Specialty Care Technician/ Emergency Room Technician / 3 Broadway EKG, BLS CPR, Vital signs, patient care, Critical thinking skills and assessment, Blood Draws. Will be cross traing for clerical duties in the Emergency Room and Cardiac Monitor Technician
- Emergency Room Technician at Health Alliance Hospital
- Unit coordinator at HEALTH ALLIANCE
- Unit Coordinator at Heath Alliance Weschester Heath Network
- Specialty Care Technician/Emergency Room Technician at HEALTH ALLIANCE
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Science and Health Information Management
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Nursing
During my employment, I hold a position as an Emergency Room Technician. My skills include but are not limited to, basic first aid, EKG, drawing labs, order entry, HIPAA compliance, heart rhythm interpretation, transportation of patients to and from testing, splinting, and communication with all levels of professional staff and patients.
- Emergency Room Technician at Jefferson Health System
- Unit Secretary/Emergency Room Techician at Inspira Health Network
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic at Millville Rescue Squad
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - General Prerequisite Courses for Associate in Healthcare
- Surgical Technology - Surgical Technology
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Technician
- General Studies - General Education Studies
• Over 2200 Hours (15 months) working as an Emergency Room Technician.
• Works with physicians and nurses aiding in patient care
• Required familiarity with medical terminology and common medication.
• Monitor Patient conditions: vitals, suicide precautions, fall risks, heart attacks, and stroke patients.
• Maintains use of appropriate medical equipment and supplies for trauma procedures such as : chest tube placement, arterial line placement, art line placement, lumbar punctures, ,and various suture/staple techniques.
• Familiar with minimally invasive procedures such as: placing foleys, IV’s, placing/ removing sutures/staples
• Assist with stocking trauma carts and rooms
• Responsible for medication transport
• Assists with transport of patients
• Assists with resuscitation (CPR and other emergency airway procedures)
• Responsible for vital signs, patient oxygen requirement knowledge, cardiac monitoring, blood pressure monitoring systems
• Performing 12-lead EKGs
• Responsible for drawing labs and maintaining care of specimens for laboratory analysis
• Assist with wound care, insertion of Foley catheters, and nasogastric tubes
• Knowledge of proper legal medical terminology
• Assists with positioning patients, application of orthopedic dressings
- Emergency Room Technician at Huntsville Hospital
- Substitute Teacher at HUNTSVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
- Medical Assistant at Pain 2 Wellness
- Outreach Director at Oakwood University Office of Spiritual Life
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Science
- High school Diploma
Customer Service/ Community Outreach/ Public Relations/Event Planning and Social Media Proficient MEDICAL EXPERIENCE: Medical Terminology. BLS. ACLS. CPR. Vital Signs. Phlebotomy Skills (IV insertions, lab draws and collections). IM injections and Oral Medications. Minor Sutures. Orthopedic Splinting and Crutch Teaching. Eye Irrigations (Morgan Lens) and Ear Irrigations. Nasal and Oral Gastric Tubing. Urinary Catherization. Wound Cleaning and Dressings including Incisions and Drainage. Performing EKG's. Performing DEXA Scans (lumbar, hips and forearms). Performing laboratory tests to include Urine Dips, Urine and Blood HCG's, Cholesterol and HgbA1c, ISTAT Chem8, TROP I and PT INR's. Processing and preparing various specimens for laboratory shipment. Maintaining accurate date logs of laboratory results and shipped specimens. Registering, Triaging, Discharging and Transporting patients. Assisting Physicians with major and minor procedures. Filing, Retrieving and Prepping patient charts, Call in Prescription Refills. Nursing Notations. Nerve Conduction Tests. Ordered supplies. Stock and Prepare exam rooms. Other duties as assigned. Howard University Hospital- Washington, DC Emergency Room Technician - March 2008- Present
- Emergency Room Technician at Howard University Hospital
- Emergency Room Technician at Dewitt Army Community Hospital
- Medical Assistant at Dewitt Army Community Hospital
- Administrative Assistant to the President and Ward 8 Representative at D.C. Board of Education
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Health Care Administration
- BA - Health Care Administration
- AAS - Medical Assisting
- - Registered Medical Assistant
1300 N. Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, Ca. 90027 (323) 913-892 Unit Coordinator/Emergency Room Technician * Stroke and STEMI data entry. * EKG technician, BLS provider, Cross-trained as Unit Secretary with heavy phones, patient transfers and admissions, Insurance authorizations. * Able to assist nurses and doctors with special procedures such as chest tubes, spinal taps, closed reduction fractures, CPR.
- Unit Coordinator/Emergency Room Technician at Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital
- Emergency Room Technician at Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- Emergency Medical Technician at American Medical Response Private Ambulance
- Patient Care Associate/Storeroom Clerk at Northridge Hospital Medical Center
13 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Interior Design
Provides outstanding emergency medical support to patients in a high volume, fast paced emergency room. Performs numerous medical procedures including but not limited to: IV technician, EKGs, straight and external catheterization, NG tube placement, trauma assistance and care, continuously assessing and caring for patients. Adhering and upholding to the highest level of respect and customer service. Devoted to hard work and team work.
- Emergency Room Technician at Henryford Allegiance Health
- Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician at Lexington Park Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Human Resource Specialist at U.S. Army
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard at KIDS FIRST Swim Schools, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Health Administration
- - Sports medicine
- High School Diploma - Academic and Career Completer
- - Medical Assistant
100 Park Street, Glens Falls NY 12801 ~ (Please ask for a reference and/or contact number) ~ Job Title; Emergency Room Technician ~ November 2018-Present My job duties in the Emergency Department include but are not limited to applying splints, taking patients blood, applying cervical collars, placing a patient on oxygen when needed, taking vitals, wound cleaning and dressing. Setting up a room for sterile procedures for the Doctor and/or Physicians Assistant such as central lines, incision and drainages, spinal taps, paracentesis/thoracentesis and chest tube thoracostomy and assisting them in those procedures. Ensuring a trauma room is set up for an incoming patient is vital due to time restraints and limited time that patient might have to be intubated or placed on a BiPAP machine or have CPR done. Glens Falls Hospital is a 410 bed hospital and a 34 room Emergency Department, not including the 4 rooms for behavioral health patients. With four designated trauma rooms the Emergency Department is always taking in emergencies such as motor vehicle accidents/motorcycle accidents, stabbings, cardiac arrests/trauma arrests, respiratory distress/respiratory failure, chainsaw/table saw accidents; this is just a very small summary as to what I have taken care of in the Emergency Department. I could never see myself in another profession. Emergency Medicine has always been a big passion in my life and caring to the sick, injured and even dying patients is what drives me to do better everyday.
- Emergency Room Technician at Glens Falls Hospital Emergency Department
- EMT-B at North Warren EMS
- EMT-B at North Warren EMS
- Medical Assistant at United States Army
2 months at this Job
• Assisted the physician with patient exam and treatment
• Performed direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse
• Duties included but not limited to: drawing blood labs, foley catheter insertion using sterile techniques, wound irrigation, 12-lead EKGs, placing patients on monitor for vitals, applying splints
- Emergency Room Technician at Mercy Hospital Emergency Room
- at Tulsa Community College
- Counselor at K-Kauai Kanakuk Staff
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors in Science and Business Administration - International Business
• Phlebotomy & IV insertion/removal
• CPR/BLS certified
• Proficient in EMR.
• Assisting PA's & Physicians with in room procedures.
• Successfully perform administrative duties such as faxing, data entry, filing.
• Transport patients and specimens.
• Perform iSTAT and urine pregnancy tests.
• Schedule physician consults and treatments per Emergency department physician, NP and PA.
• Answer calls and direct to appropriate person or department.
• Take verbal and written messages.
- Emergency Room Technician at Brandywine Hospital
- Patient Care Technician at Einstein Healthcare Network
- Technical Partner, Med at Surg & Orthopaedics LEHIGH VALLEY HEALTH NETWORK
- Proofreader/Copy Editor at
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Communications Media
1. Phlebotomist 2. EKGs 3. first aid 4. OCL splint applications 5. CPR 6. EPIC user experience 7. providing care for patients of all ages 8. wound care 9. customer service 10. foley cath insertion 11. urinalysis 12. strep test and pregnancy test 13. 5 years emergency room experience
- Emergency Room Technician at Henry Ford Health System
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Assistant