Environments: i.MX series (5,6,7,8), Freescale Linux BSPs, Yocto, C, NXPresso, PCIe, Networking. USB/Serial, Atlassian Suite
Direct: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer (NXP's i.MX Microprocesor (MICR) Business Line)
• Debugged and solved several high visibility Tier 1 customer issues.
• Debugged and fixed several hi-severity defects for NXP's i.MX MPU (Microprocesor) Business Line
• Troubleshooting of customer HW and SW issues, CQIs (Chip Quality), board bring-up problems
• Drove processes for team support, issue escalation, and issue post mortem analysis, which created significant customer support improvement and customer satisfaction.
• Authored Application Notes on how to implement a certain subsystems on specific SoCs (BT, USB)
- Senior Embedded Systems Engineer at Freescale / NXP Semiconductors
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at General Electric Oil & Gas
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Northrup Grumman
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Takata Automotive
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Computer Systems
Dates: 2012 - 2015, 2016 - Present
Title: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
• Programmed microprocessor and FPGA firmware
• Designed electronic circuits and performed PCB layout
• Tested and verified RF microwave radar system design and components.
• Designing and modifying test procedures and test fixtures for production units.
• Helped characterize radar performance and identify performance issues. Projects Aircraft Detection Radar - A custom radar system designed to be mounted on tall structures, detect approaching small aircraft and activating obstruction lighting when needed.
• This project consisted of several microcontrollers, motor and motor driver, various sensors, and multiple communications interfaces.
• Worked with software and hardware engineers in integrating firmware control and communications.
• Worked with a multidisciplinary team, duties included: ◦ Programming - Wrote firmware for FPGA and 32-bit microcontrollers whose functions included closed loop motor control, SPI serial bus, and hardware protection. ◦ Circuit board design, layout, and testing - Designed, implemented and tested various PCBs consisting of microcontrollers and FPGAs with Ethernet and USB communications. Obstruction Light Controller - A custom unit for controlling OTS obstructing lighting and communicating with a controlling computer over Ethernet.
• Designed the needed PCBs including schematic capture, and layout.
• Tested and debugged PCB and worked with mechanical engineers in enclosure design and wiring.
- Senior Embedded Systems Engineer at Laufer Wind Group - Radar Activated Aircraft Obstruction Avoidance Lighting System
- Senior Firmware Engineer - Temporary contract at Draper Laboratory - Research and Development Laboratory
- Senior Firmware Engineer - Temporary contract at A123 Systems - Battery Technology
- Electrical Engineer - Temporary contract at KMC Systems - Medical device contract engineering company
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Mas - Computer Engineering
- BSEE - Electrical Engineering
Designing and maintaining embedded software systems for airborne radar systems. This includes unit and system testing, continuous integration, creating build and run-time environments, and managing communications between modules. Applies to both bare metal and Linux based embedded devices.
- Embedded Systems Engineer at ImSAR, LLC
- Assembly Worker at Franklin Sensors
- Product Engineer at Micron Technology
- Engineering Assistant at Space Dynamics Laboratory
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Engineering - Engineering
- Bachelors of Science
Develop an automated test system using .NET, Gherkin, and a custom Embedded controller in order to test new products and to decrease time needed for Verification and Validation in a federally regulated environment
• Develop requirements for new products by collaborating with embedded and systems engineers
• Develop Code for a Cortex M0+ for use in new Oral Healthcare products
- Embedded Systems Engineer at Philips Oral Healthcare
- Software and Design Engineer at Kenworth Truck Company
- Engineering Intern at ATI Specialty Alloys and Components
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Dynamic Robotics Laboratory at Oregon State
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mission Statement: Spatially resolved measurements of plasma density irregularities in the ionosphere F-region for scintillation studies.
• Lead embedded software engineer for NASA's CubeSat program at South Alabama. Worked as the team lead for the development of the Command and Data Handling System. Trained, coordinated, and delegated a small team of undergraduate students in software development on the project while working with Faculty on development of the system.
• Designed the Command and Data Handling System used for coordinating the various boards on the satellite.
- Embedded Systems Engineer at University of South Alabama
- at University of South Alabama
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Computer Engineering
Robotics * Embedded Linux in C and Objected Oriented C++. * Responsible for kernel and package modifications in both OpenWrt and Yocto Linux. * Responsible for the implementation of Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems (JAUS) components. * Responsible for embedded systems GStreamer video and audio applications and frame grabber device driver support on iMX6 processors. * Extensive Arm Processor Remote Target Debugging with gdbserver, kgdb and kdb via ethernet and JTAG. * Custom 802.11g device driver modifications. * Responsible for FIPS compliant OpenSSL StrongSWAN configuration. * Responsible for authoring Software Design Documents in UML . Harris Corporation relocation.
- Lead Embedded Systems Engineer at Harris Corporation
- Lead Embedded Systems Engineer at Harris RF Communications Division
- Hardware Engineer at Company Confidential (Freelance Work)
- Embedded Systems Engineer (Consultant) at Bosch Security
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
- Certificate - Digital Signal Processing Systems Engineering
- Certificate - Embedded Systems Engineering
• Responsible for designing the back-end for synthetic aperture radars including digital hardware, FPGA firmware, embedded software, and GUI end-user software for command and control, as well as image exploitation.
• Design hardware and FPGA firmware including high speed data acquisition, radar chirp and de-chirp creation, automatic gain control, and filtering using DSP blocks.
• Develop algorithms including real-time motion compensation that closes the loop between a GPS/INS and an antenna mounted on a gimbal.
• Created GUI software with GDAL to display radar imagery onto a map and allow the user to plan flight lines using information from level 2 DTEDs.
• System level delay line testing and integration of both the digital back-end and RF front-end.
• Operate the system in the field for data collections and customer demonstrations.
• Designing and integrating with tactical and navigational grade INS/IMU systems and differential GPS.
• Research and development of new technologies for use in future systems.
• Manage projects, schedules, and junior engineers.
- Lead Embedded Systems Engineer at ARTEMIS, Inc
- Research Fellow at NYU-Poly
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Engineering
- B.E. - Computer Engineering
• Writing c program, debugging, testing, adding new functionalities and contribute to making new releases for MCP (motor control processor) module every month.
• Review the code and using LDRA software tool make sure the code does not have MISRA violation.
• If the code has any violation modifying the code and test it to make sure it does not have MISRA violation.
• Performed validation using CANoe software for hybrid cars ensuring software working according to requirements and model.
• Found faults in the code and reported to development team.
• Carried on writing and execution of test cases
• Executed brake box and CAN case setup to get information from car embedded system to computer.
• Performed HIL testing
• Completed training of CAN communications in vehicles' embedded systems.
• Completed training of Infotainment systems for cars.
- Embedded Systems Engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Rutgers Wireless Information Network Laboratory
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Principles of Communication Systems
- Master of Engineering - Electrical and Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems
Jasmin Infotech Private Ltd. Chennai, India
(Contract Employee with Analog Devices) Austin, US Senior Systems Engineer April 2015–May 2018
Promoted to lead two Systems Engineers in providing customer support to Canon Inc, Japan for development and integration of HDMI device driver in Canon Camera product as per their application specifications. Represented Analog Devices Inc along with an Analog devices, Japan FAE and worked at Canon, Japan with the customer for HDMI framework integration and application development on their platform.
• Analysed the customer requirements and created Software Requirement Specification (SRS) document.
• Created UML class diagrams for each driver modules of the full HDMI stack as per the SRS design document and ensured team members’ understanding of requirements and proposed design.
• Developed the ADV7623 device driver software code in C++ and provided code releases and performed unit testing.
• Employed Agile methodology and conducted daily standup meetings and assigned sprint tasks for the team and set review meetings and coordinated Quality Assurance (QA) and development efforts.
• Facilitated the identification of test methods for each developed component with the Quality Assurance engineer. Worked at Analog Devices, Ireland with design engineers for board bring up solutions of HDMI multi chip hardware and validation of the functional features.
• Initiated communication between the HDMI chip and ARM micro-controller through I2C bus configuration and developed low level API for I2C ,GPIO, Timer, UART drivers.
• Integrated the chip functional Python scripts to system software with low level driver register access as a diagnostic code preparation method and ensured chip functionality.
• Performed post silicon tests on HDMI multi chip hardware using generator, analyser and oscilloscopes as a validation technique and successfully documented the test cases for functionality checks. Managed the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for high level HDMI stack using multithreading concept in Agile methodology.
• Developed the design document as per the HDMI specification and Technical Requirements Document (TRD) .
• Created UML diagrams for each modules and ensured team members’ understanding of the proposed software design.
• Developed the full HDMI stack in C++ using multithreading concept with threads for each part of the program in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) MicroC/OS environment to run different tasks concurrently for maximum utilisation of CPU cycle.
• Ported the HDMI stack to Linux environment and used pThreads for threading in Linux kernel.
• Developed the HDCP firmware and integrated with HDMI driver code for enabling the content protection protocol for video transceivers, ensuring functional specification compliance and performed integration test. Systems Engineer January 2014–March 2015 Collaborated with other engineers for the development of ADV7625 low level device driver software using Blackfin and ARM micro-controller. Played a key role in maintenance and support of software’s third-party acceptance.
• Design and development of lower level API for I2C,SPI,UART, Timer and GPIO drivers in ARM and Blackfin based micro-controllers and system validation, debugging and analysing performance.
• Firmware up-gradation through UART (XModem-1k).
• Integrated the GUI (On Screen Display) by interfacing with SPI flash memory for CES Demo. Converted projects compatible with CMAKE build utility for multiple compilers and different applications with different chipsets.
• Provided technical support on ADV7625 device driver code for various customers like BOSE, Denon & Marantz, Bowers & Wilkins, Panasonic, Crestron, Sony, and various other customers in Engineer Zone forum of Analog Devices Inc. Assistant Systems Engineer July 2013 - December 2013 Played key role in integration of HDMI system into Sparrow sound-bar, troubleshooting and debugging the product to meet customer deadline.
• Worked on VDK[Visual DSP Kernel] based development for HDMI device drivers in C, debugging and White box testing.
• Analysed the hardware schematic, analog and digital designs and resolved issues .
- Senior Embedded Systems Engineer at Jasmin Infotech Private Ltd
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Aid in embedded software development for new products.
- Embedded Systems Engineer at Intelligent Product Solutions
- Teaching Assistent for ECE 112 (Digital Logic) at University of Rochester
- 3D PRINTING SPECIALIST at University of Rochester
- Embedded Software Engineer at OEM Controls
4 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical and Computer Engineering