Edmonds, WA August 2018 - Present
Non-profit organization dedicated to marine ecosystem habitat conservation and outreach through restoration and experiential learning focusing on the Puget Sound and the greater Salish Sea shorelines and intertidal zones.
• Responsible for the administration of data collection along with collaboration of state and local wildlife research projects with water quality and shoreline protection programs.
• Analyzing federal, state, and local environmental regulations that impact property, planning, and/or operations and makes recommendations to assist in developing organizational conservation plans
• Directing program curriculum in local public-school outreach teaching fundamental environmental science and conservation practices reaching over 500 students promoting learning and public relations.
- Environmental Analyst at Save Our Shorelines
- Educational Intern at Save Our Shorelines
- 24-Hour Help Desk Administrator at Texas A&M University
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Renewable Natural Resources
- B.S. - Ecological Restoration
• First level supervisory position in Environmental Analyst series classification
• Develop and present comprehensive good housekeeping and stormwater trainings for DCR facilities and local DPW facilities in association with MS4 requirements
• Investigate and resolve violations and water quality problems discovered by others
• Identify and inspect all agricultural operations within the watershed annually; monitor hazardous materials releases, storage and use facilities within the watershed
• Review, implement, and amend the Wachusett Interpretive Services Plan and coordinate all educational and outreach programs. Create and disseminate public education and outreach documentation to MS4 communities
• Complete a watershed-wide vulnerability assessment to identify potential impacts of climate change on the water supply
• Provide technical assistance to Conservation Commissions and review projects for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards and sound environmental principles and practices
• Serve as Environmental Quality representative on regional safety committee
• Serve as a core team member for watershed towns Community Resilience Building Workshops as a DCR representative
• Serve as Environmental Quality representative on incident planning, training and implementation committee
• Assist with preparation of Environmental Quality section materials for annual DEP inspection Accomplishments:
• Authored the Sudbury/Foss Reservoir Watershed chapter of the Watershed Protection Plan 2018
• Submitted State grant application on behalf of the Town of West Boylston
• Partnered with Nashua River Watershed Association to develop outreach materials for medicine disposal
• Assisted Comprehensive Environmental Incorporated to produce hobby farm guidance document
• MA Envirothon Steering Committee member and MA Envirothon water curriculum coordinator
• Authored the Incident Media Management Plan for Wachusett Reservoir Watershed Emergencies
• Developed a comprehensive education program for DCR structural stormwater controls and assisted WPI students with individual projects
- Environmental Analyst III at MA DCR, Division of Water Supply Protection
- Chairman, past Vice-Chairman, Steering Committee member and water curriculum coordinator at Massachusetts Envirothon
- Chairman at City of Leominster Conservation Commission
- Environmental Analyst II at MA DCR, Division of Water Supply Protection
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
Review and develop Environmental Permit Applications, including Article 10 and SEQRA · Carry-out environmental monitoring programs and project feasabilty Studies · Evaluate the environmental impacts of site specific Renewable Energy proposal
- Environmental Analyst at Environmental Design and Research dpc,
- Environmental Officer, Water Resources Authority (WRA) Jamaica at Albany County
7 months at this Job
- Masters in Regional Planning - Environmental and Land Use Planning
- Graduate Certificate - Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Analysis
• Responsible for managing most of the environmental testing requests received by the lab.
• Liaison between our center and outside labs to schedule pick-ups, testing, manage questions, and provide final results.
• Responsible for sampling of regulated and non-regulated samples including storm water run- off for NPDES permit requirements.
• Improved stormwater sampling system to increase sample capture frequency.
• Submit data to the Environmental Services Group for internal use and/or submission to the PaDEP and EPA.
• Analyze water, water, soil, and sewage treatment for metals and wet chemistry.
• Back-up analyst for CLIAA-certified internal Blood-Lead program.
- SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYST at EAST PENN MANUFACTURING CO. INC.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYST at EAST PENN MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
- ANALYTICAL LAB TECHNICIAN at EAST PENN MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
- QUALITY OFFICER at EAST PENN MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
Oversaw all aspects of the environmental program, duties included: collecting and managing data,
preparing reports, meeting regulatory deadlines, consulting on manufacturing processes, directing and overseeing projects, providing safety and environmental training, developing and maintaining
program initiatives, and secure capital funding.
• Organized and lead weekly maintenance meetings, tracked projects, coordinated with outside contractors, created preventative maintenance check sheets, and worked with DPSI CMMS.
• Organized, coordinated, and lead facility benchmarking tours, employee wellness activities, green team initiatives, and Penn TAP student assessments.
- Environmental Analyst at Lycoming Engines
- Estuary Training Program Assistant at AmeriCorps
- Research Assistant at PSU Crop and Soil Sciences, Kaye Lab - State College, PA
6 years, 2 months at this Job
Plan and participate in activities (e.g., Grand Rounds, health fairs and workshops) to educate the public and professionals about how to prevent or minimize exposure to environmental contaminants. Visited schools to promote STEM-related careers. Designed elementary school teacher workshops to educate and provide resources to incorporate environmental stewardship into their curriculum; aligned lessons and activities with the MA Curriculum Frameworks for STEM. Also designed and conducted a workshop about bioaccumulation in fish at the Massachusetts Environmental Education Society (MEES) conference.
- Senior Environmental Analyst/Health Educator at MA Department of Public Health, Bureau of Environmental Health
- Leadership Education for Adults (LEAD) at Eastern Nazarene College
- 7th grade Science Teacher at Randolph Public Schools
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- M.S. - Civil and Environmental Engineering
- B.A. - Biology
Responsible for the enforcement of transportation regulations for the state of Massachusetts specifically, transit, conformity and transportation greenhouse gas emissions.
➢ Participates and promotes local, state, regional and national level planning for zero emission vehicle and infrastructure deployment.
➢ Administers the Massachusetts Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (MASSEVIP) to develop and implement both the MassEVIP Fleets and Workplace Charging Programs from conception including eligibility criteria;
• Motivates both private and public entities to acquire and use electric vehicles (EVs) and charging stations resulting in: ◦ Over 70 public entities shifted over 250 of their vehicles to EVs and installed over 90 public charging stations through MassEVIP Fleets program; ◦ Over 200 employers have installed over 550 electric vehicle charging stations through the Workplace Charging Program.
• Creates all application, webpage, and technical help documents for both programs;
• Engages with various stakeholders for all marketing and outreach;
• Assists all applicants with varying base of knowledge through the application process from equipment selection to installation;
• Conducts follow up surveys to determine the impact of EVs and infrastructure.
- Environmental Analyst at MA Department of Environmental Protection
- Environmental Analyst IV at MA Department of Environmental Protection
- Member of Support Team at Hingham Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Title Specialist at Fidelity Residential Solutions
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. in Environmental Science and Policy - Environmental Science and Policy
- B.S in Environmental Science and Policy - Management
Contracted to RASM-C AMCOM AEM Aviation Maintenance Ft. Campbell, KY and all road team (MWO, ACE) operations 465 personnel. Appointed Environmental Quality Officer as the liaison between the government/customer and the Environmental Division regarding all environmental compliance issues and training requirements. Appointed Laser Safety Officer to manage, audit and train all safety requirements on all aircraft laser systems maintenance and operations. Manage, audit and train HAZMAT and HAZWASTE operations pertaining to safe handling, storage, accountability and compliance. Manage, audit and train Respiratory Protection Program and conduct all quantitative Fit Tests. Requisition and coordinate all personnel's occupational safety physicals/exams to comply with all programs medical surveillance requirements with WorkCare. Manage, distribute and verify that all personnel make their scheduled occupational physicals/exams. Maintain all required regulatory compliance permits, records and occupational health and safety exposure and medical clearance records. Attend all internal and external meeting pertaining to safety and environmental issues. Research and develop training LOIs and presentations pertaining to safety and environmental subjects. Identify workplace hazards to develop process and daily operations Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and PPE Certifications. Investigate injuries, incidents and near misses. Conduct root cause analysis on all ICAR and GCAR issued to identify faults and problem and provide corrective actions. Experienced with AECOM's commitment to provide a safe culture to all employees and protect the customer's property to provide a product.
- Senior Safety & Environmental Analyst at Lockheed Martin/AECOM
- Security & Environmental Manager at FUTRON Inc
- Safety/Environmental Manager at CGI Federal
- Lead Auditor/Technical Inspector/Material Coordinator/Trainer at DYNCORP International
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Occupational Safety & Environmental Management
Conducts technical environmental review and analysis of Environmental Resource Permits,
Surface Water Management Permits and Water Use Permits.
• Conducts wetland jurisdictional determinations and wetland functional assessments.
- Environmental Analyst II at South Florida Water Management District
- Environmental Specialist II at Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- 8th Grade Science Teacher at School District of Pasco County
- Citizen Science Project Lead at Department of Interior, National Park Service
5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Environmental Science
- B.S. degree - Marine Biology
Created graphs and spreadsheets in Excel and presentations in PowerPoint for reports the HSE Director presented to the Board of Directors. The Director’s source to data mine, extract, graph and report HSE metrics. Implemented much needed organization by enhancing their SharePoint intranet site, setting up a Shared Drive of crucial data files and folders, and used their OHM Safety database to assist with the HSE Director’s reporting and metrics collection from facilities. Populated the monthly Scorecard with occupational, process, and environmental safety incidents, reported TRIR, LTIR, and Federal Spills.
- Health, Safety & Environmental Analyst at CALUMET OIL REFINERY PARTNERS
- Consultant at MIRE & ASSOCIATES INC
- HR Data Analyst at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Data Consultant at CHEVRON
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration-Management
- Associate's Degree - Business