As a Employment Specialist i utilizing a case management approach that directly assists homeless veterans as well as provides critical referrals for a variety of supportive services available in Fresno County, Hanford, Kings County, Kern County, Bakersfield, Tulare and Visalia area. Develops an employment case plan in accordance with client's employment and training needs. Help assist an veterans with job placement, training, job development, career counseling, mock interview and resume preparation. Large case load with weekly retentions. A weekly employment leads is provide by email.
- Employment Specialist at Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist Inc
- Job Developer at HVRP R.O.A.D HOME- SJVV- WESTCARE
- Job Developer Specialist at CENTRAL VALLEY
- Monitor at Turning Point
3 months at this Job
- - Criminology/ Sociology
- Conduct all pre-employment paperwork, orientation, interviews, and screenings - Process all applicants I-9's, W-4's, background checks, and drug/alcohol screenings - Review and submit candidate resumes for placement - Manage employee relationships through face-to-face, telephone, and email contact, including explanation of benefits, job coaching, and all hiring and firing as needed - Handle all human relations between the company and client, such as daily email and telephone contact, taking job orders, processing wage changes, and ensuring quality service for any inquiries/issues - Provide support and process payroll for up to 400 employees, including vacation and holiday pay on an as needed basis - Provide new hire and ongoing training for internal staff in multiple office locations - Monitor job posting sites, as well as Social Media involvement - Promoted from Front Office Coordinator to Employment Specialist within 3 months of employment
- Employment Specialist at Express Employment Professionals
- Staffing & Events Coordinator/Administrative Assistant at River of Life
- Server/Customer Service at Applebee's Bar and Grill
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Theology
- Associate of Arts
Employment Specialist working with Intellectual Disabilities. Assisting these individuals in finding employment and maintaining necessary job skills to work in the community.
- Employment Specialist at Suncom Industries
- Collections Specialist at Rotech Healthcare Inc.
- Administrative Shelter Advocate at The Women's Center
- Administrative Assistant at Crossroads Counseling inc.
7 months at this Job
As an Employment Specialist, my main responsibility is to provide employment counseling for individuals with disabilities and barrier towards employment. In collaboration with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, an Employment Specialist helps assist consumers to utilize their skills and abilities to find them employment. Employment Specialist train and coach consumers on resume building, connecting with community resources, interview skills, and enhancing social skills. Other responsibilities include documenting case notes, maintaining client confidentiality records, conducting intake assessments, and on-site job coaching, and coordinating job shadows and temporary work experiences.
- Employment Specialist at Goodwill Industries
- Retail Supervisor at Goodwill Industries
- Intake Specialist at Rogers Memorial Hospital
- Supervisor at Starbucks
11 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Social Work - Social Work
• While working at Express Employment I have been promoted twice. Began my career with them as the Receptionist, I then moved up to Recruiting Assistant, and finally was promoted to Employment Specialist.
• Recruit, interview and match a minimum of 25 skilled individuals with clients' projects, temporary assignments and temporary-to-full-time opportunities per week.
• Conduct orientations, drug tests, and safety training.
• Participate in a minimum of two job fairs per week.
• Conduct a minimum of 50 business to business telephone sales (cold calls).
• Resolve customer service issues quickly and efficiently.
- EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST at EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS
- SENIOR LIFE / OUTREACH COORDINATOR at
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/ SALES SUPPORT at FLUORTEK INC
- RECEIVING CLERK at WORLD CLASS DISTRIBUTION
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S - Business Administration
- ASSOCIATE - Accounting
• Maintain a caseload of 12-15 individuals with mental/physical/intellectual disabilities obtain employment
• Credentials as a job skills coach, a job placement specialist and a supported employment specialist
• Establish relationships with employers, as well as, my clients to find out the perfect job for them
- Employment Specialist at WordReady Texas
- Local Authority Service Coordinator at Central Counties Services MHMR
- Substitute Teacher at Copperas Cove Independent School District
- Killeen Independent School District Substitute Teacher at
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Social Work
- Associate's Degree - General Studies
As an employment specialist, I am working directly with adults that have varying disabilities and are interested in working a job. I am out at the job sites with my clients to help them stay on track and be successful in their jobs. I am able to give guidance, keep them on task and focused, work through any issues that may arise, as well as, helping them learn new tasks to grow in their positions.
- Employment Specialist at Cares of Washington
- Real Estate Broker at Realty One Group
- Para-educator at Life Skills - Evergreen Middle School
- Administrative Assistant at Venture Real Estate
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Employment Specialist, Medicated Assisted Treatment
Assist clients with finding job placement, help them with resume, cover letter and job building skills. Work directly with a team to assist the client that is on Suboxone making sure that their needs are met, and employment is found by working directly with the client and the employer.
• Participate in meetings for employment and job develop in the community for the client
• Create resumes, cover letters based off clients work history and assisted with locating employment
- EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST at BHCARE
- SUBSTITUTE AND LUNCH AIDE at KELLY SERVICES
- GROUP HOME MANAGER at SARAH TUXIS
- CASE MANAGER at LIFECARE
2 months at this Job
- Masters in Human Services - Career Counseling & Vocational Rehabilitation
- Bachelors of Arts in Sociology - Research Methods
The New American Association of MA is a non-profit organization which provides social support services to refugees and immigrants residing on the North Shore. As an Employment Specialist, my main duties include, but are not limited to: - Assess clients needs in regards to the job search and evaluate job readiness level of each client referred to the program; - Provide support to clients to overcome barriers to obtain and retain sustainable employment, make necessary referrals to programs at the NAA, connect clients with mainstream services and programs when necessary; assist with getting child care voucher, etc.; - Conduct job development activities to reach out to new employers and maintain professional relationship with existing employment partners; - Maintain online client file database, including contact notes and job search logs; - Communicate with State Welfare officials (DTA) to determine client case needs and resolve any issues with client welfare benefits; - Collect data and information for monthly and quarterly reports and submit them to our funding agencies.
- Employment Specialist at New American Center
- Legal Intern at Catholic Charities Of Central Florida, Inc.
- Subsitute Teacher at Legacy Academy Charter School
- Office Manager at United Methodist Church
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Pre-Law / Spanish
EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVE To assist an organization in meeting client job placement objectives, job skills training, and employment outreach goals. The ability to utilize my previous work history in multiple areas and learn new skills based upon the needs of a growing stable company. AIM CENTER CHATTANOOGA Employment Specialist - 04/01/2018 - 03/06/2019 Responsible for working side by side performing tasks with members of the clubhouse international who are seeking to become more independent self- sufficient that have a mental illness diagnosis. The positions required many skills including working within the community to find transitional part time employment to enter the workforce. Required to assist members is applying for positions, training on the job and filling in for those members that aren't available to work. Worked closely with all members assisting in training on soft skills, employment skills and resume writing. This positions also required working weekends and evenings occasionally to plan and host socials for holidays. Extensive computer, organizational, communication and marketing skills were required. Flexibility to handle different member questions and personalities was required along with working side by side in a work order day. Require do acquire F endorsement and assisted with transporting clients to work and AIM housing when needed. Documenting member attendance and handling a caseload of 10 to 15 for insurance billing. In depth training on mental Illness along with CPR certified.
- Employment Specialist at AIM CENTER CHATTANOOGA
- JOB PLACEMENT AND TRAINING SPECIALIST at MAXIMUS FAMILIES FIRST
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at WICHMAN MONUMENTS
- DRIVER RECRUITER at US XPRESS
11 months at this Job
- - Communications