1709 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT. 84088
• Jordan School District has schools in West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, Herriman and Bluffdale Utah. There are approximately 64 schools and buildings that the District maintains. 6/2014 - Present, Steve Peart 801-567-8770 Part of the original 3 member Energy Managers team I developed and implement an energy policy for the school district. Compiled formal reports outlining realized and projected energy savings In the first year we documented energy cost savings in excess of $750,000. During the second year we exceeded $1,000,000 in savings and incentives that included an Energy Manager co-funding award of $40,000 from Rocky Mountain Power in recognition of over 1MkW in energy savings. To date about $5.5 Million in incentives and cost savings.
- Energy Manager at Jordan School District
- Energy Engineering Associate at ETC Group LLC
- Manufacturing Field Service Engineer at IMFT Inc
- Engineering Technician at IMFT Inc.
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Energy Management
- Associate - Electronics and Computer Technology
A demonstrated record of success and achievement at this major university, marked by a series of promotions to positions of increased influence, authority, and accountability. As Business Energy Manager, fulfills a critical role formulating strategies to measure and reduce the energy consumption related to the operations of the University's data center. Served as the architect of a data-driven, objective process to collect energy usage information from business and engineering stakeholders, serving as the basis for the calculation of the financial and performance impact anticipated from the migration of servers to the data center, estimated to generate over $1M in savings. - Led extensive research into the qualifications and capabilities of multiple vendors, building a recommendation based on an assessment of sustainability criteria. - Serves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert, providing guidance and direction on sustainability issues and strategies to service managers. - Collaborates with sustainability leaders at other data centers to identify trends in energy consumption and share best practices and lessons learned.
- BUSINESS ENERGY MANAGER at THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER at THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- PROJECT MANAGER AND CONSULTANT at THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems
- Bachelor's - Energy and Sustainability Policy
Practical Energy Management Group, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia 2009-current
Consulting service offering energy management services to organizations.
Adient US LLC, Plymouth Michigan
SENIOR ENERGY MANAGER
Management of $60 million energy portfolio in North and South America. Contract negotiation, strategic energy
management recommendations for production operations.
Great Lakes Water Authority/Detroit Water and Sewerage
Development and implementation of an energy management program including facility and operational energy audits,
benchmarking, usage analysis, tariff contract negotiations, energy data base development and employee participation
programs leading to operational energy usage reduction of ten percent annually.
Efficiency United of Michigan
ENERGY MANAGEMENT TRAINING INSTRUCTOR
Training for contractor groups who participate in utility efficiency programs. Topics included new technology in energy
management, business development, financing and sales. Curriculum development and presentation.
DTE ENERGY OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM(S)
ENERGY PROGRAM MANAGER
Provided expertise and management within the DTE "Use Less - Save More" statewide energy efficiency program. Managed
multi-year operations, including budgetary oversight, and directed the activities and performance of 21 staff members.
Developed and implemented new program initiatives and led continuous improvements to identify gaps and improve key
• Engaged in forecasting, budget compilation, resource management, change management and risk assessment.
• Delivered technical advantages to energy service companies and contractors
• Provided market collateral materials and strategic development to meet corporate goals
• Served as the technical consultant for the All Facilities Energy Groups, administering energy program incentives and advertisement services
• Conducted QA/QC technical project reviews and created system designs, ensuring all documentation was current and accurate to meet continuous process improvement reviews.
• Carried out technical training sessions for a variety of stakeholders
• Engaged in technical reviews of projects and delivered a strategic energy program presentation to energy decision makers for the "Energy Save PA" program active in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia
• Recruited for and managed the Energy Save PA program's subprogram: Contractor/Trade Ally Network., ensuring goals were met within budgetary constraints, and prepared monthly reports for client utilization
• Conducted energy audits, facility and energy billing analysis, and project management
• Delivered commercial and industrial energy analysis for DTE Energy's program under the DOE Federal Reinvestment in Energy Block Grant Act for governmental and non-profit commercial business segments, developing energy management strategies to drive operating cost reductions
• Designed and implemented an energy and resource management control program for Spartan Stores, Inc., achieving an energy usage reduction rate of 13% in year one
• Developed and implemented an employee energy program, exceeding all corporate energy reduction objectives and improving utilization factors
- SENIOR ENERGY MANAGER at Practical Energy Management Group, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia
- SENIOR ENERGY PROJECT MANAGER at Johnson Controls, Inc., Michigan
- SENIOR ENERGY MANAGER at Consumers Energy Corp. / Lansing Board of Water and Light, Michigan
10 years at this Job
- M.S. - Business Management
- CEM &CEPP - Energy
- LEED GA - Energy and Sustainability
Leading Energy initiatives for District with 21 buildings and significant cost savings. Broad responsibilities include analysis and implementation of energy saving initiatives for short and long term strategic planning, budgeting, board preparation, research to support new school development
• Received Energy Star performance award for leading a cross business team of senior Park Hill staff and energy consultants to uncover the key drivers of energy inefficiencies and identify the best opportunities to reduce cost.
• Achieved cost savings of $7 million through 2018.
- Energy Manager at Park Hill School District
- Server at Bonefish Grill
- Executive Administrative Assistant at Park Hill School District
- Hostess, Server and Corporate Trainer at Black- eyed Pea
17 years at this Job
• Manage electricity and natural gas procurement for all deregulated U.S. locations.
• Manage energy efficiency strategies/ savings using energy management systems, data capture, and analytics.
• Manage/ Coordinate with building operations and maintenance for energy efficiency and sustainability.
• Manage, coordinate, and capture federal, state, and utility rebate incentives for energy efficiency efforts.
• Manage water/ sewer credit programs with local utilities.
• Manage EPA Energy Star Portfolio Manager for required state/ city energy benchmarking and auditing.
• Manage corporate annual budgets for building utilities, vendor management fees, and energy projects.
• Manage utility bill management operations, utility accounts and services, and database web access.
• Manage company arc flash program, reoccurring inspections, and training for NFPA 70E compliance.
• Manage company infrared inspections, progress of identified repairs, and reports for all locations.
- Corporate Energy Manager at The Neiman Marcus Group LLC
- TRAINING INSTRUCTOR, ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP (PART-TIME) at Independent Electrical Contractors Association
- ENERGY MANAGER (TEMPORARY) at Radio Shack, Inc.
- MANAGER - ENERGY MANAGEMENT at Michaels Stores, Inc.
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Facility Management
- Associate - Educational and Instructional Technology
- Associate - Mechanical and Electrical Technology
• Assume role of Director of Facilities Operations in his absence
• Managed the HVAC, power, and lighting requirements for the 2106 Vice Presidential Debate held on campus
• Monitor and manage the energy consumption for a campus community totaling over 3.1+ million gross ft2
• Reduced energy consumption by 4% compared to a 2011 baseline. Cost per ft2 reduction from $1.95 to $1.32. Maintain one of the lowest MMBtu per ft2 rates in the Commonwealth
• Manage the campus building automation system. A key milestone is the consolidation of 4 automation system platforms onto 1 system
• Manage the daily operations of the HVAC, Controls, and Preventative Maintenance shops
• Customer service focused crisis management during equipment outages or terminal failures
• Provided facilities outreach through conference booths, as guest lecturer, marketing materials, and presentations regarding our biomass boiler plant and other energy saving initiatives
- Energy Manager at LONGWOOD UNIVERSITY
- Metering Supervisor at UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
- Industrial Sales/ Field Services Manager at INDUSTRIAL POWER SYSTEMS
- EPG Technician/ Western VA Regional Representative at FIDELITY ENGINEERING CORP
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Diploma - Energy Management
Managed 158 buildings in Real Estate portfolio, with 9.3 million covered square feet. Manage energy procurement and conservation. Create Energy Champions team to be eyes and ears on the ground to identify new energy conservation opportunities, from Lighting to HVAC work. Conduct long-term commodity block purchases of natural gas and electricity. Optimize space utilization for energy efficiency. Manage utility bills auditing and energy budget forecasting. Work with utility companies and NYSERDA for accessing energy-efficiency incentives. Conduct ASHRAE LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 on-site audits; energy benchmarking and assessment and analyze energy consumption metrics to identify opportunities for energy savings. Identify and prioritize energy capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy consumption; Flag energy conservation measures which were implemented across the portfolio. Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy and sustainability activities as required. Prepare Business Cases, Cost-Benefit Analyses, and other reports, and present findings and recommendations to client & other stakeholders.
- Portfolio Energy Manager at Jones Lang LaSalle
- Operations Manager at Davidian Development Company/Donaldson Energy Group
- Energy Manager at Fairfax County Government
- Energy Performance Manager at American Synthetic Rubber Company
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Certified Energy Manager
Hire and train, payroll , scheduling. There's numerous things that come with being a manager biggest accomplishment, being able to build a team for a new department and creating lead generator, canvassers and consultants
- Field energy Manager at Smart 72
- Solar Consultant at Sun Run
- Field Energy Consultant at Solar city
- Sanitation Tech at Taylor farms
11 months at this Job
- AA - Construction management
• Develop and manage over $9 million in statewide energy & water conservation, efficiency, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects and development of strategic plan for $20M over 3-5 years and beyond
• Develop and utilize strategies to track, manage, and analyze all energy and other utility data across approximately one million square feet of federal and state facilities
• Set sustainability goals; guide strategy and implementation to comply with Executive Order 13423, EPAct, EISA, and other relevant federal and state regulations
• Provide guidance to CFMO and other departments for project design and management related to energy efficiency, auditing, conservation, and other areas of sustainability
• Continued education, training, and research regarding new methods, technologies, funding sources, and professional and technical knowledge
• Established internship program with local universities, significantly expanded recycling program, established EV Charging program, educated hundreds of soldiers, staff, and community members
• National Committee Chair for the FEAC Energy/Sustainability subcommittee as well as participation in multiple local committees and working groups
- State Energy Manager at Delaware Army National Guard
- Energy Management Analyst III at Delaware Army National Guard
- Energy Intern at Delaware Army National Guard
- Research Associate at Energy and Environmental Policy at the University of Delaware
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Energy Executive Leadership Academy - Energy, Environment, Sustainability
- - Energy Management
- PhD - Energy and Environmental Policy
- Master of Science in Coastal Zone Management - Coastal Zone Management
- Master of Science in Environmental Education - Environmental Education
- Certification in Coastal Zone Management
Delivered 145% of client's annual energy savings target (1.6M kWh) in 2017 and 150% (2.9M kWh) in 2018 through various Energy Initiative Actions (EIAs) that conform with Deutsche Bank's guidelines.
• Generated benchmarking reports for NYC Local Law 87 and Mayor's Carbon Challenge; where NYC locations were showcased as a published case study.
• Oversight of two LEED O&M recertification projects. One involved upgrading from Silver to Gold rating.
• Administered Demand Response programs with NYISO and Con Edison. Generating annual revenue stream of ~$190k.
• Served as SME for utility based incentive programs and energy measures for smaller accounts in the NYC area.
- Regional Energy Manager, Americas at CBRE Group Inc
- Acting Engineering Manager at Lockheed Martin Energy
- at Lockheed Martin Energy
- Senior Staff Engineer at Lockheed Martin Energy
2 years at this Job
- M.S. - Energy Management
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
- A.A.S. - Laser and Fiber Optic Technology
- High School Diploma