2018 - Present
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Engineering Technologist
Focus on Quality Improvements in supply chain, manufacturing methods, staff training and cross-training, lean metrics and continuous improvement. Major problems solved by maturing the process employed in each area. Supply chain material quality analysis instituted with Defective Material Report issue back to suppliers for corrective action and parts replacement. Manufacturing methods documented, no longer relying on experienced employee memory and direct hands on teaching for all new employees. Documenting the manufacturing methods led naturally to process standardization, method reuse between product lines, continuous improvement baseline and employee cross-training. Lean metrics such as On Time Performance, Days on Hand (inventory), and Premium Freight reduction were all improved dramatically by maturing the supply chain and manufacturing methods processes. Above mentioned process maturity combined with transformation from end-to-end product assembly method to sub-assembly and staging based assembly methods prepared to address our doubling of existing production volume target. Key metrics to date includes;
• Exceeded sales target by over $3M, on pace to achieve record sales - an increase of 25% to plan.
• ROS of 30.2%, improvement of nearly 4 points over goal.
• Exceeded price goals by over 260%.
• On Hand Inventory on track for positive reduction of 1 day vs. plan, 36.6 vs 37.6
• Market share on pace to exceed goal by 2 points, 29.1% vs. 27.2%.
• Safely executed the re-layout and expansion of the Denver Satellite. Improvements resulted in a net increase of 60% in Switchboard volume and 20% in Panel sales.
• YTD exceeding multiplier target in 8 of 10 product lines.
- Engineering Technologist at Eaton Denver Satellite
- Senior Consulting Technologist, Quality Assurance at CorTechs, Inc
- Lead Performance Engineer at State Auto Insurance Company
- Quality Process Manager at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associates of Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
*Currently on Contract with Duke Energy as an Engineering Technologist.
*Currently on Contract with Duke Energy as an Engineering Technologist.
- Engineering Technologist at Jackson Service Group
- Foreman/Supervisor at Osmose Utilities Services Inc
- Leadsman-Operator at RPS Environmental
- Equipment Operator at Funston Company
3 months at this Job
- - Criminology and Communications
• Assemble and test experimental battery packs, electronic control modules, contactors, and other electrical components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles.
• Create test instruments and harnesses to correct functional deviations of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and specifications for prototype lithium-ion batteries for functional and development testing.
• Plans and records electrical testing of the battery packs or cells, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment that fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
• Work in product evaluation and testing, using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust and test equipment.
• Troubleshooting alongside engineers to come up with the best solutions when testing fails
• In training to become a subject matter expert on all high voltage systems
• Design fixtures for battery packs to go into thermal chambers
• Read CAN signals/messages through special interpreters and through oscilloscopes
• Taking high voltage measurements throughout an open, live, battery pack
• Perform teardowns with torque specifications on the battery pack, while documenting thoroughly
• Coming into situations blind, and being able to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on battery packs
- Engineering Technologist at Jacobs Engineering
- at Roush Industries
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Electrical Technology
San Jose, CA Senior Equipment Maintenance Engineering Technologist * Worked in conjunction with equipment engineering group to support production equipment and new product development. * Primed and tested measurement and laser burn-in racks, such as Newport, Bar Test racks, Telops, Phillip Systems, Sputter SP006, Evaporator Vacuum, Cap Welder station, HRS Pin Lines, Temptronic Temperature Controller, WJ system, Wafer Prober systems, Semi-tool machine, and Alignment machines and systems. * Repaired, tested, troubleshot, and certified Burn-in racks; specializing in design, set-up, and commissioning of automated and manual stations. * Implemented solutions and performed a fault analysis to target PCB problems associated with burn-in racks, auto-aligners, and IBM PCs. * Coordinated production and assembly needs essential for successful launch/maintenance of R& D projects alongside the manufacturing group.
- Senior Equipment Maintenance Engineering Technologist at LUMENTUM, INC
- Senior Customer Support Engineering Technologist at Trace Mountain Products, Inc
- Senior Lead Equipment Maintenance Engineering Technician at Memorex Corporation
- Senior Customer Support Engineering Technologist at Sony Corporation
21 years, 10 months at this Job
I have had the opportunity to be exposed to multiple levels of maintenance during my time with Nissan. ◦ Maintenance Technician ◦ Responded to all manufacturing breakdowns ◦ Supported manufacturing in improvement activities ◦ Integral member of team that achieved lowest recorded downtime 6 years straight ◦ Maintenance Leader (2010) ◦ Supported major breakdowns when requested ◦ Prioritized and distributed PMs and work orders ◦ Conducted shift start meetings ◦ Ordered and kitted parts for planned work ◦ Created reports to automatically document and report shift issues ◦ Changed the job scope of the maintenance leader role through accomplishments ◦ Lead team as acting supervisor for 6 months ◦ Project Technologist (2012) ◦ Worked with the CMMS to optimize PMs and reports, ◦ Developed departmental overview status screens with SCADA software (Cimplicity) ◦ Created Single Point Lessons and Standard Operating Sheets, ◦ Trained technicians on equipment ◦ Identified and implemented Kaizens ◦ Programmed and setup a Downtime Reporting System to report OEE, MTTR, and MTBF ◦ Created a benchmark app to communicate to the CMMS to denote all open work orders on a layout of the department according to priority. ◦ Led a conveyor removal and install project. Project included decommissioning and removing 80 feet of straight and curved conveyor, installation, wiring, and programming of new conveyor and escapements. This resulted in a 6% increase in OEE. ◦ Maintenance Master Trainer (2014) ◦ Established a system for evaluating maintenance technicians skills ◦ Developed and implemented a global benchmark training program ◦ 2.5 years after training program was implemented, technician skill level had doubled (32% - 66%) ◦ Maintenance Engineering Technologist (Controls Engineer) (2017) ◦ Assigned to new equipment project to optimize controls and equipment design. ◦ Traveled to Japan for 3 months to support design review, process analysis, hazard investigation, and equipment buy off ◦ Supported line installation, Production Trials, Engineering Trials, and Start of Production ◦ Current role is new equipment maintenance support, OEE improvement, identifying Kaizens, and cycle time optimization. The majority of my focus is improvements within our robot, PLC, and vision system programs.
- Maintenance Engineering Technologist (Controls Engineer) at Nissan North America
- Maintenance Technician at Johnson Controls
- Leader Industries at
- Maintenance Technician at Lea Machine Service
17 years, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for Graycliff Enterprises, Wilmington, NC Project Manager Employed since 2012 Responsible for Computer Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
● Creating GIS maps for power line placement
● Creating designs for Work Orders for Duke Energy
● Deciding layout plans for overhead and underground conductor
● Designing electrical pole installations and removals for Work Orders
● Designing project costs and supplies
● Reading GIS maps and locating poles and underground fiber
● Assisting with lashing the fiber from pole to pole
● Racking out fiber cables
● Assisting with pulling fibers underground
● Recording and logging pole information
Graycliff Enterprises, Wilmington, NC
Employed since 2012
Computer Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Engineering Technologist at Pike Engineering
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Geoscience
- - Microbiology
• Organization Transitioned to Mexico.
• Lead root cause investigation of failure conditions, recommend and implement corrective action. Corrective action includes changes to components or assembly & test procedures.
• Work cross-functionally with Engineering and Quality at daily meeting to evaluate failure and assign risk levels.
• Crated Change Orders for processes and Work Instruction to improve reliability.
• Work cross-functionally with Engineering and Quality to correct issues and ensure quality compliance to cGMP standards.
• Qualify outsourced manufacturing / refurbishing processes. Performed PQ testing and evaluations on Vitros blood analyzers manufactured in Mexico.
• Trained new technicians hired into manufacturing on machines and processes.
• Travel to Baja Mexico to assist with product transfer to new facility training technicians and addressing process issues.
• Perform service on complex electro-mechanical blood analyzer equipment in a manufacturing environment.
• Circuit board analysis and repair
- Engineering Technologist at Nypro Healthcare
- Engineering Technician II at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc
- Engineering Technician II at Johnson & Johnson OCD
- System Reliability Technician at Johnson & Johnson OCD
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering Technology
- AAS - Industrial Instrumentation Technology
Provide knowledge of and experience with engineering principles and techniques to test and integrate
moderately complex Naval Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)
Systems in support of Littoral Combat Ships (LCS).
● Test and operate moderately complex C4I systems and will utilize engineering drawings and documentation to troubleshoot issues.
● Work with new systems and equipment currently deployed aboard US naval surface vessels.
● Good understanding of various C4I systems used throughout the US Navy.
- Sr Engineering Technologist at BAE Systems
- Aerostat Operator at Bravura, Inc
- Logistics Analyst/Field Engineer at Truestone, LLC
- Systems Analyst I at Gryphon Technologies
10 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Liberal Arts
Responsible for designing and developing new products to support the engineering staff. Projects range from Cryogenics, Thermodynamics, Renewable energy, Acoustics and electronics. Tasks include fabricating parts, assembling complex machinery, instrumentation, data collection, quality control, building electrical cables and boards and testing.
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist at Creare Research and Development
- Machinist / Quality control technician at AADCO Medical Inc
- Machine Operator and technician at General Abrasives
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electromechanical Engineering
- Associates of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
I am a contractor for Duke energy tasked with upgrading, maintaining, and servicing the energy grid.
- Power Engineering Technologist at Pike Engineering
- Shift Supervisor at
- Front Desk Associate at Candlewood Suites
- Internet Sales Manager at Martin Auto Group
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- AAS in Applied Science - Applied Science