working as an employment specialist Direct Support Professional
- Employment Specialist at Community Integrated Services
- Paraprofessional at Keystone Human Services
- Work as therapy support staff at Chester charter school
- Made on demand associate at amazon.com
9 months at this Job
- bachelors in psychology - psychology
Employment Specialist carries out all phases of employment service, including intake, engagement, assessment, job placement, job coaching, and follow-along supports for program participants with persistent mental illness, including those with co-occurring substance abuse disorders. The employment specialist will provide education and consulting to businesses regarding job placement, training, supervision, and support of program participants; conduct job placement activities leading to increased wages, self-sufficiency, and self-esteem and other meaningful outcomes expressed by the program participant. This position is responsible for assisting program participants in career development; helping ensure integrated employment outcomes; ensuring the quality of work at employer job sites; job coaching and interview practice. Job retention and successful employment.
- Employment Specialist at Goodwill Orange County Employment Works
- Account manager/Recruiter at LANI Loan Administration Network Inc
- at Schools First Federal Credit Union Real Estate Products and Business
- Agency sales and Posting at Prudential California Realty
7 months at this Job
I work as a employment specialist, I met with various employers avocating for them to hired our client who have barriers to employment.
- Employment Specialist at Team Wellness Center
- Team Leader at Field Works
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - criminal justice
- High school - business
93010 (805)987-5886 I was an employment specialist who will take care of people with disabilities. Helping the individual find a job, attend school, and be involve with the community.
- Employment Specialist at IABA- Institute
- Cash register handling and supervisor at El Pollo Loco
- Cashier at Carl's Jr
- Sales Associate at Charlotte Russe, Inc
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Employment Specialist duties are to assessing occupational skills, developing job-search skills, screening employee to the right employment that fixes their potential and their desires, also building a report partnership with potential employers.
- Employment Specialist at SCDSNB
- Work Support Instructor/ Transitional Coach at Babcock Center
1 year at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
I wasthe sole proprietor for the business; performing all of the duties related to running the business such as maintaining financial records, accountspayable and receivables, and file maintenance. Providedemployment services such as Job Placement, Job Coaching, and Supported Employment Services to make certain consumers with disabilities obtainedappropriate employment given their desires, skills, andabilities.Also provided them with resources to obtainassistance with shelter, food, transportation, childcare, etc.I currently hold certifications from the University of North Texas for the following: Director, Supported Employment Services with a specialization in Autism Spectrum Disorder, Job Placement, Job Coaching, and Employment Specialist. I also hold a certification from the Center on Human Capital for Supported Self-Employment (CBTAC).
- EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (OWNER) at PHOENIX EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
- LICENSING & CREDENTIALLING SPECIALIST at BMS BENEFITS, LLC
- EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST/MANAGER- MAEA 1ST & 2ND at CHANCES
- HUMAN SERVICES TECHNICIAN at TEXAS DEPT. OF REHABILITATION SERVICE
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE degree - ACCOUNTING
Employment Specialist 09/2008 - 10/2018 Family Services, Inc 630 E. Diamond Ave., Gaithersburg, MD Assisted consumers in all aspects of securing and maintaining employment. Instruction on resume preparation, conducting an employment search and presentation to potential employers. Assisted with application completion. Spoke with employers and advocating on behalf of consumers. If consumers are disclosed, maintained communication with those employers to address issues and job coach for success. Report writing and daily contact notes. Developed a Job Keepers Club to support consumers with maintaining successful employment indefinitely.
- Employment Specialist at Family Services, Inc.
- Employment Specialist at Cornerstone Montgomery
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Health Services Management
As employment specialist, Collaborated with different HR community to place people with disabilities in jobs, identifying transferrable skills. Facilitated community events where one could practice interviewing and resume writing. I used "role play" practiced interviewing skills giving clients the opportunity to improve their skills and build confidents.
- Employment Specialist at
- Educational Specialist at Sheppard Pratt Health System
- Certified Nurse Assistant/Rehabilitation Technician at Washington Center for Aging Services
- Residential Counselor at Universal Health Care System
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
- High School Diploma
Responsibilities As an Employment Specialist I process paychecks , draws , fines and restitution. I prepare the weekly financial deposits and transactions. I also assist with filing and secure record keeping. Utilize online job search engines to assist offenders in searching for jobs, maintaining contacts with business organizations and employment agencies, arrange for employment interview, assistant in entering in work agreements, schedules and speaking with Employers to bring the clients a Job. I utilize WRIMS and 3M Offender Monitoring, Monitor inmates GPS via 3M Offender Monitoring, input furlough and work schedules as well resolving 3M violations as they occur. Accomplishments I was able to show some inmates a different outlook on life and I was able to show the compassion but be firm within the field .
- Employment Specialist at The Transition House of Dinsmore
- Assistant Manager at 7-Eleven
- Emergency Dispatch Operator at ADT SECURITY SERVICE
- Customer Service Front End Manager at Wal-Mart
4 years, 1 month at this Job
Employment Specialist MARC Incorporated, Manchester, Connecticut Conduct employment training, assessments, evaluations, time studies of people with disabilities throughout the community as well as on-going progress reports and documentation. Structured intervention techniques are used to help the employee learn to perform job tasks to the employer's specifications job-site training related assessment, job development, counseling, advocacy, travel training and other services needed to maintain employment, job and task analyses, intensive on-site training, task analysis and narrative reports. Assist individuals served in exploring their interests and experience while helping individuals to identify their needs and preferences in work schedules, salary, location, and transportation. Actively support individuals and guide them in determining employment resources to obtain employment in the community. Investigate employment opportunities that match the needs of each individual served. Develop positive relationships with employers throughout the community. Maintain a strong comprehension of individuals' rights in the workplace, as these rights relate to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Complete daily reports and documentation of the work conducted with the individuals toward completing and achieving their goals.
- Employment Specialist at MARC, Incorporated
- Substance Abuse Counselor at The Hartford Dispensary
15 years, 5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Business Administration
- Master of Science - Rehabilitation Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology