Assisted adults with disabilities in job search and employment preparation ❖ Supervised consumers at job sites ❖ Job development
- Employment Counselor at Divine Employment Services
- Data Entry Clerk at AutoGravity
- Assistant at Girls' Inc. of Orange County
- Customer Service at Bren Events Center
5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Criminology, Law and Society
Assisted a diverse client base with completing interest surveys, exploring potential higher education and career paths, writing resumes and cover letters, searching, applying for, and obtaining jobs
• Impressed clients and employer by searching for and sending job openings/leads to clients outside of work hours
• Managed websites and utilized databases to enter employer job orders, match job seekers to employers, etc.
• Utilized research and writing skills to compile and create handouts to assist clients and students in the job search process and with locating appropriate community resources
- Employment Counselor at Northwest Wisconsin Concentrated Employment Program, Inc
- Employment Counselor/Teacher at International Education Center
- Teacher at United Nations
- Academic Program Coordinator at UW
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Education
• Provided vocational assistance to 30+ clients within the DVR and DDD population.
• Assisted in the IPE process of each client to determine appropriate and realistic competitive employment goals (in conjunction with DVR and/or DDD)
• Provided intake services and assessments of all clients
• Created resumes and assisted clients in organization of past employment history and choosing the proper references.
• Obtained clients baseline and collected progress data as required by NJDVRS
• Provided intensive job coaching during all aspects of the individual's employment experience.
• Assisted the client in accessing any necessary support services needed to ensure employment success.
• Completed hourly logs to accurately reflect all techniques used to train employee on the job as well as the progress of each client.
• Effectively balanced client caseload as well as billed and processed client vouchers.
- Employment Counselor at Waters & Sims Employment Services Inc
- Child Youth Program Assistant at Joint-Base-McGuire Dix Lakehurst
- Pre-K Teacher at O.C.E.A.N INC
- Customer Service at Shore Metric Car Care, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - English Literature and Psychology
• Supports clients in the creation of professional resumes, cover letters, and online career profiles.
• Directs clients to learn interview skills.
• Coaches clients during the training periods of new employment.
• Teaches essential skills to speak with coworkers, supervisors, and customers and maintain their employment.
• Follows up with clients who are in long term employment to refresh skills to further their employment and career goals.
- Employment Counselor at Waters & Sims
- CONSULTANT at KEAN UNIVERSITY
- CONSULTANT at NPower
- SWIM INSTRUCTOR/ HEAD LIFEGUARD at FIVE STAR SWIM SCHOOL
2 months at this Job
- B.A - PSYCHOLOGY
• Provide direct case management and counseling to a designated caseload.
• Develop individualized plans that address participant needs and promote successful employment.
• Maintain documentation in a manner consistent with program guidelines.
• Advocate for participants when appropriate. Record, organize and manage participant and agency information in a manner consistent with program guidelines. Intakes and Overviews
• Conduct program overviews and service intakes with referred participants.
• Educate participants about program requirements Assessment/Resource Referral/Data Management:
• Assess participant to determine work readiness. Recommend training or educational opportunities as needed and assist participants during their job search. Identify barriers to employment and self-sufficiency and recommend supports as needed.
- EMPLOYMENT COUNSELOR at AEOA
- SERVICE COORDINATOR at RE MANAGEMENT
- Rental Manager at K& P Rentals
- at K& P Rentals
3 months at this Job
-Provide case management, employment preparation services, job placement and job retention services -Maintains accurate and complete records for all program participants for the purpose of case files, reporting requirements, and monthly billing -Conducts outreach, intake, assessments, and orientations for the OHA Career Pathways
- Employment Counselor at Goodwill Industries
- Enrollment Services Student Assistant at University of Hawaii-West Oahu
- Children's Waiting Room Attendant at Armed Services YMCA
- Play Morning Facilitator at Armed Services YMCA
1 month at this Job
- BA - Sociology
Employment Counselor (Contract)
• Works with Summer Youth Internship for job placement.
• Listens to each customer request and provides professional advice to help each customer decide the best services for them.
• Interview the candidate for the potential job.
• Provides direct job matching of open system postings with the customer's skills and work requirements.
• Offers qualified job candidates the opportunity to interview for posted jobs
• Performs New Hire orientation for job placement.
• Searches files for qualified candidates for job postings.
• Travel to worksite to perform worksite visits with each candidate.
• Update notes into the electronic system software.
• Travel to worksite to perform worksite orientations with the employer for New Hires.
• Assist with collecting payroll from candidates and employers.
- Employment Counselor at Baker Ripley
- Managed Care Claims Analyst at KELSEY SEYBOLD
- Claims Specialist at UNIVERSAL AMERICAN CORPORATION
- Administrative Assistant/CSR at SERVICE EVERYWHERE
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BPCC - General Studies
Assess customer and family situations to identify barriers to self-sufficiency, employment, training, and income goals Apply motivational interviewing techniques to create a supportive environment Utilize labor market information, local resources, referral to community partners and employers to assist customers in meeting their goals Assist customers with resume creation, networking, mock interviewing, and job searching Assess need and educate customers about DWS programs, policies, and services and provide assistance in the application for temporary assistance programs (Food stamps, Medicaid, TANF, Child care, and Unemployment insurance) Home visits when needed to establish relationships, increase rapport, problem solve, engage or re-engage the customer
- Employment Counselor at State Of Utah
- Compliance Agent at State Of Utah
- Eligibility Specialist at State Of Utah
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science
Advise and coach a current caseload of 35-40 families whose parents are seeking employment. Develop a pathway for employment which can include training and other resources. Assist customers in enrolling in training programs that will meet their needs. Ensure that each case meets federal and state policy. Maintain high level of customer service for all clients and co-workers. Advocate for the customer. Assist with training current team of 13 and office of 35-40 on new ideas and standards being implemented for case management. Create lasting relationships with community resources and provide community outreach. Assist with employee committees such as safety, community service, and employee association.
- Employment Counselor at The Department of Workforce Services
at this Job
- B.S. in Health Promotion and Education - Health Promotion and Education
- Associates of Science
• Maintain a caseload of 70+ low-income families on the MFIP/TANF
• Effectively utilize external and internal databases (MAXIS, Workforce One, Diamond, Client Track, etc.)
• Maintain effective case notes and case files in accordance to County and State guidelines for each participant
• Assist participants in overcoming housing, mental health, and employment barriers
• Provide participants with tools to achieve gainful employment and career laddering that lead to economic stability.
- Employment Counselor at MFIP/TANF
- Assistant Program Manager at Living Well Disabilities Services
- Special Education Assistant at North High School
2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Early Childhood Education