November 2017 - November 2018
• Incident prevention, response, and reporting, including inspections and Root Cause Corrective Action.
• Drafted Following plans: Hazardous Waste Management, Health and Safety Operational, Emergency Action and Contingency, Safety Committee Charter, Respiratory Protection, and Lockout/Tagout.
• Developed, organized and presented health and safety training programs including Orientation, Hazard Communication, RCRA-Hazardous Waste, Respiratory Protection, and Powered Industrial Vehicle.
• Managed Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan.
• Hazardous waste management for two chemical manufacturing facilities including handling, characterization, profiling, inspection, packaging, shipping, and record keeping.
• Federal and State Reporting-EPCRA Tier II and Section 313(TRI), RCRA Hazardous Waste Biennial and OSHA Injury.
• Ensured compliance with OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations. Skills: Strong presentation, writing and analytical skills. Self-motivating and results oriented. Efficient time management and organizational ability. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and leadership ability.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at Dymax Corporation, Department of Environmental, Health and Safety
- Chemistry Technician and Assistant Chemical Hygiene Officer at Trinity College, Department of Chemistry
- Lab Technician at Phoenix Environmental Laboratories
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Engineering - Environmental Engineering
- B.S. - Environmental Chemistry
Develops and coordinates safety and environmental management present
• Maintains centralized compliance records
• Maintains communication with various departments to ensure safety programs are followed
• Conducts employee safety training
• Conducts fire drills and other fire life safety inspections
• Conducts safety audits for both employee and student projects
• Serves as primary contact for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
• Serves as Chemical Hygiene Officer (29 CFR 1910.1450)
• Serves on Student Project Approval Committee
• Serves on Environmental Committee
• Serves on Emergency Response Team
• Serves as UST A/B operator
• Serves as SPCC coordinator
• Serves as emergency coordinator for hazardous waste (310 CMR 30.00 and 29 CFR 1910.120)
• Serves as hazardous building material coordinator (asbestos, lead, PCB)
• Acts as Health and Safety Resource to the College
• Ensures federal, state, and local regulations are followed
• Budget manager for Environmental Health and Safety
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at Hampshire College
- Teaching Assistant at University of Massachusetts - Environmental Health and Safety
- Conservation Intern at Town of North Andover
- Environmental Education Intern at Massachusetts Audubon
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science degree - Environmental Conservation
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Science - Environmental Science
- Bachelors of Science in Plant - Soil, and Insect Science
1. Primarily responsible for planning, directing, and implementing organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. 2. Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state,and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. 3. Planning and implementing programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials. 4. Preparing studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies. 5. Inspecting organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, 6. Determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. 7. Providing information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions. 8. Leading the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of mate- rial and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations. 9. Compiling and submitting accident reports required by regulatory agencies. 10. Overseeing the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time. 11. Preparing and arranging safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions. 12. Representing the organization in statewide exercise, community or industry safety groups and programs. 13. Maintaining safety files and records. Other duties may be assigned, as needed. 14. Conducting yearly Bloodborne Pathogen Training. 15. Conduction Basic life support training for all healthcare staff. 16. Conducting yearly Infection Control Training for dental staff. 17. Assisting with for Cooperative’s emergency response to environmental, structural, and employee incidents. 18. Working with HR to complete necessary information on insurance renewal.
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at Foothill Community Health Center
- Senior Health Analyst at Berkley Technology Services
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Green River Health department
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Alere
1 year at this Job
- Masters in Environmental and occupational - health sciences
- Masters in Clinical Drug Development - Clinical Drug Development
- Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences
As the health and safety manager, I am responsible for implementation and maintaining ISO and OSHA regulation. I perform safety audits and ensure al of the team members are following proper procedure and taking all required safety measures.
- Environmental health and safety manager at Adient US LLC
- Police Officer at PELL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal justice / EHS
- Aid in developing necessary permits and plans for the operation of a 500MW natural gas fired electrical generation facility; including Title V Air Permit, SPCC, Industrial User Permit (sanitary discharge), Stormwater, and Spill and Slug Plan - Develop and maintain a safety management plan and metric - Prepare internal and external audit reports pertaining to environmental health and safety
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at NAES CORPORATION
- Project Scientist/Manager at Geo-Technology Associates, Inc.
- Project Scientist/Manager at Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. and GTA Associates, Inc
- Environmental Scientist at CSI Environmental, LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Science
- High School Diploma
Circleville, OH, Olympia, WA, Coos Bay, OR, Milan, MI
• Preformed Environmental, Safety and Health self-assessments and root cause analysis (RCA's)
• Transitioned over 1200 MSDS documents to SDS and conducted chemical review and inventory
• Read, understand, and implement the requirements of the facilities Air, and Storm Water Permits
• Implemented and kept current the Wastewater, Storm Water, Solid and Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste, and Electronic Waste plans
• Maintained a vibrate plant-wide ergonomic program that fits the job to the employee not the employee to the job
• Ensures the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs, utilizing qualified instructors
• Coordinated an active investigation team to participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development and implementation
• Ensured EH&S records are managed in accordance with OSHA records management and the applicable EH&S standards
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at GEORGIA PACIFIC, LLC
- Internship in the CWU Department of Environmental Safety and Health at CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- Professional Military Trainer at MPRI/L-3 COMMUNICATIONS
- Program Coordinator at OIC OF WASHINGTON - AMERICORPS
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Safety and Health Management
Manage a team of Environmental, Health and Safety professionals to implement and manage of the environmental, health and safety program at a pulp and paper manufacturing facility.
• Developed and implemented a joint management/union safety committee.
• Administered multiple permitting actions for a $189 million multi-phased project including a Title V PSD Construction Permit.
• Directed the reorganization Environmental, Health and Safety department, including the development of an EHS management role.
• Implemented and administered facility Health and Safety Assessment process.
• Managed and implemented multiple EHS initiatives such as hazardous tool elimination, implementation of departmental Safety Improvement Plans (SIP) and coordination of multi-functional safety teams/employee engagement processes.
• Implemented leadership/management safety program.
• Manage Worker's Compensation and implemented an onsite health department.
• Re-organized the employee safety and health training process.
• Develop and maintain departmental budgeting and goal setting.
• Coordinated safety efforts with local union leaders including attendance to the United Steel Worker's Health and Safety Conference in Pittsburgh, PA. C. Guldan - Page Two
- Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at ND Paper Inc
- Environmental / Safety Consultant at WEC Energy Group, Inc
- Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, Milk Specialties Global at
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Weyerhaeuser NR Company
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology Management - Occupational Safety Management
Manage the safety and environmental programs for a 400 employee facility in the medical device industry. ✓ Integrated the environmental, health, and safety functions and requirements of a medical manufacturing facility from a small independent company into those of a very large technology company. ✓ Developed and implemented Safety programs to include Lockout/Tagout, Ergonomics, Work at Heights, Mobile Equipment, Machine Guarding, and Personal Protective Equipment. ✓ Lowered the Total Recordable Incident Rate by two thirds, the lowest in facility history.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager at TE Connectivity
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager at Owens-Illinois
- Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist at TOK America
- at University of Alaska - Anchorage
1 year, 9 months at this Job
Job Responsibilities: Manage the Health Safety and Environmental aspects associated with making Advanced Aerospace composites. Hexcel has approximately 600 employees. My small team ensures compliance, training of employees, and is responsible for the overall safety of our employees. The role works very closely with Operations to ensure that the product is being made with the strictest adherence to regulatory compliance.
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at Hexcel Corporation
- Safety Manager at Hunt Electric
- Global Senior Advisor Health, Safety, Environmental (HSEC) at Rio Tinto
- Health, Safety, Environmental Lead Salt Lake City at Regional Center, Distribution
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Applied Environmental Geosciences
• Program Development Review and Update
• Coordinate inspections with various Government agencies (EPA, & OSHA)
• Daily gemba walks to identify improvement opportunities to meet and exceed OSHA standards
• Document and Track Management of Change for PSM covered processes
• Conduct Risk Assessments for all changes to processes to identify and Countermeasure potential impacts to health and Safety.
• Direct Incident Investigations and root cause analysis
• Develop action items with respective parties
• Track Action Items to closure and ensure effectiveness
• Review of Environmental reporting documentation and submittals
• Conduct EPA Method 9 Opacity testing for smoke
• Implementation of ISO 14001:2015 transition standards Accomplishments: Reduce spend of Solid Waste Disposal $80K/yr Reduce spend of parts washers and process filtration units by $120K/yr
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc
- Environmental Health Safety & Security Manager at Avantor Performance Materials
- Environmental Facilities & Safety Senior Specialist at Kyosan Denso Manufacturing Kentucky
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Environmental Health Science B.S