Worked in a 7-member team to develop and improve Raven, the robotic autonomous cameraman. ◆ Won the Stanford Bases Challenge (Consumer Category) against 30 startups in the category. ◆ Improved the prototype product by researching and testing embedded boards and algorithms to handle prototype tasks and first rudimentary algorithm. ◆ Optimized computer vision algorithm from 12 fps to 18 fps for 2nd and 3rd prototype, very close to real time. Learned CUDA architecture in depth to offload parallel CPU tasks to GPU. ◆ Created a custom root-file system and kernel that was 10% size of the full, off-the-shelf OS. Memory and processing power savings were the first step in downscaling size and creating a one-piece physical prototype. ◆ Rendered a 2D image display that saved the algorithm 5ms and improved performance to 20fps. Learned OpenGL API to use CUDA interoperability properties of the GPU for display rendering. ◆ Gave product pitch in Silicon Valley Chinese Business Association to a group of 50 high-ranking executives.
- Embedded Developer at Reflex Robotics
- Researcher (Software Defined Radio) at San Jose State University
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certification - Extension
- - Ms Electrical Engineering
- BSc - Electrical Engineering
Summary: embedded systems providing fire and burglary alarm products on specialized hardware using the ARM9 processor.
• Developed a kernel-level driver to send and receive radio packets to a CMX867A Modem by invoking the spidev32766 driver's ioctl() services from kernel space.
• Developed enhancements to linux u-boot, at91boot bootstrap for external HW watchdog.
• Developed AES specific patches to Linux kernel, Device Tree file (dtb), buildroot file system, buildroot packages.
• Developed product specific features for hardware components wired to GPIO pins on the arm processor for zone boards, leds, and power monitoring (serial, I2C, EEPROM, LCD, SPI bus, and ADC)
• Developed network client application to receive radio traffic from a mesh radio network and send to a TCP/IP network server (packet buffering, encrypting, forwarding, also managed server fail-overs to alternate servers).
• Developed a TCP/IP application server for socket based keypad clients. This enabled virtual keypad clients on remote systems to access alarm panels that were connected to a burglary alarm product. Skills: C, Linux 3.16, Linux 4.4, SAM9G ARM9,
- Embedded Developer at AES Corporation
- Principal Software Engineer - Windows at EMC
- Principal Software Engineer at Linux Kernel
- Principal Software Engineer at Neartek, Inc
3 years, 11 months at this Job
Primary target platform Arm9, Arm7, X86, Android. Worked as part of a team developing an Android application to configure remote devices. Designed and implemented code in Java and Python for creating, testing, and analyzing sqlite databases. Wrote application to translate, send, and receive encrypted Google protocol buffers over a bluetooth link between embedded devices and android phones. Wrote application to generate digital audio waves with a fluctuating pulse and frequency corresponding to device proximity. Wrote multiple perl and python and bash shell scripts for release engineering of builds. Wrote numerous shell scripts for general use in the embedded operation system. Wrote and edited Makefiles for C/C++ projects. Ported and configured multiple apps to home grown arm based Linux embedded system. Wrote applications on Android for generating wavs. Used GNU C/C++, Python, Perl, Lua, Bash Shell Script, Eclipse and Android Studio with Java. Worked on custom embedded Linux platform on Arm with Uboot and various Android based phones.
- Software Engineer/ Embedded Developer/ Linux System Engineer at KEYW CORPORATION
- Data Analyst /Conversion Programmer/ ETL engineer/ Unix System Engineer at SAGE HEALTH CARE
- Software Engineer, Embedded Developer/ Linux System Engineer at FORTRESS TECHNOLOGIES INC
- Programmer at FEDERAL EXPRESS CORPORATION
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
- Qt Embedded Developer at Sciton
- Qt Embedded UI Developer at Sciton
- Qt UI Software engineer at Presence
- Qt Application Developer at Google
7 months at this Job
- AS - Computer Science & Electronics
- AA - Electronics
Co-founded startup named SERVESTER, where we Developed and Sold Smart Vending Machines ▬ Undertook end to end responsibilities of product engineering, system design and analysis, debugging, microcontroller coding, simulation testing, PCB Designing, product assembly and stress testing ▬ Made significant contributions in the business modelling, concept validation and consumer base acquisition ▬ Developed a cashless Smart Vending Machine with a capacity of 100 products featuring an online payment, an advertisement screen and a system that secured the online communication of the machine to the server with a 128 Bit encryption algorithm ▬ Deployed several Smart Vending Machines in Rajasthan IT Day 2018 for dispensing goodies to participants of Hackathon ▬ Designed and Deployed "Stationery Vending Machine" with a closed loop control system for coin detection and a real-time inventory check mechanism. These machines sold around 16,000 units of stationery products over a period of 4 months
- Embedded Developer at Automation Solutions Tech India Pvt. Ltd (Co-Founder)
- Product Developer at Wunderkind Info Tech
- Trainee at Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
- Project Developer at Aarmon Tech
2 years at this Job
- Master's in Computer Engineering - Embedded Systems
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Senior Embedded Developer - Software Engineer at HCL Technologies
- Professor and Head of the Department at Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GNITS
- Adjunct/Teaching Professor at North Carolina State University
- Professor at Dept. of Electronics and Telematics, GNITS
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Object Oriented Programming
- Ph.D. - E.E
- M.S. - E.E
- M.Tech. - E.E
- - B.Engg
• Firmware software development for Texas Instruments (TI) controller- TMS320F28069
• Design and development of low level drivers like ADC, PWM, Watchdog, etc. for TI Controller
• Diagnostics of Microcontroller: Registers stuck, ALU stuck, Clock fail, CAN bus fail
• Development of stack for communication protocols like CAN, J1939, CANOpen
- Software Engineer - Embedded Developer at KPIT TECHNOLOGIES
- communication standard between charger and BMS at EVDC Charging
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MS in Electrical Engineering - Hybrid Electric
- BE in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering - Advanced Automotive Electronics
HMI Dashboard design Interface :
• Developed Wireframes for Hmi dashboards.
• Driver authentication with Hmi local credentials developed with embedded c and with device communication credentials using Rs 232.
• UI development for hmi vehicle onboard diagnostics and telematics communications process.
• Facilitated Rs232,Rs485 communication with G2021Es embedded hardware for diagnostics process.
• Embedded driver development in bash to act as a server to serve hmi connected to G2021ES embedded linux Pc.
• Defined and integrated role algorithms on hmi to facilitate different levels of role Login authentication. Bluetooth Driver for G2021ES:
• Cross compilation of Bluez library for Embedded Linux.
• Bluetooth service initiation and intercommunication with Embedded periferals.
• Control of embedded peripherals with bluetooth received command.
• Authentication process algorithm development of the devices connected via bluetooth.
• Session implimentation for communication based on the type of the device connected.
• Design wireframes, UI and UX for android app by which we can communicate with G2021Es embedded Linux Pc.
• Developed Push notifications, control process and configuration of G2021ES using android mobile. Telematics Driver for Teltonika Obd devices:
• Market research for optimal solution based on the fleet managers financial and technical capabilities.
• Optimal customer solution based on thier requirement for customer centric solution.
• Developed driver to listen on TCP/Ip and recive data from automotive field devices.
• Handelled multi threadded data communication for thousands of devices without data loss.
• Maintain code and flow avoiding memory leakage on the server.
• Dynamic CRC check on data received and authentication of the data packet and segregation of data with various levels such as heart beat, fault data and alarms.
• Concatinate data packets in user readable csv and json data.
• Data cleansing of the csv data to be consumable for analytics service.
• Configured feild devices with appropriate settings with designated testing patterns. Ip camera integration with G2021ES:
• Cross-compiled Ffmpeg live streaming server video capture application for embedded linux.
• Developed user specific application for optimised deliverable solution.
• Implimented Http upoload to server on motion detection or with user specific command.
• Developed Http receiver code in embedded server to receive motion detection shots.
• Implimented algorithm and code to upload motion detection image to microsoft azure Iothub.
• Scaling power requirement and switching power from embedded device for the ip camera.
• Implimented full scale user application to fulfill user requirements.
• Implimented and executed full remote deployement and flexible remote configuration. LoraWan integration:
• Implimented LoraWan stack in embedded c, compiled and deployed for end node.
• Programmed receiver gateway in arduino to access gateway’s bridge and to receive data packets from end node.
• Developed shell scripts to decrypt Lorawan data packet.
• Noramlization of decoded data to json format to be consumed by microsoft azure iothub service.
• Implimented Adc, and Dac onboard end nodes to be encoded to data packets.
• Multiple sensor integration(Analog, I2c, Uart) with end node.
- Embedded Firmware Developer at Pacific Controls Inc
- Embedded Developer at Plmr Embedded Solutions
- Application Engineer at Marque Electronics
- Associate Developer at Assure Global Solutions
2 years at this Job
- Masters in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electronics and communications
• Embedded developer on the Research and Development team.
• Developed an Automated Resource monitoring system using UHF-RFID module.
• Interfaced Raspberry pi with the module to relay tracked RFID tag numbers with time and location stamps.
• Created a C program to automate a line follower bot to move in a set path around the manufacturing areas.
- Automation Engineer Internship at Siechem Technologies Pvt Limited
- Automation Engineer Internship at Siechem Technologies Pvt Limited
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Electical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
11 years of experience in Embedded Systems Design and Development with roles ranging from Analyst to Lead. Experienced in Medical, RF, Consumer Appliances (IOT), Automotive & Telecom Industries. Expertise in Low Level Firmware/Device driver development. Application Software Development using C, C++, and Python languages. Experience on Boost Libraries. Developed various device interfaces using 8, 16, 32-bit controller architectures. Excellent experience in interfacing of various Devices via ADC, Sensors, Display, Motors, Encoders, Key Matrix, Traic Gated devices etc. I am proficient with RTOS QNX, Nucleus, Green Hills Integrity, and QF. I have worked on various Communication Protocols via I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Zigbee, RF Wireless and, SONET. Very efficient in Board Bring up, Hardware Diagnosis, Bench Testing and SW debugging. I am very efficient in Datasheets, Schematics study and in PCB viewing. Fluent using Emulators, JTAG (also worked on Boundary Scan Techniques using Cascon Galaxy), Oscilloscope, DMM, Signal Analyzer, and Frequency Generator.
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Abbott Diabetic Care (Contractor)
- Embedded SW at Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Senior Engineer at Tech Mahindra
- Senior Engineer at Fibcom India Limited
10 months at this Job