As an employment Advisor my job duties are to do check in’s at all of the individuals on my caseload jobs. See their schedules and talk with their managers to see how they are doing in their work performances. Also help them find jobs if they don’t already have one, or maybe a second job if they are seeking. I provide transportation to the individuals in my personal vehicle if needed.
- Employment Advisor at The Arc Central Chesapeake Region
- Awake Overnight at The Arc Central Chesapeake Region
- Cashier/ Deli clerk at Shoppers Food
- Cashier/Stocker at Dollar General
7 months at this Job
- High school diploma - Na
Housing Advisor: Responsibilities include, acting as a liaison between UTI students and Collegiate Housing Services. Duties: Excel Reports and Word Documents. Responsible for updating student information in SMART database. Preparing and processing enrollment agreements and documents for orientation. Scanning confidential documents and linking them to the system. Support for the Student Services Department. Advising and assisting students and parents of alternatives in overcoming barriers that may be impact completion of their education, while maintaining strict professionalism and confidentiality guidelines. Employment Advisor: Assist students in securing part time and full time employment. Create professional resumes for students. Maintain and update Excel reports and spreadsheets. Create Word Documents and Resumes. Sustain positive relationships with Ford Employers and students, to assist in job placement upon graduation. Working with students on a daily basis to ensure a positive outcome to graduation.Special Events Coordinator.
- Employment Advisor Housing Coordinator/Employment Advisor/Special Events Coordinator at Universal Technical Institute
- Vocational Coordinator/Interim Director of Operations, Benefit Advising to Staff at Camelot Therapeutic School
- Job Coach at Glenbard East High School
- Special Education Para-Professional at Western Trails School
6 years at this Job
- Paraprofessional Certification - Special Education
Worked with people with disabilities through the process of finding a job and help maintaining jobs. ◦ Managed cases and helped with job training for people with disabilities
- Employment Advisor at The Arc of Central Chesapeake
- at BEK Pet Sitting
- Internship at Boys and Girls Club of Metropolitan Baltimore
- Volunteer at Civic Works Day of Service October
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Family and Human Services
- Associates of Science - Professional Cooking and Baking
• Maintain communication with the DA & Judge regarding progress, sanctions, participating in all classes, referred services, community service.
• Maintain consistent, clear communication between the service team, legal representatives, and the participant.
• Complete and continually revise the Individual Life Plan with the participant.
• Ensure participants receive education, employment, mentorship, and community service referrals.
• Refer “Wrap Around” services (AODA, mental health, child care, utility assistance, housing, food stamps, etc.) as needed.
• Manage employment readiness referrals (i.e. haircuts, clothes, tools)
• Complete one case note each week for participants caseload.
• Complete weekly activity sheets for each participant in your caseload.
- Employment Advisor/ Case Manager at JEVS Human Services- The Choice Is Yours Program
- Program Assistant Intern at JEVS Human Services- The Choice Is Yours Program
- Loss Prevention Officer at The Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Console Operator On-Call at Orange County Convention Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Resources Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- BS - Sociology: Juvenile Delinquent Analysis
• Increasing student retention by assisting students with finding jobs while attending school (must meet specific target numbers)
• Cold Calling employers to find new job openings, preparing job leads for students, and posting the information for students (part time and full time positions)
• Developing and fostering positive relationships with industry service managers and effectively building the company brand (rated a role model in customer service on my two yearly performance evaluations)
• Organizing and hosting on campus presentations/interviews from employers
• Using our SMART software to document interactions with employers/students, enter data, and generate relevant reports
• Assisted the Advanced Training Representative with maintaining electronic files and conducting interviews for the Manufacturer Specific Advanced Training Programs
• Preparing resumes for students and assisting them with preparing cover letters
• Coaching and developing students by giving them tips on how to interview and apply for jobs
• Managing the Alumni/ Learning Center websites and troubleshooting any login issues
- Local Employment Advisor at Universal Technical Institute
- Student Services Coordinator at Universal Technical Institute
- Account Representative at Sports Marketing International
- at United Parcel Service
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Arts
Investigated and interviewed applicants for public assistance to gather important
information connected to their application.
• Supervised procedures to grant change or reject eligibility and grants for various assistance programs.
• Prepared and organized reports of assigned cases and submitted individual recommendations.
• Justified eligibility requirements, form completion requirements and other community resources for financial assistance on housing opportunities.
• Conducted annual and special housing review visits to ensure conformance to agreed regulations.
• Analyzed the rules and regulations governing eligibility for grants and payment methods and explain it to the clients.
- EMPLOYMENT ADVISOR, DEPT. OF HUMAN ASSISTANCE, SACRAMENTO COUNTY at PLACER COUNTY
- TRANSFER ASSOCIATE at FRANKLIN TEMPLETON INVESTMENTS
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
• As an Employment Advisor in a first-time offender diversion program for the City of Philadelphia, individuals are assisted in developing a life plan and life skills, through community service and mentoring
• Maintain weekly case management notes for judicial review.
• Assisted in development and logistics of pilot program in the Philadelphia Department of Prisons as a Workforce Advisor, reaching incarcerated citizens by building relationship, then reinforcing material and support once released at Careerlink
• The primary duties include traveling to multiple sites, facilitating material for interview and life skills, creating schedules, and developing softer skills for non-verbal acceptance
- Employment/Workforce Advisor at JEVS Human Services
- Christian Counselor (Independent Contractor) at Christian Talk Therapy
- Program/Re-entry Specialist (non-profit) at Mid-Atlantic States Career & Education Center
- Team Lead/Operations Support Specialist at Comcast Communications
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts - Arts and Religion
- - MANAGEMENT
- - Pre-Marital and Marital Counseling
Weekly meeting with person served to find independent employment, Effective in case management, working directly with employers to build Positive Professional relationship in the community, develops resumes and cover letters, keeping teams and guardians updated throughout the job search, once employed help with training, on boarding paperwork. Complete 245 D paperwork, and Annual Meetings when necessary. Conduct curriculum on employment in the DTH centers.
- Employment Advisor at TSE Inc
- Employment Consultant at Rise Inc
- Assistant Teacher at Minnesota Renaissance School
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Anoka County Community Corrections
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - human services
- Associate in Arts
- High School Diploma
- Outreach, Recruitment and Employment advisor at Bellevue College
- Career Representative at Everest College
- Case Manager Intern at S&S Cleaning Service
- Operation specialist at Melia Hotel
2 years at this Job
- MA - Counseling Psychology
- BA - Psychology
- - Workforce Education Programs
- - employment and business
• Schedules, conducts, and documents an exit interview with each pending graduate assigned.
• Maintains a partnership between graduate and the Career Services Center in order to successful assist graduate in finding employment within six months after graduation.
• Serves as advocate for students/graduates in the job search process, including salary negotiation.
• Develop, track, report and document graduate employment program, graduate files of employment, and success stories.
• Plans and conducts marketing calls and direct mail marketing follow-up with possible employers.
• Educates employers on curriculum and competitive compensation.
• Plans and conducts employer visits and on-campus recruiting.
• Actively and routinely seeks employer feedback and researches industry trends. Shares this information when appropriate within the school to aid in the development/enhancement of curriculum and successful outcomes for graduates.
• Works closely with the Professional Development Instructors and Director of Career Services to contribute to course content and coach graduates and students on career search strategies, personal marketing, interview skills, self-promotion methods and materials.
• Develops partnership with Student Employment Advisor to maximize field-related opportunities for students as well as with Alumni Coordinator to maximize opportunities for graduates and industry networking
- Career Services Advisor at The Art institute of San Antonio
- Student Success Coach at Our Lady of the Lake University
- Advising Team Leader at San Antonio College
- Academic Advisor I, II, & III and COR 1203 Freshman Seminar Instructor at University of Texas at San Antonio
4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology