June 2016 to PRESENT: Endoscopy Nurse PreOP/IntraOP/PACU. Waldorf Endoscopy 3510 Old Washington Rd Suit 200 - Waldorf, MD. Registered Nurse - Prep and Recover patients for surgical procedures in a fast paced ambulatory setting. Assessment of patients, prep, recover, discharge and follow up of patients. Sedated/medicated and assisted patients during IntraOP procedures as needed. Applied administative skills when needed and maintained organization of units. Applied critical thinking and teamwork approach. ACLS and BLS certified.
- Endoscopy Nurse PreOP/IntraOP/PACU at Waldorf Endoscopy
- Infusion Nurse at MedproRX/Diplomat Specialty Infusion group
- RN at Amotec Inc
- GI Endoscopy Sedation/Preop/Recovery RN at Loyal Source Government Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
- Associate - Arts and Sciences Nursing Transfer
I have been a nurse for 17 years.I have pre op /pacu 5 10 plus years.Pre op -admit endoscopy unit at ochsner pre op /intra op and post op .I have done home health since and am looking for my love in nursing same day surgery/endoscopy
- Pre op endoscopy nurse at Ochsner
- Pre op/pacu/cath lab at La heart hospital
9 months at this Job
- ad - nursing
● Prepared and recover patients before and after endoscopic procedures.
● Educated patients about procedures, test results, and GI diseases.
● Assisted with Colonoscopy, EUS, Upper Endoscopy, Botox injections, ERCP, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastroscopy procedures.
● Assist patient with pain management and provide emotional support.
- Endoscopy Nurse at UNC Health Care
- Behavioral Health Registered Nurse at Cornerstone Treatment Facility
- Endoscopy Nurse at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital
- Preoperative and Post Anesthesia Care Nurse at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Nursing
- Bachelors of Arts - Social Science
- Associate of Arts
1. Maintain a high standard of nursing care to patients undergoing Endoscopic procedures. 2. Providing technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures ensuring safe working practice. 3. Maintain personal contact with patients and relatives, being sensitive to their needs with courtesy, dignity and privacy and ensuring a friendly environment at all times. 4. Maintain timely and accurate nursing records and ensuring that confidentiality is respected. 5. Storing, checking and administering drugs in accordance with established standards and guidelines. 6. Participating in the care and maintenance of endoscopes and other specialized equipment. Ensuring an agreed standard of decontamination at all times. 7. Ensure the safe discharge of all patients from the Endoscopy Section. 8. Maintain a safe and clean environment within the clinical area in accordance with established standards and regulation.
- Endoscopy Nurse at Army General Hospital, ASCOM, Philippine Army
- Operating Room Nurse at Armed Forces of the Philippines Health Service Command
- Staff Nurse ( Medical Intensive Care Unit) at Armed Forces Of the Philippines Health Service Command
- Staff Nurse ( Female Surgical Ward) at Armed Forces of the Philippines Health Service Command
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Bachelor's - Physical Therapy
* Pre-op nurse for pediatric and adult patients * Able to float to pre-op and post operative areas * Nurse for fast paced Endoscopy cases including conscious sedation
- Perioperative and Endoscopy Nurse at Kelsey Seybold - Main Campus Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Staff Nurse II / Preceptor at The Methodist Hospital- Outpatient Center AOD/PACU
- Clinical Academic Nurse II at The Methodist Hospital- Cardiovascular Surgery Associates
- Staff Nurse II / Preceptor at The Methodist Hospital
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Preops and assesses endoscopy patients. Circulates for a variety of endoscopy procedures, including: EGD; colonoscopy; ERCP; and Bronchoscopy. Monitors and charts procedures while ensuring safe patient care. Recovering endoscopy patients after anesthesia and sedation. Teaching patients and family about their procedures and conditions.
- Full-time Endoscopy Nurse at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- Full-time Med. Surg. & Orthopedic Nurse at Mountain Vista Medical Center
- Charge RN, Pool at Westminster Village
- Substitute School Nurse PRN at Mesa Public Schools
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Science & Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Nursing
- - Certified Medical Assistant
- Master of Science in Nursing - ACNP-AG
• Ensured the preoperative area had a clean and therapeutic environment for all patients.
• Ensured supplies and equipment needed were available and in good working order.
• Admitted patient to unit and prepared him/her for scheduled procedure in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identified patient by name and ensured accuracy of ID band.
• Verified NPO status.
• Performed accurate and complete assessment of patient.
• Obtained vital signs: blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, oxygen saturation, and EKG as needed.
• Identified patient's physical and mental status.
• Monitored the patient's medical condition and reported any significant findings and/or changes to admitting physician or anesthesiologist.
• Ensured surgical consent, preoperative test results, history and physical were in the medical record prior to scheduled procedure.
• Utilized clinical expertise in intravenous therapy.
• Administered pre-op medications as ordered by admitting physician.
• Monitored and maintained established safety, environmental and infection control standards. Recovery/Post Anesthesia Care:
• Established safe and encouraging environment.
• Performed post-anesthesia patient assessment and review of medical history.
• Identified/initiated emergent situations and procedures.
• Monitored vital signs (heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, and respiratory rate).
• Communicated changes in patient status to Physician, Anesthesiologist, and/or Charge Nurse.
• Reviewed and implemented physician orders.
• Treated symptoms of post-operative nausea and vomiting..
• Monitor surgical site(s) for bleeding, discharge, swelling, redness, etc.
• Educated client and responsible guardian of post-operative instruction, including infection, post-operatic complications, preventative measures, and medication administration. Operating Room Nurse:
• Provide essential care of patients undergoing procedures for screening, diagnosis, and/or treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
• Maintained timely and accurate nursing records.
• Responsible for procedure documentation, obtaining and accurately labeling any specimens taken for pathology during the procedure.
• Assisted physicians with colonoscopies, esophogastroduodenoscopies, liver biopsies, EUS, and capsule endoscopies.
• Assessed patient's readiness for endoscopy procedures, identifying pertinent medical information, establishing intravenous access line, and assess special needs to ensure a positive patient outcome.
• Provided patient education regarding Endoscopic procedures and patient expectations as well as discharge instructions. .
- Preoperative/PACU/OR Endoscopy Nurse at USPI
- Preoperative Nurse/PACU Nurse at US Pain and Spine Institute
- Preoperative Nurse at Kingsland
- Intensive Care Unit Nurse at Kingwood Medical Center
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
- - Medical Technician
Extensive Or experience Preop intra and recovery of endoscopy clients. Performed bedside bronchscopy and GI ICU clients.Charge nurse duties and certification CGRN and CNOR
- Endoscopy Nurse at IU Health Methodist Hospital
- RN Staff Nurse at St Francis Hospital
18 years at this Job
• Assess and ready inpatient/outpatients for procedures in fast-paced environment. Insert peripheral IV's and Power Port's, organized in maintaining patient paperwork, history, current medications, physician orders, vital signs, progress notes, and patient consents.
• Demonstrate knowledge of endoscopic procedures and expertise in use of pertinent equipment.
• Administer conscious sedation and monitor patient during endoscopy procedures in GI Lab, ER and ICU cases. Work in conjunction with CRNA and GI Lab team with cases in the OR.
• Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner while complying with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines for all procedures.
• Effectively recover patients in post-anesthesia monitoring in both Moderate Sedation and Monitored Anesthesia cases.
• Provide safe discharge education regarding disease process, procedure outcome, orders from physician and medications.
• Maintain on-call schedule beyond weekly work regimen.
• Serve as a resource to co-workers.
- Endoscopy Nurse GI Lab at North Kansas City Hospital
- Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse at North Kansas City Hospital
- Case Manager/Home Health Registered Nurse at St. Luke's
- Staff Nurse at SSM Health
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate in Applied Science - Nursing
- BSBA - Management
• Performing Esophageal Motility Studies while monitoring of patients with the insertion of EMS probe. I also edit these studies and create a final report for physicians.
• Perform capsule endoscopy for patients. Give discharge instructions to patients.
• Perform Bravo studies with proper deployment of capsule.
• Maintain and troubleshoots all endoscopy scopes and related equipment.
• PACU care of pt. Including monitoring, discharge instruction
• Carries out physician and nursing orders, including assisting with performing procedures as appropriate. ie: Upper and lower EUS, ERCP, Panendoscopy, Colonoscopy, Bronchoscopy.
• Perform Celiac Plexus block for treatment of chronic pain.
- Endoscopy Nurse RN at Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
- Endoscopy RN at St Vincent Riverside Medical center
- Endoscopy RN Assistant Clinical Manager at North Shore Gastroenterology LLC
- Endoscopy RN at Gastroenterology Associates of Cleveland Inc
10 months at this Job
- Diploma of Nursing - Nursing