at S.E. Minor & Company papp-26237b14a (LinkedIn) White Plains, New York Top Skills Experience Geographic Information Systems (GIS) S.E. Minor & Company ArcGIS Environmental Analyst Ecology February 2018 - Present Languages PRECISION OVERHEAD GARAGE DOOR
- University Environmental Analyst at Pace
- Warehouse Supervisor at Hungarian (Elementary)
- GIS Mapping Intern at Village Of Tarrytown
- Conservation Steward at Rockefeller State Park Preserve
11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - MS, Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Arts - BA, Environmental Studies
- - Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
• Perform analytical and wet chemistry analyses on collected field samples.
• Proficient in the utilization of laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Perform initial and continuing demonstrations of capability tests and periodic proficiency tests for assigned analyses.
• Maintain physical laboratory inventory including all scientific equipment, supplies and reagents.
• Assist with the development of methodologies and procedures for the accumulation of scientific data.
• Conduct statistical analyses of data and generate reports.
• Participate in boat-based and land-based surveys. Projects include the Long Island Sound Study and the Passaic Pathogen Trackdown Project.
• Utilize portable monitoring equipment to collect field measurements and samples.
• Represent at meetings of the New York-New Jersey Harbor and Estuary Program, Long Island Sound Study, and Hudson River Estuary Program workgroups, New Jersey Water Monitoring Council, Unified Water Study and other conferences as assigned.
• Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance Project Plans.
• Collaboration with project leads from the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Environmental Conservation.
• Assist with the entry of data into EPA’s Integrated Compliance Information System.
- Environmental Analyst at Interstate Environmental Commission- NEIWPCC
- Environmental Intern at New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
- Teaching Assistant (TA) at CUNY College of Staten Island
- Research Assistant at CUNY College of Staten Island
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science - Biology, Minor in Psychology
in charge of verification and analysis of environmental qualifications for urban and private developments. Duties included but not limited to: weekly visits to a variety of construction projects, analysis of technical specifications of projects through computer programs (AutoCAD and GIS), verifying compliance of projects with construction environmental norms, weekly reports of site visits, weekly presentation of technical review reports of projects in a multi-disciplinary committee.
- Construction Environmental Analyst- Engineer at Environmental Ministry and Natural Resources
- Self-Employed Contractor at Home Remodeling
- Field Engineer at AP Constructora, S.A
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MSc. - Construction Project Management
- BS - Civil Engineering
• Manages and oversees preparation and digestion of environmental lead samples including: paints, soils, wipes and cassettes.
• Reports environmental lead sample-testing results to clients representing a variety of backgrounds.
• Maintains and calibrates essential laboratory equipment including: two Flame Atomic Absorption instruments, several lamps, and laboratory scales.
• Provides development and training to new hires and staff in the department.
• Trained to handle a variety of hazardous chemicals safely as per the companies S.O.P.
- Environmental Analyst at EMSL Analytical
- Guest Services at Phoenix Zoo
- School safety, Student Security at Concordia College
- College Services, Work Crew at Concordia College
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
Non-profit organization dedicated to marine ecosystem habitat conservation and outreach through restoration and experiential learning focusing on the Puget Sound and the greater Salish Sea shorelines and intertidal zones. ▪ Responsible for the administration of data collection along with collaboration of state and local wildlife research projects with water quality and shoreline protection programs. ▪ Analyzing federal, state, and local environmental regulations that impact property, planning, and/or operations and makes recommendations to assist in developing organizational conservation plans ▪ Directing program curriculum in local public-school outreach teaching fundamental environmental science and conservation practices reaching over 500 students promoting learning and public relations.
- Environmental Analyst at Save Our Shorelines
- Educational Intern at Save Our Shorelines
- 24-Hour Help Desk Administrator at Texas A&M University Residence Life
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Ecological Restoration
- Bachelor's - Renewable Natural Resources
Naples As a member of the Tropical Environmental Consultant team I am responsible for wetland delineations, hydric soil testing and vegetation identification. I submit Individual and General Environmental Resource Permit applications to the Army Corps of Engineers and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection Agency for construction of single family residences. 2016-2018 Environmental Analyst III Johnson Engineering Inc., Fort Myers, FL As part of the water resource group at Johnson Engineering I assisted 100's of clients obtain consumptive water use permits from the South Florida and the Southwest Florida Water Management Districts. I consulted clients on how to stay in compliance with their water management districts' water use permits. I performed water quality testing and installed staff gauges and monitoring wells. I submitted regulatory data to the state. Conducted Above Ground Impoundment inspections and generated hydrographs from data obtained from down loading water level data loggers.
- Environmental Analyst at Tropical Environmental Consultants
- Water Use Permit Reviewer at South Florida Water Management District
- Water Quality Laboratory Chemist at Storm Water Research and Development Services
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Environmental Science
- BS - Biology
Reviewed data for environmental samples received. Following SOP procedures and Quality Assurance in EPA standards for documentation of, waste/drinking water and soil samples.Microscopy Analyst for asbestos. Methods used for detection of asbestos is, Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM). QA of proper disposal of waste samples. QA in wet Chemistry. Quality Assurance in the process of EPA checklist, standards and documentation.
- Environmental Analyst / QA at ANALYTICS CORPORATION
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- MASTERS OF SCIENCE - Psychology
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - Psychology
Investigate violations of state and federal hazardous waste management regulations, statutes and permits. ♦ Analyze inspection reports, engineering reports, plans and technical specifications of various facility types in investigating soil, surface and/or groundwater pollution at the most complex waste generating and/or management facilities (i.e., facilities that generate more than 2,200 pounds of hazardous waste per month and/or treat or store their own waste or waste generated by others). ♦ Coordinate multi-media enforcement investigations and actions with industry executive officers, licensed professional engineers, attorneys) and staff of other state agencies (Dept. of Public Health, Dept. of Transportation), local government agencies (including regional health administration), and federal agencies (US EPA, US OSHA). ♦ Negotiate and prepare enforcement actions including pollution abatement order and referrals to US EPA, Chief State's Attorney's Office and other agencies; includes evaluating corporate tax returns to determine an ability to pay penalties. ♦ Review financial assurance mechanisms for permitted hazardous waste facilities to ensure sufficient funding mechanism is in place to cover third party liability in the case of accidental and/or long-term human exposures to hazardous waste managed at such facilities.
- Environmental Analyst 2 at Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Assistant to Executive Director and Employment Readiness Coordinator at Junta for Progressive Action
- Field Assistant at Junta for Progressive Action
- Research Assistant at Yale University, Department of Industrial Ecology
11 years at this Job
- Master of Environmental Management - Urban Ecology and Social Design
- Bachelor of Arts - Environmental Science and Political Science
to September 2017 Environmental Analyst II, Regulatory Services, Drinking Water Section
Perform regulatory reviews for the Source Water Protection Unit incorporating knowledge and experience in water resources and public drinking water systems, source and wellhead protection and permitting process, MSExcel, ArcGIS; project tasks include:
• Water Company Land Permit Applications;
• Well Site Suitability Certification;
• Phase I-A Well Site Approvals;
• Watershed Recreational Permitting;
• Watershed Survey Review and Approval;
• Connecticut Environmental Policy Acts;
• Source Water Protection Workshops, Education and Stakeholders Meetings;
• State-Wide Pesticide Application Review in conjunction with the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Management;
• Spill By-Pass Reporting.
- Environmental Analyst II, Regulatory Services, Drinking Water Section at Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Environmental Analyst I, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management at New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
- Education Interpreter at Mystic Aquarium
- Biological Technician at Technical Aid Corporation
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Biology
- Environmental Analyst at ERG
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mathematics