Engineering director for managing TIBCO's loyalty program called TIBCO Rewards. The platform supports some of the largest retailers in US and abroad. Kohl's, Target, Discovery Financial Services, M&S, Desigual are some of the clients we serve.
➢ Managing a group of 10 engineers. Offshore in India and in the US. The team constitutes Web Developers, Database developers and Release engineers.
➢ Weekly interaction with customers to understand the enhancement requests, issue triaging, escalation resolution and upcoming release updates.
➢ Weekly meetings with project manager, internal customer service and internal client service management teams to prioritize and schedule new features and issues/bugs.
➢ Help team members with technical challenges and help architecture solutions for difficult engineering problems.
➢ Interact with DBA team to schedule upgrades, patches, adopt new SQL server features.
➢ Mentoring the cross-team members on best practices, efficient software development methods and communication.
➢ Develop documentation of processes and methods to create a library of knowledge to help new members of the team.
➢ Reduced the number of customer escalations from ~25 a year to less than 5 in less than a year.
➢ Reduced the post-release application bugs to less than 5% by enforcing rigorous QA validations and increasing the time between production deployments.
➢ Hands-on database development to optimize and improve performance of the application by fine-tuning and refactoring database objects.
- Engineering Director at TIBCO Software
- Data Engineer Manager at Solar City/Tesla
- Database Team Lead at Kaiser Permanente
- Senior Database Developer/Eagle PACE Developer at Fisher Investments
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. In Computer Science and Engineering - Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering Director at Springfield Engineering Company
- Commercial Sales Manager at Knight Heating & Air Conditioning
- HVAC Equipment Estimator & Sales at Trane
- Sales Engineer at HYSPECO, Inc
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering Management
Senior Engineering Director (April 2007 to Nov 2018) Responsible for Security Technology for all Seagate Storage Products (2010 – November 2018): Established Global Firmware Processes – DevOps (2007 to November 2018) Established Seagate’s First Global Firmware Infrastructure Tools (2007 to November 2018) Established Co-simulation support for Global Firmware Organization (2007 – August 2017) SAS & SATA Interface Protocol Subsystem (August 2017 to November 2018) Senior Engineering Director (September 2003 to July 2007) Responsible for establishing Global Code Base for Seagate Disk Drive Products. Senior Engineering Manager (March 1998 to September 2003) Responsible for all aspects of Read/Write Firmware, Co-simulation and the integration of all ATA and SATA SOCs for Seagate’s desk top disk drives.
• Managed a Global team of 21 professionals that included Security Engineering Technologists, Directors, Managers and Engineers. These resources were located in both the U.S. and Singapore.
• Drove the team to launch 3 Generations of Security Technology worth ~$1B in revenue
• Drove close coordination of multiple engineering teams, standard committees, Business units and Customers.
• Drove BIC software engineering practices (Requirements Management, Code and Design Reviews, CCBs, etc)
• Defined and implemented Firmware processes based on the Capability Maturing Model Integrated (CMMI) to help the Global Firmware organization to drive towards level 2 of the CMMI model. This includes Project Planning, Monitoring and Control, Requirements Management, Measure and Analysis, Process and Project Quality Assurance and Configuration Management.
• Chaired Global Firmware Steering committee. This team was responsible for approving all processes.
• Represented the Global Firmware organization in Seagate’s Super Platform forum. This required the coordination of activities between multiple engineering teams to address technical gaps in supporting Seagate’s product roadmaps.
• Responsible for all of Seagate’s firmware infrastructure tools that included the version control system (~1000 users), task tracking system (~2,500 users), code review system (~300 users) and code base health system (~350 users).
• Responsible for ensuring that embedded Firmware is staged for all Seagate’s SoCs (System on a Chip)
• Responsible for ensuring that all Technologies and Feature development, for SAS and SATA interfaces, are delivered to HDD Product Roadmap.
• Managed a team of 18 professionals that included Managers and Engineers.
• Was the lead for a global development team that was responsible for establishing a common code base that would support all of Seagate’s products that were being designed at 5 design centers including Singapore.
• Coordinated the development and release of Seagate’s first common firmware infrastructure tools that included the version control, task tracking and code review systems.
• Managed a team of 11 Firmware Engineers.
• Established Seagate’s first Co-simulation engineering team for ATA and SATA SOCs.
• Responsible for the quality of the code base that was used by 50 developers. This required the coordination of design reviews, code reviews, training classes and mentoring programs.
Senior Engineering Director (April 2007 to Nov 2018)
Responsible for Security Technology for all Seagate Storage Products (2010 – November 2018):
Established Global Firmware Processes – DevOps (2007 to November 2018)
Established Seagate’s First Global Firmware Infrastructure Tools (2007 to November 2018)
Established Co-simulation support for Global Firmware Organization (2007 – August 2017)
SAS & SATA Interface Protocol Subsystem (August 2017 to November 2018)
Senior Engineering Director (September 2003 to July 2007)
Responsible for establishing Global Code Base for Seagate Disk Drive Products.
Senior Engineering Manager (March 1998 to September 2003)
Responsible for all aspects of Read/Write Firmware, Co-simulation and the integration of all ATA and SATA SOCs for Seagate’s desk top disk drives.
- Sr. Engineering Director at Seagate Technology
- Firmware Engineering Manager/Principal Engineer/Advisory Engineer at Integral Peripherals
- Electrical/Servo Engineer at Maxtor/Miniscribe
20 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology - control systems and computer technologies
• Led engineering team in new product development and product change management; implemented required processes for change management and engineering development.
• Designed engineering development processes for new ISO certification and process documentation; staged process for product development including training and establishing the standard procedures.
• Defined R&D effort for advanced Power Supply design; created documentation with development design on plan; highly reliable design will increase the warranty time.
• Addressed P&L operations improvements in test and product screening, including production of lean development builds, process documentation, and developing key KPI measures leading to ISO certification.
• Upgraded the core competency of the engineering organization hiring staff while addressing new product design tools with key process definitions for design reviews and development metrics.
- Engineering Director at Wilorco Military Power Supplies
- General Manager at
- Principal Program Manager at SafrAn Morpho
- Senior Program Manager at Arrowhead Products
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Technical Management - Engineering
- Bachelors of Science in Physical Chemistry - Physical Chemistry
• Design and develop physical access control hardware
• Create access control system architecture and specifications
• Lead and direct multiple engineering teams to maintain alignment to goals
• Maintain core relationships critical to development success including contractors, engineering partners, and regulatory agencies
• Ensure appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives
• Provide managerial and technical solutions
• Ensure tracking and reporting of department metrics to measure performance and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Embedded Systems Project Management of multi-location teams
• Experience with outsourced manufacturing operations globally
• Define processes and procedures to drive the engineering units while ensuring department budget is met to complete goals efficiently
• Manage legal and certification requirements including FCC/IC/CE/UL
• Oversee technical and professional development of the engineering function
• Manage crisis resolution to ensure continuous flow of product and development
• Lead and direct work for team of employees as defined by business needs
• Provide knowledge and guidance to professional staff
• Consistent exercise of judgment and discretion in business matters
• Program management of multinational projects
- Engineering Director at Proxess LLC
- Engineering Manager Readers & Credentials at Allegion PLC
- Sr. Software Engineer at Ingersoll-Rand Security & Safety Technologies
- Software Engineer at Corometrics Medical Systems / GE Medical Systems
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
Direct multiple teams, including the Virtual Environments SaaS Product Development Team, Platform Performance and Scalability Team, DevOps Team, and Video Streaming Solution Developers. Streamline the product release cycle for the Virtual Environments Team to achieve high quality release in a timely manner.
• Design product roadmaps through coordination with clients and product management.
• Contributed toward constructing and executing the transition plan to migrate the Virtual Environment product suite from flash-based application to HTML5-based products, enabling the launch of mobile applications in the process
• Evangelized technologies, including Ngnix, ELK, Logi BI Reporting, Jenkins Continous Integration, StatusPage.IO, XMPP, PureLoad & JMeter Load Testing; significant impact led to the adoption of these technologies across the entire engineering organization.
• Guided the Virtual Environments Team, developing the team from local development to distributed team with members in Columbia, India, Spain, and the United States of America.
• Managed the Platform Performance and Scalability Team, directing the development and design of analytics tools, load testing principles, and standard application monitoring and alerting; Standardize on NewRelic and ELK for monitoring across engineering organization.
• Currently serving as project manager for the cloud-initiative project to scope and define the technology roadmap to migrate from existing CoLocation-based data center to a hybrid-cloud infrastructure; process requires buy-in and implementation co-ordinations between engineering, network operations, IT teams.
• Served in multiple roles including Backend Software Engineer, Senior Engineering Manager and Engineering Director
- Senior Engineering Director at ON24, INCORPORATED
- Senior Software Engineer at JETEYE INCORPORATED
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Master Of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
Tehran, Iran. April 2013- Present Managing 6 technical disciplines, total of 40 engineers and 20 draftsman, working on various aspects of EPC Projects corresponding to the design and manufacturing of the Steel Making Plants including Midrex DRI Plants and EAF + CCM Plants. Managing 5 control and planning engineers for planning and monitoring Engineering projects.
- Engineering Director at Steel Making Plants
- Senior Technical Adviser and Project Coordinator at Heavy Equipment Production Company
- Project Manager at Synchrotron Light Source at Institute for Physics and Mathematics (IPM)
- Senior Project Manager at Sarcheshmeh Copper Complex (SCC), Kerman, Iran at Energy Efficiency Measures
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.Sc. - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. - Mechanical Engineering
- - Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineers
As the Director of Engineering for the Sinclair stations in Reno, Nevada I oversee the technical and broadcast operations of KRNV, KRXI, KAME and KENV to include the multiple sub-channels/streams on each station as well as the multiple remote translator locations in the northern Nevada region. We've recently re-branded the KAME station as the "Nevada Sports Network" and with that incorporated additional local sports content production as well as airing many local high school, university and professional live games including the Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC, Las Vegas Golden Nights hockey, Las Vegas Aces WNBA and several San Francisco Giants games. This facility incorporates a robust station automation utilizing the Grass Valley iTX system, the Ross Overdrive system for news production automation and the NewTek Tricaster TC1 for our NSN productions.
As the Director of Engineering for the Sinclair stations in Reno, Nevada I oversee the technical and broadcast operations of KRNV, KRXI, KAME and KENV to include the multiple sub-channels/streams on each station as well as the multiple remote translator locations in the northern Nevada region.
We've recently re-branded the KAME station as the "Nevada Sports Network" and with that incorporated additional local sports content production as well as airing many local high school, university and professional live games including the Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC, Las Vegas Golden Nights hockey, Las Vegas Aces WNBA and several San Francisco Giants games.
This facility incorporates a robust station automation utilizing the Grass Valley iTX system, the Ross Overdrive system for news production automation and the NewTek Tricaster TC1 for our NSN productions.
- Engineering Director at Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Chief Engineer at KPIX-TV / KBCW-TV (CBS O&O Stations)
- Regional Director of Engineering - West Coast at ION Media Networks
- Director of Engineering at WLWT-TV (NBC Affiliate)
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's equivalent - Electronics, RF systems, Computer Control and Data Processing
Digital Customer Experience Leading a high speed engineering team to partner with Paypal/Venmo for enabling Peer to Peer transactions and split transactions. Delivered an innovative and business critical payment solution using QR code on the mobile plat- form in India market. Leading a global team to drive the delivery of mobile native app features in IOS and Android across 21 markets globally. Led the company critical initiative to migrate all services powering the native apps to cloud based infrastructure on open shift technology. Instilled an agile mindset by implementing innovative practices that encourages continuous im- provement in process efficiency, product quality and skills uplift for the team members Rolled out AMEX Pay ( HCE Wallet in Android ) for the UK, CA and IN markets. Implemented QR payment in India and Singapore Transformed the development process to use the state of the art technologies including Git for source code management, use Swift 4 for ios development and use the latest libraries for Android including DataBinding, Retrofit, Dagger and constraint layouts.
- Engineering Director at American Express
- Director at Technical Project Delivery
- Technical Architect at
- Senior Manager - Projects at Cognizant Technology Solutions
3 years, 5 months at this Job
June 2018 - June 2019 Directed Maintenance and Capital Engineering activities for facility. Managed 4MM maintenance budget and 1.4MM Capital Budget. Position included direct supervision of three salaried employees, and indirect supervision of 19 maintenance technicians.
- Maintenance and Engineering Director at Jacob Holm Industries America Inc
- Reliability Engineer at First Quality Tissue
- Project Management at Tara Materials Inc
- Maintenance Superintendent at Blue Ridge Paper Products Inc
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Engineering - Engineering
- BS - Industrial and Systems Engineering