Placed in this 450-employee company with 6 branch locations as a contractor with Interim HR Consulting and converted to a full-time employee during a restructure of the corporate HR team as an Employee Relations Manager with three direct reports.
• Direct three employees including an HR Generalist, HR Assistant and HR/Payroll coordinator
• Work with senior leadership and all Associated managers on all matters related to employee relations - performance reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, investigations, terminations and employee recognition programs
• Conduct manager training on employment law, behavioral interviewing, coaching, counseling and corrective action
• Responsible for coordinating and marketing all corporate social responsibility and employee engagement activities - biannual blood drives at corporate, Habitat for Humanity, charity drives, annual employee holiday galas in three separate locations and monthly employee events
• Complete overhaul of company policy and procedures and employee handbook to reflect current laws and more progressive policies
- Employee Relations Manager at Associated Material Handling Industries
- Human Resources Manager at HOK Group, Inc
- Manager, Human Resources at Optimer Brands/DRIFIRE, LLC
- Human Resources Manager at Crowne Plaza O'Hare
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources - Human Resources
worked in corporate offices in Englewood, CO 05/12 - present
A wholly owned subsidiary of Dish Network. I supported over 6200 employees and 784 stores.
Employee Relations Manager
• Provide HR guidance / advise on employee relations issues
• Assist Store Managers in coaching and mentoring employees
• Ensure Blockbuster is compliant with employment laws
• Research and report on EEOC Claims, DOL Claims, as well as Lawsuits
• Assist with recruiting and hiring Store Managers and Regional Sales Managers
• Liaison for benefits with Dish Human Resources
- Employee Relations Manager at BLOCKBUSTER, LLC
- Human Resources Manager at EPIC ENERGY RESOURCES, INC
- Independent Agent at ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY
- at ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Organizational Development and International Business
- Certificate - "Human Resources Management" - Extension program
- BA - Management
• Provide HR support to approximately 3,500 Technicians, Managers, and Directors in the Midwest and Southwest region to assure consistent implementation of HR policies, procedures, and programs
• Received Key Contributor Award (given to top performers within the company) Employee Relations Manager - Ethics Team
• Conduct investigations of reports filed through the company hotline
• Work closely with all business units within AT&T which requires a general knowledge of all labor contracts and state laws
• Mentored and on-boarded five new team members
• Received Key Contributor Award (given to top performers within the company) Regional HR Generalist
• Provided HR support to Managers and bargained call center employees in the Southeast region
• Delivered employee retention analysis to Directors
• Conducted annual compliance and EEO training to bargained employees and Managers
• Received Key Contributor Award (given to top performers within the company)
- Employee Relations Manager at AT&T
- HR Assistant at Liebert Corporation
- Executive Assistant at Special Metals Corporation
14 years at this Job
- M.S. - Industrial & Employee Relations
- B.A. - Sociology
Leads employee relations consulting strategies for NIKE Worldwide Headquarters and provides support to WHQ and NIKE Stores across North America. Manages ER associates assigned to various regions of the United States.
• Serves as a partner, consultant and ally in complex and confidential workplace matters.
• Coaches clients and their respective employees in consultative nature regarding all performance related issues.
• Manages and coaches three direct reports including one employee relations manager and two employee relations specialists.
• Reviews data analytics and makes recommendations based on trends.
• Investigates and recommends the appropriate disciplinary measures for all cases related to Title VII, unlawful harassment and interpersonal conflict.
• Demonstrates the ability to work within ambiguous situations and make informed decisions with logical reasoning.
• Developed strong credibility by efficiently managing cases involving senior leaders including VP's, directors and department managers. Influences and consults leaders at all levels with an unbiased and practical approach.
• Facilitates meetings between managers and employees involving written counseling's and terminations. Makes recommendations and coaches leadership on employee interactions.
- Senior Employee Relations Manager at NIKE WHQ
- Employee Relations Business Partner at The Coca-Cola Company
- Human Resources Specialist at WIKA Instruments
- Human Resources Administrator at Exide Technologies Industrial, Inc
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Resources and Leadership Development
- B.A - Organizational / Human Resources Management
Provide human resources management for 3000-employee company ◦ Resolve average of 55 employee relations issues per week ◦ Maintain legal and company compliance ◦ Implement programs to reduce turnover and absenteeism ◦ Policy implementation toward compliance and profitable growth ◦ Directly manage human resources assistants and retention team ◦ Deliver new supervisor/manager onboarding and training ◦ Provide leave administration, workers compensation and benefit support ◦ Design and deliver leadership and employee development programs
- Employee Relations Manager at Mountaire Farms, Inc
- Manager of Organizational Development & Training at
- Manager of Safety & Health at Public Works Commission
- Training & Development Manager at Purolator Filters North America
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fellow
- - Blanchard Situational Leadership Training
LAWRENCE LIVERMORE NATIONAL LABORATORY (LLNL) PROGRAM OFFICE
Responsible for the development and administration of Employee Relations programs including new hire orienta- tion, compliance training, performance management, accommodations, leave of absences, and end of assignment
separations. Oversee the administration of all employee relations activities in compliance with company policy,
contractual responsibilities, performance standards, and legal requirements.
• Successfully manage and resolve complex employee relations issues with a workforce of 600 employees.
• Oversee management of project operations during absence of the Program Manager.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships through daily interaction and frequent communication.
• Works directly with customer to identify outstanding employee recognition and awards.
• Maintain company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations while meeting contractual requirements and obligations.
• Responds to employee and customer inquiries and concerns regarding the understanding, and application of AIS policy and procedures.
• Manages on-boarding/orientation and employee relations training programs as required.
• Provides active leadership in support of recruiting and employment activities. Participate in operational walk-thru's and performance evaluations to determine compliance with work standards.
- SITE EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER at AKIMA INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER at SIMMONS BEDDING COMPANY
- HUMAN RESOURCE EMPLOYMENT REPRESENTATIVE at SAFEWAY, INC
- at SAFEWAY, INC
5 years at this Job
- - Business Management
March 2016 - Present
MAPEI is worldwide leader in products for building industry, adhesive, sealants and chemical products for construction.
HR Generalist II/ Employee Relations Manager
• Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and governmental regulations
• Respond to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, employee benefit questions, and other items as requested
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
• Benefit Enrollment/ Planning
• Retention Management
• Interview, screen and recruit job applicants to fill entry and mid-level job openings. Match experience with specific job related requirements
• Maintain day-to-day policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions
• Training and Development
• Coordinate random drug screen program
• Employee On-boarding
• Keep records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, as well as employee statistics for government reporting
• Train management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- HR Generalist II/ Employee Relations Manager at MAPEI Corporation
- at MAM Degree- Human Resources Management - Dallas Baptist University
- DBA at McDonald's
- Human Resource Assistant Manager at Neiman Marcus Direct
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - MAM in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor's - BA in Psychology
Develop, plan, and implement employee relations policies and procedures. Manage various employee relations duties, including employee counseling, equal employment opportunity, unemployment compensation, disability services, and labor relations. Investigate employee complaints and disputes and recommends disciplinary action. Investigate complaints received through the City Auditor's Fraud hotline, or City Manager's office, regarding alleged employee misconduct, misuse or abuse of City funds or materials. Educate new and current employees on employee relations issues. Implement required Civil Service Rules and Regulations and coordinate Civil Service Commission and Civil Service Board hearings. Oversee administration of City's drug and alcohol policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Assist City departments in the areas of hiring, disciplinary issues, and policy interpretation by having extensive knowledge of City policies and procedures. Provide input on Human Resource policy revisions, including changes to the Civil Services Board Rules and Regulations by providing reviewing and providing feedback or proposed changes.
- Employee Relations Manager at City of Corpus Christi
- Director, Human Resources at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System
- at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System
- Manager, Human Resources at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Journalism
Position serves as manager and the internal consultant and primary subject matter expert in the employee and labor relations areas, under the direction of the Equity and Human Resources Director. Responsible for facilitating conflict resolution, interpreting the Employee Handbook polices, and administering union contracts on behalf of management. Acts as compliance officer, ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws (FLSA, FMLA, labor laws/drug free workplace). Serves as staff assistant to the Director, completing special projects and assignments relative to all areas of the equity and human resources division.
- Employee Relations Manager at Polk County Board of County Commissioners
- HR Manager at Mosaic
- at Mosaic
- HR Generalist, Sr at Mosaic
1 month at this Job
- B.A. - Communications
Employee Relations Coordinator/Supervisor – In charge of employee relations, responsible for maintaining optimal production standards through employee oversight. Present duties include; Making reports, supervising and tracking employee status and duties, effectively communicating with managers and supervisors to assure all needs are met. Currently responsible for 8 different departments which total to approximately 200 employees.
- Employee Relations Manager at Kelly Services
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Fresenius Medical Care
- Head of Framing Department at A Few Nice Things
- Assistant Manager at Los Antojitos Mexicanos
7 months at this Job