• Oversee and begin expansion of the Compliance Management Department at Golars Environmental
• Recommend and execute company wide changes to the Salesforce software
• Work with multiple different departments (salesmen, environmental scientists, CEO, etc..) to ensure client has a smooth experience with our compliance management
• 1 of 2 compliance specialists who are in charge of ~500 facilities, overseeing/preparing for full expansion into other states (Ohio and Florida)
• Traveled all around the state of Indiana as part of the USSBOA to hold seminars on proposed changes from IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management)
• Met with State Senators in order to show them how much their proposed changes will effect smaller business owners
• Reach out to clients with all means possible in order to inform them of any IDEM communication about their facility
• Obtain/prepare documents on behalf of the client to resolve any Violation or Notification form request.
• Travel on a weekly basis to have meetings with clients to obtain documentation that is required by IDEM.
• Negotiate with Testing Vendors to obtain better pricing for our clients
• Develop relationships with clients in order to ensure clients will renew their compliance package when their current package expires
• Assist Project Managers in obtaining POA's from clients in order for Golars to apply for the ELTF (Excess Liability Trust Fund)
• Welcomed and Trained 3 new salesmen for the Compliance Management Department
• Created a document for the salesmen to take with them when they go to meet with a potential client
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Golars Environmental
- Marketing and Sales Execution Team Coordinator at Northwestern Mutual
- Auto Property Damage Claims Adjuster at The Hartford
- Trainer at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
4 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Serve as senior environmental compliance specialist for Washington, DC electrical power provider (service area: DC, MD and VA); responsibilities include the following with the goal of maintaining compliance with established company Key Performance Indexes:
• Hazardous, Non-hazardous, Universal and Liquid Waste.
• Tier II Reporting; ISO14001 Emergency Management System; UST removals, closure and remedial investigations.
• SPCC, Emergency Spills Response Oversight and Incident Management Team Lead to OCC.
• Stormwater, NPDES and Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
• Plan, organize, and control assigned project tasks from initial proposal through project completion.
• Provide direction and integration of project elements including staffing, health & safety, and subcontracted services.
• Manage contracts, project and task documentation, manpower, materials, and cost tracking.
- Senior Environmental Compliance Specialist at EXELON (Fortune 100 company).
- Environmental Quality Specialist at DEPARTMENT of MILITARY AND VETERANS AFFAIRS
- Adjunct Associate Professor at LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Senior Environmental Quality Analyst at MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY (MDEQ)
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Earth Science with Specialization in Hydrogeology
- Bachelor of Science - Earth Science with Minor in Conservation
● Conducts ambient air sampling and monitoring of ozone, volatile organic compounds and other air toxics in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) set schedule; compile field logbooks and chain of custody documentation
● Performs large-scale data analysis for 20,000 files each sampling season using TotalChrom, Airvision and the EPA Air Quality System (AQS); Coordinates equipment purchases and service contracts with multiple vendors
● Generate technical reports with analysis and interpretation of findings that are submitted to the EPA to determine if the region is in code compliance with federal and state regulations
● Evaluate potential risk factors for public/environmental health and submit recommendations to improve environmental concern and resolve issues; perform calibrations, maintenance, and repairs on gas chromatograph and other systems
● Design and present to federal and state partners and clients at local and national EPA Air Monitoring workshops and webinars. Topics: site operations, federal/state standard operating procedures, troubleshooting and data analysis/data validation
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Georgia Department of Natural Resources - Environmental Protection Division
- Research Fellow, Atmospheric Chemistry, Dr. Rodney Weber at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Research Assistant, Geochemistry, Dr. Martial Taillefert at Georgia Institute of Technology
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Earth and Atmospheric Science - Earth and Atmospheric Science
Environmental Compliance Specialist
Monitor and evaluate SOP's for all departments to ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards. Serve as lead safety and environmental auditor for 6K+-person facility. Develop demand and forecasting models to facilitate business growth. Administer inventory management processes and execute procurement for equipment and chemicals. Employ lean operations strategies and Six Sigma approaches enabling cost reduction and quality improvements.
• Mitigated regulatory risks by continuously re-evaluating and revolutionizing process improvement efforts for hazardous waste and operations supporting facility valued in excess of $200M.
• Skillfully achieved an OSHA .4 accident rating by keenly reducing environmental, health, and safety issues.
• Eliminated one-man-fail situations in all procedures and established email communication protocols enabling accountability tracking.
• Key stakeholder in new SDS pro software adoption leading to updated SDS program and site chemical recognition.
• Led Environmental team for Spill Readiness Solutions, keeping L3 compliant with EPA & TCEQ requirements.
• Successfully developed, implemented, and coach senior program area management on environmental impacts and waste reduction methods concerning hazardous chemicals and waste streams.
• Appointed Emergency Fire Drill Director; credited for comprehensive fire drill execution for 63 buildings spanning one mile.
• Successfully manages L3 hazardous waste programs and has received 3 achievement awards for zero findings during corporate and internal audits.
• Evaluated and implemented new evacuation plans and procedures that eliminated risk during emergency weather events and fire drills.
• Trained in EPA, TCEQ, TAS, NFPA, and OSHA requirements as well as REACH exposure.
• SPCC and SPW3 monthly inspector reporting to the City of Greenville, TX
• 7 years in Aviation Industry Safety and Compliance with 5 years working under Airline Industry Labor Laws.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at L3 ISR
- Scheduling Specialist / Driver at ANDREWS LOGISTICS
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Transportation and Logistics - Transportation and Logistics
MARENGO, OH 2016- PRESENT
A bioenergy company that reduces organic waste through anaerobic digestion to produce renewable energy.
Environmental Compliance Specialist
• Managed all compliance obligations of the company with multiple governmental agencies and organizations including Ohio EPA, Ohio Department of Agriculture, and Public Utilities of Ohio
• Responsible for keeping accurate records across multiple operations in the company, renewing operating licenses and submitting permits for projects.
• Analyzed data based on performance of the systems and compare against regulatory requirements.
• Utilized risk assessments to identify the company's greatest environmental risks and executed projects to reduce these risks from occurring.
• Lead facility investigations with regulatory representatives. Available to answer all questions about facility performance and all regulations were being followed.
• Oversaw ISO 9001 and 14001 implementation and compliance to improve operational efficiency and standardize business processes across the company. Closely monitor progress against stated objectives in the ISO framework.
• Train and updated staff on new processes required by updates to the compliance program.
• Directed the entire intern program from hiring to project completion.
• Supervised projects related to engineering tasks. Successful completion of projects created value to our fertilizer byproduct operations and led to understanding customer needs through marketing and surveys.
• Reduced Notices of Violations from an average of three a year to zero through developing proper processes and executing on corrective actions.
• Worked with senior management to plan projects and secure financing through various government initiatives. Prioritized projects based on their return on investment.
• Assisted with fertilizer sales and all agronomy needs of the company. Tasks include contacting local farmers to ensure all necessary information was captured during land application. Responsible for the completion of the billing process.
• Worked as a plant operator, coordinating day-to-day operations. Worked with other employees to ensure material was processed in a timely manner.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at RENERGY, INC
- Student Manager at CAMPUS GRINDS
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Assisted in management of waste streams i.g. Hazardous & Universal waste handling & disposal per
Resource Recovery & Conservation Act (RCRA)
• Provided environmental emergency response oversight & execution of protocols
• Monitored & enhanced facility Hazardous Communication Standard compliance per OSHA Title 29 Regulations
• Reviewed & Monitored Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Title 40 CFR Part 112 Spill Prevention & Control Countermeasures Plan
• Conducted Environmental Emergency Response Operations
- Environmental Compliance Specialist Intern at Public Works Commission
- Volunteer Map Editor at US Geological Survey
- Naturalist Aid at Amelia Island Plantation Nature Center
3 months at this Job
- M.S. - Environmental Management Policy, Natural Resource Management, Health & Safety
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental & Occupational Management - Regulatory Compliance & Natural Resources
• Performs restaurant, pool, hotel and land inspections and complaint investigations for the Public Health Division
• Assists in implementation of countywide programs for compliance, monitoring, enforcement and corrective action
• May serve as compliance officer and liaison between Public Health agencies and facilities, municipalities, institutions, organizations and county and state agencies
• Interprets Local, State, and Federal environmental health laws and regulations.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Department Of Public Health
- Driver Examiner at Georgia Department of Driver Services
- Commercial Insurance Specialist at Kool Smiles Dentistry/ Benevis LLC
- Patient Service Representative at Kool Smiles Dentistry/ Benevis LLC
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Environmental Science
- Diploma - General Studies
§ Monitor UST systems for any leakage and prevent releases into the environment § Address all alarms and rectify same § Facilitate other departments on repair of UST components § Document and report all product release and comply with all state regulations. § Familiar with EPA UST regulations, Tennessee regulations, and Michigan § Familiar with NEPA and CWA and NPDES § Produce inspection packets for state inspections. § Comply with all state NOV’s and rectify any outstanding issue to regain compliance § Formulate operating environmental budgets for 150+ stores. § EPA UST B-Operator certificate, TN, VA B-Operator certificates § Continually work with state of TN to determine new regulation changes and work with 3rd party testing services to implement new compliance requirements § Train C-Store Store Mangers and District Managers on Environmental policy requirements (state and company policies) § Implement “Redbook” environmental guide and record keeping book to stores in a region with 75+ stores § Participate and manage 5 personnel on new environmental compliance equipment installations § New Automatic Tang Gauging (ATG) systems to prevent petroleum releases into the environment § Coordinate efforts between multiple departments to repair or replace and faulty equipment § Adhere and submit Permit by Rule Air pollution operating permits § Submit and relate proper information and documentation to 3rd party environmental restoration services (emergency clean ups, etc) § Coordinate all efforts for emergency clean ups and proper disposal of waste
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at GPM Investments
- Army Corps of Engineers Intern at Army Corps of Engineers
- Sonar Technician Second Class at U.S. Navy
- customer service and computer sales at Best Buy
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Geology and Environmental Studies
- - Liberal Arts
ATLANTA, GA (M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM)
Environmental Compliance Specialist III (Health Physics), Apr 2016 - Present
Radioactive Materials Program
• Reviews and evaluates applications for registration of products containing radioactive materials
• Issues radioactive materials licenses in accordance with state and federal regulations
• Examines licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance with licensing requirements for radioactive materials as permitted by the State of Georgia and the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
• Performs inspections at licensee facilities to ensure compliance with state radioactive materials regulations and licensee commitments
• Determines the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation
• Monitors follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and reviews compliance monitoring reports after full compliance has been achieved
• Responds to medical and industrial incidents and allegations pertaining to overexposures and lost and damaged radiation sources
• Maintains medical authorized user and radiation safety officer database Environmental Radiation Program
• Provides radiological emergency training for first responders and inhabitants of the Emergency Pathway Zones for Vogtle Nuclear Power Plant, Hatch Nuclear Power Plant, and Farley Nuclear Power Plant
• Supports FEMA evaluated exercises including environmental field monitoring teams, vehicle decontamination, and reception center and congregate care
• Training in radiological dose assessment using RASCAL, MIDAS, and Turbo FRMAC software
• Serves as a member of the Georgia Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP) team comprised of members from the Georgia Emergency Management Agency and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources
• Serves as an Emergency Offsite Responder for Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
• Performs air and water environmental sampling for radiochemistry analysis
• Performs radiochemistry analysis using gamma spectroscopy, liquid scintillation and gas proportional counter
• Supported the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) Region 3 Radiological Assistance Program by performing radiological monitoring and screening of media and staff entrances and performing venue sweeps in support of security operations for Super Bowl LIII (SB53) in Atlanta, GA.
- Environmental Compliance Specialist III (Health Physics) at GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION
- Quality Control Analytical Chemist at ALCON LABORATORIES
- Quality Control Analyst at
- Chemical Analyst III at RENMATIX
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration degree - Business Administration
- Masters of Science degree - Environmental Management
- Bachelors of Science degree - Chemistry
Provide technical support to the 88th ABW CEI Environmental Management
Division, HAZMAT Program and Environmental, Safety and Occupational
• Confirm by inspection users are in compliance with Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health standards conforming to the Ohio/U.S. E.P.A., OSHA and the U.S. Air Force standards
• Liaison to the 711th HPW (Human Performance Wing) Epidemiology, Radio- analytical, Cognitive Performance Optimization and Operational Training Labs
• Routine Inspections of research and development labs, manufacturing sites, construction sites and industrial sites
• Provide Hazardous Materials procurement and tracking training to WPAFB Unit Environmental Coordinators and HazMart Managers to assure they are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations including but not limited to EPCRA, RCRA, CAA, DOT and OSHA
• Review all bi-annual chemical reconciliation reports
• Develop and manage Site Specific Spill Plans (SSSP)
• Develop and manage Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
• Database Administrator for EESOH-MIS
- Environmental Compliance Specialist at Air Force
- CO-OP at City of Dayton Water Department
- Sales Associate (Appliances) at Sears & Roebuck Company
- Sole proprietor at BAM Delivery
6 years, 8 months at this Job