● Project Manager of resistance spot welding and projection welding.
● Lead and manage a multifunction team of mechanical and welding engineers.
● Assist CEO for project quoting and smooth delivering.
● Conduct research and studies on electrical and material interaction processes;
● Assists in the design of project objectives that will meet determined requirements;
● Evaluate engineering data to ensure successful progress and completion of assignments;
● Evaluate ongoing projects, make recommendations and directs necessary changes in the methods or processes;
● Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications;
● Provide technical support to sales force and customers;
● Design, install, and test automated welding systems and solutions and welding and mechanical testing fixtures for conducting experiments;
● Perform qualification testing and write test reports. Accomplishments:
● Group leader of resistance welding qualification test for almost all automotive OEM
● Group leader of "Generation 3 Steel Resistance Welding Feasibility Study" for automotive OEM and tier 1 steel suppliers
● Group leader of Project "Aluminum Resistance Spot Weld Fatigue Analysis" for automotive OEM
● Assisting on Project" Aluminum to Steel Dissimilar Joining" for automotive OEM
● Assisting on Project" Upside Protrusion Joining" for automotive OEM
- Engineering Project Manager at Applied Engineering & Technology Integration, INC
- Research and Development Intern at Applied Engineering & Technology Integration, INC
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electric and Computer Engineering - Electric and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Optical Science and Technology - Optical Science and Technology
Ensure quality of civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineering work, from proposal to post-construction inspection, while managing design and construction of telecommunications projects across towers, rooftops, distributed antenna systems, and Cloud-RAN (CRAN) hubs. Review construction drawings and structural reports, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and contractors to develop project scope and achieve milestones on time and within budget. Liaise with clients, attentively addressing questions and requests, communicating change orders, and fortifying relationships to drive future business. Author documentation including structural reports, electrical memos, mount mapping reports, and environmental reports. Skillfully and knowledgeably represent business at town hearings and site visits. Develop accurate estimates and budgets, deliver compelling proposals, perform field observations and inspections, and enforce compliance. Mentor engineers, support managers, and champion knowledge sharing throughout organization. Serve as Engineer of Record for CT, VA, ME, VT, MA, and RI. Provide PE approval for 200+ small cell nodes and perform site audits, power analyses, scope development, equipment layout, and drawing reviews for 40+ CRAN hubs. Utilize Lean Six Sigma methodologies to maintain ~10% profitability while managing design and construction of 20+ macro sites throughout New England.
- Engineering Project Manager, Telecommunications at Jacobs Engineering Group
- Technology Manager/Team Leader at Alstom Power / GE
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Alstom Power / GE
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
• Responsible for quality control of final deliverables to clients and jurisdictions
• Responsible for coordination with clients through communication via emails, phone calls, and in-person meetings
• Supervise staff of engineers, architects, field personnel and designers.
• Responsible for integration of project specifications, field data, equipment schematics and code requirements into construction documents.
• Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority for each team member.
• Direct and coordinate activity of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
• Manage billing, proposals, bids, scope definition and engineering design review.
• Review employees' timesheets and productivity in Deltek Vision and Site Tracker software's. Projects
• Small Cell ◦ Managed 1,000+ sites for multiple cellular carriers (T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint) * Mixture of utility pole, light pole, new pole plants and rooftop sites * Managed projects/sites in multiple different states in U.S.A. Responsibilities also included familiarizing jurisdictional requirements. * Responsible for node selection in preliminary design in Chicago, IL project * Knowledgeable of equipment/specs, traffic control requirements, candidate selections, land surveying
• AT&T Light Gig ◦ Managed 100+ F1, F2, D.A., M.D.U. sites in Michigan & Ohio Markets
• Fiber to the Home/Business Access Agreement ◦ Managed 100+ Buildings ◦ Outside Plant and Inside Plant fiber optic cable design for means of bringing business buildings on net with fiber optic cable
• OSP Fiber Optic Cable Design Build ◦ Managed projects up to 100+ mile fiber optic cable build. Mixture of both aerial (over-head) and underground fiber route design.
- Fullerton Engineering - Project Manager at Telecommunications A&E Design/Engineering Firm
- Small Cell Construction Manager at Zayo Group, LLC
- Outside Plant (OSP) Field Engineer & Project Manager at Comdesco Group, Inc
- Captain Downers Grove North High School Football at College Football at College of DuPage
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Political Science
• Project Manager for Manufacturing Engineering managing multiple projects while continually developing best practices for production ensuring the highest quality material while taking projects from a vision to a finished product.
• Create pre-determined schedules, work with subcontractors to cut costs and complete projects on time and under-budget.
• Closely collaborate with project members to identify and quickly address problems
• Adjusted project plans to account for dynamic targets, staffing changes and operational specifications.
• Present information about projects for corporate review.
• Identified, reviewed and applied policies and procedures by exercising informed judgment to achieve optimal performance.
• Determined and implemented safe, efficient and cost-effective solutions to issues.
• Improved resource allocation to promote efficiency and deadline management.
• Enforced alignment of project strategy with business objectives and made modifications to promote efficient project completion.
• Led project scheduling and budgeting to successfully and quickly complete engineering projects.
• Maintained schedules to ensure that key milestones were being met at every phase.
- Quality Engineering Project Manager at Quantum Corporation
- Quality Engineering Technician at Intel Corporation
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Accounting
Developing test and integration strategy for systems certification of autonomous air vehicles
● Manage a $32M budget and fast-paced project schedule for test and integration capability development
● Generate and own systems requirements across 8 different engineering departments
● Communicate regularly across functions and with senior leadership to ensure stakeholder approval
● Led supplier bid evaluation, supported contract terms negotiations, and achieved a $500K contract savings
- Engineering Project Manager at Aurora Flight Sciences
- Engineering Project Manager at The Boeing Company
- Rotational Engineer at The Engineering Career Foundation Program (ECFP)
10 months at this Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
• Overseeing and developing reports related to schedule, budgeting accruals, and tracking deliverables for the Design Engineering group. Adhering to rigorous milestones-based deadlines to support the outage schedule of nuclear power stations.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for Beaver Valley Design Engineering by leading semiweekly status meetings for engineering deliverables developed under the Rolls-Royce Quality Assurance program.
• Responsible for the operation of all work in the AE Services group at the project level including developing proposals, processing purchase orders, tracking time and material costs, and controlling invoicing for as many as 100 staff augmentation employees at over a dozen sites and offices.
- Engineering Project Manager at Rolls-Royce NES HQ
- Design Engineer at Rolls-Royce Nuclear Engineering Services
- Design Engineer at Beaver Valley Power Station
- Design Engineer at PKMJ TECHNICAL SERVICES
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Nuclear Engineering
From a very early age I always enjoyed building and creating. My first career as an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) gave me
the flexibility and time to build and create in my off time. Feeling limited in my long term professional opportunities as an EMT, I moved
to the automotive industry, which provided the opportunity to start my own business, build my own Rally cars and form a team to
compete in PRO-Rally. However, after a time I found I wanted more, which is why I went back to school and ultimately became a
licensed Professional Engineer.
As Professional Engineer working for EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) companies, I have contributed to, led and
managed the construction of many different industrial and manufacturing facilities. Additionally, I have gained a broad knowledge base
and experience in multiple engineering disciplines - architectural, structural, mechanical (HVAC and process related), electrical and
controls - as well as knowledge and experience working with the construction trades and public officials. Due some significant life
changes, specifically my partner taking a new academic researcher position at Oregon State University, along with shortcoming at my
current employer I am looking for new professional opportunity in Corvallis, Oregon. I am looking for an organization that will provide
me opportunities for professional growth and advancement, an organization I call home for the foreseeable future. I have developed a broad base of project management and engineering knowledge in multiple disciplines allowing me to manage and
assimilate complex capital projects while at the same time being able to maintain attention to detail. Additionally, I have developed a
solid skill set and experience with respect to the definition and management of a project's scope of work and the management of
design and procurement staff and contractor trades in meeting a project's deliverables. Please see below some examples of my past
projects and management roles and responsibilities. 14+ years working for a small engineering, procurement and construction management (EPC) firm in Portland, Oregon with projects
throughout the US, working primarily with overseas customers locating facilities in the US, I have held multiple positions within
the firm as I have helped to build the firm's engineering department and have taken on multiple different project roles in
procurement and construction bidding and management. Currently, I am the Senior Chemical Engineer & Lead QA/QC
Reviewer. Prior to my current QA/QC and design mentoring work, I have held multiple design and project leadership roles on a
number of our firm's major projects; see below for a list of some of the projects and designs I have contributed to, lead, and
• Design Manager and Co-project Manager on new high purity chemical process scale-up (~$4m).
• Specification and Install Design and Management of a RTO (Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer) for VOC destruction, project included significant Energy Trust Incentive Award from saving of over 800,000 Therms of natural gas (~800k).
• Design and procurement estimator for multi-site (~$50m) high purity chemical facilities (NW and SW).
• Process design lead using AutoCAD Plant 3-D on carbon fiber pre-preg facility as part of a larger green-field project.
• Design QA/QC coordination reviewer for large food processing plant expansion (~$35m) involving 4 external design firms.
• FDA compliant HVAC retrofit design and flour conveying system re-commissioning design for food processing plant (~$10m).
• Plumbing design, waste water pre-treatment system and exhaust odor scrubber specifications, along with design QA/QC coordination for a green-field specialty fermentation-based food supplement manufacturing plant (~$25m).
• Process design lead and QA/QC coordination for FDA food processing facility expansion (~$18m), taking the project from conceptual customer flow diagram, through local permitting, construction, and process start-up. Including identification and mitigation of process hazards, such as combustible dust, acid/base chemical storage and handling.
• Design/Project Manager for retro-fit of decommissioned petro-chemical specialty process facility (~$7m), developed construction and controls design for management of flammable liquids in the production of oil viscosity additive, including permitting and construction documents, and managed controls/HMI programming.
• In support of large chemical plant expansion performed ASME Section VIII custom fitting design calculations.
• Provided technical review and coordination for procurement of specialized production equipment and engineering technology for large overseas specialty material manufacturing facility (~$100m in procured equipment and services).
• Led research and development of integrated basic design package for large overseas polysilicon manufacturing plant, (~$650m off-shore project). Work included identifying and developing relevant technologies, developing new applications of existing technologies, and combining them into a new resource efficient coordinated plant design using multiple sub-vendors for both specialized equipment and engineering technologies along with in-house developed designs.
• Design and Procurement lead for the expansion of existing carbon fiber pre-preg manufacturing facility (~$40m). Led and coordinated a multi-discipline design team in expanding the existing manufacturing building (~40,000 sq.ft.), which also included specialized HVAC for production environment, new central utility plant and flammable chemical storage expansion, in addition to install of new production equipment.
• Design lead for process equipment installation and service during construction for related building expansion of carbon fiber pre-preg facility (~$30m). In addition to development of equipment install designs for a new generation of specialized production equipment, I also contributed to the design of VOC chemical storage tank farm and distribution system. 2 Erik Thompson P.E. Portland, OR s 503.473.5267 s [email protected] 3 months contract structural design work for large semiconductor manufacturer located in Hillsboro, Oregon. Developed master template production equipment pedestals coordinating structural design with mechanical and electrical design requirements. 1-1/2+ years working as both a facility process systems design engineer and as a tool install design team leader for a large engineering firm in Portland, Oregon. Worked mainly for one large internal customer, projects included the work listed below.
• Process system design engineer for new Development Semiconductor FAB in Hillsboro, OR; designed hazardous chemical and gas storage and distribution systems, inert gas distribution systems, process cooling water systems, industrial water systems.
• Process system design engineer for new Production FAB in Ireland; designed hazardous chemical and gas storage and distribution systems, inert gas distribution systems, and natural gas distribution piping, and held role of process design coordinator for design discipline integration.
• Semiconductor tool install design team leader and base-build sub-FAB construction coordinator for large engineering firm working in Aloha, OR. Led multidiscipline design team retrofitting an existing semiconductor FAB and performed service during construction work for base-building utility upgrades.
- Engineering Project Manager at Small EPC Firm
14 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering w
- ASME - Section VIII Code for Boilers and Unfired Pressure Vessels o
· Assist the Project manager with updating projects and ensuring projects remain within scope and budget from Initial stages until project turn over · Use design software such as to model mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems of buildings · Participate in coordination meetings with clients and subcontractors to resolve building and construction issues · Work with cross functional team to create and manage pipe component databases · Create and modify Appsheet software application to manage equipment inventory
• Create and update CAD models, drawings and documentation to match project progress
· Assist the Project manager with updating projects and ensuring projects remain within scope and budget from Initial stages until project turn over
· Use design software such as to model mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems of buildings
· Participate in coordination meetings with clients and subcontractors to resolve building and construction issues
· Work with cross functional team to create and manage pipe component databases
· Create and modify Appsheet software application to manage equipment inventory
- Engineering Project Manager at ENGworks
- Process Engineer at SET Enterprises
- STEM Program Tutor at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Engineering Intern at QSA Global
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
Project Management Risk Management Continuous Improvement Information Technology Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Project Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Chemical Engineer at Sika Corporation
- Chemical Engineering Intern at Electronics for Imaging, Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Designs complex architectural and engineering construction drawings for residential and commercial projects utilizing AutoCAD software. Expertise in gas station and fuel system upgrade design and construction. Permitting plans through city and county jurisdictions including FDOT & SWFWMD. Communicate effectively with clients, engineers, and other companies. Coordinate and manage technicians within the company to stay highly productive and meet project deadlines.
- Engineering Project Manager at AEC Services, Inc
- Online Mathematics and Physics Tutor Coordinator at Systems International, Inc
- Level 1 Technician at Showtech Solutions
- Project Manager at Florida Geotechnical Engineering
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering