05/2016 - Present
Hours per week: 40
Eligibility Worker Determines eligibility for Virginia Child Care Subsidy Service Program and conducting face-to-face intake interviews according to Federal, State, and Local guidelines. Explains Virginia Child Care Subsidy Service Program eligibility guidelines, application and appeal procedures to program applicants, authorized representatives, advocates, human service clinicians and providers, and the general public. Gathers and analyzes information collected from automated databases such as Social Security Administration-State Verification & Exchange System, Virginia Employment Commission, The Work Number, Virginia Department of Social Services-Division of Child Support Enforcement Interface and Virginia Immunization Information System.
• Interprets and applying complex program guidelines to ensure accurate and timely processing of applications and annual case reviews.
• Enters collected data and client information into the Virginia Case Management System to open and maintain electronic case records.
• Collaborates with human service, education professionals and community agencies to coordinate wrap-around services for clients.
• Securing the purchase of child care services for eligible clients and submitting the purchase of service order authorizing child care services.
• Re-evaluating client's eligibility and need for child care services, annually.
• Maintains compliance with administrative requirements outlined in program guidelines.
• Represents the Child Care Subsidy Unit at community meetings regarding the Arlington County Child Care Initiative. Program Support
• Participated in the development of project plans, operating plans, and supporting budgets: determining scope, methods, and resource requirements and schedules for projects. Provided input to requirements statements for acquisition and participated in technical evaluations.
• Provided management advice, guidance, and assistance to management officials, supervisors, etc. Used qualitative and quantitative methods to assess progress toward organizational goals and objectives. Developed, implemented, directed and managed projects and administrative operations; established priorities, and meeting deadlines for a full range of activities to include short and long-range planning, budget forecasting tracking and reporting. Key Achievements
• Child Care Subsidy Service Program case sampling approval accuracy rating of 93%.
• Child Care Subsidy Service Program application processing accuracy rating of 98%.
• Child Care Subsidy Service Program re-determination processing accuracy rating of 98%.
• Overall timeliness rating of 98%.
• FFY 2017 Child Care Subsidy Program Payment Accuracy Review compliance rating of 100% (3-member unit)
- Eligibility Worker at Arlington County Department of Human Services
- Family Investment Specialist II at Maryland Department of Human Resources-Charles County Department of Social Services
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
• Eligibility worker, mentor, and lead for Medi-Cal and CalFresh dual programs that conducts case reviews and audits, and determines accuracy and completeness of eligibility regulations and departmental procedures.
• Graduate of the Leadership Development Program and active participant of business process workgroups.
• Read, understand and apply complex regulations and business processes while determining program eligibility.
• Utilize contemporary operating systems and record keeping systems for record and data entry.
• Conduct skilled interviews to elicit information concerning income, financial resources and personal information.
• Establish and maintain relationships while communicating with applicants and clients of various backgrounds.
- Eligibility Worker III at Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services
- Marketing Associate at California Imaging Institute
- Account Manager at Ferrellgas Propane Company
- Secretarial Assistant at Baradat, Edwards & Paboojian Law Office
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership and Management
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
91761 909-933-5723 Eligibility Worker Duties Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: * Interview applicants for and recipients of, one or more aid categories to assist them in the completion and clarification of the prescribed application and declaration forms upon which eligibility decisions are based. * Conduct such interviews in a Transitional Assistance Department office, private homes, hospitals, nursing homes or other locations outside of the department office. * Elicit pertinent information concerning such items as income, employment, other resources, and financial obligations from applicants and recipients. * Review applications and declarations for completeness and consistency; participate in error identification, analysis, prevention and corrective action. * Assist applicants and recipients to obtain additional information and resolve discrepancies in the applications and declarations by investigation via telephone, correspondence or in person. * Determine eligibility in accordance with a variety of state and county procedures; authorize cash, and/or medical or Food Stamp assistance. * Record information for case records; interpret program regulations and other pertinent material to applicants, recipients and the general public. * Compute amount of grant or the amount of liability authorized and perform other similar required computations. * Refer all applicants and recipients who appear to need social services to designated social work staff members after completing the appropriate referral form. * Participate in problem-solving processes. * Provide vacation and temporary relief as required.
- Eligibility Worker II at County of San Bernardino
- Operations Supervisor at Cynthia Barajas
- Operations Supervisor/ Shipping Clerk at Gracelock Logistics /Smart Living Company
- Shipping Clerk at Gracelock Logistics /Smart Living Company
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - General Studies
Eligibility Worker II at the Customer Service Center answering customer calls, answering customer questions, trouble shooting cases, and processing benefits for the CalWORKs and CalFresh programs adhering to error reduction.
- Eligibility Worker II at County of San Bernardino Transitional Assitance Department
- Data Entry Clerk/Receptionis/Unit Secretary at Loma Linda University Health System
- Patient Service Representative at Medassist Solutions
- Health Service Assistant/Case Manager at County of San Bernardino Publuc Health Dept
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting - Allied Health
• Interviewed recipients at specified intervals to certify eligibility for benefits
• Interpreted and explained information such as eligibility requirements, application details, and applicants' legal rights over the phone
• Compiled, recorded and evaluated personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine eligibility status
• Interviewed and investigated applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications
• Provided customers with assistance in completing paperwork
- ELIGIBILITY WORKER at THE GALT FOUNDATION
- HUMAN SERVICES SPECIALIST II at OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY
- Collections Representative at Manpower
- Customer Service Representative at T-Mobile USA
6 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - HUMAN SERVICES
for San Francisco City and County
• Bedside interview of all patients and families for eligibility of medical services post trauma care
• Spanish interviews to native Spanish-speaking patients
• Coordination of admission and transfer of patients to health care facilities
• EMR documentation, EpicTM, Cerner Powerchart, insurance verification, ICD codes
- Eligibility Worker at Emergency Dept. at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Nursing
• Key and process various type of Medicaid forms with a high degree of quality
• Determine Medicaid Eligibility
• Verify information using various systems provided(PSC or The Work Number)
• Complete incomplete Medicaid application by conducting out going telephone calls to verify information provided
• Complete application in timely manner and adhering to all state and federal guidelines
- Eligibility Worker at Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
- Customer Service Advocate at Kelly Services
- Customer Service Associate at Carolina Payday Loans, Inc
- Intern at State Employees Credit Union
11 months at this Job