Administer HR Personnel Administration and Organizational Management functions. Process all payroll and salary transaction. Maintain and update organizational charts. Provides workforce data upon request. Conducts new employee orientation. Serves as Agency's Employee Relations Manager. Counsels on employee relation issues, investigations, complaints and disciplinary actions. Interprets policies and assist with review of disciplinary actions. Works with HR Director in response to lawsuits and complaints against Agency. Serves as Agency Random Drug Testing Administrator. Serves as backup to Time and Leave Administrator.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER at SC DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- TELLER at BANK OF AMERICA
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Public Affairs
Senior Human Resources Professional with 20 years of experience in directing human resources in manufacturing and in a corporate environment. Solid career track record of serving as an HR business partner, driving organizational excellence in the areas of talent management, positive employee relations, employee engagement, workforce planning and HR functional excellence. Strong business acumen and drive for results. Innovative and creative problem solver who loves a challenge. Proven relationship-builder with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. My client group is my number one priority and ensuring their success by obtaining yearly goals. Access National Bank (Just announced acquired by Union Bank and Trust)
Employee Relations Manager, Leesburg VA 8/2018 - Current
Responsible for supporting employee relations throughout the entire employee life cycle from sourcing to termination while providing guidance and counsel to managers in navigating day-to-day issues related to performance and compliance.
➢ Support five departments totaling approximately 100 employees.
➢ Responsible for full life-cycle recruiting sourcing, recruiting, screening and placement of individuals by using internal and external sourcing methods, and other creative means and sources to meet the organization's staffing objectives.
➢ Process job requisitions and communicate with hiring managers to ensure current job descriptions and requirements are accurate. Work with hiring managers to establish compliant criterion that supports the organizations strategy and vision.
➢ Ensure the organization is compliant with government and agency regulations related to employment and discrimination laws. Work closely with managers and VP of HR Operations to ensure consistent, fair and compliant pay practices are enforced.
➢ Coach management, staff, and employees through complex workplace issues.
➢ Work closely with managers to ensure employment practices are consistent throughout the organization while relevant to the individual situation presented.
- Employee Relations Manager at Access National Bank
- Human Resources Business Partner at Millennium Soft Inc., at Becton Dickinson
- Human Resources Manager at JLG INDUSTRIES
- Human Resources Manager at EATON CORPORATION
7 months at this Job
- Master - Safety Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Physical Education
Indianapolis, IN April 2013 - January 2019
Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers
scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner
brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Employee Relations Manager
Initially recruited to fill a newly created position providing HR support to the Maintenance and Materials work
groups totaling over 900 employees based in twelve (12) locations throughout the U.S. Work priorities focused on improving consistency with policy administration between carriers and locations, improving responsiveness to
employees, designing new policies and procedures where needed and providing guidance to front line leadership. Responsibilities were expanded in January 2017, to include support for Inflight department with a total workforce
inclusive of over 2,500 Flight Attendants, Inflight Training, leadership and support functions. This role encompasses
interface with union leadership and participation in the grievance resolution process.
• Redesigned and successfully implemented performance feedback process for aircraft mechanics.
• Designed and facilitated Investigation Process training for all people leaders.
• Coordinated and conducted internal investigations pertaining to Associate complaints and policy infractions.
• Facilitated Harassment and Discrimination Prevention new hire and recurrent training.
• Designed new Student Associate program aimed at attracting and developing aircraft mechanic entrants.
• Partnered with leadership in Talent Acquisition process for entry level and management level positions.
• Extensive travel to work locations building relationships with front line leadership and the workforce, continuously establishing trust and cooperation at all levels in the organization.
- Employee Relations Manager at REPUBLIC AIRWAYS HOLDINGS
- Manager of Labor Relations at PINNACLE AIRLINES CORP
- Director of Human Resources at EMPIRE AERO CENTER
- at ATA Airlines
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Psychology
As the Employee relations managers in charge of facilitating employee relations and solving human resource issues on behalf of the State of Arizona. Responsible for handling employee situations with a focus on conflict resolution in a fast-paced environment. Use leadership skills to motivate team members to achieve company objectives within deadline. Follow privacy regulations and maintain confidentiality as required. Additionally, as the employee relations manager handle employee concerns and strive to resolve them in a positive, timely manner. Analyze employee relations trends, provide periodic detailed reports, and propose methods to improve problematic trends after careful research as well. Reporting progress to the human resources Administrator and Division Director.
Distribute employee benefit programs and using a personal computer to keep an accurate record of employee interactions, schedules, recommendations, and communications about employee benefits programs. Responsible for the oversight and management of employee relations issues, internal investigations, and prompt problem resolution. Investigative process for internal complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other high-risk employment issues. They actively investigate internal complaints in which leadership is the subject and propose appropriate actions. I have strong communication skills to increase employee satisfaction and answer complex workplace questions.
• Counsel and advise managers in interpreting and applying policies and procedures to resolve issues related to recruitment, compensation, disciplinary action and conflict resolution.
• Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
• Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in HR policy development.
• Manage the selection, training and development of employee relations staff.
• Represent the management at meetings that involve employee relation issues including discipline.
- Employee Relations Manager at State of Arizona
- PERSONNEL ANALYST III at STATE OF ARIZONA
- Employee Relations Specialist at State of Arizoa
- PERSONNEL ANALYST II at ARIZONA DEPARTMENT
4 months at this Job
Placed in this 450-employee company with 6 branch locations as a contractor and was converted to a full-time employee during a restructure of the corporate HR team as an Employee Relations Manager.
• Partner with senior leadership and all Associated managers on all matters related to employee relations - performance reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, investigations, terminations and employee recognition programs.
• Mentor, coach and manager to three direct reports - an HR Generalist, HR Assistant, and HR/Payroll Coordinator.
• Turned HR into a revenue generating department by working with DuPage County WorkNET and applying for their incumbent training grant program, resulting in $40,000 reimbursement of training costs to date, with additional funds to come.
• Conduct manager training on employment law, behavioral interviewing, coaching, counseling and corrective action
• Responsible for coordinating and marketing all corporate social responsibility and employee engagement activities - biannual blood drives, Habitat for Humanity, charity drives, annual employee holiday galas in four separate locations and monthly employee events.
• Complete overhaul of company policy and procedures and employee handbook to reflect current laws and more progressive policies.
- Employee Relations Manager at Associated Material Handling Industries
- Human Resources Manager at HOK Group, Inc
- Manager, Human Resources at Optimer Brands/DRIFIRE, LLC
- Human Resources Manager at Crowne Plaza O'Hare
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources - Human Resources
Professional, energetic, and reliable individual seeking to obtain full-time employment. Obtaining several years of experience in the financial field. Strong and analytical intellectual. Able to manage a range of responsibilities simultaneously and able to contribute as a member of a team.
• Leaven & Co Accounting Manager & Employee Relations Manager: Solely responsible for the efficiency and accuracy in the accounts receivable department. Managed 650 clients single handedly. Proficient in Asset Based Lending protocols and reporting which included cash receipts, gross to net sales, general ledger, bank activity, and reconciliation of three companies. Point of contact in bank and capital firm audits. Daily bank reconciliations for Wells Fargo, Chase, Payment Tech, & Compass. Weekly sales analysis report in comparison to prior year's sales. Formulated training exercises for the new assistants in the finance dept. Responsible for staffing payroll. Prepared all the hiring, promoting, transferring and termination paperwork to meet New York State laws along with company handbook guidelines. Assured that all new hires were an asset to the company's objective and growth. Translated all paperwork including health benefits, workplace benefits, rules and regulations in Spanish to employees as the company population is approximately 90% of Hispanic descent. Point of contact for any translation whether it be in reference to my position or any outside situation occurring that need my assistance. Also assisting in the completion of the new employee and company handbook. Mediator to employee disputes with colleagues or managerial conflicts. Retrieved preliminary information to compile case files for pending lawsuits, workers compensation claims, as well as insurance claims.
- Accounting Manager & Employee Relations Manager at Leaven & Co
- at All Natural Products- Davidovich
- Regional Sales Coordinator at GMAX USA
- Underwriter at Fast Source Capital
4 years at this Job
- - Business Administration
Principal advisor to senior organizational leader on all matters related to personnel readiness to include promotion, health, morale, welfare, and discipline of assigned personnel. Supervised all assigned personnel with heavy emphasis on employee relations, mentorship, conflict resolution, professional development and career progression. - Led professional development courses with instruction and mentorship; developed 350 middle & upper level military leaders - Aggressively approached suicide prevention with counseling/treatment plans; intervened in 16 suicide attempts & ideations - Key note speaker at management course graduation banquet; provided senior leader perspective for 47 first line supervisors - Oversaw USAF's largest technical training school (2K+ assigned); 150 disciplinary actions, balanced good order & discipline - President of 28 member HR manager council; led manpower requirement shift & provided trusted counsel to senior leaders Technical Training Instructor Instructor Supervisor Technical Training Instructor Supervisor specializing in Aerospace Equipment Maintenance and Faculty Development. - Managed curriculum for 34 C-17A maintenance courses; identified and corrected 32 errors / completed 9 biennial reviews - Eliminated paper copy technical publications; developed electronic storage system - processing time 80% more efficient - Improved training environment; researched & procured wireless troubleshooting headsets - reduced objective time by 10% - Led & supervised team of 16 instructors, 5 specialties delivering 14,300 hours of training to USAF & international partners - Taught 1,700 instructional hours; earned Air Education and Training Command's coveted 'Master Instructor' certification Aerospace Equipment Technician Supervisor Maintained and repaired equipment that supplies electricity, hydraulic pressure and air pressure to support aircraft systems or subsystems. Managed shop safety training program and served with USAF Thunderbirds Demonstration team. - Air Force Thunderbirds team member; maintained F-16 while traveling 200+ days per year for AF's largest recruiting effort - Led inspection and repair team providing 700 units of aerospace equipment supporting C-17A aircraft worth $8.7B - Used & trained others on digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, circuit card testers, hand tools to maintain equipment - Monitored production metrics and analytics by identifying trends using maintenance tracking system; allowed 93% ready rate - Subject matter expert on theory, operation, inspection, technical data, and troubleshooting of aerospace ground equipment
- Employee Relations Manager at United States Air Force
20 years at this Job
- Master's - Organizational Development
- - Senior Level Management Academy
- Bachelor's - Workforce Education and Development
Supported up to 4,000 employees in multiple locations across the country. Led and mentored two direct reports. Consistently met or exceeded quality and time-to-close metrics.
• Assessed leadership development needs in the call center, and educated management on topics such as performance evaluations, affirmative action plans, promoting positive employee relations, and California and Colorado labor laws.
• Fostered a collaborative and strategic partnership with client organizations by leveraging data to perform root cause analysis for code of business conduct (COBC) and other misconduct and employee relations issues.
• Ensured compliance requirements were met per contractual guidelines.
• Collaborated with leadership on strategic planning of company initiatives, risk analysis, long-term center planning and merger integration.
• Partnered with attendance and leave managers on managing leaves of absence, workers' compensation, and attendance issues.
• Coached directors and management personnel in resolving employee relations issues.
• Conducted investigations for harassment complaints.
• Facilitated merger integration activities at the call center level encompassing benefits communications, payroll transition, compensation, implementation of automated systems, and change management initiatives.
• Managed Communication Workers of America (CWA) labor relationship and conducted second-level grievance meetings.
• Assisted staffing department to ensure high quality hires.
• Promoted from Senior Human Resources Manager and Specialist positions.
- Employee Relations Manager at AT&T
- at AT&T
- Employee Relations Representative at ARV Assisted Living, Inc
9 years at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration/Human Resources
Employee Relations Manager (2015-Present)
• Oversee all staff related tasks including the hiring process, recruitment, interviewing, placement and termination.
• Investigated any claims made by clients to determine the facts of the matter and propose an appropriate course of action.
• Attended recruiting events, performed interviews with potential staff and presented information to prospective client families.
• Oversee employee scheduling, payroll and internal staff issues including, background investigations and CORI related issues. Primarily responsible to make sure all Massachusetts labor and employment laws are followed; appropriate policies and procedures are in place and staff executes these tasks properly.
• Staff Attorney
- Employee Relations Manager at SOS Home Health Care
- Elder Advocate at
- Client Services Coordinator at Action Inc
- Advocate at Action Inc
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Team Lead, Leadership and Skills Curriculum Development Professional Development Trainer ♦ Designed and developed soft skills training (leadership, sales, service) ♦ Designed and delivered manager training using interactive distance learning technology ♦ Extensive training delivery in the areas of leadership, performance management, diversity, teambuilding, interpersonal skills, telecommunications products Employee Relations Manager ♦ Provided HR support to Network Operations business unit, including employee relations, training and retention programs, guidance on HR policies, salary and bonus planning, affirmative action planning, headcount planning, investigations, and terminations ♦ Developed and delivered an ongoing three-day training program for new managers ♦ Facilitated The Frontier Experience, a national teambuilding program; trained facilitators ♦ Wrote and revised HR policies and procedures
- Professional Development Trainer / Employee Relations Manager at GLOBAL CROSSING TELECOMMUNICATIONS, INC
- Administrator, General Surgery at UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER
- Acting Director, Human Resources at PSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTE OF WASHINGTON
- Marketing Service Representative at AETNA HEALTH PLANS
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Spanish
- BA - NY