A number of short term assignments, three months or less, are not included here. April 2016 - Present Unable to disclose company due to contract requirements, Embedded Software Engineer Working on a real time system to control a mechanical device. All software is being developed in C on an Infineon TriCore processor. Details will be revealed once this contract ends.
- Embedded Software Engineer at
- Software engineer at Caterpillar
- Whirlpool (contract) Embedded Software Engineer at
- Embedded Software Engineer at General Electric
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- AS degree - Computer Science
• At BWXT I am a part of a team of design engineers building complex robotic solutions for high radiation areas.
• Lead Engineer on a project where I created, designed, and built a magnetic crawling inspection robot. This included all electrical, software, and controls systems. The system was declared the most reliable and cost effective solution in the fleet. Included 6 DOF IMU, PTZ camera, motor controls, remote uplink, etc.
• Used OpenCV to create complex positional awareness algorithms for tube sheet crawling robots. Using a single camera and open CV, the robot can track its position based on initial information and repeating patterns.
• Led the effort to move the machine shop from manual machining to CAM based machining.
• Created CAM solutions to complex machined parts and operated a Haas VF6 to create these parts.
• Developed a single application to control and automate the complex task of nuclear secondary side inspections. This required me to reverse engineer numerous product network communications.
• Lead electrical/software designer for proprietary extremely complex underwater CNC delivery platform. Yearlong effort to design prototype.
• Embedded Linux development on Nvidia Jetson Tx2 for machine learning and computer vision. Multiple MIPI CSI-2 cameras for stitching and MV
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at BWXT
- Sr Computer Engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Software Engineer at Lockheed Martin
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Engineering
Medical devices industry.
Sep 2015 - Now. Senior Embedded Software Engineer. C++98/03, Code Reviewing, Code Analysis,
Architectural and OO Design, Embedded Linux on ARM, chroot , LTIB , Ubuntu 12.04, 16.04 on PC.
● For Code Reviewing got a reputation of a "Human Debugger" and a "Live Static Analyzer".
● Introduced to the team (and has written memos about how to use) ○ the Dynamic Analysis (valgrind); ○ Core Dump (Crash Dump) Analysis; ○ Command line Remote Debugging (using ' gdb --tui 'and 'gdbserver') of the code running on ARM, including attaching to a running process, multithreading and multiprocessing debugging; ○ Postmortem Stack Printing upon assert and crash, showing a message in case of stack overflow.
● Redesigned the C++98/03 Thread class hierarchy (based on POSIX Threads) for the reliable thread termination and to be closer to the C++11 Concurrency API.
● Redesigned the Timers for the reliable timer stopping upon app shutdown.
● Wrote numerous Memos, Documentation/Instruction pages, UML-Diagrams (in gliffy).
● Triggered raising the compiler warning level in the team.
● Convinced the team in a strong need for transitioning to C++11 or newer
● Educated the team about the following tools: ○ uftrace function call tracer, especially useful for run-time multithreading bug analysis (video 6:05); ○ Compiler Explorer on-line compiler and disassembler, multiple compilers (video 1:15:45), especially useful for feature support and portability estimation; ○ Visual Studio Code free light-weight multi-platform IDE (1:33:26).
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Physio-Control (Stryker company)
- Software Engineer II. C/C++ at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer in Test II at Microsoft
- Advisory Software Engineer, Team Lead at IBM
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
Responsible for designing and implementing User Interface for an embedded medical device in C++ using MVP/MVC patterns in a message/event driven framework. Designed and developed embedded graphical user interfaces software based on specifications which can run on both host and target platforms. Designed and implemented state machine to handle user UI event and other tasks events and to manage views. Implemented an embedded user interface to support Internationalization and Localization; developed infrastructure in the device for loading different language strings and fonts from external storage and from a host. Created user interface software by collaborating with usability engineering. Implemented the embedded user interface simulator for supporting usability testing. Created unit test cases and perform unit testing. Analyzing software defects, identifying root cause, and implementing corrective actions. Performed design reviews, code reviews and unit, integration test reviews, and track and implement review action items. Created requirements and software design documents; ensure all product embedded software is developed in accordance with department's software process.
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Inovio Pharmaceuticals
- Sr. Linux/Android SW Engineer, IoT at Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc
- Sr. SW/SV Engineer, Component Design Engineer at Intel Corporation
- at Intel Corporation
7 months at this Job
- M.S. - Mathematics
- B.S. - Materials science and engineering
Developed the embedded software for Propaq Monitor Defibrillator. The hardware platform for this product consisted of two 32-bit PXA270 XScale processors running Green Hill's Integrity OS and using Peg from Swell Software for user interface and printer elements. Responsibilities included: * Integrating the OTS Nellcor SpO2 and Oridion CO2 modules into the Propaq device * Designing and developing the software for the thermal printer, user interface, dual processor communication interface, foreign language support, data logging, USB log transfer, USB software updating * Designing and developing PC applications using Visual C++ to assist in the build procedure * Developing Visual Basic macros in Excel to generate C++ code from data tables * Developed software requirements, software test protocols and generated tracing in IBM DOORS * Responsible for creating software test plans and test reports and oversaw execution of testing
- Principle Embedded Software Engineer at Zoll Medical Corporation
- Principle Embedded Software Engineer at Continental Automotive
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Baxter Healthcare
- Staff Engineer at Intelligent Paradigm
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Engineering
Embedded software development for automotive electronics and ECUs
● Worked with microcontroller peripherals, communication protocols, a2d sampling, control algorithms (state machines, PI-based control loops, brushless motor control algorithms)
● LIN/CAN automotive bus communication protocols
● Daily communication with customer through technical meetings and discussions
● Adhere to high quality standards and strict software process (coding standards, reviews, documentation, inter-departmental communication)
● Travel on-site to domestic and overseas production locations to analyze and diagnose technical issues
● Assisted in training new-hires
- Embedded Software Engineer at Omron Automotive Electronics
- Research Assistant at Undergraduate Research - University of Illinois at Chicago
- at Senior Design Project - University of Illinois at Chicago
- Internship- Layout Engineer at Tezzaron Semiconductor
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering - Computer Engineering
· Design and implement embedded software for HVAC systems · Validate multi-threaded embedded designs via unit testing · Utilize best software practices to create reusable designs · Document and plan projects via IBM Jazz Tool Suite
- Embedded Software Engineer at Carrier Corporation
- SoC Hardware Design Team at Purdue University
- Sensor Hub - Senior Design IoT Project at Purdue University
- SDRAM Controller at Purdue
7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering with Distinction (GPA: 3.87 / 4.00)
Board bring-up for safety systems to include:
• NXP Coldfire microcontroller Hardware exerciser embedded software using Green Hills Multi IDE.
• Arm 4RF microcontrollers hardware exerciser C/C++ embedded software development.
• Dual processor and lock step mode.
• Bare metal, real time OS(RTOS), and Linux environments.
• Debug C/C+ and assembly modes.
• Flash memory driver software development.
• Ethernet PHY configuration and software driver development.
• Eeprom software driver implementation.
• Serial Debug Interface (UART/ETHERNET) implementation
• Memory software driver development.
• SPI serial interface software development.
• Digital and Analog IO board software development.
• Watch Dog, Emergency shut-down and Voltage monitor hardware exerciser software development.
• Board bring-up debug and troubleshooting hardware exerciser full implementation.
• ClearCase and Bitbucket source code repository and SCM version control.
- Embedded Software Engineer III at Honeywell Forth
- Embedded SW Developer at Apex Systems/Comcast
- Software Engineer at Ametek Drexelbrook Horsham PA
- Embedded Systems Software Engineer at Globus Medical Audubon PA
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Review functional requirements documented in Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS) and provide feedback to requirements authors improve clarity or consistency with established GM requirements strategies. Collaborate with requirements authors and other stakeholders as needed to ensure high quality, executable Subsystem requirements. * Working on CAN, LIN and Ethernet protocols. * Working on CAN network signal database (dbc files). * Allocation of sub-functions to the ECUs development process. * Also working on different automotive networking protocols like GMLAN, KWP, UDS. * Creation of the new ECU and the Bus in the Global-B Architecture Model. * Experience with ETAS AUTOSAR configuration tools. * Experience with Hard Real-time embedded applications. * Hands on with On Board Diagnostics compliance (OBD II), ASIL Level and Cyber security requirements. * Provide regular updates of assigned software team tasks progression to higher management for project planning, tracking and oversight. * Design, implement and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64bit multicore microcontroller-based Vision ECU products.
- SR. EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Capgemini America Inc
- EMBEDDED CONSULTANT at Capgemini America Inc
- EMBEDDED TEST ENGINEER at Zebra Technologies
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT at University of New Haven
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- PhD - Engineering
- Master of Science - Electrical and Computer
- Bachelor - Electrical Engineering
• Developed and reviewed specifications and code for medical devices, including product functional specifications, design specifications, and verification/validation procedures.
• Developed application software in an agile framework utilizing Java, QML, Python, Linux, C++ and writing new functional modules for creating user interface and integrating it with programming codes.
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and other scientific personnel to design application and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles to implement feasible solutions.
• Communicate timelines, progress, delays of the work assigned on daily basis from the team to the client and vice versa using tools like Trello, JIRA and Slack.
• Worked on converting C++ API's to Python.
• Transition from MVC to MVVM application design.
• Developed asynchronous event model for processing and tracking rescue protocols using Mosquitto EMQTT.
• Designed and implemented Friendly GUI with QT-QML
• Handled different embedded communication buses (UART, USART, CAN).
• Effectively implemented various protocols (MQTT, TCP/IP, URP, SIP, CMIP).
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve, correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Developing the automated and scheduled load processes using Unix Shell scripting.
• Develop and Customize various API's and User Interface for enhanced and effective utilization.
• Designed, coded, implemented and tested new features and modules for the derivatives system as part of an Agile team.
• Created embedded applications matching client's requirement.
• Work with different teams within the organization to Automation and Orchestration of code to different phases using CI/CD methodologies and tools like Bitbucket.
• Mentors Software Engineer I & II, train users to use new or modified application code to execute them on different devises. Participated in product validation program.
• Participating in product review/ demo meetings with clients, stake holders and suggest new tools and development methodologies that may help the current release and the project. Tech-Stack: Windows 10, C++, Python, Object oriented programming (OOPs), QT-QML, MQTT, Design patterns, Linux(Ubuntu), GIT, Visual Studio Code, Bitbucket, Agile methodology.
- Embedded Software Engineer III at Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Sr. C++ Developer at NY State Office of General Service
- C++ Developer at CUNA MUTUAL
- C++ Developer at ERPA
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Information Technology