This position was created as a result of the outcomes I produced as a consultant with Ashton Tiffany. As the Environmental Compliance Specialist I am responsible for assuring state regulatory compliance, managing hazardous waste profiles, maintaining manifests and fostering collaboration with internal leaders and external vendors to facilitate environmental sustainability for all sites.
• Project Manager: As the Project Manager I participate in and manage every phase of Banner Health environmental compliance and sustainability projects, including writing proposals, developing workplans, monitoring progress, submitting final reports, and tracking ongoing compliance. As an example, I implemented a new pharmaceutical hazardous waste program, using science-based methods at three Banner Health medical centers, reducing the amount of waste being shipped off-site by 15,000 pounds in the first year.
• Environmental Compliance: I was responsible for preparing the organization for outside regulatory environmental inspections with the State of Arizona, resulting in full compliance during 2017 and currently through October 2018; and responsible for revising and maintaining Air Quality Permits for all 28 sites in six different states.
• Sustainability Expert: I routinely participate as the corporate subject matter expert on sustainability. For example, I have been collaborating with Banner Health's supply chain group regarding a sustainable change management project for the organization. These meetings have helped create new Key Performance Indicators utilizing environmental sustainability as an essential part of creating future goals.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at BANNER HEALTH
- Environmental Consultant at ASHTON TIFFANY
- Account Administrator Assistant at LOCKTON COMPANIES
- Congressional Intern at OFFICE OF THE HONORABLE GABRIELLE GIFFORDS
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Executive Masters - Sustainability Leadership
- Bachelors of Arts degree - Public Management
• Consulting services in the field of technical environmental compliance related work
• QuickBooks update and management
• Coordination of project management efforts
• Technical writing services for ECA/Phase I templates, Limited Site Surveys, SWPPP, and SPCC on an as needed basis
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Accuracy Environmental, LLC
- Intern Student at Accuracy Environmental, LLC
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Earth System Science and Minor in Global Sustainability
Serve as senior environmental compliance specialist for Washington, DC electrical power provider (service area: DC, MD and VA); responsibilities include the following with the goal of maintaining compliance with established company Key Performance Indexes:
• Hazardous, Non-hazardous, Universal and Liquid Waste.
• Tier II Reporting; ISO14001 Emergency Management System; UST removals, closure and remedial investigations.
• SPCC, Emergency Spills Response Oversight and Incident Management Team Lead to OCC.
• Stormwater, NPDES and Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
• Plan, organize, and control assigned project tasks from initial proposal through project completion.
• Provide direction and integration of project elements including staffing, health & safety, and subcontracted services.
• Manage contracts, project and task documentation, manpower, materials, and cost tracking.
- Senior Environmental Compliance Specialist at EXELON (Fortune 100 company).
- Environmental Quality Specialist at DEPARTMENT of MILITARY AND VETERANS AFFAIRS
- Adjunct Associate Professor at LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Senior Environmental Quality Analyst at MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY (MDEQ)
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Earth Science with Specialization in Hydrogeology
- Bachelor of Science - Earth Science with Minor in Conservation
Inspects and monitors industries to insure compliance with City, State and Federal standards. As part of the Environmental Compliance Team, responds to calls and complaints regarding the drinking water system, stormwater, cross connection, FROG program, water conservation, pollution prevention or any impact to the environment or the City infrastructure. Special projects include conducting annual training, workshops, presentations and community outreach.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Irving Water Utilities, Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Inspector at Dallas Water Utilities, Pretreatment
- Chemical Safety Specialist at University of Texas at Dallas
- Co-Founder / Community Organizer at African American Human Rights Coalition
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemistry
- - Engineering
Scope of responsibilities include conducting monthly client inspections to determine if all standards of compliance are met. Work directly with environmental & safety team to provide adequate training on all aspects of storm-water regulations & compliance. Review their housekeeping, preventative maintenance, and spill/leak prevention measures to determine whether they are in compliance, or do they require corrective measures. Prepare monthly Inspection and Evaluation Report. Prepare Annual Storm water Binders for clients. Analyze the clients' required storm water Lab Results that are taken 4 times per year to determine if they exceed any parameters. Upload the Lab Results unto the online SMARTS CA Waterboard's website. Also, upload Annual Comprehensive reports via online storm water database.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at BG Environmental Service
- Weekends Volunteer Accountant/Bookkeeper at St Paul Assyrian Chaldean Catholic Church
- Client Account Associate at Xerox Corporation
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator at Xerox Corporation
2 years at this Job
- - First Year of Law
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
joint venture between Ferrovial Aggroman Inc and Griffith Inc.)- Design Builder for the California High Speed Rail Construction Package 4 (CHSR-CP4) - Contact: Julie Glavin contact information available upon request
Environmental Compliance Specialist and Biologist: December 2016 - July 2018
• Provided environmental regulatory compliance support for the construction of a 22-mile transportation project, including: logistics management of construction activities, tracking regulatory approvals and authorizations, and collaborating with Project members to provide analytical support on resource compliance issues.
• Prepared permit application materials, notifications, reports, and business correspondence with client and regulators in addition to scope of works and budgetary impacts.
• Implemented ecologically based wildlife management practices that included minimizing human-wildlife interactions, habitat conservation, and protection and restoration of threatened or endangered species within the constraints of a construction setting.
• Ensured compliance with United States Fish and Wildlife Service Biological Opinion (BO), and California Department of Fish and Wildlife Service Incidental Take Permit (ITP). Permit. Related duties include conducting and coordinating biological field surveys, and preparing pre-construction reports, relocation plans, and biological resource management plans. ITP species: San Joaquin antelope squirrel, San Joaquin kit fox, Swainson's hawk, Tipton kangaroo rat, and California tiger salamander. BO species: San Joaquin kit fox, Blunt-nosed leopard lizard, Tipton kangaroo rat, federally listed plant species, California tiger salamander, Fresno kangaroo rat, Buena vista lake ornate shrew, and Valley elderberry longhorn beetle.
• CDFW approved SJKF Designated Biologist. Preformed burrow monitoring and excavations for potential SJKF dens.
• Conducted and coordinated protocol Tipton Kangaroo Rat Trapping.
• Conducted 21 days of protocol level blunt nose leopard lizard surveys with four (2 adult, 2 juvenile) sightings (career total of 28 days).
• Provided project wide and site-specific worker environmental awareness training (WEAP).
• Assisted utility design in assessment of CEQA/ NEPA mitigation measures and aided in the generation of CEPA/NEPA re-exam documents for Project footprint modifications.
• Implemented water permits including: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 Clean Water Act, California Section 401 Water Quality Certification, California Master Streambed Alteration Agreement (MSAA), and California Construction General Permit Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). Participated in the amendment of the project 404 permit, preparation of MSAA Sub-notifications and aided in the delineation of Project United States jurisdictional waters.
• Completed United States Bureau of Reclamation SF 299 and MP 620 applications.
• Performed in a field liaison capacity with subcontractors and regulatory Agencies.
• Provided start up, and continual support for the utilization of field tablets for environmental surveying, reporting, and project mapping.
• Utilized multiple geographic information systems create field maps for project analysis, field surveys, and permitting requirements.
• Position was full time averaging 45 hours a week. U.S. Forest Service- Tahoe National Forest: American River Ranger District- Contact: Kelley Bowdoin (530) 478-6254 ext. 253 email: [email protected]
- Environmental Compliance Specialist and Biologist at California Rail Builders LLC
- Silviculture Technician at
- Biological Science Technician at Wildlife
- Therapist Aid at TERRIO PHYSICAL THERAPY
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY AND MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BIOLOGY
Centrum Valley is a large poultry company in Clarion, Iowa, As a animal welfare and environmental compliance specialist, I held large responsibility insuring that the layer barns were in compliance with FDA, USDA, DNR, UEP and meet our customers personal requirements. Additionally, I was responsible in performing internal audits, audit documentation write and submit reports, insure bio security rules of the farms are being followed, and perform corrective actions in areas that were not meeting expections. Our team is responsible in perform required testing of Salmonella Enteritidis (SE), Avian Influenza (AI) and more testing required by our company veterinarian as needed. In order to insure these test are completed in a timely matter we have a calendar that we must maintain to insure these testing are done at the required ages of the flocks and document these results to make decisions for the farms.
- Animal Welfare and Environmental Compliance Specialist at Centrum Valley Farms
- Lab Technician at Monsanto
- Owner and Operator at Miranda's Pet Sitting Boarding and Dog daycare
- Receptionist at Advanced Pet Care Clinic
1 year at this Job
- - Biology
- Graduated - Student
- - Business
• Supports KBOS Environmental Manager in upholding the Keesler AFB 81 TRW EMS Policy in accordance with (IAW) AFI 32-7001. Provided 81 TRW and 403rd Reserve environmental compliance evaluation and continual improvement through the following EMS Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Framework: Environmental Policy, Planning, Implementation and Operation, Checking/Corrective Action, and Management Review. RCRA/Hazardous Waste Program
• Acting Hazardous Waste Program Manager for Keesler AFB with day to day operations to ensure compliance IAW AFI 32-7042/40CFRs Water Quality Program
• Manages KAFB MDEQ MS4 General Permit MSRMS4023 and NPDES Baseline MSR001362 General Stormwater permits, Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SWPPP) plans, annual compliance reporting, MDEQ wastewater bypass reporting, assist with construction storm water NOI to MDEQ, construction storm water BMP inspections, MS4 storm water outfall inspections, NPDES, NPDES industrial storm water inspections, NPDES monthly industrial inspections, NPDES annual compliance reporting, managed/volunteered multiple annual coastal cleanup for KAFB MS4 public involvement BMP and other BMPs for MS4 permit, etc.
• Ensures compliance IAW the Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Oil Pollution Act (OPA), AFI 32-1067 Water and Fuel Systems, and AFI 48- 144 Safe Drinking Water Surveillance Program.
• Preparation for and attendance of stormwater compliance inspections conducted by internal and external compliance regulators.
• Performs stormwater compliance inspections of shops, outfalls, and construction sites.
• Quarterly Storm Water Pollution Prevention Team Working Group Meetings in support of Keesler's CFT and EESOH Councils.
• Air Force WET Database related to water quality compliance and permit tracking. Fuel/POL/Tanks Program
• Compliance inspections of Underground Storage Tanks by internal and external compliance regulators.
• Quarterly MDEQ UST compliance inspections/reporting for all KAFB UST tanks.
• Conducts quarterly metric related and annual Air Force Instruction (AFI) related AST inspections IAW AFI 32-7044.
• Air Force STAR database use for tank status, repairs, and regulatory changes/inspections.
• Conducts POL/Tank Working Group Quarterly meetings IAW AFI 32-7044 in support of the Keesler CFT and EESOH Council.
• Reviews UST Closure documents/reports to the MDEQ and updates Keesler's petroleum storage tank database. Air Quality Program
• Supports Air Program Manager with inspections and data collection to ensure compliance IAW AFI 32-7040..
• Performs weekly Hazardous Waste 90 Day Accumulation Site inspections at KAFB.
• Assists program in QA/QC material support, Initial Accumulation Point (IAP) shop compliance inspections, hazardous waste pickup and characterizations, etc. HAZMAT Program
• Supports the HAZMAT Program Manager with day to day operations to ensure compliance IAW AFI 32-7086. The Hazardous Materials Management Process (HMMP) support is required for ongoing identification, procurement, management, tracking, and minimization of HAZMAT. Asbestos Program
• Asbestos Alternate POC for KAFB. Inspects critical barriers, containments, documents, and clearance for multiple asbestos abatement projects. Ensures proper documentation on file prior to abatement activity and update of facility asbestos files. Reviews statements of work and AF Form 332s against asbestos files for potential asbestos disturbances.
• Supports the Environmental Program Manager with day to day operations to ensure compliance IAW AFI 32-1052.
• Assists Civil Engineering in project planning phases for identifying ACMs prior to any disturbance and determined what materials should be abated.
• Attends pre-con meetings for projects on request from CE on multiple projects.
• Provides oversight and inspection of asbestos abatement project critical barriers, final clearance, and proper manifesting of final disposal documentation.
• Assists with operation and updates to Asbestos Maintenance and Operations Plan.
- EHS-ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST at PAE/VECTRUS EHS
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST at ECO-SYSTEMS, INC
- GEOLOGY INTERN/TECHNICIAN at TIERRA CONSULTING
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Applied Sciences
Provide technical support to the 88th ABW CEI Environmental Management
Division, HAZMAT Program and Environmental, Safety and Occupational
• Confirm by inspection users are in compliance with Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health standards conforming to the Ohio/U.S. E.P.A., OSHA and the U.S. Air Force standards
• Liaison to the 711th HPW (Human Performance Wing) Epidemiology, Radio- analytical, Cognitive Performance Optimization and Operational Training Labs
• Routine Inspections of research and development labs, manufacturing sites, construction sites and industrial sites
• Provide Hazardous Materials procurement and tracking training to WPAFB Unit Environmental Coordinators and HazMart Managers to assure they are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations including but not limited to EPCRA, RCRA, CAA, DOT and OSHA
• Review all bi-annual chemical reconciliation reports
• Develop and manage Site Specific Spill Plans (SSSP)
• Develop and manage Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
• Database Administrator for EESOH-MIS
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Air Force
- CO-OP at City of Dayton Water Department
- Sales Associate (Appliances) at Sears & Roebuck Company
- Sole proprietor at BAM Delivery
6 years, 6 months at this Job
• Manage over 1000 Circle K Stores and their fueling systems
• Coordinate activities for maintenance and testing requirements on Underground Storage Tanks (UST) with Circle K affiliates.
• Adhere to Federal, State, and County regulations pertaining to maintenance, inspection requirements, and incident reporting for UST's.
• Work in conjuncture with state agencies such as Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), to resolve violations, address issues, and maintain compliance.
• Utilize reports, excel spread sheets, and Titan tracking system to maintain up-to-date information on all Circle K UST's.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Circle K INC
- Results Coach at Anytime Fitness
- Wall Laborer/Company Recruiter at Hottmann Construction
- Fuel Service Technician at US Air Force - Wisconsin Air National Guard
10 months at this Job
- BS - Environmental Science