Environmental Engineer & Program Analyst
• Led the development of several planning documents for the Region and the Agency
• Independenty conducted complex analyses leading to cost- savings and increased efficiency in Agency processes
• Tracked Regional performance commitments to ensure all goals and targets were met
- Environmental Engineer at U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
- Electronics Engineer at U.S. Air Force
- Tutor at America Reads America Counts
- Summer School Teacher at Rock Prairie Elementary School
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Economics
- Master's - Public Administration
- Bachelor's - Biomedical Engineering
Environmental Engineer having 8.5 years of diverse experience working in construction industry for various environmental infrastructure projects like waste management facilities, waste treatment, oil and gas, petrochemicals, and similar environmental projects. Presently working as an Environmental Engineer in the construction project of Abu Dhabi International Airport (Mid-field Terminal Project) for the main contractor
- Environmental Engineer at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- at First Class
at this Job
- - Environmental
- Bachelor of Engineering - Environmental Engineering
• Designed remedial systems including soil vapor extraction (SVE), air sparging, vapor mitigation systems, oil (LNAPL) recovery systems, and groundwater pump and treat.
• Prepared subcontractor bid specification packages, conducted bid walks and reviewed respective bid packages.
• Managed multiple remedial projects within approved budgets. Communicated frequently with clients and stakeholders. Prepared proposals and managed field activities.
• Conducted vapor intrusion (VI) assessments and monitored natural attenuation (MNA) evaluations.
• Performed Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan inspections and prepared reports.
• Managed sampling program to comply with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit. Assisted facility with NPDES permit application and subsequent inspections and questions from MassDEP and EPA.
• Wrote regulatory reports in accordance with various state regulations including: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, and New York. Continually worked on projects under the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP).
• Oversaw perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) groundwater sampling program.
• Worked on various in situ remediation projects including sodium permanganate, sodium lactate and bacteria culture injections to treat chlorinated solvents in groundwater.
• Worked on sites in New England, New York and California under their respective regulations.
• Prepared Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBPs) for large retail client with multiple locations throughout California and submitted online through the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS). Reviewed requirements for local Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUPAs) and spoke with CUPA inspectors. Engineer and Project Manager, Remedial Monitoring Project, MA
• Operation and maintenance of vapor mitigation systems at approximately 40 residential properties downgradient of former landfill contaminated with solvents. Engineer and Project Manager, Remedial Monitoring Project, MA
• Conducted vapor intrusion assessments of vacant and occupied spaces at active and former manufacturing facilities impacted with VOCs and CVOCs in groundwater and soil. Reviewed building plans and building design features, conducted chemical inventories and PID surveys, developed sampling plans, installed sub-slab vapor monitoring points, conducted soil vapor sampling, and provided recommendations for further action.
• Oversaw operation of existing LNAPL recovery system including regulatory report preparation. Engineer, Project Manager & Site Waste Coordinator, Site Remediation, MA
• Designed and installed a LNAPL recovery system for a 29 pump system in a PCB area. Conducted functional testing at system startup. Oversaw operation and maintenance of LNAPL recovery system for over 10 years. Performed fieldwork management and coordination for operation and maintenance activities for full-scale operation.
• Coordinated waste handling between consultant and the facility's on-site waste contractor. Engineer and Site Manager, Brownfield Property Site Remediation & Redevelopment Support, MA
• Conducted a SVE field pilot test to evaluate feasibility of full-scale implementation to mitigate chlorinated solvents inside a recently redeveloped building. Designed full-scale SVE system with air treatment using the pilot test results. Performed functional testing activities and fieldwork management for operation and maintenance activities for SVE system. Prepared regulatory reports including Response Action Outcome (RAO) and Activity and Use Limitation (AUL) Documents. Engineer, Remediation Construction Project, New York
• Designed three soil vapor extraction systems with air treatment using soil vapor extraction pilot testresults within former military buildings. Designed soil vapor extraction and air sparge system at a forth location. Prepared work plans for regulatory review (EPA and NYDEC) which included design basis, system description, design drawings, and equipment specification sheets. Reviewedand coordinated bid walks with subcontractors. Prepared status reports for system operation and provided site management during the operation and maintenance of the systems.
- Environmental Engineer at Aptim Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc
- Civil/Environmental Engineer at Tetra Tech Inc
17 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Bachelor's - Agricultural and Biological Engineering
Air quality permit engineer responsible for reviewing and evaluating permit applications, actions and source files for compliance with established requirements. Very familiar with facilities and the equipment on site at power plants, gas plants, refineries, and compressor stations. Main duties included to write, review, and edit Air Quality permits and related documents that form the basis for compliance with environmental laws and regulations. Performed peer reviews on permit applications as requested. Obtained and evaluated data from publications, documents, files, technical drawings, and engineering or environmental studies as it related to sources of air emissions, and related data so as to write technical reports including analysis, explanations, conclusions, and recommendations. Other duties included analyze, assess, and respond to public and agency comments, and review, evaluate, and edit technical reports for completeness and accuracy. Performed site inspections for compliance with environmental laws and regulations. Served on the stack test team and observed performance tests/stack tests/RATA testing for compliance with operating permits. Familiar with PSD permitting, Title V permitting, NSPS regulations, EPA TANKS, GRI-Calc, and other various programs. Received NSR permit training through the agency. Majority of permits issued pertained to the Oil and Gas Industry. Other special projects include beta testing for E-Permitting. Write inspection reports and make referrals to enforcement when violations of permit conditions are discovered and when testing results show non-compliance. Awards and Recommendations * Permit Writer of the Month four (4) times * Runner-Up Permit Writer of the Year 2015 * Exceeds Standards on annual Performance Management Process Report (15/16 & 16/17)
- Environmental Engineer at Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division
- Accounting Clerk II at University of Central Oklahoma-Financial Services
- Substitute Teacher at European Theater
- Home Educator/Volunteer at
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Worked as an environmental engineer for Black Thunder Mine. Main portion of the position was compliance management working directly with Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Office of Surface Mining, and Wyoming State Engineer Office. In 2018 became a professional engineer in Wyoming and am in charge of doing design work for Post Mining Topography, impoundment design, and haul road certification.
- Environmental Engineer at Black Thunder Mine
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering
Bay City, MI May 2016 - Current
Staff Engineer with a wide variety of both field and professional project experience working with Environmental,
Geotechnical, and Construction Materials Services groups as a field engineer, construction observer and quality
assurance personnel, and providing crossover field engineering support on a variety of projects in each service
sector. I have been able to step in and fill a void in the engineering department as an engineer capable of performing primarily environmental related work, but also capable of working with multiple other service
groups as needed. Experience has included:
Environmental - I have been heavily involved with Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation
activities including historical documentation review, investigative soil borings, field classification and sampling of soil and groundwater, monitoring well installation, groundwater contour drawings, and technical reporting and documentation. A few specific projects include:
• Performed a site walkover and historical documentation review for a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) of a previous residence containing un-known demolition and site history.
• Conducted Phase II ESA of former automotive service location by helping plan subsurface sampling locations and completing soil borings to obtain soil and groundwater samples. Following results, I demonstrated the supposed risk and aided in preparing the Baseline Environmental Assessment (BEA) report required by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
• Managing the remediation oversight of a PCB contaminated site, including developing remediation plans and detailed drawings, calculating an engineer's estimate, and preparing a Bid Contract outlining site activities to take place in order to complete remediation.
• Observed and documented removal of an Underground Storage Tank (U.S.T), as well as performed verification soil sampling to evaluate potential contamination.
• Installed monitoring wells and produced groundwater contour drawings at former Manufactured Gas Plants (MGP sites) that illustrate potential contamination pathways, as well as aiding in determining future action.
• Purging and sampling monitoring wells at a retention basin to develop a strategy towards No Further Action (NFA), allowing for future site development to occur.
• Evaluated potential release of a previous jet fuel pipeline by performing site investigation and soil borings to obtain soil and groundwater samples. Geotechnical - I have been involved with several aspects of our geotechnical evaluations including soil classification using ASTM standards, hand auger sampling, foundation subgrade evaluations, and proof roll observations at multiple sites. Additional project work involved:
• Groundwater infiltration analysis to evaluate design capability of pervious pavements.
• Hand penetrometer testing for bearing capacity of cohesive soils, and dynamic cone penetrometer evaluations to determine suitable sub-grade conditions exist for the designed bearing pressures.
• Design and verification of clay lined agricultural waste storage lagoons, including construction oversight, elevation surveys, as-built engineering drawings, and verification of drain tile removal. Material Testing - I have performed quality assurance testing for compaction and engineered suitability of various materials including: asphalt sampling and compaction testing; concrete testing for designed strength characteristics such as slump, percent of air entrainment and compressive strength laboratory analysis; aggregate sub-base density testing; engineered sand backfill density testing using a Troxler © nuclear density gauge. My involvement with material testing has mostly been on an as needed basis, and for specific projects where an engineering opinion or expertise was required. Specific projects of this nature have included:
• Observation and documentation of variable composition backfill following removal of a registered Leaking Underground Storage Tank (L.U.S.T).
• Preparing soil logs for test pits to evaluate subsurface conditions for engineering calculations.
• Evaluation of clay liner density and thickness for waste storage lagoons.
- Environmental Engineer at SOILS & MATERIALS ENGINEERS (SME)
- Research Assistant for Dr. Colleen Mouw at GREAT LAKES RESEARCH CENTER AT MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- Mining Engineering & Exploration Geology Intern at CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES
- Student Worker Paraprofessional at MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Geological Engineering
• Water/Environmental/Civil Engineer in Training
• Wrote engineering reports and proposals on a variety of projects in water supply and wastewater treatment processes
• Utilized AutoCAD Civil 3D for engineering drawings
• Worked with SWMM and ICPR
• Rely on Python and R for data analysis
- Environmental Engineer at Watermark Engineering Group, Inc
- Claims at Heritage Insurance Company
- Engineer Intern at Tampa Electric (TECO)
- President (2016-2017) at
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemical Engineering
• Managed Emissions, Stack Testing, Compliance & Regulation, Title V, & Investigation reports
• Oversaw Notice of Violation and Notice of Enforcement
• Performed moderately complex technical duties for electronic, electromechanical and chemical systems used for environmental quality monitoring
• Experience with data analysis/summary applications
• Presided over Regulation & Operating Permits
- Environmental Engineer at Texas Commission Environmental Quality
- Senior Design at Project & Research
- Researcher at Project & Research
- Prime Auto Car Sales at
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Mr Henock is Civil/Environmental Engineer with more than five years of experience in capital improvement projects (sewer mains, laterals and manhole rehabilitation), condition assessment of force mains and wet wells, water supply and wastewater treatment engineering, data manipulation, analysis and management in GIS, water hammer /surge/column separation analysis and reporting, Hydraulic Modeling, Hydraulic structures, design of ADA standard ramps and parking spaces, preparation of Temporary Traffic Control Plans (TTCPs), preparation of design specification and contract document, construction of reinforced concrete and steel structures and preparation of construction task orders.: Company: Environ-Civil Engineering ltd., 2016 to Present Position: Civil/Environmental Engineer MD DGS: Accessibility Modification at Unicorn Fish Hatchery, MD: Developed different design layout options for lake access ramp, parking space, gangway and fishing dock based on 2010 American Disability Act (ADA) standards for accessible design and U.S. Access Board. After identifying most suitable route detail design, cost estimate and drawing were done. In addition to this stability analysis of the gang way and fishing dock were done. Design specification and contract document were written based on Queens Anne's County, Maryland Department of General Services and State Highway (SHA) standard specification. Detail designs, drawings, cost estimate and specification submitted to Maryland Department of General Services (MD DGS) to be used for bidding and construction. SSES technical review and evaluation: The Washington sanitary commission (WSSC) entered in to consent decree with the United States Environmental Protection (US EPA) and the Maryland department of environment (MDE) to address sanitary overflows associated with the sewer collection system across the entire WSSC service area. In addition to this WSSC entered in to Intermunicipal Agreement (IMA), a contract between the Washington D.C; Prince George's county and Montgomery County; Fairfax County to ensure the maximum capacity at Blue Plains is not exceeded. The purpose of the two agreements requires WSSC to complete a series of "Collection System Evaluation and Sewershed Plans". Little Falls, watts Branch, Piscataway, Parkway, Northeast, Beaverdam, Cabin John, Broad Creek and Rock Run sewer basins were selected for the study. Involved in evaluating the methodology followed in order to determine waste water flow characteristics (Average Base Flow, Ground Water Infiltration and Rainfall Dependent Infiltration/Inflow), evaluate techniques used for site investigation such as manhole inspection, Flow Isolation and Measurement, Closed Circuit Television(CCTV), Smoke Testing and Dyed water testing, Evaluate the Sewer Repair, rehabilitation and recommendation. Potomac Water Filtration Plant Redundancy 84-inch Pipeline, MD: The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission's (WSSC) Potomac Water Filtration Plant (WFP) provides water to nearly two million people in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. The plant, located at 12200 River Road in Potomac, Maryland, withdraws water from the Potomac River for treatment and distribution. Currently, the plant has 288 million gallons per day (MGD) hydraulic treatment capacity. WSSC has experienced failures of PCCP pipelines in their system, raising concerns about the transmission mains leaving the Potomac WFP FWPS. Potomac WFP Main Zone Redundancy 84-Inch Pipeline is to provide WSSC with a Main Zone transmission main that is fully redundant to existing 78-inch. Full redundancy will not only serve in failure events, but also allow for regular repair and maintenance of the existing mains without risking system integrity. Full redundancy requires several key elements to be designed; connection to the FWPS and Main Zone pumps, flow metering, redundancy of interplant connections, system surge protection, and connection to transmission mains in the vicinity of Tack House Court. I have participated in possible alternative route design; involved in Federal, State, County and Utility line construction permit.
- Civil/Environmental Engineer at Environ-Civil Engineering ltd
- Temporary Traffic Control Plans at Paint Branch
- Civil Engineer at Greening Urban LLC
- Civil Engineer at ETG Designer and Consultants Plc
3 years at this Job
Manage all aspects of statewide Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund (CWSRF) projects, including the review and approval of: o Engineering agreements o Wastewater facility plans o Technical specifications and designs for bidding o Addenda o Contract award approval documentation o Change orders o Payment requisitions
• Attend monthly on-site project construction meetings with CWSRF loan recipients and engineering consultants
• Provide engineering technical assistance and non-CWSRF project review to all Maine communities and Department staff
• Expertise in review, approving, and consulting for asset management plans
• Participate and Present at asset management conferences in New England
• Prepare required environmental review documents for public review and acceptance
• Ensure compliance with all federal CWSRF project requirements, including: o Davis-Bacon prevailing wages o American Iron and steel certifications o Disadvantaged business enterprise inclusion
• Coordinate with outside funding entities for complete project funding, including: o Maine Municipal Bond Bank o United States Department of Agriculture - Rural Development o Department of Economic and Community Development
• Experience with Combined Sewer Overflow program reporting and master planning documents
• Daily coordination with Department regulatory staff in all offices and bureaus
• Expertise with administering Department wastewater grant programs, including: o Small Community Grants (SCG) for failing septic systems o Overboard Discharge (OBD) removal grants
- Environmental Engineer at Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- Structural Engineer at AMEC
- Engineering Intern at Mactec Engineering and Consulting, Inc
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering