Employee Relations Specialist - VSE Employee Relations Specialist with over 7 years professional experience in the field of Human Resources. Responsibilities have included investigations of employees and management, explaining company and governmental rules, and ensuring employee safety. Experience has led to knowledge of conducting internal investigation processes following strict guidelines to protect company liability and to facilitate employee relations.
- Employee Relations Specialist at VSE Corporation
- Employee Relations Specialist at ITT EXELIS
- Vice President, Chief Steward/Supply Technician at Shaw E & I
- General Maintenance worker/Acting Lead at Shaw E & I
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Business Administration
Austin, TX Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls. Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally. Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes. Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues. Managed customer calls effectively and efficiently in a complex, fast-paced and challenging call center environment. Inbound Calls High Standards Active Listening Skills Employee Relations Specialist
- Employee Relations Specialist at Apple
- Data Entry at Early Stage Collections Agent Spherion
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Able to conduct property-specific team member orientations, and investigate team member complaints, and resolutions. Track counseling to make sure that they are adhered to company standards, as well as tracking employee evaluations. I also provided information and interpretations of policies to managers, and co-workers. I think my greatest accomplishment was being promoted from HR Clerk to Employee Relations Specialist, and building a great rapport with co-workers who were sometimes reluctant to bring their issues to management which shows me that they had a level of trust for me. I also feel great about helping employees get a second chance at employment after being terminated, and who continued to follow all policies to company standards.
- Employee Relations Specialist at CANNERY CASINO AND HOTEL
- Human Resources Representative at
9 years at this Job
Fresenius Medical Care - Waltham, MA 2010 to Present Fresenius Medical Care is a specialist in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis (Over 2400 US Dialysis Centers Nationally) Member of a Regional Employee Relations team aligned with clinic operations. Provide Employee Relations consult to managers in addressing employee performance and behavior-related concerns. Interpret HR Policies for managers and employees to promote understanding and consistency of application. Resolve complex pay concerns. Designed and conducted Employees Relations training sessions for HR Employee Service Center representatives. Create and deliver training to Clinic Managers on Company HR policies and processes.
- Senior Employee Relations Specialist at Fresenius Medical Care
- Corporate Employee Relations Specialist II at Fresenius Medical Care
- Corporate HR Employee Access and Response Line Coordinator at Fresenius Medical Care
- Senior Human Resources Account Manager at Millipore Corporation
7 months at this Job
- Master of Industrial and Labor Relations - Industrial and Labor Relations
- Bachelor of Arts - Society for Human Resources Management
Served as direct Human Resources Support for 200+ salaried employees within the Aftermarket group as well as indirectly supported 400+ salaried employees within the Manufacturing Operations group.
Aligned initiatives with the HR leadership, while working closely with other levels of management within the organization to complete goals.
• Supported Aftermarket group with talent acquisition, performance management, compensation administration, and the promotion of employee engagement strategies.
• Prepared job offers for candidates, assisted with hiring, and completed onboarding of new employees.
• Managed HR projects to improve efficiency within the HR team. Noteworthy project - Updated organizational structure within the EOD system to improve performance between all other HR systems.
• Created and delivered HR specific presentations and trainings, as needed.
• Actively promoted company policies and employee benefits for the Detroit campus of 2,500 employees. HR Specialist
• Led all stages of hourly recruitment for the Detroit manufacturing plant.
• Onboarded over 300 salaried employees and over 450 hourly employees, which included processing new hire paperwork, completing I-9 verifications, and providing explanation of company benefits.
• Coordinated and facilitated new hire orientation and other location specific employee training programs.
• Supported Employee Relations Specialists to assist with their daily business.
- Employee Relations Specialist at Daimler Trucks North America - Detroit Diesel Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at Aerotek
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Management
1 Aviation Circle Washington DC, DC 20001 United States 12/2012 - Present Senior Labor and Employee Relations Specialist Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Provided advisory services for management officials, and union leaders concerning labor relations policies, procedures, and guidelines. Supported the administration in third party or potential third-party proceedings arising from the labor management issues. These issues involved FMLA, conduct, leave, reasonable accommodations procedures, and guidelines. Reviewed all employee disciplinary actions involving proposals on behalf of senior managers and managers regarding discipline for two airports. These actions involved proposal to decision providing recommendations and final agency actions. These included actions from LOR to termination. Reviewed all; disciplinary matters with all managers, senior management officials reviewing consistency with previous disciplinary actions for penalty determination consistent with AFGE contracts for two local unions. Disciplinary actions reviews were determined on the guideline review of table of penalty, consistency of past practice guidelines and severity of incident. Assigned as lead investigator for administrative investigations for the Metropolitan Washington airports Authority coordinating with managers conducting interviews with subjects and witnesses. These investigations involved waste, fraud, abuse, workplace violence and sexual harassment. Wrote the administrative directive for investigative procedures within the Airports Authority. Developed last chance agreements and abeyance agreements involving disciplinary actions. Responsible for the timely disposition of all disciplinary actions for two airports. Provided support for resolving operational program issues in negotiations between management and unions with alternative dispute resolution in disciplinary actions, grievances, EEO issues and settlements. Facilitated the resolution of human resources issues by working with managers and labor representatives to administer labor agreements and employee code of conduct. Duties included but not limited to providing employee relations advice and guidance; evaluating, publicizing and establishing operating procedures for designated employee relations programs; providing human resources advisory services; providing labor partnering and negotiations; providing labor agreement administration; providing employee relations/labor relations program evaluation work; Processes negotiated grievances, complaints, allegations of unfair practices and administrative grievances. Reviews and analyzes issues, performs research to identify and develop pertinent information; prepares written statements of case and management decision letters. Attempted informal resolution of disputes with unions, employees in disciplinary actions. Served as an expert in interpreting policy guidelines, code of conduct, disciplinary actions Federal Statutes, and other issuance dealing with agency policy, appeals, grievances, and related ER matters. Researched and analyzes complex decisions issued by a variety of agencies including: US Supreme Court, Comptroller General, OPM, MSPB, FLRA, etc. Issues to include but not limited to collective bargaining agreements, unfair labor practice charges, impact and implementation bargaining and, dealing with union officials. Performs employee relations program administration studies, reviews, and evaluations to ensure regulatory compliance. Serves as an expert in interpreting guidelines, instructions, and other issuance dealing with agency policy with regard to appeals, grievances, and related ER matters. Represents the authority in day to day contacts with managers and HR staff concerning issues of misconduct, performance, discipline. Advises senior management at all, but top level on employee problems involving but not limited to attendance, performance, failure to comply with regulations, policies, procedures, insubordination, substance abuse leave abuse, threats, and unauthorized use of Authority property. Designated as Chief negotiator for contract negotiations involving AFGE Local 1118 and 2303, negotiating two labor contracts. Serves as a liaison between unions and management. Regularly meets with senior managers to assist in contract interpretation. Follows up to ensure actions agreed to are implemented by the Authority. Conduct training on the conduct and discipline, drug free workplace and workplace violence directives. Review Douglas factors to ensure consistency of penalties with deciding officials. Review and prepare editing written disciplinary responses for management officials. Supervisor: Will supply on request Okay to contact this Supervisor:
- Senior Labor and Employee Relations Specialist at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Senior Labor @Employee Relations Specialist at US Department of Homeland Security
- Labor Relations & Employee Specialist at Federal Bureau of Prisons
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree - Counseling
* Employee Relations Specialist/ HR Generalist for 1,900+ Associates within the organization. * Lead detailed and factual employee relations reviews including performance management, inappropriate conduct, and attendance, summarizing findings in written reports and present report findings. * Direct the development and implementation of new hire orientation programs. * Experience supporting multiple sites in. * Process workers compensation requests * Revise and updated HR manual, policies and procedures, and job descriptions for the entire organization. * Update and manage disciplinary action up to and including termination. * Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations to management team for corrective action and performance improvement. * Research company policies, procedures, and guidance to understand and assess the applicability of issues arising in employee and company interactions. * Handle grievance and other difficult situations in a sensitive, fair and respectful manner. * Ensure EEO in the hiring process and comply with federal contractor applicant flow reporting and recordkeeping requirements. * Direct personnel, training, and labor relations activities, saving $150,000/year by reorganizing structure to eliminate unnecessary positions. * Saved organization $300,000/year by reducing agencies fees and bringing the call center recruitment in-house. * Reduce employee turnover by 13% through implementation of new incentive program and bonus structure. * Ensured compliance with client requirements for drug testing, background checks, skill requirements, reference checks, and other screening procedures. * Ensure compliance with all legal requirements such as I-9's, W-4's, overtime, and arbitration agreements * Utilized effective recruitment efforts including job postings, direct sourcing, industry and social networking * Participate in full-life cycle recruitment for Field Service Technicians, Customer Service Representatives, Warehouse Personnel, Payroll Specialist, Recruiters, Customer Service Managers, Customer Service Directors, Technical Support Managers and Technical Support Representative, Sales Associates, Account Managers, Client Managers and Project Managers.
- HR Employee Relations Specialist/HR Generalist at Securus Technologies
- Operations Manager at Eastridge
- Assistant Branch Manager at Randstad
- Branch Manager/HR Generalist at Employment Staffing
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Multidisciplinary Studies
• Handle all employee relations including terminations, resignations, disciplinary documentation review
• Conduct investigations and look into employee concerns
• Exit interviews, EDD forms and attend EDD hearings
• Handling personnel files and employee relations and maintaining confidentiality of all information
- Employee Relations Specialist at Viejas Casino & Resort
- HR Coordinator at Integrity Staffing Solutions- Viejas Casino & Resort
- HR Administrator at HS Salon
- HR Technician at Workforce Resources
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
• Provide coaching and consulting to managers in order to enhance their people and performance management skills
• Lead employee relations investigations on diverse employee issues including harassment and discrimination cases
• Prepare written case summaries and record information into HR Acuity (database)
• Provide decisions and recommendations for employee corrective action
• Conduct exit interviews of voluntary terminations; analyzed trends and recommended solutions
• Facilitate focus group meetings to identify gaps and areas of improvement
• Implement and develop HR policies and procedures
- Sr. Employee Relations Specialist at Arthrex, Inc
- at Arthrex, Inc
- Employee Relations Specialist at Arthrex, Inc
- Sr. Human Resources Generalist at P&F Systems
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management - Human Resource Management
Responsible for employee relations activities. Responsible for advising management in all activities relating to fair and consistent treatment of employees, review of disciplinary actions, conducting workplace investigations, acting as liaison between management and employees, providing legal basis for risk analysis in employment actions, coordinates and participates as representative in unemployment hearings, responsible for legal employment related labor posting requirements and other compliance related reports, with assistance of general counsel prepared responses to complaints.
- Employee Relations Specialist at UF Jacksonville Physicians Inc
- Employment Specialist at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc
- Branch Manager at General Personal Consultants, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
- Associate of Arts in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Development - Tech