Routinely worked with management, engineering, CAD, suppliers, purchasing, software, software validation, hardware validation, tester engineering, external testing facilities, customers and others to develop product, resolve issues, and meet deliverables.
● Entered schematics and block diagrams: Designed single, double and multi-layered printed circuit boards to support all phases of product development from prototyping to re-flash fixtures.
● Used Visual Basic, C, C#, Arduinos, network tools, and GPIB built solutions to automate repetitive bench testing and other types of testing.
● Used Arduinos, PIC processors: Designed, programmed and built low cost stand alone specialized testers such as CAN network message simulators and quality screening testers.
● Worked with analog, digital, RF, antennas, displays, audio, Bluetooth, navigation, and satellite radio.
● Performed all types of testing, typically done in automotive electronics development: EMC, antenna, transients, audio, RF, SiriusXM, temperature, DV, PV and in vehicle.
● Worked on team to develop touch, proximity and durability testers. Participated in electrical and mechanical designs; assembled and validated operation. Wrote software test GUIs and drivers.
- Engineering Technologist at VISTEON CORPORATION, Product Engineering, Van Buren
15 years at this Job
I have had the opportunity to be exposed to multiple levels of maintenance during my time with Nissan. ◦ Maintenance Technician ◦ Responded to all manufacturing breakdowns ◦ Supported manufacturing in improvement activities ◦ Integral member of team that achieved lowest recorded downtime 6 years straight ◦ Maintenance Leader (2010) ◦ Supported major breakdowns when requested ◦ Prioritized and distributed PMs and work orders ◦ Conducted shift start meetings ◦ Ordered and kitted parts for planned work ◦ Created reports to automatically document and report shift issues ◦ Changed the job scope of the maintenance leader role through accomplishments ◦ Lead team as acting supervisor for 6 months ◦ Project Technologist (2012) ◦ Worked with the CMMS to optimize PMs and reports, ◦ Developed departmental overview status screens with SCADA software (Cimplicity) ◦ Created Single Point Lessons and Standard Operating Sheets, ◦ Trained technicians on equipment ◦ Identified and implemented Kaizens ◦ Programmed and setup a Downtime Reporting System to report OEE, MTTR, and MTBF ◦ Created a benchmark app to communicate to the CMMS to denote all open work orders on a layout of the department according to priority. ◦ Led a conveyor removal and install project. Project included decommissioning and removing 80 feet of straight and curved conveyor, installation, wiring, and programming of new conveyor and escapements. This resulted in a 6% increase in OEE. ◦ Maintenance Engineering Technologist / Master Trainer (2014) ◦ Established a system for evaluating maintenance technicians skills ◦ Developed and implemented a global benchmark training program ◦ 2.5 years after training program was implemented, technician skill level had doubled (32% - 66%) ◦ Transitioned to the New Equipment project in 2017 ◦ Traveled to Japan for 3 months to support design review, process analysis, hazard investigation, and equipment buy off ◦ Supported line installation, Production Trials, Engineering Trials, and Start of Production ◦ Current role is new equipment maintenance support, OEE improvement, identifying Kaizens, and cycle time optimization. The majority of my focus is improvements within our robot, PLC, and vision system programs.
- Maintenance Engineering Technologist / Master Trainer at Nissan North America
- Maintenance Technician at Johnson Controls
- Leader Industries at
- Maintenance Technician at Lea Machine Service
17 years at this Job
• Duke Energy Hydro Controls Senior Engineering Technologist with 30 years of experience with Controls Automation using various platforms of PLC, DCS, and HMI platforms. Strong knowledge of GE PLC’s and Proficy Machine Edition software and hardware programming tools including Quick Panel HMI software. Strong experience with 90/70, 90/30, 7i, and 3i hardware. Doosan HFControls DCS Control System programming editors and hardware including the HF LAN DCS redundant network topography. Windows workstation support and Troubleshooting. New Technology evaluation. Fleet Budgeting.
• Currently working with colleagues on the automation of Hydro Stations/ Operations Backup Sites that have been approved for upgrades for Duke Energy. Goals are to have the Stations and Operations Centers conform to the HMI/CIP standards needed to dispatch generation from the department’s Hydro Central Control Operations Group (RROC), NERC CIP Cyber Security standards, GE PLC parts purchase and repairs, PLC inventory, Windows workstation integration using PME 7.5 and iFix 5.5, Safety, Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 Win7 installs, OSHA Lockout/Tag out, OSI PI Process Books, Training for O&M Techs & Hydro Central on new Windows OS technologies and control software platforms.
• Highly experienced in systems and process design, cost-reduction, budget constraints and technical training. Known for innovative problem solving skills, complex troubleshooting, and interpersonal relationships with the Hydro Controls teammates, O&M Technicians, and Hydro Central Dispatch Operations (RROC) and FERC compliance management. Procedure writer for manual systems operations. Project and Cost budgeting. Excellent Communication skills both written & oral with proven results. Self-starter with high performance and results. GE PLC hardware & software Disaster Recovery for 90/70, 90/30,7i, 3i, Quick Panel GE Machine Edition 7.x PLC programming GE Machine Edition 7.x QP programming Logic Master 90/70 & 90/30 programming GE PLC spares inventory maintenance & repairs GE Software Upgrade integration & testing Fix32 MMI iFix 4.0 & 5.5 HMI Software Security Quick Panels, Windows workstation and Domain Users Quick Designer for Quick Panels Change Management Documentation HFC Controls Editors HFC “MS Access” Database Editor Technical Training on drawings per upgrades Technical Training for Process Control Software PME 7.x GE VersaPro 2.3 + Hydro Central Operations support FERC Compliance for Water quality discharge & min flows Technical Disaster Recovery Procedures for Workstations i.e. Ghost, OS Software Installs, Control Software Core, Network Configuration, Acronis Backups NERC Cyber Security Standards Process Simulation in a development environment Personal Safety PPE OSHA Safety Standards for LOTO Forward looking Technologies for GE PLC’s, Genius, Profinet, Windows iFix user Security (Domain Users) Previous SC Pesticide License Cat 3 until 2013 Allen Bradley RS Logix 500 software CIP Site Compliance Analyst
- Senior Engineering Technologist at Duke Energy
29 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - BSBA Computer Information Systems
● Development and production of Optical Collimators.
● Operations Coordinator.
● Implemented schematics diagrams and written and verbal descriptions to effectively solve engineering project issues.
● Collaborated with engineers at the new product introduction phase to develop and verify design change.
● Conducted engineering and detailed experimental tests to collect design data and assist in research and production.
● Followed up on manufacturing and field reports and resolved outstanding problems.
● Demonstrated knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals, and the ability to help employees successfully achieve them.
- Sr. Engineering Technologist at COHERENT
- Sr. Fiber Optic Technician at AGILTRON
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Architecture
• Analyzed AEP Poles to check for pole failure when adding new attachments
• Replaced AEP Poles if analysis indicated new attachments would cause pole to fail
• Created an efficient design for all AEP poles
• Created cost estimates and work orders if attachments needed to be moved or a pole needed to be replaced
• Created construction drawings using Distribution Design Studio
- Power Engineering Technologist at Pike Engineering
- Team Leader at
- Fiber Solutions Analyst at Teleperformance USA
- Front End Coordinator at Giant Eagle
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
- Associate of Science
Fabrication of test equipment necessary for testing automotive components, welding, machining. Conducting mechanical tests on same. Observation and recording of automotive testing. Proto-type test driver. Shift supervisor of mechanical test laboratory. Writing test reports.
- Engineering Technologist at Ford Motor Company
- Respiratory Technician at Botsford Hospital
- Respiratory Technician at Sinai Hospital
26 years at this Job
- Liberal Arts - Philosophy, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Medicine, Religion,
- - Enigineering
- - Machining, Welding
- Pre-Med - Biololgy, Chemistry
• Equivalency evaluation of engineering design changes (Procurement Engineering)
• Assisted engineering, maintenance and planning with parts selection
• Provided technical feedback for engineering design evaluations
• Coordinated activities involving plant material need for long term and emergent purchases to support safe and reliable operation of the nuclear power plant
• Adhered to procedures, technical guidelines and ASTM/ASME standards
• Established communication between groups
• Established nuclear requirements for procurement of safety and non-safety related material
• Knowledge/completion of Basic Systems class for BWRs
• Knowledge of nuclear requirements for critical, pressure retaining, safety related, EQ, rad waste and fire protection equipment
• Ability to manage frequent task switching/interruption and multiple simultaneous requests throughout the work day on a regular basis. With some procurement projects lasting for over a year.
- Sr Engineering Technologist at Duke Energy
117 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Programming Certificate
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
• Project manager of repair plans and contract ready proposals for major bridge repairs and maintenance
• $25M+ total bridge repair projects and proposals managed
• Coordinates with Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) division professionals, engineering consultants, materials suppliers and contractors to ensure project efficiency and completion
• Bridge repair projects include but are not limited to: deck replacements, deck overlays, expansion joint replacements, bearing replacements, substructure repairs, and structural steel repairs
• Plans/Organizes proper traffic control for safety of all work zones involved in bridge rehabilitation
• Collects, analyzes, and evaluates bridge data in the field
• Functioning member of bridge inspection team
• Develops prioritized lists of bridges in need of maintenance and repairs by District and makes recommendations within designated budget limits
• Member of pilot program for bridge preservation measures in coordination with District Bridge Engineers and Kentucky State Highway Engineer
• Serve on panel for revising 2018 Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction Concrete Section (600)
• Project Head for Kentucky Transportation Center research projects
• Staffs the Division of Maintenance Emergency Response Center during snow and ice events and other emergencies. Additional security clearances obtained within the Office of Homeland Security
- Transportation Engineering Technologist III at Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Environmental Technologist and Environmental Scientist at Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Project Manager / Engineering Tech Consultant at Bocook Engineering
- Customer Service Representative at Republic Bank, Central Kentucky Area
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Management
Electronic technologist for Autoliv and Nissin Cogyo's autonomous brake system joint venture, Responsible for troubleshooting and modifying circuit boards and circuit board components. High skill level soldering and advanced trouble shooting required for completing most tasks involved. Also responsible for making any wire harness and wire harness modifications needed to facilitate the testing of the autonomous brake units.
- ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST at AUTOLIV
- PRODUCT ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (ELECTRICAL) at GENERAL MOTORS
- SYSTEMS INTEGRATION LAB ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN at DCS CORPORATION
- INSTRUMENTATION & EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN at GENERAL MOTORS
6 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE - MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY
In my present job, I install instrumentation to perform many different tests and then troubleshoot if needed after results are known from the testing. (Testing Turbines, Pumps, Mills, Air in leakage ( condenser), Air operated Control Valves, Cooling towers, Air Preheaters, Water flow, Seal leak off)
- Engineering Technologist at Duke Energy
- Instrument and Controls technician at Instrument and Controls group. Title of Instrument and Controls
18 years at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Electronic Engineering Technology
- Associate in Arts degree