During my first employment in Asheboro as an Employment Consultant I/Trade Adjustment Assistance case manager, I devised an auditing system which found over $10,000 in billing errors towards the state treasury. This for one county only and the measures I developed are now used for the entire state. The agency received the Governor's Award for Outstanding Public Service in 2009-2010; I was a recipient of that honor. I had the highest return-to-work percentages for dislocated workers in 2013, out of all 100 NC counties.
- Employment Consultant I at North Carolina Department of Commerce
- Customer Service Representative at Club Demonstration Services / Costco
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Act case manager at Employment Security Commission of North Carolina
- Career and technology educator at Randolph County Schools
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History / Political Science
- Associate of Science - Printing Technology
As a employment Consultant i networked with potential clients, matched candidates to their clients while finding positions to fit their needs. I found several individuals that lack every day skills jobs. I assisted with resumes, use of the internet in a job search and other parts of training skills and services
- Employment Consultant at SLStart
- Caregiver/Companion at Aacres LLC
- Caregiver/Companion at Magic Hands Adult Family Living
- Advanced Health Care Caregiver at
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
• Trained and mentored over 20 job seekers find meaningful employment.
• Developed effective person centered treatment plans, assessments, internships, individualized job development and customization to clients in order to be successful in their vocational pursuits.
• Administered rehabilitation services to clients with disabilities through the employment process, including assisting with pre-employment, job skills, and job retention issues such as interview preparation and development of appropriate work habits, behaviors, communication ethics, punctuality and interview process and applications.
• Empowered and enhanced consumer's independence through implementation of individualized training, monitoring of client progress, ongoing performance reviews and job coach support.
• Performed continuous research and outreach to employers and community organizations to identify job opportunities for clients.
• Advised and consulted with employers to coordinate the selection of most qualified candidates for available positions.
• Acquired and secured positive partnerships between consumers and employers.
• Pre-screened qualified candidates and consulted with employers to fill available positions and internships.
- Employment Consultant at Creative Employment Opportunities
- Teaching Assistant at Academy of Excellence
- Digital Merchandising Specialist at Kohl's Corporate
- Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser at Boston Store
10 months at this Job
- B.A. - Professional Communication
Assistant manager in a office with over 20 staff
• Assist clients with job placement needs
• Evaluate employer's needs and match them with potential employees
• Public relations with local organizations
• Extensive use of computer programs, Internet and email
• Administrative duties include: phone skills, fax, filing, appointment scheduling. and database management.
- Employment Consultant at Employment Security Commission
- Director of Operations at The Roger Bacon Academy
- Master Sergeant at United States Marine Corps
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters - Management
Process background checks and I-9 for Community Work Study 200-300 student employees
● Approve and disapprove hire, maintain, terminate e-docs for over 3,500 student employees
● Initiate emails for all work- study awarded students for IUPUI and IUPUC
● Program lead for National Student Employee Appreciation Week (NSEA), annual university program recognizing students, faculty and staff for distinguished leadership and service
● Adhere to university fiscal policies such as to oversee annual budget of for student financial support and aid
● Collaborate with over 500+ - Human Resources, Office of Financial Aid, Payroll processors, Office of Service and Learning as well as 1000+ community employers
● Oversee Campus Employment Essentials, university-wide supervision and onboarding training curriculum for student employees
● Partner with community organizations to help facilitate the effective hire of 300+ students for various work study positions
● Employ industry best practices to provide career counseling, academic support and consultation for students seeking advice for college matriculation and post-graduate success
● Served on search committees for 7 different university departments
● Supervise a student staff member
● Investigate and mediate job situations between students and supervisors
● Assess needs, evaluate performance and advise clients regarding career development to meet vocational goals and refer clients to appropriate community partner resources.
- Student Employment Consultant at Office of Student Employment
- at IUPUI Hearing Commission
- Academic Administrative Assistant at Office of Student Employment
- Administrative Assistant at Office of Student Employment
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Jurisprudence - Employment Law
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
I asset clients with disabilities and help them to find employment, do all paper work- case notes, and anything they may need to gain employment
- Employment Consultant at Job Point
- Manager at Burger King
- CSR/Cashier at ATRA Insurance
1 year at this Job
- - Nursing
- - General Studies Pre rec.
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
Assess ability and characteristics of ticketholder for potential employment. Write IWP's for individuals. Assist ticketholder in using LinkedIn, writing resumes and cover letters. Assist in delivery of training and support services along with job development. Provide ongoing support services. Evaluate outcomes and performances. Assist ticketholder in business concepts and assist in writing SBA based business plans. Secret clearance per background check.
- Employment Consultant at New England Business Associates
- Career Assessment Counselor at Franklin Hampshire Career Center
- Department Supervisor at Babies
- Counselor, Acting Manager, & Program Designer at Westover Job Corps
3 years at this Job
- M.ED - Early Childhood Education
- B.S. - Sociology/Criminal Justice
Self-motivated, results-driven, communication expertise looking for an opportunity to contribute my administrative skills, interpersonal and organizational skills that will benefit to a company's growth.
Keys to Advancement Employment Consultant/Job Coach
Vancouver, WA (May 2018-November 2018)
• Provide on-the-job supports/coaching at volunteer and paid job-sites where necessary.
• Building professional relationships with clients in order to find suitable employment that is tailored towards specific skills and interests.
• Writing plans/reports in a clear, concise, professional manner while consistently meeting deadlines, maintaining and updating client files/reports on a continual basis.
• Creating resumes, completing applications, and preparing the client for the interviewing process.
• CPR and Blood Borne Pathogens Certified.
- Employment Consultant/Job Coach at Keys to Advancement
- Administrative Assistant at Air Van North American
- Office Manager at Lile North American Van Lines
6 months at this Job
- Professional Office Management Medical Secretarial Diploma - Secretarial Sciences
- Associate - General Education
Independently reviews, investigates, and determines if an individual is eligible or ineligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits in accordance with UI laws, rules, regulations, and procedures. Informs customers and employers of their rights and responsibilities under the unemployment insurance program. Responsible for meeting established deadlines for contacting claimants, completing determination interviews, and making UI benefits payments. Acts as a resource to the public, providing unemployment insurance information to claimants, employers, and others with courtesy and professionalism. Presently assigned by Employment Program Manager I and II as school specialist and wages specialist in the team.
- Employment Consultant at State of California EDD
- Employment Manager at Self Help for the Elderly
- Computer Manager at Stanford University
- User Support Specialist at University of British Columbia
at this Job
- Master's - Instructional Technology
Engages the client using innovative methods to collaborate, lead structured rapid idea generation and development, deliver quality solutions quickly, and iterate to improve them. Provides professional development solutions using adult learning methodologies in a training environment to client Contributes specialized knowledge in project management, stakeholder engagement, data analysis, and evaluation to inform various business needs, including program design and implementation of projects within organizations.
• Create interactive video and live, instructor and distance-learning based training with support materials such as job aids, self-study resources, facilitator/participant guides, and learner evaluation tools.
• Partners with the local business community to negotiate customized employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Assess candidates' strengths, interests, and preferences and then provide onboarding and training support to meet the needs of both the business and the new employee.
• Assist individuals with career advancement and serve as a resource for businesses to promote a more inclusive workforce
- EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT at PROVAIL
- ACADEMIC SUCCESS COACH/ TRAINING & RESEARCH ASSISTANT at WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
- VP, COMMUNITY OUTREACH DIRECTOR at ARAB CENTER OF WASHINGTON (ACW)
- TRAINING UNIT MANAGER at ROWWAD FOUNDATION FOR DEVELOPMENT WORK
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Ph.Dc
- Bachelor of the Arts - English Literature and Education