• Provide care for patients undergoing endoscopy procedures, primarily colonoscopies and gastroscopies.
• Interview patients to obtain medical information, measuring patients' vital signs, weight, height, glucose, INR and IV insertion.
• Administer medications for conscious sedation during procedures, including versed, fentanyl and Demerol.
• Observe and monitor patients after receiving Propofol provided by anesthesia.
- Endoscopy Nurse at Harbor Medical Associates - South Shore Endoscopy Center
- Float Nurse/ Clinical Triage at Harbor Medical Associates - South Shore Endoscopy Center
- Epic Super User, MediTech, Allscrips EHR & PM, Pyxis, Lotus Notes, Wound Expert at South Shore Hospital
- Home Care Nurse at Upham's Community Health Center
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts - Public Health
- Associate of Science - Natural Science
• Assisting physician with endoscopy procedures
• Assisting physician with pain management injections
• IV initiation
• Documentation of procedures
- Endoscopy Nurse at Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital
- Nurse Case Manager at Molina Healthcare
- Med Surg RN at Springfield Regional Medical Center
- Charge Nurse, Westminster Thurber at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Nursing - Nursing
• Perform physical assessments of all patients. Identified and addressed patient care issues. Ensured proper care of all adult, children and newborns.
• Educate patients and family members of treatments, medication, and discharge care as well as follow up care.
• Prepared for procedures as an appropriate and operated instruments, supplies and equipment in a manner that is cost effective without compromising quality of care.
• Oversaw patient care flow and prioritized procedures with physicians and anesthesia.
• Five years of endoscopy, four of which are in advanced endoscopy, ten years of Critical Care, eight years of Maternal Child Care and fifteen years of medical/surgical and telemetry.
• Performed as charge nurse.
- Endoscopy Nurse-RN at Crozer Chester Medical Center
- Nurse-RN at Riddle Memorial Hospital
30 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Disciplined, energetic employee who quickly establishes rapport with patients and colleagues. Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments. Made sure the patient understood their condition and medical regimen. Evaluated and recorded patient's conditions Rendered initial care and assessment of patients of all ages. Collected specimen samples, evaluated and recorded the results. Provided psychological support to the patient and their families. Administered medication and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Performed other duties such as taking histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering, interpreting and performing appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests for patients. IV drug therapy management including Port-a-caths and PICC lines. Excellent IV initiation skills Conscious Sedation with monitoring and charting. Post Anesthesia recovery of patients and discharge nurse.
- Endoscopy Nurse at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Nurse at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Registered Nurse/House Supervisor/Clinical Nurse Leader at FirstHealth of the Carolinas
- Registered Nurse at FirstHealth of the Carolinas
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
Directly accountable for demonstrating focus, teamwork, and excellent nursing skills/abilities while assisting with endoscopy procedures as well as pre and post-endoscopy nursing activities. Work collaboratively within a team of healthcare and medical professionals and continually look for opportunities to support co-workers and patients.
• Assess patients for potential health issues that may impact treatment, monitor patients throughout the cycle of care and intervene as appropriate, and assist physicians with sedation of patients receiving endoscopy care.
• Maintain a safe, secure, and positive work environment at all times by ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations, governing policies and procedures, and accepted nursing and healthcare standards.
• Establish rapport with patients and their families and maintain positive working relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Endoscopy Nurse at Mount Sinai Doctors Long Island
- Charge Nurse (Ambulatory Surgery / Endoscopy) at Northern Dutchess Hospital
- RN - Med/Surg & Pre-Op Admissions at Benedictine Hospital
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
- Endoscopy Nurse at Endoscopy Center of Connecticut
- Hospice Nurse at Season's Hospice
- Labor and Delivery Room Nurse at Bridgeport Hospital
- Triage Nurse at OBGYN of Milford
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Registered Nurse (RN) at Baptist Health
- Registered Nurse (RN) at Heritage Medical Associates
- Registered Nurse (RN) at St. Thomas Hospital
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Worked within a procedure center admitting and recovering patients undergoing endoscopy related procedures. Assisted the physician during endoscopy procedures. Performed IV insertion, IV therapy, and vital signs. Monitored the patient during the procedure being performed by the physician. Educated patients on what to expect before, during and after each procedure. Ensured patients understood discharge instructions and were safe to discharge home. Performed follow up phone calls to patients who underwent endoscopy procedures to determine their status and any further needs.
- Endoscopy Nurse at Digestive Health Associates
- Nurse at OB-GYN
- Occupational Health Specialist at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Home Health Nurse at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
2 months at this Job
- - Associate
• Obtained patient history, developmental status, behavior and health concerns from patient and family.
• Completed physical and psycho-social assessment based on interview, examination and review of clinical data.
• Responsible for the physical and emotional needs of patient while in clinic.
• Assisted physicians with endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures.
• Reported any abnormal change in patients' condition to the doctor or anesthesiologist/CRNA.
- ENDOSCOPY NURSE at DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY, INC
- HOME HEALTH NURSE/NURSE AIDE at BRIGHTSTAR HEALTHCARE
- AUDIT SPECIALIST at EXCELLENCE IN MOTIVATION
- TRAVEL ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR at EXCELLENCE IN MOTIVATION
5 years at this Job
- DIPLOMA - Nursing
- None - Genreal Business
- Endoscopy Nurse at HCA
- Endoscopy Charge Nurse at HCA at Palms West
- Endoscopy Nurse at HCA at Palms West
- Cardiovascular-Lab Circulator Nurse at Palms West
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Nursing