For almost 7 years now, I have been the Environmental Coordinator for Eagle Village. I manage the landfill daily operations. I have revived an old recycling program, replaced plastic bags with re-usable shopping bags and expanded a 1.2-acre landfill to 2.4 acres for much less money than environmental and government entity studies projected it could be done to name a few of my accomplishments. I brought Eagle's landfill into compliance to receive their Class III landfill permit. I overhauled the landfill and environmental office to bring it up to ADEC's (Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation) standards and received an inspection score of 94%, to receive our permit. Subsequent Inspection scores of 98.6 and 99.3 were received for the landfill and administrative management. My duties in Eagle Village were greatly expanded in the summer of 2013 to include administrative work, Payroll and accounts payable. I also maintained the computer network in the office and handled all IT and computer repair, as well as the mesh network for Village residents using mac address filtering. Each year I wrote a new work plans and budget to secure the IGAP program for the following fiscal year. I collaborated with the science dept. of the Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council's Water Quality program. I have been invited to speak at many Trainings and Conferences by Zender Group and the ADEC to help people who are new to the IGAP program.
- Environmental Coordinator at Eagle Village Council
- Fish Tech 2 at Alaska Fish & Game
- Residential Installation Technician at AT&T
- Help Desk-Technical Assistant at Convergys
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science degree - Applied Science
I have a high level of personal responsibility and accountability and I have been able to effectively carry out various tasks assigned to me. Some of the tasks assigned to me in my former places of work include;
Environmental Coordinator 01/2018 to Date
Dallas Water Utilities (Southside Wastewater Treatment Plant)
• Ensuring the cleanliness and proper management of waste produced by the 24-hour operations of Wastewater Treatment Plant sitting on a 3,000 acres' water basin.
• Creating proper awareness to operators and supervisors on methods and procedures that help to reduce work injuries, chemical incidents, oil spills, etc.
• Engineering Procurements and Equipment Specifications as needed for the Plant
• Developing and improving strategies to ensure that the facility operates effectively without negatively affecting its environment according City, State and Federal Environmental Policies and Regulations.
• Responsible for making sure the plant functions according to OSHAs Standards and Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 amongst others.
- Environmental Coordinator at Dallas Water Utilities
- Math Instructor at Mathnasium of Mansfield
- Assistant Engineer at Grid Contractors and Consultants
- Aerodrome Inspector at Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA)
1 year at this Job
- M.Eng. in Construction Engineering and Management - Advanced Concrete Design
- Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Structural Analysis, Structural Design, Fluid Mechanics, Properties of Materials, Groundwater Hydrology, Surface Water Hydrology, Engineering Geology, Engineering Surveying, Highway Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering Economics, Civil Engineering Practice
Superior, WI, 2011 to Present
World's leading producer of precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) for the global paper industry.
Environmental Coordinator / Operator
Oversee environmental compliance, monitoring and scheduling for a 50,000 ton-a-year chemical manufacturing company's newest and most environmentally stringent 24/7 plant. Track daily process flow to ensure quality and production goals.
• Cost Savings: Directed and participated in team-focused kaizen and lean activities that reduced direct production / operational costs by $50K annually.
• Process Control: Initiated process control improvements that decreased chemical and water requirements 10%.
• Compliance: Completed first government (DNR) compliance audit / inspection with zero violations. Developed testing schedule and spreadsheets for environmental compliance, researching existing permits and applicable laws. Conducted all audit training.
• Program Leadership: Implemented recycling program with projected waste removal cost savings of $10K annually. Professional Approach To PROCESS CONTROL Quickly learn to know and understand the process Focus and prioritize Document the baselines Use tools to enhance effectiveness Network and communicate results Keep learning Share knowledge
- Environmental Coordinator / Operator at specialty minerals/ Bartech INC
- Manufacturing Associate at DIOSYNTH / MERCK
- Lab Associate at KBR / SEII INTERNATIONAL
- Research Lab Assistant at COBE CARDIOVASCULAR, INC
8 years at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering- Power
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
• 10/2017 - 9/2018 The world's leading provider of solid expandable technology for the oil & gas industry. Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator Assembled, trained, and managed international EHS team upon being hired as one-person EHS department. Performed domestic and international audits and inspections of the environment, equipment and processes in working areas, using results to devise performance improvement plans and define and enforce corrective action plans to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Collaborated with Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain to conduct Hazard and Risk analyses for all areas and functions, and created Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all business processes. Conducted accident root cause investigations, designed and implemented corrective actions plans. Coordinated return to work with Workers' Compensation providers. Key Accomplishments:
• Reduced OSHA recordable incidents by 80%.
• Reduced annual waste output by 50% by designing and implementing recycling and resale program and through vendor negotiation.
• Designed, coordinated, and conducted safety training, including CPR / AED / First Aid, Smith Driving Systems, and conducted New Hire Orientation.
- Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator at ENVENTURE GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY
- Health, Safety & Environmental Officer at METROPOLITAN TRANSIT AUTHORITY
- HSE&T Environmental Compliance Administrator at HYDROCHEM LLC
- Health, Safety & Environmental Administrator at JYOTI AMERICAS LLC
11 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Occupational Safety and Health
Health Safety Environmental Coordinator (CHSM/231/2016)
Acting HSE Manager (+27) 84-512-9302
Murray & Roberts Power & Energy [email protected]
Medupi Power Station, Mega Project. (Constructing 6 x 780mw boilers)
2010 - Current
• Managing the full HSE system on the Medupi project. SKILLS
• Managing 20 x HSE Practitioners from junior - senior.
• Compiling job specific Method Statement and Risk Assessments.
• Overseeing major lifting and rigging activities. (400t - 1200t crawler crane)
• Providing Health and Safety inductions and training to employees and sub- Health, Safety and contractors. Environment
• Daily Baseline observations on employees and equipment.
• Providing feedback to Management regarding safety on site. Hazard Identification
• Part of the fire fighting and first aid team.
• Conducting HSE meetings with managers and supervisors. Project Management
• Managing HSE Committee Meetings and HSE Reps
• Practising visible felt leadership (VFL), helping the workers to change their Incident Investigations attitudes towards safety.
• Managing monthly inspections on all mobile plant and equipment. Legal Compliance
• Implementing Health, Safety and Environment systems.
• Conducting Internal Audits and External Audits. (Legal Compliance audits) Risk Management
• Managing and Conducting Incident Investigations. (R Cat and TAP Root, Section Contract Management 24 and Lost time injuries)
• Writing site specific surveys. Audits
• Compiling Health, Safety and Environment files.
• Part of the High Rope Rescue Team. Industrial Safety
• Writing Safe Work Instructions (SWI)
• Writing Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) Inspections
• Major Accident Prevention System (MAP) implementation. BD CREATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE CONT'D EDUCATION Senior Health, Safety and Environment Practitioner Murray & Roberts, Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
- Health Safety Environmental Coordinator at Medupi Power Station
- Lead Auditors at
- competent electrician at
- Management Practitioner at DQS
9 years at this Job
- Diploma - Management
- Diploma - Management
recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for continuous improvement of a comprehensive occupational/environmental health and safety program involving the situations created in an intensive, fast paced manufacturing environment, based on standard industrial hygiene and safety practice, occupational health and safety laws and standards.
➢ Manages the First Party Audit Process and trains other individuals to conduct Audits.
➢ Review and /or prepare incident and illness investigations, including Root Cause Analysis, leading to appropriate intervention strategies resulting in a permanent solution; track, and utilize various measurement and benchmarking tools to determine program effectiveness and direction; utilize databases to support program activities.
➢ Prepare monthly Worker's Compensation reports. Also, serve as coordinator for all injury management for an injured worker.
➢ Prepare information to support development and submittal of Federal, State, and local Regulatory reports as mandated by the respective agencies.
➢ Provide technical consultation, direction, advice to division management/supervision.
➢ Assist and support division management in on-going development and implementation of its ergonomics and risk reduction program.
➢ Research, develop and/or provide information pertinent to safety training while informing management, supervisors, and employees of potential occupational health and safety issues; assist in the development of training programs.
➢ Coordinate safety orientation of all employees along with all required safety training. Conduct follow-up discussions and assure that rating and feedback sessions are conducted by the responsible production supervisor, aid in pay increase recommendation and tracking.
➢ In addition to the above, the Safety/Environmental Coordinator may be assigned additional responsibilities as needed.
- Safety / Environmental Coordinator at Anticipate
- Production Coordinator at
- Sales Coordinator at Skyline Homes
- at In-Home Care
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
Reviewed and implemented environmental technical standards, guidelines, policies, and formal regulations ensuring appropriate requirements were consistently met.
● Adhered to and developed strict standard operating procedures in accordance with lab safety and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
● Collected, analyzed, and reported environmental data, including pollution emission measurements, and water samples.
● Provided advice on proper standards and regulations and developed standard operating procedures for environmental management.
● Prepared charts and graphs from data samples, providing summary information on the environmental relevance of the data.
● Conducted environmental audits, inspections and investigations of violations.
● Evaluated violations or problems discovered during inspections to determine appropriate regulatory actions.
● Developed methods to minimize the impact of production processes on the environment, based on study and assessment of industrial production, environmental legislation, physical, and biological environments.
● Processed reviewed, and updated environmental permits, and licenses.
● Supervised and trained students, environmental technicians, and general staff on environmental management strategies.
● Conducted research on environmental topics, including waste control and treatment.
● Monitored environmental impacts of development activities.
- Environmental Coordinator at Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Environmental Intern at Musgrove Mill State Park
- General Laborer at Trey Mathias Pressure Washing
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
Interacted with environmental vendors weekly. Collaborated with local and state environmental personnel. Took care of the daily manifest for all of the special waste, universal waste and hazardous waste that needed removed for the facility. Processed invoices pertaining to the environmental services for payment. Performed other duties as needed. Trained in spill containment. Investigated all environmental issues.
- ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR at TITAN WHEEL CORPORATION OF ILLINOIS
- PC COORDINATOR at TITAN WHEEL CORPORATION OF ILLINOIS
- SALES ASSOCIATE at CATO FASHIONS
3 years at this Job
• Prepared comprehensive technical reports and documents
• Verbal and written communication with regulatory agencies
• Administratively managed and organized multiple permits, registrations, documents, and files across multiple user interfaces through the internet and company intranet
• Conducted management engagement safety questions with employees while they were completing their daily activities
• Conducted onsite environmental inspections and produced bi-monthly photographic and written inspection reports
• Reviewed current environmental regulations regarding proposition 65 warnings and notifications and assisted in implementing company prop 65 signs, indoctrination, and computer-based training.
• Completed CERS and company based Hazardous Materials Business Plans per facility and employee training
• Enforcing environmental and safety regulations for safety and environmental compliance for the benefit of the company and its stakeholders
• Completed facility potable water reports and continuous monitoring data trends monthly
• Completed site tonnage reports and EPA RCRA Biennial Report
• Conducted facility quarter and annual chemical inventory
• Possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn
• Measured and inspected geothermal brine pond levels to keep within 2 feet freeboard regional water board state compliance
• Represented the company at an Air Resource Board Hearing regarding a filed variance
• Responsible for weekend duty call out emergency response when assigned
• Completed monthly computer-based training on company and environmental department best practices.
• Delivered company sensitive documents and monetary payments to various corresponding agencies such as Imperial County Public Health Department (ICPHD), Air Pollution Control District (APCD), and Imperial County Public Planning and Development Services (ICPDS).
- Environmental Coordinator at Berkshire Hathaway Renewables dba CalEnergy Operating Corporation
- Field and Laboratory Technician at Berkshire Hathaway Renewables dba CalEnergy Operating Corporation
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies
Wetlands delineations, reporting, and USACE confirmation meetings for commercial and residential projects up to subdivision size. Perennial stream assessments. Create erosion and sediment control plans for commercial and residential projects. Design temporary and permanent Best Management Practices facilities for commercial and residential projects. Create Storm Water Pollution Protection Plans Coordinate VSM permitting Dam break inundation studies Create Chesapeake Bay Act plans for commercial and residential projects. Correspond and interact with all state, local, and federal agencies and plan approving authorities, including VA Department of Environmental Quality, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and city and county planners and officials for plan design, review, and corrections. Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments Coordination of soil sampling team and soil collection for shrink/swell analysis. Commercial and residential third party building inspections for footings, masonry foundations, concrete foundations, concrete slabs, e&s compliance, retaining walls and other related inspections.
- Environmental Coordinator at KLF Engineering
12 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration