6511 America Blvd. Hyattsville, MD 20782 United States
10/2017 - 03/2019
Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) This is a federal job Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Complete initial disaster assistance registration procedure.
Provide various types of information regarding available programs to people applying for disaster
assistance by telephone after a Presidentially-declared disaster. Additionally, I process a variety of claims or requests for disaster assistance.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance by telephone.
• Conducts telephone interviews with disaster survivors who have been affected by a declared disaster.
• Assists applicants by telephone, determines applicant needs, and provides instructions and referrals to appropriate disaster programs, community resources, and other Federal agencies, as appropriate.
• Provides information and explanations of Housing Assistance, Other Needs Assistance Grant, and other programs to applicants.
• Conducts verification activities to determine eligibility of applicants for disaster assistance through direct contact with applicants, in order to gather and disseminate information.
• Manages and coordinates information across work stations to ensure consistency in program delivery.
• Works well with diverse staff, management and applicants while maintaining professional customer service, meeting deadlines and providing applicable solutions.
• Proficiency using Google Office Suite: Docs, Spreadsheet, Calendar and Google Pages.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint
•NEMIS WEB & LEGACY
•WEBTA Supervisor: Bryan Simms (301-209-4587) Okay to contact supervisor: Yes
- Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Literacy Council Tutoring Program Workshop Coordinator at Literacy Council of Montgomery County Maryland
- Communications and Development Manager at The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation
- Co- Owner/Sales Manager at 313TWO Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Communications
- - Communications
Marginal PR 165, KM 3.2 4339DR DR - Guaynabo, Puerto Rico - NPSC Guaynabo, PR 00962 Emergency Management Specialist IA Duties: Emergency Management Certified Caseworker. Served as the primary point of contact for disaster survivors in declared areas. Analyzed and processed individual cases for critical information and documentation to ensure survivors receive their benefits.
- Emergency Management Specialist IA at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Sales Representative at Tiamo INC
- Cosmetologist / Manager at Barberia & Estilismo Fausto
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Coordinates and supports the implementation of disaster
recovery services and programs and analyzes resource
requirements, and capabilities to enable program delivery and performance.
• Knowledge of FEMA recovery policies and procedures to provide advice, guidance, and interpretation on variety of recovery issues.
• Knowledge of established management and organizational principles and practices along with knowledge of planning, programming, guidelines and processes, and knowledge of FEMA's recovery emergency management processes to prepare guidance in accordance with the agency program policies and objectives.
• Ability to manage and coordinate information processing to ensure geographically dispersed work units achieves consistency in program delivery.
• Knowledge of the program to provide technical advice and guidance to the agency concerning recovery issues and evaluation of portions of administrative aspects of mission- oriented programs.
• Knowledge and understanding of how recovery programs are administered to select and apply appropriate program evaluation and measurement techniques in determining the extent of compliance with rules and regulations issued by the agency, or in measuring and evaluating program accomplishments.
• Ability to provide advice and assistance on quality assistance and process improvement practices in relation to recovery services to disaster victims.
• Assists senior specialist with problems that can be complex, controversial, and precedent setting.
• Conducts analysis of difficult survivor-centric assistance issues in the recovery statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures that may impact program delivery.
• Skill in preparing staff reports and skill in assisting senior specialist with organizing and delivering briefings to managers that encourages understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
• Skill in communicating with communities or individuals in need of assistance in order to provide voluntary or humanitarian services.
• Communicates directly with disaster survivors, to discuss case status and provides clarification with the assistance process, disaster assistance programs, and the current status of their case.
• Provides customer service to disaster survivors, regional staff, community and others.
• Thoroughly reviews issues to be addressed in order to assist disaster survivor. Reviews disaster assistance needs prepare supporting documentation, and forward to supervisor for further action.
• Provides applicants with appropriate referrals to other Federal, State and local agencies, voluntary organizations, and faith- based organizations.
• Refers individual applicant for further case inquiries. Requests and reviews additional information and/or documentation from the applicant and verifies information is complete and appropriate.
- Emergency Management Specialist at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Customer Service Manager/Sales at Winn Dixie
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Nonprofit Leadership
San Juan, Puerto Rico Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) Applicant Services Program Specialist - Ensure the applicants affected by a disaster have access to their files and that the best possible level of service is provided to applicants in the administration of these programs. - Speak directly with applicants, verify their case in order to help them understand the due process to continue their recovery and to receive possible assistance. - Provide the necessary referrals to other Federal, State and local agencies, voluntary organizations, and faith-based and non-profit organizations. - Talk to the applicants in a face to face manner to discuss case status, and confirm they understand disaster assistance programs and eligibility process.
- Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) Applicant Services Program at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- at First Bank
- Sales Associate and Customer Service at Soma Intimates
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Interdisciplinary Studies of Cultural Tourism
4100 W Third Street 40 hours per week
Dayton, OH 45428
Supervisor: Edward Dornoff , (269) 966-5600 ext. 35213
Emergency Management Specialist, GS-11
• Provides leadership and direction to management, professional and technical personnel regarding the development and implementation of the facility Emergency Management Programs.
• Plans, organizes, implements, oversees and provides technical assistance for projects to resolve emergency management problems.
• Participates as a member of various safety committees.
• Develops management policies, procedures, and systems.
• Measures the effectiveness of existing emergency preparedness programs.
• Serves as the manager for the Battle Creek VAMC Emergency Operations Center.
• Oversees, implements, updates all aspects of the two emergency notification systems in place.
• Resolves difficult and complex technical, project management and organizational problems using innovative and original approaches.
• Conducts Service level training for facility personnel in the various aspects of emergency management.
- Emergency Management Specialist, GS-11 at Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Safety Specialist, GS-9 at Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Secretary at Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Purchasing Agent at Veterans Affairs Medical Center
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Disaster Preparedness and Executive Fire Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Emergency Services Administration
- Associate in Applied Science - Fire Science
Hours per week: 42 Series: 0089 Pay Plan: NQ Grade: 2 Emergency Management Specialist (This is a federal job) DOE/NNSA Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Watch Officer Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: 24/7 single point-of-contact for collecting, processing and disseminating time- sensitive emergency notifications whenever needed, to include, establishing and maintaining Continuity of Operations, in direct support of the Secretary of Energy, DOE leadership, Under Secretary for Nuclear Security, and NNSA leadership. Maintains situational awareness of the nation's energy infrastructure and nuclear weapons complex and facilitates the management of national emergency events via an unsecure/secure nationwide communications network. Sustain an integrated, scalable, mobile and/or virtual response capability to enable NNSA to successfully conduct routine and emergency operations through the leverage of mission critical resources in term of facilities, communications, and emergency management / response expertise. Performs initial notifications and coordinates management, logistics and mobilization actions during periods of national emergencies, natural and man- made disasters, acts of terrorism, or other extraordinary situations requiring centralized management notification and response, maintaining expertise in the areas of emergency operations, preparedness/response, planning and Communications Security (COMSEC), using established methods, procedures, and techniques to analyze incident, emergency, intelligence and/or operational data. Creates, publishes, and briefs various situational reports (SITEREPS) to DOE/NNSA Leadership, keeping leadership immediately informed and updated on Energy and Operational Emergencies that directly impact daily operations across the enterprise and the potential to impact Primary Mission Essential Functions (PMEFs), in direct support of the National Essential Functions (NEFs) that maintain Continuity of Government (COG). Utilize WebEOC (information management tool) to improve organization's incident management capabilities, providing operational and emergency management support through a uniquely customizable set of utilities for complete situational awareness. Utilize DOE Alert, Warning, Accountability, and Response (DOE AWARe) automated system to facilitate efficient and timely notification to DOE stakeholders and personnel of incidents that may impact DOE operations or personnel health and safety.
- Emergency Management Specialist at NNSA
- Supervisor at NNSA
- at NNSA
- Watch Officer at VA Integrated Operations Center
3 years at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Emergency / Information Management
- - Military Professional Development
- certificate of attendance
-Case worker, Incident management, registration intake service representative, individual assistance, representative helpline technician -Ensuring compliance and security of The Department of Homeland Security/FEMA systems. -Implement financial controls to coordinate, monitor, a Federal program to establish and evaluate effectiveness of service and ensure consistency with DHS/FEMA’s policy. - Engage fully in planning, training, exercising with national and regional disaster operations to achieve positive change in emergency preparedness. -Responsible for processing, collaborating with insurance underwriters, reporting, & recording cases -Working with team members to meet deadlines for processing millions of incident cases. -Conduct case assessments to determine the severity of emergencies. -Case decision maker for disseminating financial awards to individuals and families. -Attend daily emergency planning briefings, conducts telephone interviews to build caseloads for processing of applicants for home, vehicle, medical, funeral, and personal property losses. -Proficient in evaluating problems, formulating comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change. Providing guidance, direction, compliance and recording on federal funding
- Emergency Management Specialist at Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Secretary at Anderson Lawn Care & Cleaning
- Assistant to the Director at Happy Little Hearts Developmental Program
- Student Employee at University of Maryland College Park, Convenience shops
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Arts - Criminology and Criminal Justice
USDA Operations Center Serve as an Emergency Management Specialist in support of the 24/7 Emergency Operation Center's mission to provide senior USDA staff with international, national and regional situational awareness. Receive and process emergency Notifications and information about events impacting or affecting USDA operations and programs within the context of the Department's Emergency Management System (EMS). Maintain current knowledge and oversight of emergency plans, continuity, procedures, and resources of specific program offices as well as their pre-crisis analysis and planning in order to provide assistance to program officials managing crisis situations and to ensure availability of emergency operations resources. Recommend, changes to plans and procedures as appropriate. Provide Drill and Exercise support for USDA's Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning Division (CPD) ensuring primary mission essential functions (PMEFs) continue in the event of an incident. Participate in both National Level Exercises (NLE) and emergency operations exercises. Extensively use USDA incident management and emergency notification computer and communications network including the Computer Emergency Notification System, MlR3 Messaging system; V-brick IPTV override system, CENS, Critical Infrastructure Warning and Information Network, and radiation monitoring systems. Maintain systems for receipt, analysis, and dissemination of information and data pertaining to incidents, potential and actual emergency situations, and routine information and data which includes intelligence data, USDA operational data (information received for USDA Agencies and Offices), and information from other U.S. Government agencies (i.e., State Department, National Security Council, Department of Defense, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the National Response Center). Recommend actions and procedural changes and refinements in critical program areas. Review and evaluate incoming reports, information, and programs to ensure timely and effective response to incidents and/or developing emergencies in which USDA may be involved. Collects information from other government agency SITREPS and SPOTREPS during emergency situations in order to prepare reports that keep the Secretary informed of threats or issues related the Department mission. Review and evaluate incoming reports, information, and programs to ensure timely and effective response to incidents or to train and validate responses to a wide variety of scenarios. Participates in exercises, assists in the analysis of results, and provides input to After Action Reports. Maintain systems for receipt, analysis, and dissemination of information and data pertaining to incidents, potential and actual emergency situations, and routine information and data which includes intelligence data, USDA operational data (information received for USDA Agencies and Offices), and information from other U.S. Government agencies (i.e., State Department, National Security Council, Department of Defense, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the National Response Center). Collect information from open sources (News monitoring and Internet), other government agency SITREPS and SPOTREPS in order to prepare senior level reports, for example, the Overnight News Highlights, DHS Daily Report and Daily Situation Summary that keep the Secretary informed of threats or issues related to the Departmental mission. Virginia State Police Virginia State Trooper Served as a Virginia State Trooper - performing in various environments executing Arrests, Summons, Search and Seizures; organizing, planning and conducting investigation of major and/or sensitive criminal activity impacting the State. Responded to a variety of emergency situations, such as, crisis management resulting from dangerous situations, for example, on scene incident command and crash scene analysis, reconstruction, summons and or arrest while gathering factual information at a crime scene documenting interrelationships of facts, relevance of evidence and validity of allegations involving criminal activity and apprehension of violators and fugitives from the law and other duties such as experience investigating, apprehending, arresting and detaining individuals related to an alleged violation of Federal, State, and/or local laws, such as assault, burglary, auto theft, speeding, various other misdemeanors and felonies including child sexual abuse; testifying at hearings and trials in Federal, State, and/or local court; securing search and seizure warrants through the process of affidavit, magistrate testimony; Preparing and/or reviewing reports of investigations to ensure they are prepared in a clear, concise, logical and impartial manner for submission to the appropriate law enforcement, attorneys or prosecutors office. Developing intelligence data on individuals and organizations known or suspected of criminal activity and/or performing surveillance of sites and suspects and/or perform sensitive undercover assignments to obtain evidence, establish probable cause or link multiple suspects and events to criminal activity. Duties included experience applying the concepts, theories, principles and practices of emergency management in the statewide law enforcement of criminal and traffic laws with emphasis on providing basic enforcement and citizen protection from criminal depredation throughout the state and maintaining the safety of the state's public streets, roads and highways. On scene Emergency Incident Command during emergency incidents as first responder. Use of firearms (Handgun, shotgun and automatic rifle), baton, pepper spray and force up to including deadly force, providing emergency assistance to victims, conducting criminal and personal background investigations, suspect interrogations, report writing and presenting expert and or witness testimony in a court of law; Arrest and detain persons on scene, protect crime scenes and collect evidence and information for prosecution, enforce DUI/Traffic laws, operate fully equipped police patrol vehicle, conduct search and seizure, use physical force to control persons, use deadly weapons, provide emergency assistance, conduct initial and follow-up investigation of various crimes and events; transport persons in custody, conduct traffic investigations with on scene summons, arrest, emergency evacuation, and reporting. Proficient in the use of the following; Biological and weapons of mass destruction threat surveillance, Certified roadside alcohol breath test analysis, certified in use of the baton, body armor, fire extinguishers, first aid kit, road flares, flashlight, flex cuffs, handcuffs, hand-held police radio, police communications, radar unit, emergency lights and sirens, ammunition/magazine and weapons cleaning equipment. CDI Headstart Program Headstart Family Services Specialist Served in a Family Services Position in Education Supporting and assisting families and children to identify and meet their own goals through a case management model for developing and carrying out the Head Start program and Family Partnership Agreements. Assisted with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. Managed the grant requirements for family and child eligibility. Supported the larger system of social services coordinated by Head Start, thereby supporting the goals of the program. Coordinated with center staff to integrate family partnership goals with classroom efforts and to ensure integrated child and family curriculum. Coordinated and participated in professional developmental training. Participate in team management functions of planning, implementing and evaluating Family and Community Partnership goals and objectives. Coordinated family functions at the school promoting family interaction. Participated in in-service, workshops, conferences and college courses to enhance staff skills. Certified in conducting assessment tests for students moving forward into Kindergarten. Recruited prospective families and assisted with and managed enrollment processes. Additionally, Managed the Child Plus informational Database. Friendship Edison Public Charter School Business Services Manager Managed Title IV Grant reporting and functions within the school, Managed banking, petty cash, purchasing, payables, fixed assets, and payroll functions for a school site using Microsoft Excel and Quick Books Pro. Established business operations for the start-up office of a large multi-facet operating school facility following accounting, and business guidelines. This includes procurement, receiving/distribution, inventory, payment procedures, vendor relationships, and reporting structures. Provided professional development to administrative and teaching staff in educational goals of the District Office, business processes and procedures. Met regularly with the leadership team, teaching, and administrative staff to determine supplies and services required in relation to budget and financial capabilities of the school. Interacted with various contacts such as the school staff, principal, and Central Office staff to develop local policies and procedures. Technology Integration Teacher Implemented appropriate instructional technology to support and develop integrated curriculum for SOLs and core subject areas (Math, Sciences and Social Studies) implementing instructional strategies while teaching 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. Remained abreast of current educational research, instructional strategies and trends in technology integration strategies to enhance and support student achievement. Researched, located and developed web resources to support instruction. Planned, developed and delivered training and ancillary materials related to the integration of software applications, hardware and peripherals into classroom instruction based upon sound, current educational research. Established and maintained effective working relationships with administrative, instructional and technical staff. Communicated effectively both orally and in writing. Developed complex instructions, documentation and technical reports. Stayed abreast of and analyzed advancements and trends in the microcomputer industry and made recommendations for changes and improvements to systems and/or programs that support instruction. Knowledge and skill in troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues and experience with Windows 95, 2000 and XP operating systems. Assisted in the planning of workshops and other in-service programs to help raise the level of instructional performance. Recommended ways in which the curriculum could be adjusted to meet the special learning needs of exceptional children. Engaged in research related to curriculum development. Participated in proposed and ongoing curriculum development projects. Helped plan and carry out staff and parent curriculum meetings. Communicated the approved curriculum to the professional staff and maintained a list of approved instructional materials. Supported the Director of Curriculum and Staff Development in working with principals and teacher committees to coordinate grade level and departmental meetings. Certified Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS Program) Classroom Facilitator and Robotics Team Coach. Smart Lab Technology Facilitator for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. York County School System Certified Elementary School Teacher Planned and prepared curriculum for 4th grade classroom students. Provided a positive classroom environment that promoted student learning. Used a variety of instructional strategies to meet varied student needs. Complied with state laws, school board policies, and administrative regulations. Established and maintained standards of student behavior needed for an orderly, productive classroom and school. Encouraged the productive citizenship and respectful conduct of students Monitored and assessed student progress. Identified resources and personnel to meet the needs of individual students. Maintained accurate, complete records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation. Informed parents regarding student progress, the instructional program, and other school issues. Demonstrated positive school-community relations. Worked cooperatively with colleagues, support staff, and administration.
- Emergency Management Specialist at Excalibur & Associates
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Management
Supervisor: Mr. Michael Ganley (347) 370-4576) Emergency Management Specialist (GS-13 / 0089) - Program Manager - FCCE (GS-13 / 0301)
- Emergency Management Specialist at US Army Corp of Engineers
- HQUSACE Debris PRT SME Cadre Action Officer at NBC/WMD
- Emergency Management Specialist at US Army Corp of Engineers
- at US Army Corp of Engineers
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Medical
- Master - Graduate credits
- - Government
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
Emergency Management Specialist and HAZMAT Responder. Specialized in Chemical, Biological, Radiation/Nuclear (CBRN) Warfare, disaster mitigation, and training for troops both stateside and deployed. Trained in NIMS, ICS, currently filling an additional role as Finance/Admin for Peterson AFB Emergency Management
Emergency Management Specialist and HAZMAT Responder.
Specialized in Chemical, Biological, Radiation/Nuclear (CBRN) Warfare, disaster mitigation, and training for troops both stateside and deployed.
Trained in NIMS, ICS, currently filling an additional role as Finance/Admin for Peterson AFB Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Specialist at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
- Solar Installer at Grassroots Solar
- Movie Theater Manager at Village Picture Shows
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - History and Politics