Safety and Environmental Coordinator Gd Copper USA - Pine Hill, AL September 2017 Senior Environmental and Safety Coordinator for a manufacturing facility of 400 mixed nationality employees (Chinese and American) in a very challenging environment. ISO 2015 Standard Certified Internal Auditor Other duties: Solid Waste Manager Housekeeping Coordinator Facility Security Permit Acquisition
Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Gd Copper USA - Pine Hill, AL
Senior Environmental and Safety Coordinator for a manufacturing facility of 400 mixed nationality employees (Chinese and American) in a very challenging environment.
ISO 2015 Standard Certified Internal Auditor
Solid Waste Manager
- Safety and Environmental Coordinator at GD Copper, USA
- Deputy Director of Clarke County Emergency Management at Clarke County, Alabama
- HSE Coordinator at NOV Tuboscope
- Shift Supervisor at Tuboscope
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BS - Criminal Justice
In my time as Environmental Coordinator, I have completely overhauled our plant's environmental program. I have recreated all aspects of the Green Team (Air, Waste, Storm Water, etc.) and rebuilt the team structure. We have cleaned up all outstanding action items as we prepare for a well-controlled audit.
• Lead site of over 700 employees in yearly environmental training
• Perform weekly new hire orientations
• Lead the "Green Team"
• Ensure that all employees comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations
• Update management team on any potential environmental outages and ensure actions are taken accordingly
• Oversee day-to-day environmental tasks through myEHS, GEHSMS, and NAF Protocol
• Update/monitor all environmental permits (Air, Underground Storage, Water, etc.)
• Assist with all safety-related issues when needed
- Environmental Coordinator at Frito Lay
- DOT Coordinator at Frito Lay
- Dock Coordinator at Pepsico
- Account Manager at Healthcare Service Group
4 months at this Job
Manage and monitor the Environmental Management System requirements for installation environmental and sustainability performance measures. Conduct workplace safety inspections/assessments; compiles reports and coordinates results to appropriate management officials. Ø Excelled in Environmental Coordinator role, managing 36 hazardous material and hazardous waste programs. Decreased the number write-ups on yearly Environmental Compliance Assessment of Management Practices inspection by 45%, 896 items inspected. Ø Completed Occupational Safety Program Management course; received certification. Ø Provided monthly safety briefs for 130 personnel. Ø Revived 6 month vacant safety program. Received zero discrepancies on annual inspection.
- ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR/SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE at UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
- WEAPONS LOADING MANAGER at TRAINING MONITOR
- WEAPONS TEAM LEADER at Holloman AFB second F-16 Aircraft Maintenance Unit. Launched eight
- LEAD STANDARDIZATION CREW at
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BA - Public Safety and Emergency Management
- AAS - Aircraft Armament Systems Technology
Office Engineer: Project Environmental Coordinator
Project Environmental Coordinator
- Office Engineer & Project Environmental Coordinator at Kiewit-Aldridge, AJV
- Engineer 1 at Mass. Electric Construction Co
- Engineer 1 at Mass. Electric Construction Co
- Teaching Assistant (TA) at University of New Brunswick
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BScEng) - Electrical Engineering
Health Safety and Environmental Intern Health Safety and Environmental Operations Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator
• Assist EHS Officer in creating a safe environment to work
• Learn and implement OSHA standards for the facility
• Create programs such as Hearing Conservation Program to promote ear safety
• Prepare site for OSHA VPP Audit by developing and improving or creating over fifteen new Safety programs
• Provide guidance to employees on safety related issues onsite
• Manage all ordering of EHS related items and projects on site
• Became a member of the emergency response team and receive First Aid/CPR, Bloodborne Pathogen, and 24 hr HAZWOPER Certification
• Manage all day to day operations of the site
• Develop Lockout Tagout Procedures for Pilot Plants, Spray Drying Operations, and Continuous Drug Product Manufacturing Operation
• Brief training as a process technician under Operation Lead
• Facilitate and revamp site Safety Committee into a respected and useful program to highlight employee concerns
• Received OSHA 30 Certification and 24 hour HAZWOPER Certification
• Train new employees on all applicable rules & safety procedures based on job function
• Manage Chemical Risk Assessment process and improve upon existing design
• Manage all permits required during normal site operation (Confined Space, Restricted Roof Access, Hotwork, etc)
• Create and send out Safety Communications for accidents, near misses, and other safety related events
• Conduct daily inspections of all manufacturing areas and lab areas
• Become first contact for employees to report safety incidents and questions
• Assist in the development of environmental programs such as SPCC & DPCC Programs
• Assist in updating various HSE Internal Operating Procedures such as Emergency Action Plan, Hazard Communication, Potent Material Handling, Personal Protective Equipment, and others
• Plan and assist annual Industrial Hygiene Monitoring by coordinating with user areas, developing a sampling plan, and assist Industrial Hygienist in completing work in a timely manner.
Health Safety and Environmental Intern
Health Safety and Environmental Operations
Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator
- Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator at Hovione LLC
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S in Environmental Science - Environmental Science
• Research, evaluate and interpret complex environmental compliance information.
• Coordinates and manages consultant deliverable for environmental service contracts to include reviewing deliverables, QC/QA, and makes recommendations for approval.
• Develops, interprets and implements policies, procedures and technical information to ensure the nine county area of the TxDOT Wichita Falls District remains compliant.
• Plans, directs, coordinates and schedules projects in accordance with NEPA and environmental regulations to ensure they are done on time and have sufficient resources to ensure they are let without delays in conjunction with the statewide letting schedule.
• Maintains, updates and compiles detailed data in spreadsheets, files, logs, summaries and records.
• Evaluates environmental impacts for transportation activities including noise, air and water quality, hazardous material, socioeconomic, environmental justice, biological, geological, cultural or historic resources.
• Coordinates with staff, and local, state, and federal regulatory agencies as well as consultant professionals.
• Provides guidance as well as directs and monitors complex environmental coordination of programs, issues and mitigation.
• Trains Department employees in environmental laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and issues.
• Schedules and coordinates public involvement activities.
• Serves on committees and work groups to develop and improve processes.
- Environmental Coordinator at Texas Department of Transportation
- Environmental Specialist IV at Texas Department of Transportation
- Environmental Supervisor at Defense Support Services, Sheppard Air Force Base
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Occupational Safety & Health - Occupational Safety & Health
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Geology
Specialist serving the field office as the procedure and policy coordinator on all NEPA planning and documentation matters. Reviews all field office environmental assessment documents to insure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Assists EA team leaders in determination of scope of analysis, detail and quality of documents produced.
- Planning & Environmental Coordinator at US Bureau of Land Management
- Staff Contracts Representative, Shell Appalachia at SWEPI LP
- Manager Regulatory & Environmental at Baytex Energy USA LTD
- Manager Business & Regulatory Affairs at Ellora Energy, Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR at MAPFRE PRAICO Insurance Company
- CO-FOUNDER AND CO-OWNER at La Punta Surf Club, LLC
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science in Environmental Engineering
At a $5M contract pharmaceutical manufacturing firm, specializing in the research and development of novel active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates:
● Organized the Company's first Safety Month and reduced the accident rate by 30%.
● Implemented behavior-based safety program to increase employee risk awareness and improved near-miss reporting by 40%.
● Manage environmental, health and safety programs to meet the company's aggressive goals of continuous improvement.
● Prevented 1.5 tons of surplus office equipment from landfill disposal and met corporate requirement to reduce waste-to-landfill.
● Achieved a six-point improvement in the corporate sponsored environmental, health and safety audit over the two previous audits.
● Accomplished $450K savings annually through key relationship with waste vendor in Canada.
● Source and manage contractors for security systems and small construction projects, and environmental program support to improve existing infrastructure.
● Manage ISO 14001 program by addressing non-conformances and incorporating opportunities for improvement to support environmental goals.
● Create and share safety and environmental communications to advertise company improvements and programs.
- ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR at Johnson Matthey
- HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR at Motiva Enterprises
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Sustainable Business Practices
- B.A. - English
I am the Greenest Region Corps member for the village of south Barrington. A position created be the collaboration of Americorps, the metropolitan mayors caucus, and the local municipality. My positions entailed providing a framework for sustainability practices within south Barrington. Mainly contributing to revamping the urban forest resiliency program, helping establish the first Sustainability Advisory Committee, as well as organizing a High school field trip on Arbor Day for Kids in environmental classes to have an interactive outdoor classroom experience
- Environmental Coordinator at AmeriCorps
- Amherst internship program in archeological studies at UMASS
- Conservation & Environmental Volunteer at Hartbeespoort
- Assistant to Oral Surgeon at North West Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science